AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-11, 10:15   Link #421
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Oops, i mistaken the monster you guys were refering to. Szilard was the "monster" devouring other shipmate, the other one that Maiza summoned was a demon?

For the demon, i suspect it's the blonde guy who talked to Maiza at the end of 1930 arc.
Like Huey, the demon seemed to enjoy watching the chaos from afar hence, i doubt any of the characters directly involved in the 1930+ stories is him.
Old 2008-02-11, 10:20   Link #422
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
For the demon, i suspect it's the blonde guy who talked to Maiza at the end of 1930 arc.
Yeah that's him and that character is probably the only blemish for the character designer, looks a little too much like Luck Gandor.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 14:15   Link #423
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
anyone know if Tic ever drank the elixir?

Spoiler for future novels:
Altharion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 00:39   Link #424
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm just full of questions about this show.

How about the scene on top of the train when Huey appears behind Chane? Immortality alone wouldn't make that happen. A representation of Chane's imagination? Some form of telepathic contact? Perhaps Huey made a pact with that demon and has powers we haven't yet seen; the demon sure took a special interest in him.

Huey having demonic powers would add an amusing touch to that conversation about his becoming Rail Tracer's father-in-law, wouldn't it?

Oh, and after enlarging that picture some, I don't think it's Huey. I think it might be someone who spoke during the meeting, though. I might do a little prospecting in episode seven and see if I can find a match.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-02-12 at 14:00. Reason: grammar
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 00:52   Link #425
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

A representation of Chane's telepathic link with Huey?
Chane did tell Huey about Lemures' plan earlier when the Senator/Gov came to visit Huey to negotiate the release of his wife and daughter.

Of course, it might be simultaneous monologue where both character gives their opinion/view and the scene arranged together so that it becomes a dialogue. Novel readers wanna confirm this?

Demonic power or not, but i think most of the 1700 immortals have found some other powers/knowledge from their long years of research. Szilard was able to create homunculi so who can say what other immortals could do?
Old 2008-02-12, 04:52   Link #426
Westlo
Lets be reality

That telepathic link was anime original btw I'm pretty sure.
Old 2008-02-12, 10:12   Link #427
Altharion
Pirate A

i really enjoyed the telepathic link between them, both scenes on the roof where great.

but i find it kinda funny that they made so many mistakes with the show after i watched several times, though there is always some mistakes in animation.
like the location of each cart in the train is mixed sometimes, the conductor room is sometimes on the front and sometimes on the back of the train, i think there is a problem with the daylight system but im not sure about the location. also kinda funny the small slip up on the english chane wrote on the roof in the end... "i also try to find you", the rope scenes too but its illogical from the start thoug.
Old 2008-02-12, 13:13   Link #428
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I cant wait for the DVD release of the OVA so it can get finally subbed : )

Old 2008-02-12, 18:36   Link #429
Chrono Helix

Who's that on the cover?
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 20:59   Link #430
Saffire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm just full of questions about this show.

How about the scene on top of the train when Huey appears behind Chane? Immortality alone wouldn't make that happen. A representation of Chane's imagination? Some form of telepathic contact? Perhaps Huey made a pact with that demon and has powers we haven't yet seen; the demon sure took a special interest in him.

Huey having demonic powers would add an amusing touch to that conversation about his becoming Rail Tracer's father-in-law, wouldn't it?

Oh, and after enlarging that picture some, I don't think it's Huey. I think it might be someone who spoke during the meeting, though. I might do a little prospecting in episode seven and see if I can find a match.
Spoiler for for Huey/Chane's telepathic link Novel Explanation:
Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 23:09   Link #431
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix View Post
Who's that on the cover?
Graham Spector. The character from episode 14, 15, and I guess 16 as well.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 23:46   Link #432
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altharion View Post
but i find it kinda funny that they made so many mistakes with the show after i watched several times, though there is always some mistakes in animation.
like the location of each cart in the train is mixed sometimes, the conductor room is sometimes on the front and sometimes on the back of the train, i think there is a problem with the daylight system but im not sure about the location. also kinda funny the small slip up on the english chane wrote on the roof in the end... "i also try to find you", the rope scenes too but its illogical from the start thoug.
I think some of that stuff is being fixed with the DVD release.. but not having seen any of the dvd rips I can't really tell. But I do remember them fixing some animation mistakes from the first 2 episodes when someone did a dvd/fansub comparison of the first Baccano! dvd.
Old 2008-02-13, 14:33   Link #433
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Sorry for interrupting any discussions going on here

I just watched Baccano!'s first episode.

There's only one word to describe my feelings.

"Clueless"

I don't know what's going on! Too many new characters/names to remember (I forgot 90% already) and some random scenes I find pretty amusing. Baccano! looks like Suzumiya Haruhi, except that the chronological order works inside the episode itself, not the series. Random, so confusing.

What is this anime about? I decide on this series without an attempt to look at its summary. Should I continue on?

At the same time, I wanted to continue Muteki Kanban Musume.

One anime which has violence & blood, or the other with comedy and food.

Couldn't decide..
Old 2008-02-13, 15:21   Link #434
Altharion
Pirate A

baccano! has comedy and food... i suggest you watch the next couple of episodes with the opening. Its easier to remember the names and you will understand the plot soon enough.
Old 2008-02-13, 16:23   Link #435
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I just finished this show in about two day, and wow it was great. The show just kept dragging me in and there was never a dull moment. Such a great show and really one of the best anime I seen. The anime had so many fun and interesting characters through out the show and really one of the reason why I loved the show. If I could give a score I would give a 10/10 easily.
Is there any plan on a sequel? Because I think there are still some issue that hasn't really been dealt with.
Old 2008-02-13, 17:26   Link #436
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

This show only covered a couple of the volumes so there is a ton more material waiting to be made into a sequel, but there are no actual plans to make that second season.

Sorry.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 16:47   Link #437
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Still to me that mean there is a hope that second season will be made. Though how was the rating or the dvd sales in Japan?
Old 2008-02-14, 17:23   Link #438
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There's always hope. Heck, I'm still hoping for more Five Star Stories and it has been 20 years since they made that OVA, but there 11 volumes of manga waiting to be made into a real TV season. It could happen. Any day now they might make the announcement that there is a new TV series of Five Star Stories.

The sad truth is that most shows could have a second season that is never made. Still, I'm hoping for a second season of Baccano as well as more Five Star Stories. I've got another 50 shows on my hope list with them.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 22:43   Link #439
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
Sorry for interrupting any discussions going on here

I just watched Baccano!'s first episode.

There's only one word to describe my feelings.

"Clueless"

I don't know what's going on! Too many new characters/names to remember (I forgot 90% already) and some random scenes I find pretty amusing. Baccano! looks like Suzumiya Haruhi, except that the chronological order works inside the episode itself, not the series. Random, so confusing.

What is this anime about? I decide on this series without an attempt to look at its summary. Should I continue on?

At the same time, I wanted to continue Muteki Kanban Musume.

One anime which has violence & blood, or the other with comedy and food.

Couldn't decide..
Episode 1 might be a little hard to understand first watching it, but it is one those episodes that have a high re-watch value. The talk between vice-president and carol were actually big hints on the future story.

If you compare Baccano! to higurashi, then you can see the first 6-7 episodes as Question Arc where they introduce the setting and creates the problem. And the rest of the episodes would be Answer Arcs where the connection is carefully unraveled.

Personally I enjoyed the ending very, VERY much. It is like having a triple orgy(?)
Gonna go read the novels now.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 08:06   Link #440
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
I'm a Baccano fanatic so my answer to that will be obvious xD

But yes, though the first episode is confusing, the more you watch it, the more you'll get to understand what's going on. This is what I like about Baccano. It didn't just make me curious on what will happen next, but it made me curious on how it all happened xD

Don't let the many number of characters and confusing events put you down xD Many have regretted dropping the series after watching the first episode, because after marathoning everything they've realized how awesome it is xD Hehehe

Tastes differ though. But for me, and to many others, Baccano is one of the most amazing series ever!!!! xD Sadly, not many have recognized its wonder, but it's really one of the best Hehe
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, crime, historical, shounen, supernatural