Notices

Old 2006-04-07, 15:23   Link #401
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai
Monad Proxy doesn't have a cape.
And neither does Ergo Proxy have long grey hair (unlike Monad).
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 09:29   Link #402
wao
OK.

Ergo Proxy aired today... I can't wait for the raw, it seems like there'll be a flashback so we get to see loli Ril (a bit of a tonguetwister there - roririru) Apparently
Spoiler for I don't know if it's true:

Meanwhile, WOWOW updated with the synopsis of ep 7 - seems like the earlier short synopsis was correct.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-08, 15:44   Link #403
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
"Vincent-tachi"? Who are you, TV-Nihon? Sheesh...

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but DVD 1 comes out May 25th for 2800 yen. To quote from CD Japan::

Quote:
Disc one in the series includes the first episode plus bonus disc with three versions of the original pilot, advanced introductory footage (two three-minute shows originally broadcast on cable channel WOWOW). Includes booklet.
One episode? Wow... strange release. :x
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 18:49   Link #404
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well, well, well.

Congratulations, guys! Those who've been bitching about the quality of the previous episode will feel elated. Episode 6 kinda brings us back to high quality stuff. Think episode one! Clear lines, beautifully drawn smooth faces, everything clear and not covered in dirty annoying blur.

It was clearly an upwards turn compared to the latest batch of episodes.

However, the plot is kinda getting bogged in its own complexity.

Spoiler:

As you can see, most of the episode didn't make any sense at all. Desipite the much better sakuga work, it was a big letdown. However, as absurd as the main storyline is, there were several very cute points.

1. Vince spends most of the time open-eyed.

2. Vince rushes in to save Ril from Queen (fans of the couple - rejoice, he is as obsessed about her, as she is about him). Hell, Vincent actually blushes!

3. Speaking of obsessions, what's going on with Raul? When he thought back to the murder scene at the mall, I kinda started thinking that you guys might be on to something and he is indeed "The Father".

However, he never thought about the lady or the child! He only thought about Vincent and the proxy that was following him. And he was extremely agitated about it; to the point of telling Kristeva to mind her own business! Secondly, he was very much looking forward to getting Vincent when the hovercraft got back to the Dome and was again very agitated when he got shafted about it.

This has NOTHING to do with the lady and baby. In fact, this was all about Raul and Vincent. What's going on here? Why does Raul need Vince so much? I thought Daedalus was in charge of the Amrita Project? Is Raul somehow connected as well?

All in all, a lot of questions asked, little of the answers gotten. This show is getting weird to the point where I start worrying. And with the main cast separating and the Proxy thing getting nowhere near resolved, this does not look promising.

But, it still looks pretty. And there's a gosurori Ril. Well, kinda semi-loli. Not Pino-level loli, but still very cute. Seems like Ril and Daedalus were childhood friends, or something like that. 8)
Old 2006-04-08, 20:56   Link #405
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
"Vincent-tachi"? Who are you, TV-Nihon? Sheesh...

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but DVD 1 comes out May 25th for 2800 yen. To quote from CD Japan::

One episode? Wow... strange release. :x
Yeah, I know it sounds wapanese, but I don't know how to express it in English - "Vincent and co." is commonly used but in this case I wanted to put it as it was in the synopsis to bring across the point that it may not be the usual Vincent and co. ...

Nice to hear ep 6 has good animation! Ep 5 was worrying me because although the faces looked great there was practically no movement.

And I'm roaring to see Vincent! Vince~nt! Woohoo. Although what you described of the episode really does feel very confusing... guess I'll have to watch it for myself...

Spoiler:

edit: Oh yeah, I think 1 episode for a dvd is not that strange when it comes to anime in Japan ... they want to suck the money right out of you. I wonder why this show has got a strange number of eps, 23... usually it's 24 or 26 isn't it? Maybe the last ep is going to be 1 hour.
Old 2006-04-08, 22:22   Link #406
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Another thought I had about this episode is that there is something fishy about Daedalus.

People have expressed their concern about his motives before, but until now I never felt there was anything insincere about him or that he had any nefarious plans. But this episode sort of establishes that he is into something neck-deep. It was especially clear when you compare his attitude and his composure during his scenes with Raul's agitated and disoriented state.

Hell, Daedalus even had this little sattisfied semi-evil smile when he finally got to Ril, as if telling us, the audience, something along the lines of: "Yes, my Grand Master Plan is finally back on track". It was very subtle, and maybe I am reading too much into it, but he definitely behaved differently this time, being not his usualy scientific/concerned friend of Ril.
Spoiler:

His reasons for watching those videos of young Ril were also out of context and his motives were impossible to judge at all.

Quote:
"Vincent and co." is commonly used but in this case I wanted to put it as it was in the synopsis to bring across the point that it may not be the usual Vincent and co. ...
Team Vincent. 8)
Old 2006-04-09, 00:09   Link #407
wao
OK.

Okay, theorizing time: Daedalus is a secretly deranged person who is overly obsessed with Ril and appears as her friend, but really wants to have her all to himself and do evil things to her. He's not interested in her interests, but that she's kept alive and back in Romdo so that he can.... look after her. And somewhere later in the series he will go mad and turn into a character from Speed Grapher.

...Nah.

And Team Vincent?! Well, that's a first...
Old 2006-04-09, 06:13   Link #408
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Okay, theorizing time: Daedalus is a secretly deranged person who is overly obsessed with Ril and appears as her friend, but really wants to have her all to himself and do evil things to her. He's not interested in her interests, but that she's kept alive and back in Romdo so that he can.... look after her. And somewhere later in the series he will go mad and turn into a character from Speed Grapher.
But what would be his fetish be? Robots? Goth makeup? Sticking syringes in people?
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 08:03   Link #409
wao
OK.

Well, I was thinking more of the guy who liked to take peoples legs apart... but except it's focused one one person, and not just the legs, but the entire person

Okay, that's just WAY TOO WEIRD. Enough!!! Aaargh! Let's just leave him as a not-entirely trustworthy bishounen. Pah.

EDIT: Okay, I watched the ep. This was yonks better than ep 5! I didn't think it was as confusing as MrProphet made it out to be.

Spoiler:

Ahem. Now I shall nonsensically babble and fangirl in a manner that utterly does NOT befit this show, and you may ignore it. Actually you probably want to, don't you.

Spoiler:

...And so on. I swear, this is the effect of watching Ouran, it turns you into a totally irrationally crazy.... Helplessly mindless fangirl. Nooooooooooooo

Last edited by wao; 2006-04-09 at 09:04.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 12:02   Link #410
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
they talked about mosco(w) dome in ep 1 so i am looking forward to see our proxy fellows home town, he also seems to be friends with the red haired proxy man that was in ep 1 and 3 so maybe some stuff related to him appears, hope it isnt that bad as real said it was...

i am quite certain pino's papa is raul now...
Altharion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 09:30   Link #411
wao
OK.

I am blatantly stealing from 2ch now, but this was just WAY TOO FUNNY TO PASS UP!!!

It's a bunch of extremely, extremely, extremely summarized versions of ep 1-4 and 6 of Ergo Proxy (5 is in production). Like the show for its deep thoughts and references to philosophers and other Cool Things? Well you aren't finding any of it here!! Not even a plot. Or anything, really.

Unfortunately for many people here they are in Japanese and would lose their humour if you didn't read them in the original but I have made a (poor) attempt to... "translate" them and equate them roughly to what it means in Japanese. It is not doing justice to the hilarity of the original works! In fact I have shamelessly thrown in a bit of my own humour, or rather what would be... vaguely funny in English...

Okay, not everyone might find it funny but I was laughing more than while watching the first ep of Ouran High School Host Club so that's pretty funny to me! Meh.

Technically this would work better if I wrote on the pictures but I don't dare touch the pictures, they're too precious... Many thanks to 159, 164, 180, 187, 202 (who are teh same person) and 207 who did an alternate version of ep 3 (I think it was 3?) Okay really, you just need to go to the Ergo Proxy thread, all I'm doing is the one thing I'm really good at, parroting...

All panels read like ep 1's -
4 | 1
-------
3 | 2
Spoiler for ep 1:

Spoiler for ep 2:

Spoiler for ep 3:

Spoiler for ep 4:

Spoiler for alt. ep 4 (this one is read differently, follow the arrows):

Spoiler for ep 6:

Okay, now I'll go and hide in a hole because I have terribly uncultured tastes.
Old 2006-04-11, 09:52   Link #412
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

LOL

This is cute. 8)
Old 2006-04-12, 00:50   Link #413
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
hmm the girl inpesctor is cat girl O,o, the animation style look like Ghost In The Shell tho, soooooooooooo dark that it pwned xvid/divx/h264 codec and give the encoder guy headache

<- new fan!!
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 09:08   Link #414
Mizkyu

She's not a catgirl. Those are hairclips.
Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 09:28   Link #415
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizkyu
She's not a catgirl. Those are hairclips.
But they do vaguely resemble nekomimi. Something tells me this was intentional. 8)
Old 2006-04-12, 16:55   Link #416
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Talking

those summaries are the greatest thing ever!!!!!!!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
I love them!!!!!!
If only AniDb would use summaries like that for all TV shows!!!
The world would be a better place!!!!!

Seriously, though, she does look like a cat-girl.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 17:08   Link #417
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
Seriously, though, she does look like a cat-girl.
She is trying to be Dorami of course.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 07:10   Link #418
wao
OK.

I swear she is a catgirl! I find the way her hair is not supposed to be like cat-ears but looks like it anyway... really cute! And furthermore, with the eyes and the makeup she really looks like a cat.

Cats are, of course, ALWAYS GOOD. So I approve!!

In those summaries my favourite part is how the guy draws Iggy and with those lips too...

...by the way the funny summary of ep 5 was out. But I'm too lazy to translate it now (oh come on, looking at it is funny enough!)

But before that, the Newtype summaries of ep 7-10! Ep 7's summary is the same as the one on the WOWOW site, but as for 8 (which will be storyboarded by Scrapped PRincess' director)
Spoiler for ep 8:

Ep 9 will be done by the same team who did ep 2 and 6 - animation studio, storyboarder, scriptwriter. Yay.
Spoiler for ep 9:

Ep 10 seems interesting.
Spoiler for ep 10:

Something like that, anyway. Vincent sure is the main character of this show
Old 2006-04-13, 10:46   Link #419
AisuruMirai
箱者

An extremely tardy reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
And neither does Ergo Proxy have long grey hair (unlike Monad).
You may be technically correct about that, but:

AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 00:15   Link #420
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai
An extremely tardy reply:

You may be technically correct about that, but:

Escuse my brake at this point but.. Isn´t gray hair a part of the mask? Monad Proxy (whatever he/it were...) wears a mask, I think.

BTW, I´m agree with the vincent´s cute theme in ep.6 too xD (Fangirls´ll rule this world LoL). Since the OP was released in ep.3, It´s obvious that he (Vincent) is a very important character. And don´t forget he appears before Lir in ep.1 (well, technically xD).

Edit: wait... Who is the monad P.? the one who follows Vincent or the one who meets Lir?

Last edited by Zaresh; 2006-04-15 at 10:22.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manglobe, science fiction