AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-10-18, 23:54   Link #821
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Dont know, from that ending with the fights to this fresh start with new settings, im not too much into this one, but im gonna keep watching cause i have faith that it will improve
What I weird is that even thought Uta said that he was going to have more fun, in this timeskip, he hasnt even been mentioned as a real thread, neither the pierrots or the one eye owl
Its only the second chapter, be patient.

Spoiler for ch 2:

Last edited by saw2097; 2014-10-19 at 00:14.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 01:17   Link #822
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
I love how Imperialscans translation nonchalantly implies thick-lip thinks Sasaki is a ghoul (sarcasm).

Just for information, that was not how the statement should be translated. wwwwww

同情でもしましたか?
佐々木一等
あなたならあり得るか
やはりあなたはグールに・・・

Roughly it should be:

Do you sympathize with them?
First Rank Investigator Sasaki
Well, if it's you it's possible
As expected, towards ghoul you are...

No idea how they manage to actually translate the last line into "Considering you're ghouls"

But man, Sasaki wears glasses huh... All this foreshadowing is hurting me inside!

Also looking at the way Orochi speaks more closely... He is giving me the vibe of Horse shit-senpai

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2014-10-19 at 01:28.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 12:49   Link #823
Lummie

A couple of observations:

Saiko:

Yonebayashi has a RC Factor of 850 which is pretty high in comparison with Mutsuki who had 655. Even though she resembles a NEET, her RC factor implies that she actively used her Ghoul side. Some odd detail that supports this that on all the colour pages she appeared in, her left eye was red unlike the other Quinx members. She's intentionally turning her ghoul side on because doctor Shiba explained that only Mutsuki couldn't control his Kakugan when it activates. Perhaps her role is being an observer of the battlefield like Hinami?

Urie:

Urie is an embarrassment of a leader. He aims to reach a higher platform but actively goes against what makes CCG so succesful, namely teamwork. Taking from what we've seen these couple of chapters: He got the wrong objective (ghoul), let an ally get pierced due negliance (if Shirazu was a normal human, that strike would've been fatal) and objects to the idea of respecting someone higher (Sasaki) who saved his ass.

He doesn't have to go higher in rank if he can make his current team grow and reach the top. They have that potential to begin with. Due Urie's hotheaded actions, Sasaki is being held back from developing as an investigator because all the effort goes into keeping the team together. A task that should not be only his responsibility.

That Mado Punch, by all means, should've been aimed at Urie and not Sasaki.

Serpent:

Serpent is Amon? I find that hardly believeable from what I've read so far. First of all the speech is way different, it doesn't resemble Amon. Also Serpent seemed like he had a shred of freedom (mindwise) and from Kuramoto's explanation there were investigators who were decapitated after their encounter with this ghoul. Would Amon be someone to kill his former comrades at sight? I personally believe Serpent might be a different entity that will move the story based on the rating he's been given. Ishida's introduction of Serpent as a powerhouse and a different objective then killing humans makes him mysterious.

Mutsuki:

I personally love this guy. He's a wild card because from all sides he's being viewed as weak but we know a guy who started out with the same fragile personality and kicked so much ass later on. (Kaneki)

Bonus:

Am I the only one thought of Hattori from Bakuman when he saw that lips inspector?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lummie; 2014-10-19 at 15:42.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 17:36   Link #824
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Isn't Sasaki too tall to be Kaneki? I mean, it's the world of Tokyo Ghoul and all, where you can magically spout out limbs and stuff out of thin air, but relative height seems to be pretty consistent so far.

Edit: I take that back. I just saw

Spoiler for Previous post:
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 17:43   Link #825
Ashe Nei

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
Isn't Sasaki too tall to be Kaneki? I mean, it's the world of Tokyo Ghoul and all, where you can magically spout out limbs and stuff out of thin air, but relative height seems to be pretty consistent so far.
Ehm, I don't think so.

According to the wikia (yeah, i know) Sasaki is something like only 0.5 cm. taller than Kaneki when he was 19 yo. and they both weigh the same (58 kg.).

It's seems pretty consistent so far (if Sasaki really is Kaneki).

I've seen your edit.
Ashe Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 19:05   Link #826
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Orochi's speech pattern DOES scream Nishiki....

But if it's him...why is he hunting ghouls.....Only reason I can think of is something has happened to Kimi
Old 2014-10-20, 01:32   Link #827
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

oh shit....something happened to Kimi :|
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 14:50   Link #828
ultramegapotato

MIght be that or he is against other ghouls after what happened to anteiku. Maybe he just wants to protect kimi, or maybe ,if sasaki is kaneki and torso is gourmet, then he might be looking for him (and also killing ghouls who feed on humans) so they could save him. Another possibility is that they are trying to clear the area off all the aggresive ghouls, maybe establish some new anteiku. Ofc the possibility is kimi, or maybe he is following some new goal. Maybe he´s trying to follow in kanekis steps. Or maybe , if gourmet is torso, then he might want to kill him out of revange.

Thats all the teories for nishki i could think about. I kinda hoped he would be yomo, but then i realized yomo has ukaku.
ultramegapotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 22:28   Link #829
WhenLambsBecomeLions

Hi everyone I've been stalking this thread since Tokyo Ghoul: Re was announced and I love that you all actively share theories and factual translations and information with one another. And thank you Natsuki and LGMax, you two have really helped a lot of fans broaden their insight into this wonderful series.

I wanted to address the idea that Nishiki may be Orochi and why he'd be looking for Torso as well. If the current fan fare is to be believed that Torso is Tsuukiyama, it'd make a lot of sense that Orochi's chase would be fueled by a need to avenge Kimi. Still playing with maybes and if's here, but Tsuukiyama were to blame anyone other than Kaneki for his disappearance, it'd easily be Nishiki. The two sat on the rooftop throughout the whole ordeal, is that correct? Tsuukiyama could easily blame Nishiki for not even trying to stop Centipede from going on the warpath. So it's a real good possibility you all have been turning around.

And with this being my first post... Just sayin... I hope someone eats Urie or he stops trying to be white haired Kaneki (by the way, what does Kuro and Shuro mean, sorry for the ignorance) :P Sharktooth is a pretty interesting guy but he seems to latch on to the emo kid quite hard. How do you think Haise will react if Urie decides to initiate a power struggle for dominance? And do you think when Haise unleashes his Kagune his hair loses it's color/shade?

Thanks again and sorry for the sudden splurge, it's just great to find an active community of TG fans outside of Reddit
WhenLambsBecomeLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 08:07   Link #830
shanksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenLambsBecomeLions View Post
Thanks again and sorry for the sudden splurge, it's just great to find an active community of TG fans outside of Reddit
There's also an an active group on batoto forums just to let you know ^_^
Old 2014-10-22, 13:14   Link #831
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Has anyone read the oneshot for Tokyo Ghoul?
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 13:27   Link #832
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Has anyone read the oneshot for Tokyo Ghoul?
I have (if you're talking about Joker). What of it? I did always wonder if and how it ties into the main story.
Old 2014-10-22, 13:29   Link #833
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
I have (if you're talking about Joker). What of it? I did always wonder if and how it ties into the main story.
thats not original one shot of TG. the oneshot is with steroid kaneki
Old 2014-10-23, 17:02   Link #834
LG-MAX 2.o

I've read, a good prototype, various effects of the one-shot were utilized in the normal series later, although Kaneki of one-shot more closely resembles Touka normal series than White Kaneki, ah yes, one stupid thing is Anteiku from one -shot is a place that gathers ghouls without the employees knowing that they are ghouls. lol

Tokyo Ghoul volume 14 sold 289.411 copies since it was launched on 17-19, while Zakki sold 61,880 copies.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 01:24   Link #835
Death Usagi
Banned

After reading that One-Shot, all I can say is... Shinohara in that one shot is so bad lol The original series one is more respectful @w@;
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 02:21   Link #836
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Spoilers is out~ (Not done yet I think?)
Spoiler:

That was quite a fast development. Didn't think Ishida would show Kokuria this soon O_O

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2014-10-25 at 02:40.
Old 2014-10-25, 02:36   Link #837
LG-MAX 2.o

where you saw the pictures? the maximum that I thought were two images, I see Sasaki anger face .

ps: now I saw the pictures, Sasaki snapped his finger? this very cool image.
Old 2014-10-25, 02:42   Link #838
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Spoiler:

I'm usually lurking in 2ch, that is where the spoiler pics source comes from.

Old 2014-10-25, 02:43   Link #839
LG-MAX 2.o

understand, I'm seeing the image of a tumblr site, according to the updates, the Hinami appears at the end and there a decapitated head.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2014-10-25 at 02:56.
Old 2014-10-25, 02:48   Link #840
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Spoiler:

Tags
action, comedy, drama, gore, modern fantasy, sci-fi, seinen, tragedy