AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2019-10-03, 22:55   Link #81
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The general setting is more or less the same as the game, but it is gonna be an original story, I believe. So in that way, kinda like Akiba's Trip or Ga-rei?
I totally wonder how Demonbane's writer (if I recall correctly) shapes this up. I have a friend who likes Demonbane but doesn't play Azur Lane. I'll have to ask his opinions once we are further into the season.

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2019-10-03, 23:33   Link #82
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I can get behind the girls putting their riggings on a la Saint Seiya. But Unicorn going Pegasus Rider and Kaga riding Ookami? Not so much.
Old 2019-10-04, 01:15   Link #83
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

>no SKK
Dropped.

It was good. Some dialogues were too exposition-y just to give info to viewers. And too many cut shots to other shipgirl groups just to say that they're also in the anime since most of them are fodder ships in the game. Was fun to see them and remember their names but most are just forgettable.
Definitely made my head scratch when U-chan was alive(?) and even transformed to be ridden. But Kaga's summon was cool and a nice addition. Had low expectations but it's off to a good start.
Old 2019-10-04, 05:28   Link #84
Vaans
NEET

I think it would've been better if they made the Commander a character. Also now I know why he can come with them during battles in the game.

But its nice to see my fave ship girls come alive.

Also them pantsu shots.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Old 2019-10-04, 05:36   Link #85
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 1:

Totally enjoyed the first episode. Laffey is funneh.

I like the sleepy girl trope.
Old 2019-10-04, 07:52   Link #86
arkhangelsk

As a person who hadn't played a second of the game, I nevertheless liked the PV and thought it'll be a winner. And I did like the first episode. Lots of action, and let's face it many of the main ships had more character than Fubuki ever did

I'm not sure what's happening since I know nothing of Azur Lane lore, but the concept of the Japanese ships being the bad guys (at least for now) is actually enormously fresh!

I also find the shipgirl design choices interesting and they are more individualistic than much of KanColle. Unicorn is lucky she's in Azur Lane - in KanColle with that body she'll be a kaiboukan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Japan may have a history of denying their, well history, but I don't recall a single anime where they portrayed Nazi Germany or their own Imperial state as good guys, much less it being the norm.
It is rare to do it head-on, but they'll for example call themselves Fuso and Germany Karlsland and then get on with it (in some Strike Witches maps, China is replaced with a circle, as if the Neuroi ate it or something).

Or how about KanColle - back before the first foreign ships showed up the enemies and battlegrounds were so Anglo-American down to the inch people were thinking they'll never put in American ships. Then they did a heel-face turn, and now ships are integrated without even a single shred of friction.
Closed Thread

Tags
sea battles, ship girls