Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-07-14, 12:18   Link #1661
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
all characters are mash friendly, you just have to know which button to mash at the right time... well except for Kokonoe.
I'm very sure its impossible to mash with Rachel and win.

And these BBCS characters seem to be designed in a way to be more newbie friendly, as the creators themselves have said, they wanted to attract more new players. This is made obvious with the 'beginner mode', which creates random combos when you press anything.

Mashable rushdown characters like Tsubaki are designed for this mode and for beginners.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:18   Link #1662
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, you can't really mash with rachel. speaking of EZmode, i was sooooo angry when my friend played Litchi in the arcade and played on easy mode. any counter hit would throw you in a 3k combo that could be reset. worst part is, you just mash one button..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:34   Link #1663
ZeroForever

lol... can someone tell me what easy mode does exactly? sounds like instant combos on single button hit confirms... which would be even dumber then the ability key assignment option in CT.
Old 2010-07-14, 14:35   Link #1664
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yeah, you can't really mash with rachel. speaking of EZmode, i was sooooo angry when my friend played Litchi in the arcade and played on easy mode. any counter hit would throw you in a 3k combo that could be reset. worst part is, you just mash one button..
There's a video on dustloop forums of some guy trolling people with EZMode Litchi and getting up 20 ranks in a day. Also beat some rank 7 Mu. Pretty lulz.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:43   Link #1665
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
lol... can someone tell me what easy mode does exactly? sounds like instant combos on single button hit confirms... which would be even dumber then the ability key assignment option in CT.
Yes it does random combos as long as you press any key, its for people who have no fighting game experience and only mash buttons to have fun.

The Drive button assignment is actually important for some characters, especially in the arcade. You'll never see a Rachel player with D set as the 4th button to the right.

Old 2010-07-14, 15:25   Link #1666
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11390567

Rachel has some lolz worthy combo that makes me love her more XD.
Btw, anyone has any recommend for arcade stick on the PS3 with reasonable price? I'm thinking about getting one after purchasing BBCS.
Old 2010-07-14, 16:00   Link #1667
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If you want to do real damage with Rachel, you'll need to learn how to combo with her j2C.

Alot of those combos are extremely complicated with lots of conditions, and they do not do as much damage compared to other characters with the same amount of effort.

The most practical of all j2C combos is the 'elevator combos', where you do a super jump with wind up and use a 2C while the opponent is stuck in a Baden Baden Lily or frog. Falling from max height, level 3 j2C is Rachel's most damaging single hit, with good proration and is a fatal counter.

You need to be extremely good with Rachel's wind to be able to fight with anyone.

Old 2010-07-14, 16:00   Link #1668
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

if i remember correctly from the arcade, there's a "drive" button, "attack" button, "special" and one more i can't remember. you can pretty much mash attack and it'll pull off combos for you. one thing is though you can't burst.

I don't think drive assignment is that important. its about what feels good for you. it feels more secure to have wind on your thumb, which is a stronger finger than the ring finger. when i play in arcades, i play type b, which has drive on the thumb because i find it easier to shoot out swords.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-07-14, 16:08   Link #1669
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well the control of wind for Rachel is getting very precise, so the thumb button is considered the best choice. I've never heard of anyone using type A for Rachel.

It varies from characters and also for players, so having the choice to choose the D button is actually a good feature.

Old 2010-07-15, 16:18   Link #1670
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so gamestop is having a midnight release for Starcraft 2, which comes out the same day as CS. so i jokingly asked the dude if i could go at midnight and get CS and he said yes. haha. so i got something to do monday night now! though i have to work tuesday. oh well.

Old 2010-07-15, 16:49   Link #1671
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
so gamestop is having a midnight release for Starcraft 2, which comes out the same day as CS. so i jokingly asked the dude if i could go at midnight and get CS and he said yes. haha. so i got something to do monday night now! though i have to work tuesday. oh well.
Which begets the question :-

SC2 or BBCS or both ?

I have the means to get both if need be. But I do prefer not to spurge such huge amount of cash in one single taking. Then, there's still Project Diva 2 two days down the road.....
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 17:06   Link #1672
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
It's an unfair choice, because I'd buy both, but I can't without impending my convention money. So... I say CS for me. I'll buy Starcraft 2 once I have confirm whether or not I get to drop a righteous nuke of "This is FOR FENIX!" on Kerrigan. :|
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 17:14   Link #1673
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Crap I totally forgot about Project Diva 2, didn't even order it, seems like my cash is death.

Old 2010-07-15, 19:14   Link #1674
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, my computer doesn't run SC2 and i don't know what project diva is. so i'm set with my decision

edit: now i know what project diva is.

Old 2010-07-15, 19:47   Link #1675
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
It's awesome up in Canada where SC2 is in stock before release for midnight release, and BB:CS will get held up at the border again and delay by like a week.
Old 2010-07-15, 20:15   Link #1676
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Which begets the question :-

SC2 or BBCS or both ?

I have the means to get both if need be. But I do prefer not to spurge such huge amount of cash in one single taking. Then, there's still Project Diva 2 two days down the road.....
Not getting Starcraft 2 until DOTA comes out for it, so easy choice for me
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 17:23   Link #1677
leodamine
Divine Akuma

any tao mains in here willing to help me out? I can never land the j.c in any of her 3C combos. Is there some kinda specific timing or something? I can get her 236cc combos out most of the time, but the 3C ones just kill me T.T
Old 2010-07-19, 23:39   Link #1678
Dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
It's awesome up in Canada where SC2 is in stock before release for midnight release, and BB:CS will get held up at the border again and delay by like a week.
Oh god, please dont jinx it. I didn't get my copy of CT until about a month after
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 23:47   Link #1679
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I wouldn't worry about Canada's shipments getting delayed this time. EB Games has the game listed as a July 27th release.

If you need even more proof, I have a RL friend who works in a Wal-Mart electronics department in Canada, and he told me they're recieving their shipment of Continuum Shift tomorrow but aren't allowed to sell them till the 27th.

So believe what you will, but I'm not worried at all thanks to this.~
Old 2010-07-20, 09:02   Link #1680
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

A week/nearly a week away.

I'm bleeding at the pores with anticipation of Lambda-tan. But she will never fillt he void Nu-chan left behind, though.

I looked on ebay at the Noel nendoroid, and they are pretty pricey. Most likely the shipping and the customs playing a part in that.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360