AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 15 20.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 35.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 28.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-07, 19:48   Link #61
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i have jealous and still get jealous but i don't i have been naive pass the age of 13.
Xellos! Your damn avatar and sig are distracting me!
Old 2009-03-07, 19:58   Link #62
Slick_rick

Quote:
i have jealous and still get jealous but i don't i have been naive pass the age of 13.
Well at least you've seen that quality in others so you understand it well. I myself never thought myself as naive when I was a teenager but when I was in the military I saw a lot of stuff that made me realize differently. I was never completely naive but certain things in this world I'd never experienced when growing up can certainly make it seem as if I were.
Old 2009-03-07, 20:11   Link #63
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

And this is where i suggest we drop all the personal issues and jabs being thrown at each other, and go back to discussing the actual episode. If there are issues to be settled, please take it to PMs, instead of cluttering up the thread even more. Thank you.
Old 2009-03-07, 20:32   Link #64
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

I can understand the Nina "hating" in this episode. The Felli fans upset over the ruined romance (well hand touch). The average crowd is upset that her instant animosity towards Layfon for a past action (without any understanding of the real situation) contradicts her previous decision to help Layfon out and destroys the cohesion of her team that she always works towards. Nina still has room to wiggle out of her annoyingly static and unaccepting paradigm and be accepted by the masses, but at this point you can't blame people for disliking her character.

Also I'm brand new here so I'm not sure what has to into a spoiler category on an episode review.... I hope I did fine since every one here has watched the episode... right?

Also, Also don't get mad because I'm not trying to Nina hate, just trying to put reason behind why a large number of people see her as annoying at this point.
Old 2009-03-07, 20:33   Link #65
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by danin8r44 View Post
I can understand the Nina "hating" in this episode. The Felli fans upset over the ruined romance (well hand touch). The average crowd is upset that her instant animosity towards Layfon for a past action (without any understanding of the real situation) contradicts her previous decision to help Layfon out and destroys the cohesion of her team that she always works towards. Nina still has room to wiggle out of her annoyingly static and unaccepting paradigm and be accepted by the masses, but at this point you can't blame people for disliking her character.

Also I'm brand new here so I'm not sure what has to into a spoiler category on an episode review.... I hope I did fine since every one here has watched the episode... right?

Also, Also don't get mad because I'm not trying to Nina hate, just trying to put reason behind why a large number of people see her as annoying at this point.
You've done fine danin. No need to worry, your post is reasonable and fair for both sides.
Old 2009-03-07, 20:45   Link #66
Enternal

Holy moly! This place turns into a battlefield while I was away.

Quote:

Yeah, it's easy to understand why people are disliking Nina right now because I'm feel the same about her but it seems like there are some people who are beyond simply disliking Nina to outright hating her which I think seems to be an issue here. I don't like how Nina is right now especially in this episode but I still think that she's a strong character who is still willing to fight things head on rather than Layfon who tends to run away from things although he too seems to be getting better. What I think is that it's great that things like this is what makes characters understand each other more. It's just like how we see Felli is opening up. It's great to see that and the same thing applies to Nina and Layfon. The more they open up and understand each other, the better the relationship becomes.

Anyway, I find it's interesting how we when we can't beat someone, we go after someone close to them to hurt them. It's pretty sad I would say. At least the monster guy got his butt handed to him or rather he was killed.
Old 2009-03-07, 20:46   Link #67
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

personally i don't hate Nina but her character really is too cliche and too predictable. As for Feili kicking FonFon, you can get away with it if you are moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Xellos! Your damn avatar and sig are distracting me!
weapons of mass distraction
Old 2009-03-07, 20:47   Link #68
justinstrife

Some people need to run away and grow up some, before they are able to come back and tackle old problems. Sometimes with the help of others, and sometimes by themselves. It's just not time yet for Layfon to come to terms with his past and put it behind him.

Must
Not
Look
At
WMD's...
Old 2009-03-07, 20:55   Link #69
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Some people need to run away and grow up some, before they are able to come back and tackle old problems. Sometimes with the help of others, and sometimes by themselves. It's just not time yet for Layfon to come to terms with his past and put it behind him.
And I guess someone's just gotta be the catalyst for Layfon's "awakening" from his pasts.
Old 2009-03-07, 20:57   Link #70
Enternal

Quote:
personally i don't hate Nina but her character really is too cliche and too predictable. As for Feili kicking FonFon, you can get away with it if you are moe

weapons of mass distraction
Yeah definitely. She is very predictable. Hopefully that changes to make things much more interesting.

The thing about Felli is that she's too cute at times so she can get away with things unlike Nina. But... Leerin! Woohoo! You can see that I'm a Leerin fan so it's soo awesome that you get to see her in this episode a lot more.
... Dang, it seems like almost every posts that I made in this thread is something a long the line of "Yeah! Leerin!" and that's kind of sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
And I guess someone's just gotta be the catalyst for Layfon's "awakening" from his pasts.
So Nina would probably be that person. Leerin is probably the comforter to keep him from falling any further. Felli is... I can't figure it out. Perhaps Felli is there to lighten the mood with the force of the frills? If it is, those frills really are a force to be reckon with.
Old 2009-03-07, 21:06   Link #71
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Yes and no. I believe Leerin, the Queen, HBers, and Felli also will play a role in their own way. Since they all have different views on Layfon and his past, they'll all be contributing somehow to his confronting his past and growing up further.
Old 2009-03-07, 21:13   Link #72
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:

I don't think anyone's upset that some people may dislike Nina, but more on the frothing hate she has been getting. Which is silly, if you ask me.

Either way, I can't really form a proper opinion on Nina's so-called animosity as I can't understand moonspeak, but from we were shown of her character in previous episodes, we already know that she's prideful and self-righteous. All of which have been treated as legitimate flaws by some of the characters in the show themselves. I don't expect changes right off the bat, but I do expect her to develop sometime soon (otherwise why all the focus?).
Old 2009-03-07, 21:15   Link #73
TrueKnight

I'm a Fon-fon x Felli fan and I loathe what Nina did at the end of the ep. But overall I still like her and I think she's like guiding Fon-fon to be a better soldier in terms of ideal just like in this episode and previous ones.
Old 2009-03-07, 21:15   Link #74
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
I don't think anyone's upset that some people may dislike Nina, but more on the frothing hate she has been getting. Which is silly, if you ask me.
That is exactly how I felt about the issue

Quote:
Yes and no. I believe Leerin, the Queen, HBers, and Felli also will play a role in their own way. Since they all have different views on Layfon and his past, they'll all be contributing somehow to his confronting his past and growing up further.
Oh yes I agree if you count all the other characters. With this interaction, Layfon would benefit a lot from it as well as all the other characters. I also do wonder if any of the other characters in the the current Regios would have any impact. I'm guess they do since in a way they kind of represent Layfon's present and probably all the characters interaction with him will also his future as how things will turn out.

That is what makes this series so interesting. We have the actions which are great and we also have great characters and great interactions. I can start to see why the novel won awards for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I'm a Fon-fon x Felli fan and I loathe what Nina did at the end of the ep. But overall I still like her and I think she's like guiding Fon-fon to be a better soldier in terms of ideal just like in this episode and previous ones.
Haha. I was like "Noo! Don't stop Nooo!" but it was too late...
Old 2009-03-07, 21:24   Link #75
ThoHell

I just don't like that serious facial expression on Nina's face. Just completely unfitting. She was the child running around being emo and playing war games and getting all giddy over little victories and now she's trying to go about being adult like and preaching. Preaching isn't the problem, but if she's going to go about preaching, she should be qualified to preach on that specific topic. It's like me trying to teach you law when I have no experience and little knowledge of it.
Old 2009-03-07, 21:31   Link #76
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I just don't like that serious facial expression on Nina's face. Just completely unfitting. She was the child running around being emo and playing war games and getting all giddy over little victories and now she's trying to go about being adult like and preaching. Preaching isn't the problem, but if she's going to go about preaching, she should be qualified to preach on that specific topic. It's like me trying to teach you law when I have no experience and little knowledge of it.
Well if it's about the topic then I can say that Nina knows. Although that knowledge is not the same as the knowledge that Layfon knows as what Layfon knows is about battle with monsters. What Nina knows is different. I won't say anymore than that because I don't want to get into trouble again with Skyfall about spoilers as you might saw in the the episode 8 thread there was part where a lot of posts were deleted. Heh, it was mostly mine.
Old 2009-03-07, 21:39   Link #77
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Does anyone know the full extand of Layfon´s past and care to share it? Im really curious and can hardly contain myself
Old 2009-03-07, 21:42   Link #78
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Does anyone know the full extand of Layfon´s past and care to share it? Im really curious and can hardly contain myself
You should go look through the general discussion page although that might be a long read through. You can also go to the "Regios - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Regiosites only)" thread of this forum.
Old 2009-03-07, 21:46   Link #79
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
You should go look through the general discussion page although that might be a long read through. You can also go to the "Regios - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Regiosites only)" thread of this forum.
Well I will look through it if nobody replys.
Old 2009-03-07, 21:48   Link #80
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Well I will look through it if nobody replys.
If you really want to know, read the manga or novel....
Closed Thread