Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-15, 20:16   Link #301
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Exactly why I love how witches are depicted in WCW. They are not the typical cutesy/moe "mahou shoujo" kind of witches, in fact they remind me of the witches from the Luminous Arc rpg series. Armed and dangerous fighting witches ftw.
That's a nice comparison. Kagari is a kind of more serious & less bold version of Vanessa from Luminous Arc 1, she's as aggressive & badass (& well endowed) as her

The first episode didn't convinced me much but the second episode works better. I like how witches are all crazy. It's visually nice and the fights are pleasant but it's a shame the fire effects aren't hand-drawn, it has less impact...
Waiting for next episode since Katsushi Sakurabi is directing it along with episode 5.
Old 2014-01-15, 20:32   Link #302
Znail

As for crazy witches so does the goon squad seem like the most sensible ones. I guess it's inversly related to power how crazy the witches are
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 21:30   Link #303
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
With some adjustments, sometime around the late 20's would be my guess. Probably the 27th or 28th, or close to that.
27th no doubt, 28th makes a nice epilogue and would no doubt be in the OVA recently announced. So I am kind of suspecting they are going to cut some material that IMO felt filler-ish on the manga (or maybe they will breeze through it).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 21:39   Link #304
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
27th no doubt, 28th makes a nice epilogue and would no doubt be in the OVA recently announced. So I am kind of suspecting they are going to cut some material that IMO felt filler-ish on the manga (or maybe they will breeze through it).
I was wondering how they would cover 27-28 chapters in 12 episodes, but it makes sense that they would cut out some "fillerish" stuff and keep the most important parts. I'd ask about what would be considered filler but that would be getting into manga discussion so I won't do that.

Having the OVA be some sort of epilogue would sit better with me that it being some sort of comedy/fanservice OVA.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 09:27   Link #305
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
I was wondering how they would cover 27-28 chapters in 12 episodes, but it makes sense that they would cut out some "fillerish" stuff and keep the most important parts. I'd ask about what would be considered filler but that would be getting into manga discussion so I won't do that.

Having the OVA be some sort of epilogue would sit better with me that it being some sort of comedy/fanservice OVA.
Well they are averaging about 2 chapters an ep. And they might be able to squeeze some of the more action focused to containing more then 2 chapters as they tend to have a lot more splash pages and if I remember right the manga tends to recap alot something that isn't needed as much in a weekly anime.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 11:17   Link #306
theory28

Quote:

Judging by the first 2 episodes (not much to go on, I know...), they have adapted the first volume. Rather than think of it as ~28 chapters, it might be better to think of them adapting roughly 2 episodes per volume/tankobon of WCW's manga.

Not wanting to spoil, but the end of volume 6-ish seems like it would be the logical cut off point, with the following chapters being suitable for OVA material. This would make 6 volumes into 12 episodes + maybe 2-3 chapters that are from the (unreleased) vol 7 for 1 OVA.

Last edited by theory28; 2014-01-19 at 11:29. Reason: added last sentence
theory28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 08:58   Link #307
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 09:06   Link #308
Avaricia
My Lord

I hate CG's!! Especially those retarded flames in the bus
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 13:28   Link #309
SinsI

Kugumiya Rie as Chronoir Shwarz VI seems like an extremely ill fit to me, her childish Louise voice is anything but what I imagined her to sound...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 15:27   Link #310
Tenzen12

To be honest I don't particulary fancy to Rie Kugimia , but that "standart kugi"-"serious voice" switch worked quite well for chronoir.

She and glassed guy from OP are my favourite characters (plus Medusa).
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 21:23   Link #311
Kioras

Quote:

Won't be as much of an issue, around chapter 20 they switched from monthly publication that averaged about 35-45 pages a chapter, so ~80 manga pages an episode, and the later ones are closer to 25-30 pages, so fitting more of the story in the episodes won't be nearly as bad.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 21:33   Link #312
Razdent

Third episode did not disappoint. I'm still having fun picking out little details that are hidden in the backgrounds. I'm also really digging the OST and the visuals. Definitely will need to watch this series more than once. Since the first episode aired, I was waiting to see how well they would do this episode. I thought 2 chapters for this episode would make it feel really rushed but surprisingly even though a lot of things happened it felt like it all happened at a reasonable pace (unlike a certain other Magic anime that's airing this season).
Razdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 00:16   Link #313
HandofFate

hm, some info or hints about contracts, but not what. Kagari reminds me of a dragon.
The flying on the broom parts reminds me of Kiki's Delivery Service.

Surprised the initial 5 that transferred into the school hasn't done anything at all besides a small scene in episode 2. Expected each one to do their little battle or arc one by one and then a climax at the end of the series.

So those thugs that Kagari beat up at the end aren't witches right?
Old 2014-01-20, 00:20   Link #314
SeaDoor

Man, the tower witches seem to be just another version of Team Rocket.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 01:37   Link #315
Anime299

I thought Kagari said
Spoiler for Episode content:
Also, interesting to see 'Rak' from TOG sitting in the back of the bus!!!
Anime299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 02:33   Link #316
Tenzen12

That was just blatant excuse to beat them as they hurt Honoka.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 06:23   Link #317
ookamigirl

Takamiya is a joke.
Kagari is his complete opposite.
No wonder no one likes their new relationship.
It's funny and amusing watching everyone spread negative energy towards Takamiya.
Kagari sure has her hands full with protecting that little whimp.
Second part of the episode was more interesting.
It's nice Kagari is finally teaching him about magic.
Good episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 06:34   Link #318
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Well, episode 3 was a rather informative episode I'm rather happy with the progress of the characters, there hasn't been anything to complain about for me since Takamiya is doing his best to improve his abilities to protect Kagari, and Kagari is just Kagari, she can be cute in her own way
Old 2014-01-20, 07:38   Link #319
dmaxzero

Takamiya is an average person thrown in an exceptional situation, he is not being leveled up to the situation as most MC are, he is barely trying to keep up.
That being said, he is not smart nor anything, just average, so average that the dictionary may have a picture of him in the word average.
However was is not average is the ending... damn so funny.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 10:44   Link #320
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
hm, some info or hints about contracts, but not what. Kagari reminds me of a dragon.
The flying on the broom parts reminds me of Kiki's Delivery Service.

Surprised the initial 5 that transferred into the school hasn't done anything at all besides a small scene in episode 2. Expected each one to do their little battle or arc one by one and then a climax at the end of the series.

So those thugs that Kagari beat up at the end aren't witches right?
Of course they are witches I mean who ever hear of Students trying to shake down weaker people for money and try to attack some one who came to stop them. It was a dastardly crafty trap for him be cause that knew he would be near that out of the way side street at that exact moment. [/sarcasm]

the witch 5 are so out of their league it isn't funny (well yes it is) as we have seen in ep 2 Kagari can curbstomp all of them at once, the best they can manage is 1 escaping while she ko's the rest and even that escape is short lived.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, witches