AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-06-28, 14:05   Link #11961
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTR View Post
I dunno, was the 07151129 confirmed to have something to do with the epitaph?
So far, no sensible results were achieved trying to connect them, at least I don't remember hearing any.

Meanwhile, I remembered the idea I just had. The Discord seal that always scares people into splitting.

Well, what if it's meant to be an extra hint, to arrive while people are busy solving the epitaph, that simply arrives out of order and references the second twilight, hinting at the way one is supposed to tear apart those who are close?

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 14:08   Link #11962
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

Well, I was thinking about it the other day, and I haven't figured out a way to get 11 with those numbers. If you do 2+9 that's clearly 11, but there's no other pair or combination that will give you 11 after that. All the ones and the 5 and up to 8, but no way to get 11 after. All of the ones plus seven add up to 10, but no way to get 11 after. If you do 7+2+1 that leaves 1, 1, 5 and 9 which leaves 9+1+1 as another 11, but you're left with a random 5 at the end.

The only thing that evenly breaks down to is 13 :/
0+7+1+5= 13 =1+1+2+9 but then that leaves two sets of 13 rather then just 13.

Maybe I'm just overthinking this
TTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 14:09   Link #11963
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckledorf View Post
After episode 6, the curious part of me wonders if Battler could at all be in on people faking their deaths. Could explain why he is never really 'chosen' as a sacrifice. Also, he is in position to lay quite a few of the letters that were found. Of course, this is crazy talk since Battler has control of his own piece and would know this. Not going through with it would be an easy was to stop the murders, in my opinion.
Actually, one possible interpretation is that Battler is not really in control of his own piece, nor his own perspective. (He himself says once that "I am not responsible for my own conduct." after all)

This, among other things, allows Shkanon to exist in a way that doesn't have credibility problems (Kanon can simply be completely virtual then, for example) -- but unfortunately leaves us with very, very little to stand on, as if we can't trust what Battler sees in this case either.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-06-28, 14:10   Link #11964
Leafsnail

Well, 13 sacrifices in the ceremony, right?

For some weird reason, it made me think there were two birthdates, those of Battler and Battler-2/ whoever else was born around that time. I suppose if the murderer in ep3 is Kyrie, both dates would have a real significance to her, and could serve as part of her motives for the murders?
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 14:11   Link #11965
Oliver

Quote:

And getting Amakusa? Maybe not.

If my memory serves me right, Amakusa's name almost literally reads as "13".

EDIT: Found it. "Amakusa's first name is Jyuuza. His whole name in Japanese is 天草 十三 ... so his first name literally means '13.'"

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-06-28, 14:13   Link #11966
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

07151129. It is no coincidence that 0715 is Battler's birthday reason being that if they didn't want that confusion it would likely be 7151129. I don't know if the 0715 part is supposed to be played with. I think the part that is supposed to be played with is 1129. I believe someone pointed out that you can make 1129 into kills. So, someone is blaming Battler for all of the deaths?

Amakusa is likely not on that island, unless someone there is an impostor. I think the only people open to being an impostor is Kanon, Gohda and Nanjo.
Smeckledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 14:15   Link #11967
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

You're referring to Juuza right? Well strictly from the kanji, it IS 13. So maybe there is something to it.
delita-umw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 14:16   Link #11968
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
And getting Amakusa? Maybe not.

If my memory serves me right, Amakusa's name almost literally reads as "13".
D: It does... His first name, it's Amakuza Juuza (天草 十三)

QUICK anyone know his birthday? I wouldn't be surprised if it was 11 29
Old 2010-06-28, 14:18   Link #11969
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Well, I was thinking about it the other day, and I haven't figured out a way to get 11 with those numbers. If you do 2+9 that's clearly 11, but there's no other pair or combination that will give you 11 after that. All the ones and the 5 and up to 8, but no way to get 11 after. All of the ones plus seven add up to 10, but no way to get 11 after. If you do 7+2+1 that leaves 1, 1, 5 and 9 which leaves 9+1+1 as another 11, but you're left with a random 5 at the end.

One thing that you missed is that the sum of the first and the last is 9 like the sum of the second and the second last. 'though I don't know if it's relevant at all.

In EP6 we have a "伊藤幾九郎〇五七六" that must be read as "11019960576" that must be interpreted as "18^8" which then must be read as "Touya Hachijo"

Go figure what that 07151129 could be...

Quote:
the only birthdate that is known is Battler's

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 14:18   Link #11970
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:

Well there are 13 sacrifices and 5 people who are left according to the epitaph.

十三 (Juza) in Amakusa Juza's name also can mean 13.

Even so we haven't really found anything important from this just random references. And it's really not unusal for their names to refer to numbers either. IIRC Rena's name in Higurashi was a reference to the "07" in Ryukishi's name and 34 was part of the "Miyo" in Takano's name I think.

The numbers 07151129 probably only refer to the bank account. So what's important is probably where the money came from. Or maybe the number can also refer to the amount of yen in the account. For example if you switch the number around maybe it could be 7,151,129 yen.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 14:19   Link #11971
Oliver

Quote:
D: It does... His first name, it's Amakuza Juuza (天草 十三)

Unfortunately, absolutely nobody's exact birthday is ever given except Battler's. If any were given and I mysteriously missed them, I want them for my timeline.

But I think I got more or less all of the dates possible.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-06-28, 14:21   Link #11972
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Go figure what that 07151129 could be...
A sum of two squares, a multiple of two primes... nothing particularly special, I'm afraid.

EDIT: Wolfram Alpha immediately guesses the 18^8 though.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-06-28, 14:28   Link #11973
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
The numbers 07151129 probably only refer to the bank account. So what's important is probably where the money came from. Or maybe the number can also refer to the amount of yen in the account. For example if you switch the number around maybe it could be 7,151,129 yen.
Yes, I can see that...
"Oh shit, everyone is going to die... I'll give them the number to the bank accounts so that when they see the money they can find out who the killer was! Yea, when they get back home and get the letter they'll... Dammit."
Also, the only person we know of who knows those numbers is the person who sent the money, but we don't know who that actually is.
Old 2010-06-28, 14:30   Link #11974
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Yes, I can see that...
"Oh shit, everyone is going to die... I'll give them the number to the bank accounts so that when they see the money they can find out who the killer was! Yea, when they get back home and get the letter they'll... Dammit."
Also, the only person we know of who knows those numbers is the person who sent the money, but we don't know who that actually is.
At the very least it's the same person that knows where the gold is, the paint used is the same.

Old 2010-06-28, 14:32   Link #11975
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Yes, I can see that...
My opinion is that Nanjo Jr. was correct in calling it dirty money. It's probably Yakuza money or something.

As for who could create the account I think anybody in business could be capable of doing it the only discrepancy is who would give them the money and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
At the very least it's the same person that knows where the gold is, the paint used is the same.
I don't see why you have to know where the gold is to make the magic circles. There are only a few people capable of drawing it probably.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 14:34   Link #11976
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

Also on that 1998 note, I wonder why Captain Kawabata has Sakutarous in his shop

I mean, if it were massed produced at some point, wouldn't Ange have seen it at some point in her life?

The way she reacts to seeing it makes it seem like she hasn't seen a Sakutarou ever :/
Old 2010-06-28, 14:35   Link #11977
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

Wasn't that just a repaired Sakutarou that got left on the boat?
delita-umw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 14:39   Link #11978
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Probably useless. But I thought about converting numbers to their position in the family. 0 Being head and 07 just being Battler.
(Kinzo), Battler, Kyrie, Eva, Natsuhi
(Kinzo), Battler, Krauss, Jessica, Eva, Natsuhi
Perhaps, the latter is some weird order of rank where Battler is held higher for a reason only known to a few people? That seems wrong though, because Jessica should have no reason to be above Eva and Natsuhi shouldn't be in the top 6.
Of course, if someone else is head then the numbers get jumbled.
Old 2010-06-28, 14:40   Link #11979
Oliver

Quote:
As for who could create the account I think anybody in business could be capable of doing it the only discrepancy is who would give them the money and why.
Notice that it isn't an account but safe-deposit boxes of cash.

There's one interesting thing about large amounts of cash. Banks often don't have such quantities on hand and need to order them specially. Unfortunately I can't tell if the ordinances requiring banks to report huge withdrawals like these to tax officials or anti-laundering government organisations were in effect in 1986. They don't have to report anything about who owns safe-deposit boxes in their vaults though.

The obvious result is that the money would be hard to obtain in a perfectly legal manner period, but it can have been obtained from clandestine sale of metallic gold.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-06-28, 14:42   Link #11980
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I don't see why you have to know where the gold is to make the magic circles. There are only a few people capable of drawing it probably.
No that's not the point. There are red paint scribbles on the way to the gold. One of them is on the very door that leads to the room with the gold.

The red paint used is the same stuff. Chances that two unrelated persons just happen to use the same paint are minimal.
And even if you suppose that the one that uses the red paint during the game just copied the idea from the one who made those on the way of the gold... you still need to think that this person has seen those, which means, this person knows where the gold is.