AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-08, 22:18   Link #13981
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Spoiler for Off-Topic Reply:
Spoiler for Off Topic Reply #2:

Anyways, I want Aogami to be the 6th Level 5. I don't want another new character - the cast is already big enough.
Old 2011-09-09, 01:46   Link #13982
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
[SPOILER="Off Topic Reply #2"]But becoming an immortal actually means that you abandon your name and take an abbreviated one, so when they say "Lelouch vi Britannia is dead." it could mean he's physically alive and his former identity was killed.
Spoiler for Off Topic Reply #3:

Anyway, this isn't the Code Geass "Is Lelouch Really Alive?!?!?!?!?!" thread; take this to my PMs or VMs if you want to continue this further. Back to the topic at hand.

Quote:
Anyways, I want Aogami to be the 6th Level 5. I don't want another new character - the cast is already big enough.
I don't; it would be completely cliche. A Level 5 Esper hiding his identity amongst Level 0s because... why, exactly? How did he become so anonymous as to even be capable of doing that anyway? Misaki had the excuse of being a mind-manipulator.
Old 2011-09-09, 02:08   Link #13983
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I don't; it would be completely cliche. A Level 5 Esper hiding his identity amongst Level 0s because... why, exactly? How did he become so anonymous as to even be capable of doing that anyway? Misaki had the excuse of being a mind-manipulator.
Even then Misaki isn't anonymous to the characters -_-

People seem to misunderstand something, unknown to the readers is not the same as unknown to the characters. Everybody knows who the Number 5 is, only recent is it made known to the readers.
Old 2011-09-09, 02:10   Link #13984
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Everybody knows who the Number 5 is, only recent is it made known to the readers.
That's the point I'm trying to make. Assuming Aogomi is the #6 Level 5, how did he get into a Level 0 curriculum and no one comments on it?
Old 2011-09-09, 02:35   Link #13985
Drifting Wolf

If you're a Level 5, what more can the curriculum do for you? Only Accelerator can reach a Level 6 anyway. Besides, being a Level 5 means you can do whatever you want to do and almost nobody can do anything about it.

In the actual education system, you can have a perfect 4.0 GPA and still opt for a 'lousy' school and the educators can't do jack about it. What would be so strange about the 6th Level 5 being bored and just wanting to while his time away?
Old 2011-09-09, 02:56   Link #13986
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
If you're a Level 5, what more can the curriculum do for you?
Nothing, which is why you don't go back to the one for Level 0s.

Quote:
Only Accelerator can reach a Level 6 anyway.
This is fanon. As far as we know, Level 6 is impossible to achieve with the methods AC was using, and Kakine was also said to be capable of reaching it.

Quote:
What would be so strange about the 6th Level 5 being bored and just wanting to while his time away?
Nothing's wrong with it. I would just suspect all of his LEVEL 0 classmates would make a big deal about it. And if he's been with them for a while, then maybe not. Either way, I just refuse to buy the idea of Aogomi as the #6 Level 5.
Old 2011-09-09, 03:00   Link #13987
Zakoo

Honestly there's plenty possibility, the most possible in my eyes is that Aogami is a pawn of Aleister since the last one can change everything in AC as he wishes, if he wanted to change his identity and put another pawn (that is faithful only to him unlike tsuchimikado) he can do it.

But, who knows, maybe he is just a lolicon level 0 after all.
Old 2011-09-09, 03:13   Link #13988
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
But, who knows, maybe he is just a lolicon
He's not just a lolicon. He's also into *deep breath* fallen female main characters, foster sisters, foster mothers, foster daughters, twins, widows, senpais, kouhais, fellow classmates, teachers, childhood friends, ojou-samas, blondes, brunettes, brown-haired, silver-haired, long-haired, medium-haired, short-haired, girls wearing bobby pins, wavy-haired, twintails, ponytails, one-sided ponytails, twin braids, ahoges, curly-haired, girls in sailor clothes, blazers, judogi, kyuudougi, kindergarten nurses, maids, policewomen, witches, shrine maidens, nuns, military women, secretaries, shotas, tsunderes, cheerleaders, stewardesses, waitresses, goth girls wearing black, goth girls wearing white, girls in China dresses, frail girls, albino girls, fantasists, girls with split personalities, queens, princesses, thigh-high socks, garterbelts, girls who cross-dress as guys, girls who wear glasses, girls who wear an eyepatch, girls who wear bandages, girls in school swimsuits, one-piece swimsuits, bikinis, V-shaped bikinis, bikinis that barely cover anything, youkai, ghosts, animal-eared girls, etc.

And at least one of them is probably male.
Old 2011-09-09, 05:01   Link #13989
leukrota

^ Correction, at least one of them is definitely male.

Aogami is dangerous. The Patriarch of the Russian Church better beware (he's 15 but looks like a kid, at least from Vasilisa's point of view.)
Old 2011-09-09, 05:46   Link #13990
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Is it stated somewhere that touma's school is for level 0's? i know touma and tsuchimakado are level 0 but does it state anywhere that the school is for level zeros? if i remember correctly atleast some level threes go there because during Daihaseisai

Spoiler for Daihaseisai:

Level 0's can't pull off those attacks on the other hand i'm not quite certain what level 1 and 2 are capable of. there is also Kumokawa who also wouldn't belong in that school if you look into her capabilities. well either way i'm just looking for some kind of confirmation over speculation.
Old 2011-09-09, 05:56   Link #13991
leukrota

It would be senseless to make a school for level 0's (and I don't see anyone here making that claim.)

I'm completely sure there's no maximum level restriction anywhere, only a minimum level one for those like Tokiwadai.

Anyway, I think the idea of Aogami being the 6th level 5 is popular cause it's really ridiculous, but also possible.

Last edited by leukrota; 2011-09-09 at 06:07.
Old 2011-09-09, 06:14   Link #13992
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Also, why would Touma want to call him before Mikoto? That was before he lost his memories, mind you. I think everyone just let him be as like that because his behavior would make people think: hey, he's still human like us!

There wouldn't be a school for level 0s simply because it wouldn't be worth allocating resources to them. The end of volume 22 proved it, which is why Skill-Outs don't go to school, which is why there aren't schools of only level 0s, because they would be the laughing stock of the whole of Academy City.
The schools in Academy City are competing like an arms race, so no one wants a school full of level 0 (and I suspect, maybe even 1/3)

@leukrota, the minimum for Tokiwadai is a level 3, not level 1
Old 2011-09-09, 06:27   Link #13993
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
@leukrota, the minimum for Tokiwadai is a level 3, not level 1
Oh, I know, when I said "one" I meant "restriction"... but I see how can it be misunderstood, my bad.
Old 2011-09-09, 06:38   Link #13994
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Feel weird if Academy city make a Lvl 0's school... no have benefits at all.
Old 2011-09-09, 06:45   Link #13995
Drifting Wolf

Quote:
Nothing, which is why you don't go back to the one for Level 0s.

This is fanon. As far as we know, Level 6 is impossible to achieve with the methods AC was using, and Kakine was also said to be capable of reaching it.

Nothing's wrong with it. I would just suspect all of his LEVEL 0 classmates would make a big deal about it. And if he's been with them for a while, then maybe not. Either way, I just refuse to buy the idea of Aogomi as the #6 Level 5.

There's so many fallacies with your arguments I don't know where to begin. According to official statements and by Tree Diagram, only Accelerator was projected to be able to reach Level 6. This is not fanon but already stated. Get your facts straight.

Second, Kakine was only a spare plan. Just because he's capable of 'Awakening' does not equate to him being able to reach SYSTEM. If not, they would have focused resources on him as well in order to reach Level 6. Why just on Accelerator? Because costs are too high?

There's a reason why Aleister all but ignored him for Accelerator.

I don't even think you understand how an Education system works.

There isn't a school just for Level 0's. Touma's school has Espers, it's been stated over and over again that there are Espers in Touma's school either by description or during Daihaseisai. Just because they don't demonstrate powers in your face does not equate Level 0. It's just that they don't have many people that are of a high Level and thus, does not receive as much funding compared to other schools.

Heck, Komoe-sensei's even stated that her specialization is teaching 'Pyrokinetics'. Obviously meaning... that there are pyrokinetics in the school for her to teach?

I'm pretty sure that Touma's school is pretty lax about Level 5's anyway Touma certainly didn't seem impressed by Level 5's and the majority of his classmates were even certain of victory against Tokiwadai, which has TWO Level 5's.

Besides, Aogami goes by an alias that everyone calls him by, is apparently good enough to dodge a continuous barrage of Esper attacks and was on the top of Touma's list to call after being attacked by Stiyl despite the fact that Misaka Mikoto called down a lightning bolt in his face just a day before. Is it no wonder why he's the fan favourite to be the hidden Level 5 that even the Board has trouble contacting?

Last edited by Drifting Wolf; 2011-09-09 at 06:57.
Old 2011-09-09, 06:55   Link #13996
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, Kuroi Hadou just said that his classmates are Level 0s, he never said his entire school was level 0 -_- What are you all playing at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Also, why would Touma want to call him before Mikoto? That was before he lost his memories, mind you. I think everyone just let him be as like that because his behavior would make people think: hey, he's still human like us!
Because he might just be a reliable friend? As oppose to a girl that's constantly attacking him?

Seriously people all these so called evidences are circumstantial at best.
Old 2011-09-09, 07:54   Link #13997
leukrota

The way I understand
Quote:
... all of his LEVEL 0 classmates would make a big deal about it.
is as "Those of level 0 among his classmates would make a big deal about it"

So I believe he's not even saying that all his classmates are level 0.

Quote:
... and the majority of his classmates were even certain of victory against Tokiwadai, which has TWO Level 5's.
I don't remember that at all... where was that said?
Old 2011-09-09, 08:03   Link #13998
Drifting Wolf

Just inferring from the fact that they did take on Tokiwadai without flinching the moment they decided to get dangerous. And they won. <.<

EDIT: Maybe we are looking too much into it but Kuroi Hadou did make some bold statements. He's/She's entitled to his opinion and we're entitled to ours. Who is he to decide for us what we want to believe in? Those posters believe Aogami is a Level 5? Let them be. Why bother arguing about something so ambiguous and giving reasons that can be shot down by people?

Sure, you don't believe he's a Level 5. Ok, fine. Just let the other people have their opinions.

I'll apologize for my attitude though. Bad day today.
Old 2011-09-09, 08:30   Link #13999
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Just inferring from the fact that they did take on Tokiwadai without flinching the moment they decided to get dangerous. And they won. <.<
Er, they never did take on Tokiwadai, that was another school that they fought.

Quote:
EDIT: Maybe we are looking too much into it but Kuroi Hadou did make some bold statements. He's/She's entitled to his opinion and we're entitled to ours. Who is he to decide for us what we want to believe in? Those posters believe Aogami is a Level 5? Let them be. Why bother arguing about something so ambiguous and giving reasons that can be shot down by people?

Sure, you don't believe he's a Level 5. Ok, fine. Just let the other people have their opinions.

I'll apologize for my attitude though. Bad day today.

You know how this works right? The problem with freedom is that while you're entitled to your opinion, other people are also entitled to their opinions about your opinions and vice verse.

The reason why I stepped in however, is that some of you seem to be misinterpreting what Kuroi Hadou had said and are acting on that misinterpretation.

I'm opened minded enough about the 'possibility' of Aogami, but I've yet seen any solid concrete proof that isn't circumstantial or can be explained with a simpler answer that isn't bias towards the idea.
Old 2011-09-09, 08:49   Link #14000
Drifting Wolf

Huh.

That's what happens when you read too much fanfiction. Blame Flere821!

Well, I felt that Kuroi Hadou was forcing his/her opinions on us and reacted accordingly without thinking. Bad day, I tell you. So I'll apologize in advance.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen