AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 00:59   Link #201
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

During the bon fire scene where Nori and Nazuna were dancing, I swear I saw Nori trying to kiss Nazuna.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 11:21   Link #202
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
I think part of it can be contributed to the fact that Mami and Nakayama do start to get a little bit more screen time in the manga (although I kinda wish that SHAFT had animated either those stories where at least one of those two have a more prominent role than Yuno and Miyako's fellow residents at the Hidamari Apartments or the one where
Spoiler for manga:
This would be interesting since I'm all up for more Mami screen time, but with the potential of Hiro and Sae's rushed graduation happening, it doesn't look like there'd be time for that. Unless they don't graduate in this season. And if the dog in the opening is Mami's then maybe they did animate that episode... maybe...
Old 2012-11-24, 11:26   Link #203
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

My god, Yoshinoya was so sexy in this ep. How can she still be single? Yes, she does a very... unique personality, but I'm sure that must appeal to some men. With her as your girlfriend, everyday would be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
During the bon fire scene where Nori and Nazuna were dancing, I swear I saw Nori trying to kiss Nazuna.
You're not the only one.

I think they tripped actually, but it REALLY looks like Nori attempted to kiss her. These two look so good together. They're not a married couple like Sae and Hiro yet, but they're getting there. Nori is perfect husbando material (loved the tie she worn).
Old 2012-11-24, 17:10   Link #204
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 08 almost gave me a heart attack thanks to Miyako, but I guess the festival is all good then!

BTW, I was wondering if Hiro Shimono voiced Romeo on that episode? His voice sound distinctly like him.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 19:57   Link #205
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
My god, Yoshinoya was so sexy in this ep. How can she still be single? Yes, she does a very... unique personality, but I'm sure that must appeal to some men. With her as your girlfriend, everyday would be fun!
She still lives with her parents and has a mental age lower then her students.She could have her picture in the dictionary beside the definition of high maintenance.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 22:05   Link #206
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
She still lives with her parents and has a mental age lower then her students.She could have her picture in the dictionary beside the definition of high maintenance.
There has got to be people out there who are alright with that and see it as attractive... (especially with her looks)
I'm not one though.
Old 2012-11-25, 08:35   Link #207
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Put down your yuri googles now and step away from them!
Old 2012-11-25, 08:41   Link #208
azerez

i instantly recognized that romeo is hiro shimono voice, keima-style voice :v

yuno is getting more adorable in each episode ~~ really love that yuno-miyako moments
azerez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 13:09   Link #209
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Sometimes I'm glad to not remember certain parts of the manga.
Spoiler for Last two episodes:

@Dextro
After all that has happened this season, I don't think anyone will be able to take off their yuri goggles ever again. And Nori was totally going for it.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 15:08   Link #210
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
After all that has happened this season, I don't think anyone will be able to take off their yuri goggles ever again. And Nori was totally going for it.
Honestly, I never took them off ever. Except when the old ones broke, and I feel a need to get a stronger pair.

What the hell is the landlady doing to Natsuna in that preview.

I also suspect Chika-chan will appear this season on the 10th episode which features the month of December some time around Christmas holiday just like the first season.

Last edited by teja208; 2012-11-25 at 15:52.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 11:09   Link #211
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 09 - The God in the Multicolored Wheel

Last episode was great for how it involved the whole school, but this one was great for the more intimate scale. Just the tenants, the landlady and an aural cameo from Chika. (There she is!) In a way, the nature of the board served as an impromptu clip show, just without any clips. The callback to Miyako's snow art in the first season was a nice touch, too. Even if these four seasons have only spanned a year, it feels like so much has changed in that time.

Miyako continues to impress. Her scale model of the apartments was god-tier, and her dreams of becoming Prime Minister speak for themselves. Prime Minister Nazuna was adorable, though. I did wonder if the game they were creating was going to be broken, and it sort of was, if an unemployed player like Nori could rise to victory, but every board game has its house rules. The continuing theme of "So what do you want to become?" played out nicely, only here it was thrust onto Nazuna instead of Yuno or Hiro. Lots of Landlady is also a treat.

Every episode this season has been in top form, stronger than ever, even. Sure, it may not be super popular with the Western fanbase, but it's finding new ways to explore its themes and generate that same heartwarming feeling with consistency and quality.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 12:06   Link #212
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Chika AND the landlady? Yes! My dreams came true. Even if Chika only was there in aural form I love Kugirie as Chika in this series. More landlady is always great since I don't think I'm getting my Sawashiro fix from anywhere else this season.

After a short hiatus, I recently marathoned episodes 5-8. Nothing much to say except that I enjoyed every episode and particularly the Arisawa one. Plus there was a lot of Kuwahara-sensei (well, at least in short succession) with her illegally sexy silver hair. Too good!

I should collect all the character/mid-scene cards in one folder.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 00:46   Link #213
DorkingtonPugsly

I enjoyed all the references back to the first two seasons. It was nice, but I still can't help but feel that pretty much every episode this season has left me with the impression that this is the final season, or at least so for Hiro and Sae. Makes me sad.
I also totally thought this episode was going to be a snowy one, but then it turned out to be just a dream, ah well, maybe next time...
Old 2012-12-01, 11:55   Link #214
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Lovely episode once again. I enjoyed the callbacks to the previous seasons. Miyako always has the best ideas, making a Hidamari themed game of life was genius. The game is a bit broken, but I'd totally play it.

It was nice to see the landlady and hear Chika again. I wish these two would appear more often, particularly the landlady. She always bring in something fun.
Old 2012-12-02, 15:01   Link #215
Dop
Mmmm....

Yeah, another great episode. I loved all the shout-outs to earlier episodes, but my favourite bit was still Miyako getting 'LOVE & PEACE" right in Yuno's dream.

(Originally way back in season 1 she'd done it as "LOVE & PIECE")
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 17:38   Link #216
Seihai
スマイリウム

The costume's not exactly my cup of tea but Yoshinoya-sensei never fails to amaze me even if she is reduced to a mid-scene card.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-07, 12:32   Link #217
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 10 - Poetry in Motion

Miyako owned this episode. Her poems and her cheer routine were both kinds of poetry, but their strengths lie in different areas. Only one of them requires audience participation. Hearing Yuno attempting her English again was great, and the studying montage really showed how well the girls in the various years get along. Nori's story about getting distracted from studying by the world of the Internet is something we can all relate to. Yoshinoya and the principal only had one or two scenes apiece this episode, but they still had an impact. Study Snowball fights do look like a lot of fun.

Chika only had a voice cameo last week, but it looks like she's going to be sticking around for an episode or two now. More of Sae and Hiro's graduation story, but Yuno mentioning that they still had "three months" until they graduated makes me think we may very well be in for a Hidamari Sketch season 5. I've never known an anime that made it that far, but Shaft clearly shows they've still got it, so I would not be opposed. Sae and Hiro's goals may be different and their schools may not be the same, but I don't think that can break up their marriage at this point.

The emotion's been getting stronger than ever in these last few episodes.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 16:44   Link #218
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
More of Sae and Hiro's graduation story, but Yuno mentioning that they still had "three months" until they graduated makes me think we may very well be in for a Hidamari Sketch season 5.
I don't know about that. After all, if a fifth season of the show is definite, then we'd probably would have seen a number of the summer stories that appear in the manga get an anime adaptation (rather than having most of the season focus on Sae and Hiro's impending graduation and how it affects the rest of the girls).
Old 2012-12-07, 17:02   Link #219
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
I don't know about that. After all, if a fifth season of the show is definite, then we'd probably would have seen a number of the summer stories that appear in the manga get an anime adaptation (rather than having most of the season focus on Sae and Hiro's impending graduation and how it affects the rest of the girls).
You may have to take into account of the special episodes that comes after the TV series which might cover some of that.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 20:21   Link #220
Marower

I do have a feeling where this season will end going by the different tone this season. However, if this season is 12 or 13 episodes like the other seasons, it feels like there will be a timeskip since right now we're still in December.

Almost makes me believe the season will be longer, but I seriously doubt that. Although I haven't seen any news about when it will end.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen