AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-11, 05:38   Link #4261
GVN.Chaos

New novel 'Eromanga-Sensei' in the upcoming December anyone?
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 10:27   Link #4262
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
-Snip-
Commentaries should never be taken literally.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 14:21   Link #4263
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Commentaries should never be taken literally.
In this case the animated commentaries did indeed forshadow events to come and displayed true characteristics of the characters involved. But that isn't really on topic here.
Old 2013-10-11, 16:19   Link #4264
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
In this case the animated commentaries did indeed forshadow events to come and displayed true characteristics of the characters involved. But that isn't really on topic here.
Exactly, it was like a view of the future today...
Old 2013-10-22, 02:17   Link #4265
iMACobra

Sorry guys if this had already been discussed about (it is an old article so I wouldn't know where to look) but I wanted to know what this was and if this had any importance to the actual story: http://seventhstyle.com/2013/04/20/o...t-is-revealed/
iMACobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 03:52   Link #4266
Kakurin
大佐

What do you mean? I don't think anything in that link is particularly surprising. It was well known that Kyousuke is a siscon and that Kirino loves him.
Old 2013-10-22, 05:34   Link #4267
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMACobra View Post
Sorry guys if this had already been discussed about (it is an old article so I wouldn't know where to look) but I wanted to know what this was and if this had any importance to the actual story: http://seventhstyle.com/2013/04/20/o...t-is-revealed/
What exactly are you trying to show? I meant, it's crystal clear now that Ky-Ki loved each other. If anything, even that link didn't answer how did Kirino's childish crush turned into that love.
PS : I know about the theory, but I still like a clear answer coming from the word of god
Old 2013-10-22, 11:01   Link #4268
iMACobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
What exactly are you trying to show? I meant, it's crystal clear now that Ky-Ki loved each other. If anything, even that link didn't answer how did Kirino's childish crush turned into that love.
PS : I know about the theory, but I still like a clear answer coming from the word of god
I was mostly asking what this was because it seemed to be really old and came way before the release of the last light novel volume and also before people could have actually known who Kyousuke was going to reveal who he loved at the end of volume 10 that kept people guessing. Sorry if it sounded like a stupid question.
iMACobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 21:50   Link #4269
Soverence

It seems we have gotten a rough outline of what the Oreimo author's next work will be:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...novel-outlined

Seems interesting actually, kind of like a Bakuman meets Oreimo sort of thing? Also just from the description alone, it seems the little sister is pretty bossy like some other little sister we all know all too well.

I feel like this should be posted somewhere else probably but I have no idea where so, here yeah go .
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 00:25   Link #4270
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Here's the thread for Ero Manga Sensei (the author's next work), for reference:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122828
Old 2013-11-12, 07:16   Link #4271
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Here's the thread for Ero Manga Sensei (the author's next work), for reference:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122828
Ah thanks, I couldn't find it when I was looking earlier
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 17:59   Link #4272
kentasaiba

Spoiler: The main-characters fall in love with each other.
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 08:02   Link #4273
QuantumCola

About episode 16

This might be late - like, really, really late, but if anyone was wondering what Manami was talking about in the fight about Kirino ruining her plan, here's her plan in full detail.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Really large photo
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-12-29 at 15:43.
QuantumCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 15:44   Link #4274
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumCola View Post
This might be late - like, really, really late, but if anyone was wondering what Manami was talking about in the fight about Kirino ruining her plan, here's her plan in full detail.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Really large photo
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Suffice it to say, as was said way back in the day, this summary (and other /a/ meme images) are way too biased to be taken seriously.
Old 2014-02-07, 03:35   Link #4275
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Okay, so I decided to FINALLY READ THE DAMNED LIGHT NOVEL SERIES.
Just in time for Valentine's day one week from now.

I don't think my body is ready.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 02:32   Link #4276
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Okay, I just finished the first volume and I felt like nothing much was different from the anime except for expanded dialog, the lack of need to change references to Starbucks and McDonald's, and Kuroneko actually talking to Kirino by the end of the volume.

The volume seems to be dwelling on the topic of "public image". We get Kirino, who makes an income in her gorgeous looks, and Kyousuke, who sacrificed his don't-give-a-damn image to help his younger sister for the first time. There's also Saori, who doesn't mind being called embarrassing names by her new friends.

For some reason, the volume reminds me of the struggle between the Takanashi siblings in Chuunibyou—you get Touka who has been struggling to raise Rikka, and her way to give her a good life is to drag her away from her chuunibyou. Eventually, Touka realizes that having chuunibyou (or being an otaku in Kirino's case), isn't that bad.

As I said, it's not that special at this point since it has just begun. Hopefully, when the differences between the LNs and the anime become more striking is the time that the story becomes more engaging.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2014-02-16, 10:12   Link #4277
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Okay, I just finished the first volume and I felt like nothing much was different from the anime except for expanded dialog, the lack of need to change references to Starbucks and McDonald's, and Kuroneko actually talking to Kirino by the end of the volume.

The volume seems to be dwelling on the topic of "public image". We get Kirino, who makes an income in her gorgeous looks, and Kyousuke, who sacrificed his don't-give-a-damn image to help his younger sister for the first time. There's also Saori, who doesn't mind being called embarrassing names by her new friends.

For some reason, the volume reminds me of the struggle between the Takanashi siblings in Chuunibyou—you get Touka who has been struggling to raise Rikka, and her way to give her a good life is to drag her away from her chuunibyou. Eventually, Touka realizes that having chuunibyou (or being an otaku in Kirino's case), isn't that bad.

As I said, it's not that special at this point since it has just begun. Hopefully, when the differences between the LNs and the anime become more striking is the time that the story becomes more engaging.
In my opinions, the different between volume 1 and anime was mostly about Kyousuke's part. For example, while he didn't really want to involve with Kirino, he is still care for her enough to still involve himself until he is sure Kirino success making otaku friend (at the end of chapter 2). This showed that despite his denseness, he is still a brother at heart.
Old 2014-02-21, 03:24   Link #4278
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm currently reading through the first two chapters of Volume 2, and well, Kyousuke's life during those chapters are rather unfortunate. First, he gets into an understanding with Kirino for Saori's sudden package, and second, he ends up hurting Manami's feelings due to a bad combination of factors. Here, Kirino appears to seek solace in him (making him play Siscali) and has tried helping in his problem with Manami.

Chapter 2 reveals some stuff about Manami's relationship with Kyousuke. Kyousuke's pretty much a dick to Manami, calling her names to the point of crying. :/ Fortunately to Kyousuke, all of Manami's attempts to avoid him were just a series of misunderstandings.

Old 2014-03-25, 09:41   Link #4279
Mystic_Vegetto

Anyone know what happened with the Ore no Kouhai Manga? Is that still going on or did it finish?
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 11:38   Link #4280
kentasaiba

Its finished since kuroneko was kicked away
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings