AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-18, 03:55   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Chobits question

Well, just finished the rest of the chobits series tonight (yeah, yeah. So I'm kinda slow getting to some of my archived series. I'm slowly working on getting caught up on all of them.) and I had a few questions.

1. Who were the two chobits droids that were going after Chii?? One of them (the female chobits) apparently was the protector for the other one (make chobits) who from my best guess is some kind of use mobile data bank for all persocons around the world. That much I gathered. But what specifically are they, because they didn't seem like just normal persocons, or even normal chobits. They said something about a mission to destroy chii. I'm confused.

2. Who's the "organization"?? I heard the talk about them and the scientists and the split between them. But apparently this "organization" is still going strong and has apparently some perty advanced hardware in its possession. (reference question #1)

3. What in heavens name was that power surge thing that Chii kept doing? Sheesh, she was eminating enough power to light up half of new york city!! Good grief.

4. Persocons. I noticed that they mentioned about various types of persocons, mobiles, regulars (human sized ones), and several in between. I also noticed that there was apparently several types of each class. Anyone know specifically what all of them where, or wasn't there enough info given on that?

5. Yumi-chan and the baker. I'm guessing that there's some perty big age difference between the two of them. Heck, he's darned near twice her height!!

6. Human persocons. Why do most of them seem so short? Or is it just certain ones that seem shorter than others?

Sorry, I'm so full of questions tonight. It just seems like even though they did answer a LOT of questions by the ending of the series, there was a lot they didn't answer. Can anyone answer these? Thanks.

(PS. Loved Chii-chan and yes, I may sound crazy, but I'd date her too. hehe. I guess I'm a geek like that.)
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 04:02   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Chobits is licensed already. Moving your thread over to DVD & Licensed forum.
Old 2004-02-18, 16:53   Link #3
7thMethuselah

Warning : This post contains heavy spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden

1. Who were the two chobits droids that were going after Chii?? One of them (the female chobits) apparently was the protector for the other one (make chobits) who from my best guess is some kind of use mobile data bank for all persocons around the world. That much I gathered. But what specifically are they, because they didn't seem like just normal persocons, or even normal chobits. They said something about a mission to destroy chii. I'm confused.
Spoiler:

Quote:
2. Who's the "organization"?? I heard the talk about them and the scientists and the split between them. But apparently this "organization" is still going strong and has apparently some perty advanced hardware in its possession. (reference question #1)
Spoiler:

Quote:
3. What in heavens name was that power surge thing that Chii kept doing? Sheesh, she was eminating enough power to light up half of new york city!! Good grief.
Spoiler:

Quote:
4. Persocons. I noticed that they mentioned about various types of persocons, mobiles, regulars (human sized ones), and several in between. I also noticed that there was apparently several types of each class. Anyone know specifically what all of them where, or wasn't there enough info given on that?
Spoiler:

Well I hope that answers your questions
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 18:46   Link #4
GipFace

Taken from Chapter 3 ... A PCN model has the serial number on its chest, and the NAC model has it between the legs. <_<
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-19, 19:27   Link #5
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace
Taken from Chapter 3 ... A PCN model has the serial number on its chest, and the NAC model has it between the legs. <_<
On the Chest?? Between the legs?? Good lord. They almost MAKE you want to be enchi with your Persocon.
Old 2004-02-19, 21:11   Link #6
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Warning : This post contains heavy spoilers

Spoiler:
I tried saying this before, but the forum crashed just as I was posting.
Actually that's only half right.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-20, 15:25   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Huh, that's kinda neat. It still amazes me how much power she packed. Yet she somehow ran out of power early in the series?? huh. She's gotta have one heck of a set of batteries on her.
Old 2004-02-22, 23:41   Link #8
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Just thought this thread should have a picture of Chii being about Chobits and all hehe.... so I figured my sig would do! ^^ This is all I have to offer now that everything has been clarified. Oh also, enjoy my link to a copy of "The town without people" under my sig!
CodeWordChobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 15:02   Link #9
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Chobits ending [spoilers]

Ok I just finished watching my friend's last dvd on chobits and I gotta say it was a very satisfying ending except on one aspect....what exactly was THE program and what did it do?

From what I've seen, it seems like the program gave all persocoms some kind of a human emotion factor. I got this idea when Dita all of a sudden blushed. One more thing was that all the persocoms seemed to get human-like eyes after the program was run. Maybe this was just me being ignorant and not noticing it before but I dont remember any of them having any human like eyes with the pupils and all.....so any ideas?
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 17:58   Link #10
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

the program was to make persocons just like humans, so that they wouldnt be replacing a human, in another human's heart...if you know what i mean...at least thats what i think
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 18:02   Link #11
7thMethuselah

this was discussed in this post allready, I think it explains your question
Old 2004-03-21, 23:15   Link #12
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

sorry when i did a search on chobits that thread didnt appear. My bad for making a copy thread.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 02:06   Link #13
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Clamp made a very philosophical ending on the chobits series
..maybe they didnt know how to really end the series
Overall good series

Last edited by Yamano667; 2004-03-22 at 02:38.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 15:43   Link #14
rob1out

Send a message via AIM to rob1out
Questions about chobits (spoils)

I just finished watching the whole chobits series with some questions that to me were un answered. I noticed that Hideki just found chii in the trash? Why was she there in the first place? It doesnt seem reasonable. And the only other thing was that Chii was supposed to run a program after she found the person that was only for her. What program was it? Was it ran? I kinda guessed that she ran a program that enable all the persocons to feel emotion because right after. Jima and that other persocon showed some what emotions so maybe thats the program chii ran.

Thats pretty much it, thanks
rob1out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 16:11   Link #15
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1out
I just finished watching the whole chobits series with some questions that to me were un answered. I noticed that Hideki just found chii in the trash? Why was she there in the first place? It doesnt seem reasonable. And the only other thing was that Chii was supposed to run a program after she found the person that was only for her. What program was it? Was it ran? I kinda guessed that she ran a program that enable all the persocons to feel emotion because right after. Jima and that other persocon showed some what emotions so maybe thats the program chii ran.

Thats pretty much it, thanks
I haven't watched the anime but I've finished reading the manga. I highly doubt the concept of the persocons feeling "emotions".. as it was explained in the manga, even Chii, the legendary "Chobit", cannot feel emotion. It is merely a series of complex programs and functions that simulate the 'emotion'.

Chobits is actually pretty tragic to me .. oh well. If you read the manga carefully, you'll find that Hideki accepts that Chii cannot truly "feel", and he says..

"That's alright. Because her heart is with me. I'll feel happy when she's happy, and sad when she's sad. Her heart is with me."

:|. It was an extremely romantic (read; not the romance-romantic, but the indulgent, dreamy romantic) view really, and I think it's derived from CLAMP since they wanted to make it a 'pure-love' scenario. Argh. I can't really bring myself to like the whole series because of certain philosophical issues.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 19:13   Link #16
wiebbe
Moeh?

Send a message via ICQ to wiebbe
The anime has (in my view ) the ending rob1out explained :P

i have heard it a couple of times, but the Chobits anime has a bit less explanation and story that the manga does have.

And i guess the emotion stuff isnt in the anime..
in the anime they kinda make you believe that the program chii runs, is a program that lets all persocoms have feelings.

They also never explained that floppy falling in like episode 1 from chii herself..
although i heard that it is explained in the manga..
wiebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 04:19   Link #17
ClancyDamon
クラシー デマン

Send a message via AIM to ClancyDamon
I don't remeber what the floppy was (though I'm positive it was explained, yes), but according to the manga, the reason that Chi was in the trash was because
Spoiler:

To really understand, you just have to read the manga. That's true to pretty much everything I've ever seen/read.
ClancyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 11:43   Link #18
7thMethuselah

I suggest you read this thread it deals with a few issues other readers encountered after watching the anime or reading the manga

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...hlight=chobits

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-07-03 at 13:45. Reason: typo's (as usual)
Old 2004-07-20, 08:43   Link #19
Kizo

Send a message via MSN to Kizo
Question Chobits - 24 or 26 eps?

I've just seen the Chobits serie, 24 eps.
But when I check sites like animenfo it says 26 eps.
Is that the TV version that got 2 more?

What does those two contain then?
And what eps are they?
Kizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 08:55   Link #20
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

26 episodes, 2 are recaps
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, science fiction, seinen