AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-05-08, 00:25   Link #4821
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Forum-related question: Can someone see if you've visited their profile if you're set to invisible? I ask cuz I sometimes see people I've visited come visit me after I visited them, but I can't see people who visit me if they're invisible.

NOTE: I'm always invisible
If you really want to be anonymous... just log out of Animesuki and then browse the profile. Close the page before logging back in.
Old 2011-05-08, 05:53   Link #4822
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If you really want to be anonymous... just log out of Animesuki and then browse the profile. Close the page before logging back in.
Profiles and users online are only visible for logged in users.
Old 2011-05-09, 04:07   Link #4823
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Given my brief testing with invisible mode to see if I still appeared on the "recent visitor" I'd say yes it does. As when I viewed someones profile as I still saw "Konakaga*" listed on their recent visitors; though I'd assume the * is only shown to me since I was on invisible.
Yes but I figure they would still see you because you visited them before when you were visible. But yeah, the * is there to show you visited while you were invisible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Profiles and users online are only visible for logged in users.
Depends on the privacy settings, some people can be seen by unregistered members, but very few opt for that.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 13:55   Link #4824
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

An odd question that's just been making wonder since I noticed this; is there some reason that so many anime related music CDs are coming out on exactly May 25th, this year? [Madoka OST, A Channel OP, Astarotte OP/ED, Steins;gate ED, Nichijou ED, KamiNomi II ED, and etc]

Like some business reason that makes it a good day to release a song or something?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 16:04   Link #4825
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
What happened to the rotating banners of Animesuki ? For a while now I've seen the same one and it doesn't seem to change no matter what i do.
Old 2011-05-09, 17:14   Link #4826
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
What happened to the rotating banners of Animesuki ? For a while now I've seen the same one and it doesn't seem to change no matter what i do.
Hmmm, which browser are you using? as on Firefox it seems to change properly and often, though on chrome it seemed to be changing a lot less often; which could be something to do with chrome or me not signing though.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 18:04   Link #4827
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

What Does it mean when something has "Character"?
Like I hear it all the time, this guitar has character, this voice has character, that dust pan has character? what does it mean?

I kind of have a jest of what it means, but what is the full meaning of it?
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 18:06   Link #4828
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Hmmm, which browser are you using? as on Firefox it seems to change properly and often, though on chrome it seemed to be changing a lot less often; which could be something to do with chrome or me not signing though.
I do have Internet Explorer and I, too don't see much rotation on the banner for now.
Old 2011-05-10, 07:24   Link #4829
Dist

I'm using Firefox .. I cleared my cookies recently and I think afterwards it didn't work though it may just be coincidence. The banner is always now the Higurashi one .. to spite me I suppose since I really hate that banner <.<
Old 2011-05-10, 08:46   Link #4830
Seitsuki
Onee!

We just recently learned about screening and stuff for a health lecture and a thought's been stuck in my head.. y'know for mammograms they have that machine where they basically sandwich someone's breasts between those two metal plates right? Well how do you do that if you're a DFC?? @_@ (although conversely, since you have less mammary tissue to begin with you're less likely to have the disease.. wait)
Old 2011-05-11, 13:33   Link #4831
Detective Muffin.
The Muffin Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
What Does it mean when something has "Character"?
Like I hear it all the time, this guitar has character, this voice has character, that dust pan has character? what does it mean?

I kind of have a jest of what it means, but what is the full meaning of it?
A character is a mixtures of qualities or/and features that distinguishes a person, group, or thing from another. Basically something that stands out.

Icons by brushbender on lj

Detective Muffin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 22:49   Link #4832
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I have become increasingly interested in the artwork of Zdzislaw Beksinski, and was wondering if anyone knows of similar artists. I enjoy the dark-toned, abstract/surreal genre.
Old 2011-05-11, 23:33   Link #4833
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
We just recently learned about screening and stuff for a health lecture and a thought's been stuck in my head.. y'know for mammograms they have that machine where they basically sandwich someone's breasts between those two metal plates right? Well how do you do that if you're a DFC?? @_@ (although conversely, since you have less mammary tissue to begin with you're less likely to have the disease.. wait)
Ultrasonography or BTS then, though I am sure doctors won't recommend that to DFCs (unless the doctor is male with a death wish). In fact, mammograms don't always work for torpedo tits too when the density of the flesh interferes with the X-ray's penetration.

BTS is still the most effective test to date for screening, it is in fact used in almost every medical diagnostic at the hospital (I love the doctor's face everytime I go for a blood test: "Why is your haemoglobin count so high? What did you eat?" ).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 05:00   Link #4834
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The current mammography recommendation is still once every two years after the age of fifty, or every two years after the onset of menopause. Mammography is still the best screening tool according to the American Cancer Society. UTZ isn't very good for fatty tissue.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 18:00   Link #4835
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
The rotation was evened out and slowed down over a period of about two months. However, that change settled on its current speed around the beginning of the year, so you shouldn't be seeing any change to the speed now. It should be changing at fairly a consistent rate (not every page refresh though).
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 03:53   Link #4836
Tiberium Wolf

SGU ended. Now what? No more space operas.
Old 2011-05-14, 05:25   Link #4837
Dist

If you own a physical copy of a game, is it illegal to download it off net ? I've been told that for example, downloading roms of DS games and such would be legal if you owned those games but wanted to play them on emulator on PC, but does that apply for console and PC games too ?

I'd download them anyway but the reason I ask is because I got banned on a certain forum for '' warez '' when I said on the thread that I dl'ed the game to test it out while my copy of the game is on the mail .. Which it is, it hasn't arrived yet but I've certainly bought it.
Old 2011-05-14, 12:54   Link #4838
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
If you own a physical copy of a game, is it illegal to download it off net ? I've been told that for example, downloading roms of DS games and such would be legal if you owned those games but wanted to play them on emulator on PC, but does that apply for console and PC games too ?

I'd download them anyway but the reason I ask is because I got banned on a certain forum for '' warez '' when I said on the thread that I dl'ed the game to test it out while my copy of the game is on the mail .. Which it is, it hasn't arrived yet but I've certainly bought it.
Depends per country but overall I don't think it is allowed.
In my country it is allowed to make back ups from your cd's etc. if you own them, same goes for software if you already own it.
But companies do not allow it overall.
Nintendo's view on it: http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 20:37   Link #4839
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I've been tring more often to read Light Novels recently, despite my inability to pay attention to large columns of words on a computer screen, and couldn't help but notice...

I realize Jap -> Eng translations don't always go well, but why do places like Baka-Tsuki neglect in editing these translations to something English readers can more easily understand? Every other sentence or so in Hidan no Aria, I find myself reading over thrice to understand exactly what's been said. There a reason for this? Time constraints? Boredom? Some sort of honor code?
Old 2011-05-15, 21:33   Link #4840
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

The game industry will tell you its illegal. However, "fair use" and "right of ownership" make the truth of that murky (in other words, the same game industry will try to avoid such a case ever actually getting to court to test the law - they'll try to pressure an out of court settlement).

Your problem is that you can *say* you own a legal copy of the game but there's no way for that forum to validate your statement. They're just protecting their asses. However, did you say *where* you'd gotten it? Or did you just say you had acquired it?

If they banned you for just *saying* you'd dl'd it, then I'd say they overstepped themselves and no loss move on.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious