AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-01-14, 01:29   Link #281
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Someone really should have told me not to watch this right before I go to bed. It gave me chills.
Old 2012-01-14, 02:49   Link #282
velderia
Former NEET.

Only saw the promotional video so far and kind of excited. Has a mild Silent Hill vibe to it.
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 05:27   Link #283
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scan:
Old 2012-01-14, 09:02   Link #284
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I can't put my finger on it but something about the way the heads are drawn in this show slightly bothers me. Either the heads are a tad too big or the bodies are a tad too small or narrow/thin... Except for Mei. She's the only person who looks okay most of the time for some reason.
Old 2012-01-14, 11:09   Link #285
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I can't put my finger on it but something about the way the heads are drawn in this show slightly bothers me. Either the heads are a tad too big or the bodies are a tad too small or narrow/thin... Except for Mei. She's the only person who looks okay most of the time for some reason.
I'd say it is not the whole heads, but something between foreheads and top heads, it looks a bit out of proportion. Not enough to bother me, anyways.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 14:24   Link #286
Meepy
stupid & obvious

Their bodies are really slim, though. But their (fore)heads bothered me as well, particularly in some scenes with focus on their profiles.

I don't watch horror much; in fact, I get spooked fairly easily. But I was interested enough to check this out.
I honestly can't remember too much even though I watched it just the other day. Unfortunately, I didn't get too creeped out. But I did get a sense of death (as in, it felt like everyone was dying in some way), which comes of as more depressing than spooky. To be honest, I was actually a little bored throughout. . . I wasn't on the edge of my seat, but I do have to say the elevator scene had me nervous since I thought something terrifying would happen. But nothing did. At least the dolls really creep me out, though -- except the shots were too random. I've always been afraid of certain dolls and puppets thanks to the Living Dummy lol. OTL ( The Muppets freak me out too, to be honest. )

At least I have no idea where this could go since I'm so not horror genre savvy. I'm sure it'll get really interesting later since mystery/horror stories tend to be a bit slow at the beginning, from my experience. I just wish this one was an exception.
Oh, and the art was nice. Dat scenery. : D

I can't remember whether or not they said Misaki was murdered or just. . . died. I'm pretty sure the details of her death were left vague, but I really can't recall. I personally think she committed suicide, though.

As for the OP, everyone complaining about it has had me thinking about it and what kind of song would be a better fit;;; It sounds typical ALI PROJECT, but I don't think it's too bad.
But now it's pretty much cemented in my head that a Waltz of Anomalies-esque song would be better. /shot.
Meepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 17:33   Link #287
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for scan:
Probably not gonna be that kind of show but I'm now totally shipping the twintails girl with the MC.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 21:40   Link #288
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
Someone really should have told me not to watch this right before I go to bed. It gave me chills.
Didn't someone reminded us not to watch this show at midnight?
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 21:47   Link #289
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Didn't someone reminded us not to watch this show at midnight?
I think that horror shows should be watched at midnight.
Old 2012-01-14, 23:39   Link #290
peachfuzz

the show need 24 episodes to develop the characters 12 Episodes is just Short. the Animation looks really Amazing with the OST fitting right in the Series
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 00:48   Link #291
Dr. Casey

Quote:
I'm the only person on the face of this planet that likes the OP, lmao. Guess I'm a diehard AliPro girl to the end. (Although I DO very much agree that it doesn't fit the show.)
Yeah, I love all the Ali Project songs I'm aware of ('Minute' from Marmalade Boy, the second Code Geass R2 ending theme, and this one). All their songs are just smothered in emotion and intensity... they all make pretty good angry music for me. I also share Kanon's confusion about just what year Misaki died... I'm guessing that the '26 years ago' refers to 1972, since that's in line with the original story, though Misaki's death being in 1986 would feel more haunting and mysterious and relatable somehow since that was around the time I was born. Ah well.

Great show so far, looking forward to the next episode.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 01:27   Link #292
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

After having re-watched the episode, I've actually changed my mind a little about the OP. The more I watch/listen to it, the more it kind of fits the show for me. Especially when I weigh it with the rest of the show's score that we've heard so far (in particular: the main theme song that plays at the beginning of the episode/during the next episode preview). The instruments do go together, even if the song is suited to something to more Victorian/gothic/baroque-esque.

Or it could just be that I'm liking the song even more now after multiple listens, so I'm trying to justify/defend it. XD *Shrugs*

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2012-01-15 at 01:41.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 05:31   Link #293
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The main problem for me is that I instantly think of Rozen Maiden when I hear the OP. OPs should give the show something unique, not make me think of something different.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 05:56   Link #294
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
After having re-watched the episode, I've actually changed my mind a little about the OP. The more I watch/listen to it, the more it kind of fits the show for me.
My only problem is with the first 20 seconds,I wish it would start slow like it is 20 seconds in and then just go on from there.
Old 2012-01-15, 11:41   Link #295
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think that horror shows should be watched at midnight.
I agree...even i watch it at 1.10am
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 15:23   Link #296
OkamiNoKaze

The show seems great, liked the eerie atmosphere, Twin tails girl, looks like Haruhi, with one of her first episode hair styles, I like some of Ali Project's stuff, but so far not this shows Opening song, for me it doesn't sound enough like a Rozen Maiden song
Old 2012-01-16, 12:40   Link #297
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

So, how many hours after airing does crunchyroll put up the new epsiodes?
Old 2012-01-16, 14:12   Link #298
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I was suspecting this in the previous episode but it's pretty obvious now that those dolls are being used for the curse or something, perhaps like voodoo. Misaki delivered a doll to whatever was in that hospital floor. Perhaps that's maintaining the curse as well.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 14:18   Link #299
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
The main problem for me is that I instantly think of Rozen Maiden when I hear the OP. OPs should give the show something unique, not make me think of something different.
Yeah, every time I hear it Rozen Maiden comes to mind first. Doesn't help all the doll focus in the series brings your mind back to that show anyways.

Guess I'll hold off on watching episode 2 until its late to make sure I won't be able to fall asleep .
Old 2012-01-16, 14:38   Link #300
konart

It's second episode and it's second time I catch myself thinking I wanna play with Mei's hair...

It's not that wrong, is it?

Tags
horror, seinen