AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 33 26.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 16.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-16, 00:06   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Guilty Crown, Episode 17.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-02-16, 11:51   Link #2
Marina2

This is the most "WTF" Guilty Crown ep. for me...

Spoiler for Ep.17:
Old 2012-02-16, 11:59   Link #3
Soji

^............
Spoiler for O_______O:
Old 2012-02-16, 12:08   Link #4
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

I saw this coming a mile away.

Spoiler for Episode 17:

This episode was glorious.
Old 2012-02-16, 12:19   Link #5
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^............
Spoiler for O_______O:
Spoiler for Inori:
Old 2012-02-16, 12:27   Link #6
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^............
Spoiler for O_______O:
Spoiler for Answer:

LOL....

EDIT: fixed something.
Old 2012-02-16, 12:29   Link #7
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
This is the most "WTF" Guilty Crown ep. for me...

Spoiler for Ep.17:
Spoiler for LMAO:
Old 2012-02-16, 12:42   Link #8
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for Inori:

Quote:
Spoiler for Answer:

LOL....

Thanks for the answer. both of you
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Spoiler for LMAO:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-02-16, 12:47   Link #9
nfsac

Spoiler for Question about Shu:
Old 2012-02-16, 12:47   Link #10
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Spoiler for Answer:

LOL....
Haven't seen it yet, but...

Spoiler for 17:
Old 2012-02-16, 13:06   Link #11
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Okay, I'll just get this out of the way. Yes, Arisa turns into an unlikeable slut this episode. To be fair, the change isn't really unbelievable, but really, I don't like how the show did the change and the result in only one episode. Now let's get to what I thought of the episode.

I don't know why the voids breaking is that much of a big deal, nor do I know why the characters have multiple personality disorder, but who cares? The show finally does what I wanted it to do...sort of. Take that Shu, you fucking piece of shit (apologies to people who like him)!

I was thinking of rating this episode 6/10 because I wasn't enjoying it very much due to Guilty Crown's autopilot, episodic nature and bad characters, but that ending was just awesome. Plus, it sort of developed naturally, so I'll bump it up a point.

And seriously, what was up with Arisa turning into a slut anyways?

Edit: Oh and according to the episode preview, yes, Inori is still alive. And yes, Shu lost his arm permanently. I wasn't keen on Gai coming back (or a clone of his or something), but it was worth it for doing what he did to Shu. And yes, I know he used a void he grabbed from another kid to chop Shu's arm off. This show just might save itself yet!

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-02-16, 13:07   Link #12
Marina2

@Freeter ,@nfsac

(I borrowed this picture from someone)

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...119/gc17-4.jpg
Old 2012-02-16, 13:14   Link #13
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Spoiler for Answer:

LOL....

Spoiler for reply:
Old 2012-02-16, 13:39   Link #14
Lumir

If it was as easy as cutting his arm off Gai should have done that from the start. He literally just took "the kings power" without hesitation.

And what a HOE the president is. Giving her body for information to start a coup that only ended up doing next to NOTHING.

Gai is obviously some kind of zombified version of himself, probably that crystal stuff being controlled like a robot as we saw his eye was completely full of shards.

Inori is slowly becoming shu's worst nightmare. They did say something about inori being a vessel or something for you know who.
Old 2012-02-16, 13:44   Link #15
Soji

Quote:
Inori is slowly becoming shu's worst nightmare. They did say something about inori being a vessel or something for you know who.
That depend maybe she will be his best ally?Then again we had to see how the next ep will play out. but I agree on what you say about Gai and Arisa.
Old 2012-02-16, 13:49   Link #16
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
If it was as easy as cutting his arm off Gai should have done that from the start. He literally just took "the kings power" without hesitation.
I don't think Gai could have done that from the beginning, because he still had some sentimental attachment to Shu because of their past.

Right now, I think Gai is just under the influence of the crystal like Mana, so his character has been corrupted.
Old 2012-02-16, 14:01   Link #17
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Wow, what an episode.

Not sure about anyone else, but I definately felt something when I saw what happened to Shu. It's irony really. After everything he had become, everything he had built up, the leadership, the void power, becoming heartless and watching people die before him, it was those very things that he worked hard to gain that caused the rebellion and caused Shu to lose his arm and powers.

The students were definately clueless. If not for Arisa and her...ways, they would never have pulled what they did to Shu off. The rumour that she started got them in a panicky mood, then she was pretty much using the higher up bodyguards of Shu to convince them to go along with the plan. Then she pretty much led them herself. In the end, it wasn't Yahiro using Shu, it was the whole school who used Shu, and then tossed him aside when they didn't need him anymore.

The thing is, if Arisa wasn't attacked by Inori, she wouldn't have been in the state she was in this episode, meaning that the probability of her becoming desperate and whoring herself out would have been less likely, which wouldnt have started the conversation with Yahiro, which wouldn't have led to him and Shu arguing and perhaps avoiding what did happen. So, in reality, it was pretty much Inori's fault for what happened this episode.

Wish there was more action, I didn't like the still shots of the students charging, couldn't they have just animated them running? Ah well, I did like the action with Shu and the scenes of students being killed.
Old 2012-02-16, 14:01   Link #18
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So just about everybody betrays Shu because of one episode of him losing to the Dark Side, which only happened because one of his closest friends died in his arms? Wow, I feel like I want to be one of those bad guy guards and mow these idiot, jackass kids down with a machinegun. Maybe come in close and shotgun the ones I really don't like, like Arisa......

He should just take Inori and run off somewhere. These @$$hats obviously don't want his help, despite them having been saved by him before, so why the hell should he care what happens to them?

Of course, then that wouldn't make him the hero. I'd bet this turns out to be the shock treatment he needs to pull out of the Dark Side and go back to being Shu the Hero, and not Shu the Dark Hero from last episode. Get himself another power, put Gai in his place, and show those idiots how they tried to screw over the good guy.

By the way, maybe I didn't pay enough attention to some parts (I couldn't stand the revolt against Shu), but where did Ayase and Tsugumi stand on this? Did they betray him too?
Old 2012-02-16, 14:05   Link #19
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The major problem is that Shu, from students perspective, is nothing but a tyrant who use them like pawns.
They obviously don't know the full picture of the situation, and whilst being autoritarian was a problem they could cope sort of, the fact they learned the hard way that Voids destruction basically spell doom for them is the last straw.
This truth implies a major issue: Shu is literally "playing" with their lives, since he can potentially "shield" himself with someone's void.

Of course, that doesn't mean they would survive regardless if that was true or not. But both points are basically a huge blow for their trust towards Shu: assuming Shu was like before, they would potentially be worried but can see his "care" for them. Inversely, the tyrant side alone would be "enough" if it is to get out of there. Combining both issues regarding Shu's position? No way for them to trust him.

That said, the issue with the whole betrayal is: why after going through the wall?
If it was such a dominant problem for them to be toyed with, there would be no way for them to take part of the plan, since they would basically throw themselves to the very thing they were scared of: used as tools and dying for the tyrant's sake.
You would rather expect them to stop the plan before they could die like cannon fodder and use another way to go through (like capturing Shu after he unleashed their voids or forcing him to go first with Inori).
Old 2012-02-16, 14:34   Link #20
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Eheheh Then Gai is now some sort of final Boss XD

Wanna see the epic duel when finally Gai die (really hate his character XD)

BTW The B-2 that are ready for Bombing Japan are another Trick against Gai and other?

They are in japan right NOW, then I can Think that Shuichiro use "BAD GAI" to neutralize Shu and plan to nuclearize both of them