AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-06, 02:39   Link #21
HasuMasu
*Artist

Oh damn, my country's blocked.
Old 2012-04-06, 04:00   Link #22
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Oh damn, my country's blocked.
Damn it!!

I forgot that Sentai's anime streaming site (theanimenetwork.com) is only available for those who reside in North America (both US and Canada)...

And not only that, it seems that you need to have an account and a subscription to watch Ep. 2 and on in English...

Only the first English episode is free for everyone to watch on that site.

Update:

Okay, after watching Ep. 2 in English... I'm still not seeing the voices matching with the characters. Sentai should've collaborated with Bang Zoom! Entertainment...

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2012-04-06 at 04:29.
Old 2012-04-14, 20:19   Link #23
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

Watched all 12 eps in english and i liked the voices of Ichika, Houki, Cecilia, Rin, Tabane, and Chifuyu, i thought they were well done, i didn't really like how they did Laura and Charl's voices. Laura sounded about 10 years older than she looked, and Charl at times sounded like she had an Irish or German accent combined with her french.

Last edited by dragonroots; 2012-04-18 at 06:21.
Old 2012-04-22, 08:00   Link #24
HasuMasu
*Artist

So I managed to finish the English dub, very good--the only disappointment I have is with Charlotte and Laura.

Ichika and Cecilia's voices were improved, I would say.
Old 2012-04-22, 08:17   Link #25
Eratas123

Where'd you find it?
Old 2012-04-25, 02:57   Link #26
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Where'd you find it?
probably bought it
Old 2012-04-26, 15:51   Link #27
Eratas123

Okay, Houki's english voice needs a lot of work. And why does it seem like the side characters get the best dubs? Maya, Ran, and Chifuyu sound the most fitting. Dan sounds way too old, though, along with Laura.

Side note - Charlotte still sounds masculine even after she's found out -_-

EDIT: Clarissa's VA is horrible!

Last edited by Eratas123; 2012-04-26 at 16:10.
Old 2012-04-26, 20:13   Link #28
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Watched the first 2 minutes of the first ep in English. GODDAMN, Ichika sounds pretty badass. Didn't think I'd ever say that.

edit1: Houki sounds hnngggggggggg

edit2: Cecilia sounds English as sheep. Good stuff.

edit3: Yamada sounds good. So does Chifuyu. And can't forget those 3 friends.

Overall, pretty decent.

Last edited by blakstealth; 2012-04-26 at 20:46.
Old 2012-04-27, 04:21   Link #29
DarkJak2050

Okay, I watched a bit of Ep. 5 (Charlotte's first appearance).

For Charlotte's English voice, I'm not really quite 'seeing' it. Maybe it's because she's disguised as a guy at first and it might change after her cover's blown. And I might be jumping the gun here, but perhaps Charlotte should've been done by Brina Palencia. That's if Charlotte's voice doesn't change after her cover's blown.

Another thing, I was so concerned about the main cast that I forgot about Dan and Ran. Dan's voice, I think he should've been done by Liam O'Brien.

Ran on the otherhand, near perfect fit. Having Ran done by Luci Chrisitan, I think it's good as it's going to get for her.

So far, the only voices I find fitting are Rin with Hilary Haag, and Ran with Luci Christian.

Now I got to listen to Laura's and Tabane's...
Old 2012-04-27, 07:07   Link #30
HasuMasu
*Artist

Ichika's voice in the English Dub upped the comedy by a factor of ten.
Old 2012-04-30, 04:20   Link #31
DarkJak2050

Alright, I finished watching the 5th English episode. Since I've already stated my thoughts about Charlotte, Dan and Ran's English voices in my last post, this one's for Laura.

I'll just say it's straight, Laura sounds too mature or deep with Tiffany Grant. It really doesn't fit her at all.

For what I'm mainly going to expect from Ep. 6 is for Charlotte's voice to change after her cover's blown. If it doesn't, then I'm probably going to make a list of voice actors who could've fit the characters better, other than Ran's. Rin may be on that list. Rin's English voice with Hilary Haag I like, but barely...
Old 2012-04-30, 08:52   Link #32
Eratas123

No, it doesn't change (At least to a noticeable degree). Watch episode 9 and listen to her talk.

Tabane sounds fitting, though. Like an annoying rabbit you wanna punch.
Old 2012-05-05, 06:12   Link #33
DarkJak2050

Okay, now that Ep. 6 is out of the way, yeah... Charlotte's voice didn't even change a bit. Brina Palencia would've been a better choice for her.

She did roles for both female and male characters. Here are some of the work she's done.

Bamboo Blade: Sayako Kuwahara (or "Saya" for short)

Baka and Test: Hideyoshi and Yuuko Kinoshita

Black Cat: Eve and Tearju Lunatique

Black Butler: Ciel and Rachel Phantomhive

Chrome Shelled Regios: Nina Antalk

Claymore: Priscilla

Okami-San and Her Seven Companions: Ryoko Okami

Summer Wars: Natsuki Shinohara

Suzuka: Honoka Sakurai

Listen to those roles while picturing Charlotte/Charles. As for the list of voice actors that could've fit the IS characters better, it's currently in the works...
Old 2012-06-02, 05:19   Link #34
DarkJak2050

Okay, I'd just finished watching Ep. 10 of the English dub, mainly for Tabane's voice. And as I expected, not a good match...

And truth be told, I think I'm done with the English dub. I'm not even sure if I should bother with the last 3 episodes (Ep. 11, 12 and the OVA). I've heard all the character's English voices and I have to say that the only ones I really found fitting are Rin with Hilary Haag and Ran with Luci Christian. And as for that list of voice actors, I think I got it "finalized".

But first, here's the actual English voice cast (reminder):

Ichika – Josh Grelle
Houki – Monica Rial
Charles/Charlotte – Shannon Emerick
Cecillia – Brittney Karbowski
Rin – Hilary Haag
Laura – Tiffany Grant
Chifuyu and Ran – Luci Christian
Yamada – Cynthia Martinez
Tabane – Allison Keith
Dan – Chris Ayres
Riko – Allison Sumrall
Nohohon – Monica Passley
Sayuka – Tiffany Terrell

Now here are the voice actors/actresses on my list who I think could've fit the IS characters better.
Spoiler for Male Roles:

Spoiler for Female Roles:

Don't get me wrong, the current English voice actors/actresses are great, I've heard them in better roles. But they've been severely miscast in IS. One example; Houki with Monica Rial.

Who would've thought that Monica Rial would fit Houki? Monica Rial normally does characters who have a high pitched tone. But when I looked at her work as Miria from Claymore and Jo from Burst Angel, I thought otherwise because those characters have deep voices that she surprisingly did well.

With that, I expected Monica Rial to do Houki's voice like she did with Miria from Claymore or Jo from Burst Angel. But unfortunately, she did not...
Old 2013-05-14, 05:17   Link #35
HasuMasu
*Artist

I just watch OVA dub recently, would love to hear Tatenashi dub...in like a year or so.
Old 2013-05-14, 15:40   Link #36
DarkJak2050

That's if Sentai Filmworks license it for North American release and plans to dub it if done so.
Old 2013-08-21, 01:54   Link #37
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I can agree that Clarissa doesn't sound right in the English version.

@Sentai not working with BZ

- Unless they go the way of Funi and work with other VA talents in LA, then they'll exclusively stick with their own talent pool. Not sure with Canadian VAs going to Texas like Scott, won't they need a visa to do that?

And speaking of which, Sasha Paysinger and Nancy Novotny are neglected VAs IMO.

@Charles and Laura

- I'm not surprised if Tiffany Grant was casted as Laura an actor allusion to her role as Asuka in the original and Rebuid versions. That and she can speak German. Though I'm sure that's gonna go to YMMV territory with German-speaking peeps from Germany (and maybe Switzerland).

I thought that I read somewhere that Shannon can speak French, which is the reason why she's casted as Charlotte/Charles.

@Brittney as Cecilia

- That's a first for me hearing her in a British role. Kudos for me there, even though others will probably will disagree with me there.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2013-11-02, 12:33   Link #38
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Just took a little time to watch IS dubbed.

Oh my gosh, Laura and Charlotte's voices are SO bad taht it's laughable!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-11-05, 15:08   Link #39
Mazryonh

It's nice to see that getting married hasn't diminished Chiwa Saitou's talents any. Did she mention the series in her blog yet? I wouldn't be surprised if she mentioned that she expressly forbade her new husband to see any of IS2, in case he get any ideas and ask for some of Sarashiki's "fanservice" for himself.
Old 2013-11-05, 19:19   Link #40
WinterSoldier

My dream dub cast for Season 2:

Tatenashi Sarashiki - Brina Palencia
Kanzashi Sarashiki - Meg McDonald
Madoka Orimura - Emily Neves
Closed Thread