AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-18, 16:06   Link #4081
ImperialFlameGod8190

heh your right my bad I got overzealous sorry archmage
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 17:17   Link #4082
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave_digger View Post
chapter 3 updated !!!!!! volume 8 is not side stories,it will tell the team when it's outside the battle and there will no battle occured ( maybe, i just guessing ),chapter 4 mainly about kamito date with with leonora ( this is what i waiting for )and chapter 5 is about training with greyworth. i think it's fine if you want to skip it to volume 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Since it's main story, I would suggest waiting for Vol.8 to finish before going to Vol.9.
But if you look through the pages, I'm sure there're plenty of spoilers for Vol.8, so if you read those and then Vol.9 you won't miss much.
I see, thank you. I'll wait then.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 18:42   Link #4083
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Claire lined up the cat dolls on the carpet and,

"I'll lend you this. It's my favorite cat......"

She pushed a red cat plushy onto the perplexed Rinslet.

"Nya---nya---♪"

"......"

"Nya---?"

"......Are you making fun of me?"

Rinslet threw aside the cat plushy
Wow Claire sure was cute back then
Old 2013-03-18, 18:59   Link #4084
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I wonder how the lives of Elementalists are like, I mean Claire and Rinselt freaked out with just holding hands of opposite sexes. They were 6 years old then and even grown up at age 16, they are still freaked out about it before meeting Kamito. Ellis was no different as well.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 19:39   Link #4085
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

I think it is because of they are ojousama. As noble women, they must attend the party of another nobles and has sheltered life. They didn't have any time to play with another kid as their time spend for studying to refine their status as noble women. Even though they meet with a boy at the party, it is just formality to associate them. And it become worse when they enter elementalist school where all girl get together.

I heard from someone that they start to associate with the boy of nobleman for the purpose of marriage when their age reach 23++ as that age their power start decreased. It's mean a political marriage and the couple hope that their children are girls for them to become new elementalist.

I see that Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance setting is much like Infinite Stratos and Duel Savior where women has higher status than men. Men can only become soldier or more become general as women can become knight an more "Number".
Old 2013-03-18, 19:44   Link #4086
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
I think it is because of they are ojousama. As noble women, they must attend the party of another nobles and has sheltered life. They didn't have any time to play with another kid as their time spend for studying to refine their status as noble women. Even though they meet with a boy at the party, it is just formality to associate them. And it become worse when they enter elementalist school where all girl get together.

I heard from someone that they start to associate with the boy of nobleman for the purpose of marriage when their age reach 23++ as that age their power start decreased. It's mean a political marriage and the couple hope that their children are girls for them to become new elementalist.

I see that Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance setting is much like Infinite Stratos and Duel Savior where women has higher status than men. Men can only become soldier or more become general as women can become knight an more "Number".
So, is there an explanation for the highly sexual content Novels they read? For girls who are shy to the extent of becoming squeamishness of holding hands, they already read some more "high quality" materials of relationship of opposite sexes. It feels like a paradox.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 20:11   Link #4087
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
So, is there an explanation for the highly sexual content Novels they read? For girls who are shy to the extent of becoming squeamishness of holding hands, they already read some more "high quality" materials of relationship of opposite sexes. It feels like a paradox.
It's common at noblewomen upbring that they must protect her chastity and told that all men are beast. Beast = dominating.

They are sexually frustrated!!
Old 2013-03-18, 20:47   Link #4088
shadow1296

Quote:
It's common at noblewomen upbring that they must protect her chastity and told that all men are beast. Beast = dominating.

They are sexually frustrated!!
no wonder Claire has those kinds of fantasies
Old 2013-03-18, 21:10   Link #4089
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
no wonder Claire has those kinds of fantasies
not just Clair just look at their dreams... if Scarlet has a say in it... its scarily perverted
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 06:29   Link #4090
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

Yet, the utmost positions of secular authority such as the King of Odessa as well as the leading commanders in charge of overall military affairs(Ellis' grandfather) are all men.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 07:33   Link #4091
backbone
Banned

If all the good positions are occupied by women, then what's left for men . . . ? It's not like men in this story capable of bearing child nor breastfeeding baby anyway . . .
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 07:54   Link #4092
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Yet, the utmost positions of secular authority such as the King of Odessa as well as the leading commanders in charge of overall military affairs(Ellis' grandfather) are all men.
Men has responsibility to bear the noble title as women in general cannot do it. So the men given a certain position at goverment like duke who rule over their teritory.
Women only given authority as the reward of their service to empire. Like when Scarlet tried to confiscated by goverment for being Elstein Spirit from Claire, Greyworth has enough authority to refuse the king order and make Claire elementalist at areshia academy. The king know that even at the empire, no! even continent that a lot of people consider Greyworth as hero from Ranball war and admire her. If the king make a wrong move to Greywoth, another rebellion will started.
Old 2013-03-19, 08:22   Link #4093
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Men has responsibility to bear the noble title as women in general cannot do it. So the men given a certain position at goverment like duke who rule over their teritory.
Women only given authority as the reward of their service to empire. Like when Scarlet tried to confiscated by goverment for being Elstein Spirit from Claire, Greyworth has enough authority to refuse the king order and make Claire elementalist at areshia academy. The king know that even at the empire, no! even continent that a lot of people consider Greyworth as hero from Ranball war and admire her. If the king make a wrong move to Greywoth, another rebellion will started.
Which means that society in STnBD isn't discriminatory to men as in I.S. nor do women in general have a higher status than them like you mentioned. In I.S., the word of a woman in a court has greater worth than that of a man. Men can easily get convicted for molesting a woman in that series just because a woman said so, without the requirement of further evidence.

And about Greyworth, I doubt a MAJOR rebelllion would start simply because he makes a move on Greyworth. There might be a small mutiny, but nothing more than that unless the king there's other acts of tyranny or failures on his behalf. A more likely scenario would be the King getting annoyed 24/7 by nobles asking for clemency on Greyworth's behalf, bombarded with petitions. A more serious consequence of removing Greyworth would be a stain on his reputation for punishing a subject who has rendered him an excellent service. A good number of nobles seems to respect her. For a monarch, their reputation is of utmost importance.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2013-03-19 at 08:39.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 08:28   Link #4094
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
If all the good positions are occupied by women, then what's left for men . . . ? It's not like men in this story capable of bearing child nor breastfeeding baby anyway . . .
Like IRL, a girl's magical powers are lost by the time she hit 30-40s.

Kidding a side, ladies are expect to be Moms after a certain age to pass their magical powers down.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 09:13   Link #4095
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Which means that society in STnBD isn't discriminatory to men as in I.S. nor do women in general have a higher status than them like you mentioned. In I.S., the word of a woman in a court has greater worth than that of a man. Men can easily get convicted for molesting a woman in that series just because a woman said so, without the requirement of further evidence.
I.S discrimination was in category worst ever or can consider the (women) as a bitch (refering to bitch women that rudely command Ichika when he and char goes to buy swimsuit).

What I mean is like this:
Men get position because of their parentage as noblemen. More useful they are, they will get more position at goverment. If they are useless, they still useful to marriage another elementalist. (Yare2x how useless that they can be! )(refering to the prince of Balstan and his attendants)

As women, just because being elementalist, they have privilege to become super soldier (like recruitment at vol, 1) than become common soldier like men. And if they contribute alot to empire like Greyworth, they will have enough authority with other noblemen. Even though women normaly below men and women never get noble status except from marriage and parentage.

So, if Kamito make a huge contribute, not just he will get authority, he also can become noblemen and start the Kazehaya Family state. Even though normally commoner that become noblemen start from the bottom class (refering to Saito of ZnT).

As Greyworth authority:
- Can make executor frightened and spare Scarlet and Claire for punishment from the king.
- Can access Elstein's forbiden library when the empire confiscate it and being off-limit.
- I heard that she also can move her student goes to war for insurance if Kamito and the other cannot stop Rubia.
- Recommended Kamito to participate in Blade Dance 3 years ago when the other must be recommended by the country.
- Being director of Areshia academy who state that the academy itself like a small country and the only elementalist school at huge empire make it the most important and strongest place.
Old 2013-03-19, 09:46   Link #4096
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I think we should never refer to IS on this thread. It is the only series so far that seriously offended me as a Japanese right wing fantasy LN.

Moving on.
Old 2013-03-19, 10:17   Link #4097
Fwarlord

About Kamito, I don't think he should become a nobleman. Technically, he can become something above all human. If Kamito can fully awake as the Darkness Spirit King, kill all other Spirit Kings and even absorb their power, he can become the god rule over the world.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 12:19   Link #4098
Yye1
Wide Right

@ArchmageXin IS is mecha, not fantasy and Ichika aside, its an interesting series

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 13:20   Link #4099
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
@ArchmageXin IS is mecha, not fantasy and Ichika aside, its an interesting series
It is a series where

-They blamed America for stealing "Japanese" Technology via Alaska treaty, rest of the worlds were meanies for stealing Japanese Tech.

- They blamed China/Korea (and assumed US) for launching 4000 missiles to destroy Japan for no good reason. (White Knight incident-which really torqued me on what the author thinks half of the time)

-Japan rocks, everyone else sucks. (That so-called inventor girl who need make everyone feel bad they are not Japanese, Japanese people get upgrades! you don't!)

After you sum all that, I couldn't help but completely dislike that series.

Compared to Campione, you could tell the author had a lot more personality and respect for other cultures and countries.

---Anyway----cease and desist. This is not IS thread.
Old 2013-03-19, 14:06   Link #4100
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
It is a series where

-They blamed America for stealing "Japanese" Technology via Alaska treaty, rest of the worlds were meanies for stealing Japanese Tech.

- They blamed China/Korea (and assumed US) for launching 4000 missiles to destroy Japan for no good reason. (White Knight incident-which really torqued me on what the author thinks half of the time)

-Japan rocks, everyone else sucks. (That so-called inventor girl who need make everyone feel bad they are not Japanese, Japanese people get upgrades! you don't!)

After you sum all that, I couldn't help but completely dislike that series.

Compared to Campione, you could tell the author had a lot more personality and respect for other cultures and countries.

---Anyway----cease and desist. This is not IS thread.
That is... well, more or less completely wrong.

Spoiler for IS response:

Back on topic, has the Seirei world actually mentioned any actual discrimination?

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap