Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-01, 19:46   Link #641
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm more curious to know how much material have they used up so far?
Quite a bit. The episode with Shantak-kun was from book 7, and we had some things from book 8 too. The most recent release is book 10 (with Athko), so unless they slow down a bit, not enough for another season yet.
Old 2013-07-03, 05:18   Link #642
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
HAHAHAHA! H Builder = AGE Builder. Never expected Gundam AGE reference to be made here. Only problem is that the model starts with MSG numbering system, RX instead.
The AGE Key appeared last season, complete with that narrator's phrase...
Old 2013-07-07, 03:41   Link #643
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
A sequel that's just as good as its predecessor, with neither improvements nor drops in quality. Everything that the first season had, gags, references, anticlimactic plots, it's all here. Therefore same score as before. 8/10
I have to agree. It is just consistent with the first season. Although, I doubt there would be a third season.
Old 2013-07-07, 03:47   Link #644
xizro345
King's Justice

I think the sequel instead was a let down. It's still funny and the characters are as usual, but it felt really spotty. While comedy drives these kind of shows, in this particular case it felt that no one really knew where to head the show, and that impacted the overall quality quite a bit IMO.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 04:26   Link #645
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I don't think the narrative was as strong in season 2, but the jokes were still top notch. Then again, it's probably because the body swap and beach arc episodes really worked to push things forward in the first season for that final dramatic push. Here, not so much. Kuuko gets a lot of development, but with everyone else already hnnnging for Mahiro, it felt lost in the crowd. There were also fewer zany trips to random places, and in particular I was hoping something would result from the comic girl from the earlier episodes.

In the end it felt like the narrative this season was that Mahiro's life just isn't as great when they're not around, and particularly Nyarko. In fact I almost felt horrible for her this season, because frankly there were a number of times where Mahiro was simply an asshole. Yeah, I get it, they're Lovecraftian Horrors.....but I really wanted to punch him sometimes. He really hasn't grown at all this season, unlike the rest of the cast. It's like he's still in the "girls have cooties" stage. Bleh.

Well, I definitely wouldn't mind a third season, but if this is all we get, I can't say it's been bad at all.
Old 2013-07-07, 08:44   Link #646
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I don't think the narrative was as strong in season 2, but the jokes were still top notch. Then again, it's probably because the body swap and beach arc episodes really worked to push things forward in the first season for that final dramatic push. Here, not so much. Kuuko gets a lot of development, but with everyone else already hnnnging for Mahiro, it felt lost in the crowd. There were also fewer zany trips to random places, and in particular I was hoping something would result from the comic girl from the earlier episodes.

In the end it felt like the narrative this season was that Mahiro's life just isn't as great when they're not around, and particularly Nyarko. In fact I almost felt horrible for her this season, because frankly there were a number of times where Mahiro was simply an asshole. Yeah, I get it, they're Lovecraftian Horrors.....but I really wanted to punch him sometimes. He really hasn't grown at all this season, unlike the rest of the cast. It's like he's still in the "girls have cooties" stage. Bleh.

Well, I definitely wouldn't mind a third season, but if this is all we get, I can't say it's been bad at all.
Calling Mahiro an asshole isn't really fair: His biggest reason for being put-off is that Nyarko is too damn aggressive, not that she's a cosmic horror; although I have no doubt its one of his complaints. I mean, there was one episode where Nyarko forced him into a locker and tried to kiss him with no obvious means for him to escape. I can tell you right now that had the genders been reversed people would be white knighting and calling Nyarko a rapist - Unless this is a shoujo, where guys seem to love forcefully kissing the female leads and the fans eat it up. But because she's a quirky and attractive female, Mahiro telling her to slow down and shove off is seen as him being reticent and immature :/

In either case, things would go better if Nyarko just slowed down rather than jumping through the hoops. It really doesn't help that her first reason for falling in love with him was "I saw your picture and thought you were just my type!". So even if she wasn't an Eldritch Abomination he'd be hesitant when she pulls of a reason like that.
Old 2013-07-07, 09:19   Link #647
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have no sympathy for Nyaruko whatsoever. The reason Mahiro pushes her away is because she forces herself on him practically 24/7 - not only would be be nicer to her if she wasn't annoying and pushy, he'd probably reciprocate her feelings openly. It's no coincidence that Mahiro is much nicer to Hastur and was much friendlier with Kukko this season, because they treat him the same way (this season anyway, in Kuuko's case).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 06:24   Link #648
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

season 2 is slightly better than season 1 because finally Kuuko decided to pursue Mahiro as well

well, we got lots of emotional Nyaruko's scene... and that's really add something in the anime

8/10
enjoyable....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 07:54   Link #649
Liddo-kun
is this so?

A little late in posting.. season 2 is a lot of fun for me. Espescially the episode with the gold ape.

And also in the last episode when
Spoiler:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 16:26   Link #650
marconii2002

Something is counted down at http://nyaruko.com/

Are we geting third season ?
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 23:25   Link #651
Miraluka
Banned

Or a movie, I wonder.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 00:32   Link #652
c933103
FTNR

3 days to go...that's Christmas Eve....might be something christmas themed?
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 11:30   Link #653
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe a X'mas special.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 23:14   Link #654
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

if there is someone i would feel sorry for that would be mahros classmate(err forgot her name )she like him but cant confess to him due to nyaruko
Old 2013-12-26, 19:17   Link #655
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

http://p.twipple.jp/kSpgF

Old 2014-03-29, 09:20   Link #656
AP24

I just found out that vol 12 of the novels which was released about 2 weeks ago was the final one. All of the anime together so far adapted vol 1-7 & 11. I hope there will be a third season that will adapt vol 8-10 & 12. Second season BD/DVD sales averaged about 4k per volume which should be enough for another season.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 09:59   Link #657
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Aw, so the novel ended? Makes me somewhat sad and curious. I've really got to figure out what is it that's stopping me from reading light novels

I hope Nyarko has a proper send-off animation wise. Even an OVA would be fine
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 05:16   Link #658
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

3 seasons. All good anime should be like this!!

(Also, I need more names for my Diablo 3 characters. Give me more huggables!!)
Old 2014-04-01, 17:48   Link #659
ghost013

Damn, it actually ended. Hope someone will spoil the ending.
ghost013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 13:13   Link #660
bastek66

Preview of OVA
NSFW
lewd
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
comedy, parody, sci-fi, seinen, trap