AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2014-06-20, 09:43   Link #4381
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Does anyone here know if rumors that Scaji is planning Suba Hibi's sequel are substantial?
Old 2014-06-22, 10:52   Link #4382
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

So I've been playing Sorahane's Harukakanata. And I NEED to rant a bit. That game is enormously poorly programmed and/or quality checked. Random crashes when using the skip option, new text overlaying the prior text (seems mostly during the beginning) and in one character route a terribad voice bug, where the voice line corresponds to the prior text dialogue thus lags always behind (e. g. former text: Thank you, currrent text: Take care on your way home, but voice acting says "Thank you"). Seems to be for only one character because the text + voice matches with other characters.

And the THREE patches changed nothing on these points . Apparently Sorahane used many small files instead of the usual big file packages/archieves to make the game run. Quite a lot ks.sqlite files. The JP community thinks the engine uses java or so.
Old 2014-07-04, 03:54   Link #4383
Zealty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Does anyone here know if rumors that Scaji is planning Suba Hibi's sequel are substantial?
Nope, they're just rumors in the end. I'm not sure if you're referring to Sakura no Uta/サクラノ詩 which has been in production and stalled for like 10 years (even before H2O), or are aware of that and simply speaking about an actual sequel. I may have been ignorant, but I never heard of anyone talk about a direct sequel to Subahibi...

Instead, it seems Sakura no Uta is something of a spiritual successor to Subahibi. Sca-ji originally wasn't working on it, and now that he is, it's become a sort of follow-up to Subahibi in consideration to the themes... as it has been so implied. Calling it an "anti-philosophical tale" regarding the themes used in accordance to the latter's philosophical variant.

You could take that to either mean that it's not going to be another Subahibi and just standard fare, or Sca-ji has something very intriguing up his sleeve (if so then I have a hunch as to what...). In any case, a direct sequel to Subahibi would honestly ruin it greatly, so just coming out with a "spiritual successor" is enough no matter what it's comprised of.

This seems to be the only thing he's working on at the moment.

Last edited by Zealty; 2014-07-04 at 05:18.
Zealty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 05:24   Link #4384
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealty View Post
Nope, they're just rumors in the end. I'm not sure if you're referring to Sakura no Uta/サクラノ詩 which has been in production and stalled for like 10 years (even before H2O), or are aware of that and simply speaking about an actual sequel. I may have been ignorant, but I never heard of anyone talk about a direct sequel to Subahibi...

Instead, it seems Sakura no Uta is something of a spiritual successor to Subahibi. Sca-ji originally wasn't working on it, and now that he is, it's become a sort of follow-up to Subahibi in consideration to the themes... as it has been so implied. Calling it an "anti-philosophical tale" regarding the themes used in accordance to the latter's philosophical variant.

You could take that to either mean that it's not going to be another Subahibi and just standard fare, or Sca-ji has something very intriguing up his sleeve (if so then I have a hunch as to what...). In any case, a direct sequel to Subahibi would honestly ruin it greatly, so just coming out with a "spiritual successor" is enough no matter what it's comprised of.

This seems to be the only thing he's working on at the moment.
I just saw some person mention it in an over 3 year old post.

Yes, I am aware of Sakura *ten years in the making* no Uta....I will be very pleased if it turns out to be another major rollercoaster mindfuck like Suba Hibi
Old 2014-07-10, 16:57   Link #4385
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

How long is friggin Rewrite's Common Route? I'm at Yoshino meeting Sakuya, am I near the end yet?
Old 2014-07-10, 17:20   Link #4386
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Just finished An's route in SakuSaku. My impression for the heroines overall is that they're cute. But An's route felt somehow...average. And since it's also the revelation route, there's not much mystery left to uncover in other routes. If there's anything else I'm looking forward to, it's if Hanako will play a larger role in Yuuri's route.

But overall, I can't help but think this is just gonna be an average experience. Perhaps Palette outdid themselves with Mashifoni?
Old 2014-07-11, 03:07   Link #4387
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Just finished An's route in SakuSaku. My impression for the heroines overall is that they're cute. But An's route felt somehow...average. And since it's also the revelation route, there's not much mystery left to uncover in other routes. If there's anything else I'm looking forward to, it's if Hanako will play a larger role in Yuuri's route.

But overall, I can't help but think this is just gonna be an average experience. Perhaps Palette outdid themselves with Mashifoni?
That'd be my impression, too. Given, I still haven't played much of SakuSaku (Aero's review "scared" me ), but based on their previous games, Mashiro-iro delivered the best *complete* reading experience (ignoring maybe Sakuno's route). HareTen, for example, had a - for me - really strong true route if you can look past how ridiculous or rather trivial? the drama cause between MC and Kanae had been, but the normal routes had partly annoying and/or prolongued drama, which dilluted the overall experience.
Old 2014-07-14, 07:08   Link #4388
Aer0gam3r

@Mahou
It's more of a rant than a review really ^^. Also, please don't let my little post scare you too much because I "may" have exaggerated how disappointing the game was. The current guy who's translating the game says that he would give the game 85/100, so there's clearly a large difference in opinions in regards to Sakusaku. Who knows? Maybe you'll be one of the one's who like the game =D

So I just finished most of the after stories in Reminiscence recollect, and they're are INSANELY...average. Instead of pure love comedy, they threw in drama in there. Very weird for "after stories". Not only that, I feel that there are some personality inconsistencies with some of the characters compared to the original game. Whatever, I'm heading to the main story now.
Old 2014-07-14, 07:55   Link #4389
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Ugh, I'm suddenly reminded about the irritating wait for Leyline's sequel.

Does anyone know any info why it's taking so long for the third game to come out?
Old 2014-07-14, 11:18   Link #4390
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aer0gam3r View Post
@Mahou
It's more of a rant than a review really ^^. Also, please don't let my little post scare you too much because I "may" have exaggerated how disappointing the game was. The current guy who's translating the game says that he would give the game 85/100, so there's clearly a large difference in opinions in regards to Sakusaku. Who knows? Maybe you'll be one of the one's who like the game =D
Haha, don't worry. I didn't play through much VNs (or routes) lately so that adds to my (lazy) reasons. I'm already into Mio's route, of whom I had already decided to try first, but I'm ready to expect *everything*
Old 2014-07-14, 22:27   Link #4391
TheCuriousFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
How long is friggin Rewrite's Common Route? I'm at Yoshino meeting Sakuya, am I near the end yet?
You're nearing the end but you've still got a few days to go before you hit a character path.
TheCuriousFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 08:39   Link #4392
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i just found out about this game on Kotaku called Sakura Spirit.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-07-16, 15:57   Link #4393
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I played Yuuri's route. It has a build up to what could've been an amazing and emotional ending but for some reason they get cheap and cop out at the end. You'll see what I mean.
Old 2014-07-17, 03:12   Link #4394
Aer0gam3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Haha, don't worry. I didn't play through much VNs (or routes) lately so that adds to my (lazy) reasons. I'm already into Mio's route, of whom I had already decided to try first, but I'm ready to expect *everything*
LOL, if you read my whole post, it means you spoiled yourself quite a bit =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
I played Yuuri's route. It has a build up to what could've been an amazing and emotional ending but for some reason they get cheap and cop out at the end. You'll see what I mean.
Agreed. Loved the route until that crappy ending.
Old 2014-07-17, 05:24   Link #4395
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Yeah, it's almost like the writers wrote this awesome setup and then realized they can't come up with a climax to match it. It also feels as if they just plain ran out of time.

On a small side note, Koisaku's sub heroines are such great fandisk material. I actually liked Hanako much more than Yuuri, and I'd love to see a route involving Aoi, the mom.

EDIT: Romance comedies as of late have been pretty less than stellar. Actually good ones I can think of are maybe Maki and Rena's routes in Tsujidou, and dunno, perhaps Yogiri's route in Pure Girl. Does anyone know any rom-coms that have been really great?
Old 2014-07-17, 07:31   Link #4396
Aer0gam3r

Quote:
Yeah, it's almost like the writers wrote this awesome setup and then realized they can't come up with a climax to match it. It also feels as if they just plain ran out of time.

On a small side note, Koisaku's sub heroines are such great fandisk material. I actually liked Hanako much more than Yuuri, and I'd love to see a route involving Aoi, the mom.

EDIT: Romance comedies as of late have been pretty less than stellar. Actually good ones I can think of are maybe Maki and Rena's routes in Tsujidou, and dunno, perhaps Yogiri's route in Pure Girl. Does anyone know any rom-coms that have been really great?
I feel that Yuuri's crappy ending was due to Palette's efforts to make her route more consistent with the other routes. Since the other routes incorporated Tina and/or death gods in some way, they probably felt "compelled" to add in one of those elements.

Would love a fan disk, but I can't help but feel that they're aiming to reboot it to psp vita, and add extra routes to THAT. That's what they did with Mashiro Iro Symphony, and it's what a lot of other companies do as well >____>.

As for romance comedy games, have you tried Hikoukigumo no Mukougawa?
Old 2014-07-17, 11:17   Link #4397
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Personally, I enjoyed: Fureraba quite much. Given, I completed only Rina's route, but it was *awwwww*. The interaction between MC and Yuzu was really funny.
Lovesick Puppies was quite adorable, although I really thought it had to do something with puppies (as matchmakers) *lol*.

PeaSofts KoixKoi Infinity had a nice true route. Sakura Mao Otome no Rondo is pretty much drama free (with one exception which was done quite fine) and for people neutral to trap MCs, as myself, enjoyable enough.

Golden Marriage seems to be quite splendid. It's confession scenes are not top notch, but the MC is very nice, the female cast cute. Only Marika's route was waaaaaaaaay to short to be considered as a route. Again, some routes may contain more drama than other ones based on the CGs.

Witch's Garden was awesome, but not 100% love-comedy. Happiness Emotion, however, is varying. The character interaction the closer the confession approaches is lovely.

As for Hikoukigumo no Mukougawa? Ahem, I LOVED Risa's extra route. WAY too short
The common route gave off creepy vibes as I expected something completely different, but have forgotten what it was . Lovely OST, though!
Old 2014-07-28, 03:19   Link #4398
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Playing the Change game from Maybe-soft. Rumia's route was okay. It was kind of okay in Ui's route as well. Sakura's, it was pretty questionable at the start but it was kind of okay in the end. But I can no longer ignore it in Kana's route.

The protagonist of this game is just EVIL, well into full-blown criminal territory. Just think about what he's doing: he's basically doing the equivalent of full-on drugging them into unconsciousness while he takes over their bodies and sexually molests them. He even

Spoiler:

The game tries to cover it up as a fun, body-changing fetish game, but that only truly works when the other party is awake and in control of the other body as well. Here the protagonist has no moral excuse, and is committing the worst form of rape by fully rendering the victims unaware and unable to do anything to prevent the violations from happening.

No game has left this much of a bitter taste for me, at least in recent years. I've played dark rape and NTR stuff, but this is just taking the violation to a fundamentally whole new level, and passing it off as fun. The protagonist doesn't even, for once, realize that he's committing a total violation of the girls he's sexually assaulting after taking over their bodies. Just insane.
Old 2014-07-28, 03:31   Link #4399
oompa loompa

played my first two VN's (watched umineko and higurashi so that doesn't count) : Saya no Uta, and Swan Song. Both masterpieces, with the former right up there with the best of any story telling medium, can't comment on the H-scenes, were simply too fucked up in context to go through in both cases. Swan Song was good, but I felt bitter and unsatisfied at the end because the two least likeable characters, not to mention the worst developed, win*. On the other hand, for saya no uta, despite how horrific and sad the endings are, were much more satistfying. Can anyone recommend me some in the same vein, that are preferably not too long, with minimal choices/routes?

*either win, or survive till the end

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2014-07-28 at 03:44.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 14:53   Link #4400
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Trial for Yakimochi Stream went up.

(2 minutes in)

CRAZY BROCON IMOUTO INBOUND!!!

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel