AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-02, 17:29   Link #61
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Ah. I generally play for the entire package, but if the Pokemon are interesting, the rest of the game just kind of follows along. The reason I didn't like Black/White is because the entire time, I was lugging around 6 Pokemon I didn't care for (didn't even find any I wanted to catch), and with all of the battles that occur in that game, it got insanely stale. It would be like if you had to take your cousin to the carnival, but none of the attractions looked interesting to you. Sure, you'll still love the atmosphere because it's a carnival, but that's all you get in the end. That's kind of how I felt when I played it, don't know for others.

Oh, and triple battles? REALLY hated that. What's next? Quad battle? 5 on 5s? Why not just throw all your Pokemon out at once, and whoever uses the attacks that completely destroys the other team first wins. One on one battles allowed you to fully strategize, and doubles wasn't bad either, but this felt a little ridiculous.
I can see what you're getting... D/P/Pt wasn't that bad considering that there is still some old Pokemon that can also be found and caught. The problem with Generation V is that they ditched that and decide to make 156 new Pokemon with no way to catch old pokemon until you beat the game. Kind of suck since there were only a handful that I really liked and the rest is meh or doesn't look good. Since I have beaten Pokemon White, I hope I can trade some eggs early in the game so I can have some old Pokemon, even though they won't show up in the Pokedex until later.

Triple battles are ridiculous... I never done one myself since I prefer singles and that it requires even more strategy than before. Still, Rotation battles aren't that bad since you can easily change Pokemon without calling it out and still works like a Single battle.
Old 2012-03-02, 19:23   Link #62
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
The problem with Generation V is that they ditched that and decide to make 156 new Pokemon with no way to catch old pokemon until you beat the game.
That's kind of funny, since that was one of the only things I really loved about B/W. As a completionist, I absolutely hate how the Pokedex is essentially uncompleteable, especially when your 'primary mission' in all the games is to "complete the Pokedex".

I'd kill for a game that doesn't allow you to transfer in Pokemon from previous entries in the series. Imagine it: a game with only the 200-odd best Pokemon, where finishing the bloody Dex is actually within the bounds of possibility.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 20:02   Link #63
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, keeping it concise is actually my preference as well, but the B/W Pokemon were so boring. First gen seemed like a great amount, and Second gen was nice because it basically added a new game and allowed you to play within the first one, bringing it back with updates.
Old 2012-03-02, 20:24   Link #64
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That's kind of funny, since that was one of the only things I really loved about B/W.
I liked it too. It was a refreshing experience to only see new Pokemon for most of the game. Plus later in the game it made me want to see the old Pokemon again, which I was subsequently rewarded for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
especially when your 'primary mission' in all the games is to "complete the Pokedex".
For me, Pokemon isn't really about "catching 'em all", but it's about the adventures, the vast colorful world, the challenges, the often exciting battles, and experiencing all that with the Pokemon you like. So it's basically "catch all the ones you like and make the best out of them" for me.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 20:34   Link #65
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
For me, Pokemon isn't really about "catching 'em all", but it's about the adventures, the vast colorful world, the challenges, the often exciting battles, and experiencing all that with the Pokemon you like. So it's basically "catch all the ones you like and make the best out of them" for me.
Yeah, but every game, the Professor tells you to complete the Pokedex. This is impossible.

It's kind of insulting.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 08:37   Link #66
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Last December holiday, I spent an hour for a few days on gamefaqs trading pokemon.

The result was 95% pokedex completion on my Black version, only legendaries I do not have are the Rejis.

It is extremely simple to complete your pokedex if you just ask and offer online.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 08:42   Link #67
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Last December holiday, I spent an hour for a few days on gamefaqs trading pokemon.

The result was 95% pokedex completion on my Black version, only legendaries I do not have are the Rejis.

It is extremely simple to complete your pokedex if you just ask and offer online.
It's easy on Black/White, but remember when the only option to trade was with that big bulky purple link cable? Man, those were the good days.
Old 2012-03-03, 10:35   Link #68
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Just curious here- was Charizard considered to be a Flying type of sorts in the first generation? I recall them adding types to Pokemon as generations went on, like to Magnemite for example.
Yes, I believe he was Fire/Flying in Gen I. Most types added later were just Steel, I believe.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 18:58   Link #69
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yes, I believe he was Fire/Flying in Gen I. Most types added later were just Steel, I believe.
Red and Blue pikachi uses Thunderbolt ok normal damage i played Yellow omfg my best pokemon died to a pikachu
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 22:53   Link #70
Who

Quote:
That's correct, but Magnemite and Magneton were the only ones to have received the type addition.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 19:25   Link #71

Will we get the same starter pokemon or a new three? I wish they pull of pokemon yellow style where we can get all three of them.
555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 23:08   Link #72
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Well a couple of things have been confirmed.

Quote:
By Serebii.net

First, the game is set in Unova and shows the new trainers and the rival. The game is set 2 years latr than in BW and features Unova being partially frozen. The Unova Pokédex has 300 Pokémon within it. There are various new areas in Unova including Hiougi City, where you begin your journey. There are other areas which has a gym leader who focuses upon Poison; Homiga. Another gym leader is Shizui, the Water-type leader. The trainer with the spiky hair is the rival
Hiougi City has a Pokémon Centre and a Trainer School and areas where you can look upon the areas. There are shops, underwater tunnels with clear glass (mantines flowing overhead), building with blue and red statues.
That's all the information these scans provide.
It has also been confirmed that Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock and that White Kyurem knows the move Ice Burn.
Within the new Unova Pokédex, which contains a combination of old and new Pokémon, Psyduck is #026, Riolu is #033 and Metagross is #254.
More importantly, we have new hipster protags, new gym leaders and a cool looking rival

Spoiler for size:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 00:41   Link #73
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I don't like the male MC's Exeggutor hair.

The female MC is a total cutie though. I'd enter her Pokeball and use Water Gun, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, this is a near-definite purchase for me, being the Pokemon RPG crony that I am.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 02:03   Link #74
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I don't like the male MC's Exeggutor hair.

The female MC is a total cutie though. I'd enter her Pokeball and use Water Gun, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, this is a near-definite purchase for me, being the Pokemon RPG crony that I am.
Both MC's hairs need reworking, IMO. Female's just screams out "HI, I'M PRINCESS LEIA, HOPEFULLY YOU'RE NOT MY LONG LOST TWIN BROTHER".
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 08:26   Link #75
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Both MC's hairs need reworking, IMO. Female's just screams out "HI, I'M PRINCESS LEIA, HOPEFULLY YOU'RE NOT MY LONG LOST TWIN BROTHER".
More like "In the name of the Moon..."
Old 2012-04-12, 10:09   Link #76
Vena
Carpe Diem

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with whoever designed the male MC's hair? Red (R/B) and Herbert (B/W) looked the most normal but even the others weren't as ridiculous as this kid and his wonky hair. Just give him a skirt and he'd probably passed just fine as the female MC... he even looks a bit like Hilda.
Old 2012-04-12, 10:33   Link #77
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Well a couple of things have been confirmed.

More importantly, we have new hipster protags, new gym leaders and a cool looking rival

Spoiler for size:
As long as I can have a psyduck in my team I'm Happy man.

I'm a fan of the exaggerated hair do's and liking the idea that they will be two new games based in the future rather than 1 with a few changes here and there but damn GF know how to get our money of our pockets & wallets....hmmm pokemon...pokemoney...coincidence?
Old 2012-04-12, 10:40   Link #78
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Mhm, the new rival looks better than male MC. I'll choose the female MC in that case without a doubt. Now a new set of starters would be the icing on the cake (I'm afraid to even mention something else than fire/fighting this time x_x), but I'm somewhat doubting it's a squel in the same region D:.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 10:54   Link #79
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Now a new set of starters would be the icing on the cake (I'm afraid to even mention something else than fire/fighting this time x_x), but I'm somewhat doubting it's a squel in the same region D:.
Just to troll everyone, they'll make a Fighting/Flying/Rock starter trio. The fighting will gain fire as its dual-type. Fans will rage.
Old 2012-04-12, 11:16   Link #80
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Just to troll everyone, they'll make a Fighting/Flying/Rock starter trio. The fighting will gain fire as its dual-type. Fans will rage.
Starters are usually average...

Rock type being average?

Aside from Rhyperion, is any rock type even remotely used in online-play?

Tags
pokemon black and white