AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-07-21, 16:04   Link #3061
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Doing it every odd days or not won't change anything you know.

You should put priority into having appropriate levels and planes since ressources is hardly an issue now.
Old 2014-07-21, 16:10   Link #3062
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Burning through 3000 baux makes me feel that it's actually not a horrid deal to train up yet another soryuu. Egusa 99 for the price of 10k baux in 3-2 grind (600 battles, flag, 15 baux per sortie, no MVP) isn't bad when you consider how much you spend on average for a Reppu.

I'd be so tempted to train up a CV to kai2 if I can get a fighter that's equal to Reppu from it.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 16:15   Link #3063
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Training another Souryuu require a lot of time, along with major other expense there.
And time is hardly not something we have plenty, considering the event will start early august.

To begin with, I see no point of having yet another Egusa (which is just a little better than Suisei 12), whereas your major issue is the absurd lack of Reppu.
Considering how Spring E5 is strict in term of fighter power requirement, I don't see how it wouldn't be worse for summer, especially when the devs themselves suggest people to have aircrafts.
Old 2014-07-21, 18:02   Link #3064
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It's just outright annoying to see stuff that takes days to accumulate getting blew out to nothing. I do plan to stuff the other CV with shiden kai2 (11x) while only using the Reppu for the biggest slots, but losing out on 20 air superiority from that +1 difference does hurt.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-07-21, 18:05   Link #3065
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

If you aren't using these ressources, for what purpose are you going to use them?
Seriously, it defeats the purpose of stockpiling, if you aren't using them for what they are.

Crafting only when you are doing dailies is just a misplaced placebo effect, because you have a similar low chance to have a good equipement/ship regardless if you do several craft in a row or not.

Finally, if the devs are being strict with the fighter power requirement, a shiden kai2 instead of a reppu can be the difference between air superiority and air supremacy or air parity and air superiority. Since you can't control how much planes you are losing on a single run, stacking every point is necessary.
And I believe people know full well that a single difference in air state can change dramatically the damage and bauxite consumption you will have for that given node. Hell, that one point can actually contribute to suppress every enemy planes, which shut down completely enemy carrier damage.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-07-22 at 07:16. Reason: typo
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 07:31   Link #3066
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Blew through my DevMats again, te-hee.

Went from 147 Devmats to 75 devmats, because I was trying to get Type 3 ammo and big guns for my non-carriers, and boy, did it become harder to get them? Not only that, but I got literal runs that had nothing but 15.2 cm guns straight. o_O

I stopped at 100 Devmats, then focused on big guns. The real big hauls are 3 46 cms, and a pair of 41 cms. Add to this 2 Sanshiki and 4 AP ammo, then I suppose it's okay.

Still worth it, but I kind of killed my Ammo again. XD Oh well, wasn't much into hoarding anyway.

re Hoarding: I'm not a compulsive hoarder. At the best of times I barely hit the limit of my resource regen. Though there are times that I do wish that I want to have resources to spam LSC straight (believe it or not, streaks do happen, as evidenced by my getting 15.2 cms consecutively during this latest binge), I also don't see the point to just having resources sit there, and yet not USE them for anything.

I'm sure Klash is annoyed at compulsive hoarders like, say, Kuutenko or Fencedude, the former of whom infamously was ABOVE the max resource limit before Kadokawa put the resource cap a few updates ago. The former is an extreme case too: she doesn't do LSC, barely does development, has a "I'll wait until so and so ship is available for drops instead" attitude, and openly belittles people who do try their chances at LSC.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-07-22 at 07:51.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 08:34   Link #3067
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I am pretty bad when it comes to hoarding mentality. I just love selling junk to NPC in Skyrim for example... leveling be damned. I did the same in MMO such as Lineage 2 as well. Like any obsessive hoarder, I got a few Kinugasa sitting around with spare Ooi/KTKM because I have been planning to farm some gears, yet the Kai2s have shifted my priority away from doing this. Hehe.

It has taken me these two months to get Cardiv1 and Cardiv2 to Lvl78 all. My BBs (Nagato and Yamatos) are all at 70+, all fast BBs 75+. I have 4x CA and 2x CAV in their 70s to count on by now, and there's Sendai kai2s with Isuzu kai2 for real CL needs.

Edit: Yes, I have a spare Kaga, Soryuu and Hiryuu... still untouched.

Old 2014-07-22, 11:29   Link #3068
Kakurin
大佐

Is someone here who uses the API method on Firefox? Tested it for the first time. While it's nice not being dependent on the speed of the VPN connection, Firefox does stretch the game screen over the entire browser window. So, is there a way to keep the game screen at the original size while going with the API method, or is this just the drawback that one has to live with while using the API method?
Old 2014-07-22, 11:31   Link #3069
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You can always use flash projector for this. For a more convenient window, use Kancolle Viewer.
Old 2014-07-22, 12:44   Link #3070
Kakurin
大佐

Thanks, the Kancolle Viewer is really useful. And even though it's IE based the interface itself doesn't remind me so much of the IE I detest.
Old 2014-07-22, 14:24   Link #3071
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So can anyone give me a crash course on what is Kancolle Viewer and its benefit?

Still using API on Chrome
Old 2014-07-22, 14:27   Link #3072
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Kancolle viewer is basically a custom browser which intercept information of the game and translate it as readable information in its own interface.
It gives a complete rundown of your Kanmusu morale, fuel, ammo, experience, equipements. It also can display a full list of your kanmusu and equipements, which can be sorted. It also monitor the timer of your repairs and constructions.

It is quite handy since you have a direct view of the state of your fleet and anything that runs in the background.
Old 2014-07-22, 14:38   Link #3073
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Kancolle viewer is basically a custom browser which intercept information of the game and translate it as readable information in its own interface.
It gives a complete rundown of your Kanmusu morale, fuel, ammo, experience, equipements. It also can display a full list of your kanmusu and equipements, which can be sorted. It also monitor the timer of your repairs and constructions.

It is quite handy since you have a direct view of the state of your fleet and anything that runs in the background.
There is no risk right? As i heard it basically just process the information in your computer?
Old 2014-07-22, 14:39   Link #3074
Kakurin
大佐

Yeah, it is quite useful having an entire list of all your ships and equipment etc. I've always missed that in the game. It also has a tool for example to calculate how many battles one has to fight to level up. So I'm quite happy with it.

It's worth a try.
Old 2014-07-22, 14:42   Link #3075
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It doesn't send any packet whatsoever to the server, so there is no actual risk. The developpers insisted that they are against any cheating tools, which include macro. KCV doesn't give any automated function whatsoever as it only display information, nothing more.

It just looks like this:

I've been using it since january, so several months already.
Old 2014-07-22, 14:51   Link #3076
Kakurin
大佐

Damn, I envy your big screen. My screen can only show about 60% of the lower menu.

Oh, and there's also an English fork, with translations for the menu in English, German, Chinese, in addition to Japanese. It's for example possible to show all ship names in English.

Another question to Klashikari, I see that you have the regular CEST. I've read on the wiki that some people experience problems when not setting the time to the Japanese time. Have you encountered any such problem?
Old 2014-07-22, 14:58   Link #3077
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Barely any problem, unlikely to be because of that. That said, I'm not even using API method, so that's perhaps the reason why my connection is rarely disrupted (it happens a few times after an update).
Old 2014-07-22, 15:22   Link #3078
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So how do you do this? Just copy the API link into the URL?

Cause mine loading half way, and then stopped

Edit: oh wait, try again and it is working. Seemed to load slower than Chrome through
Old 2014-07-22, 15:35   Link #3079
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Edit: oh wait, try again and it is working. Seemed to load slower than Chrome through
It is IE based after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Barely any problem, unlikely to be because of that. That said, I'm not even using API method, so that's perhaps the reason why my connection is rarely disrupted (it happens a few times after an update).
Okay, good to know. The times I forgot to change the time I also didn't encounter any problems. I used VPN up until now, however, during some times the VPN connection is pretty slow, leading to long waiting times.
Old 2014-07-22, 15:40   Link #3080
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Unless you are using a private VPN or a public one with little to no one on it, I suggest you to change your method asap.

Public VPN is a very bad idea because every person using it are actually sharing the same IP range, and since DMM.COM forbids multiple account for the same individual, it can lead you to a ban because you might be sharing the same IP with someone else.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls