AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-01-09, 02:58   Link #281
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie103 View Post
Spoiler for No idea if this is against the rules:
Nope, it's not against the rules, but it's best if you ask these things privately--if you just pay attention to the board, those who appears most often in the Last Posted column are probably most experienced and will can you a lot. Afterall, anime downloading is only partially legal.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 10:02   Link #282
Kristen
*Author

This has been bugging me forever.

When Tomoya give Fuuko back her knife in like episode 3, is it sharpened, or still blunt? Is that ever said anywhere in the VN, LN, or anime? I know it doesn't matter, it just has been annoying me.
Old 2008-01-09, 10:05   Link #283
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Nope, in either the game or anime, there isn't any information about it.
However, considering that Fuuko doesn't seem to cut herself afterwards, we can assume that Tomoya sharpened the knife.
Might redo her route, but i'm pretty sure there isn't any direct mention of that.
Old 2008-01-09, 10:06   Link #284
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Nope, in either the game or anime, there isn't any information about it.
However, considering that Fuuko doesn't seem to cut herself afterwards, we can assume that Tomoya sharpened the knife.
Might redo her route, but i'm pretty sure there isn't any direct mention of that.
Wow, that was quick.

Looking at later episodes, it doesn't seem like her hand is bandaged either, so I guess that makes sense. Thanks!
Old 2008-01-09, 10:12   Link #285
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Wow, that was quick.

Looking at later episodes, it doesn't seem like her hand is bandaged either, so I guess that makes sense. Thanks!
I checked her route once again (huh, faster than I thought ) and i guess i will correct my point: Tomoya completely forgot about the knife he snatched her yesterday. However, when he gave it back, he warned her that if she is ever hurt again, he will take the knife back once again.
And speaking of which, she hurt herself again later in her route (only once though).

I guess she just followed Tomoya's "advice", but it looks like Tomoya didn't do anything with the knife.
Old 2008-01-09, 10:37   Link #286
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
I checked her route once again (huh, faster than I thought ) and i guess i will correct my point: Tomoya completely forgot about the knife he snatched her yesterday. However, when he gave it back, he warned her that if she is ever hurt again, he will take the knife back once again.
And speaking of which, she hurt herself again later in her route (only once though).

I guess she just followed Tomoya's "advice", but it looks like Tomoya didn't do anything with the knife.
Oh, so he didn't. Hm. Makes me wonder if Fuuko sharpened it herself... That's a scary image.
Old 2008-01-16, 16:20   Link #287
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I'm entering this thread for umpteenth time, only this time I've come to seek help. So far I've been the game unassisted (translation only, no walkthroughs).

The latest save I have is SEEN1427. I'm currently trying to enter Fuuko's path while Tomoya and Nagisa are a couple. Should I be whacking myself on the head for doing something like this on my FIRST playthrough? After reading some of the posts, I would consider restarting, but I've already used up the first 60 save slots.

I really could use some help here.

EDIT: Question about the upcoming XBOX360 version: Any word on what the achievements will be? If the "Fuuko Master" ones and various others are in, it could be invaluable in keeping track of what you've gotten and what you haven't.
Old 2008-01-16, 16:20   Link #288
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I've got a small question...I've been hearing that Clannad might take more than 24 episodes just to tell everyone's storyline so Kyoto Animations might cut it short to 24 episodes and continuing on with another season of Clannad...so far they did Fuuko and Kotomi's story and they still got Kyou, Tomoyo and Nagisa.
Is it true that Kyoto Animations might have to split Clannad up into two seasons just to properly finish up all the stories??
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 18:46   Link #289
The_TempesT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
The walkthrough was posted here so thats why I asked in this thread, didn't want to ask in both.

Thanks for the answers, i allready erased and am going to try doing it all over from the beggining since all I completed so far was just 2 routes.

Edit: Just wanted to say thanks for the walkthrough btw, would have never known about all the different possibilitys from doing the routes in certain orders.
The_TempesT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 01:19   Link #290
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Should I be whacking myself on the head for doing something like this on my FIRST playthrough? After reading some of the posts, I would consider restarting, but I've already used up the first 60 save slots.
This is unfortunately one of the rare case of irreversible "bad end". Not like it will be bad, but it won't count it as Fuuko's end because of "this".
I would suggest you to redo the route you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
I've got a small question...I've been hearing that Clannad might take more than 24 episodes just to tell everyone's storyline so Kyoto Animations might cut it short to 24 episodes and continuing on with another season of Clannad...so far they did Fuuko and Kotomi's story and they still got Kyou, Tomoyo and Nagisa.
Is it true that Kyoto Animations might have to split Clannad up into two seasons just to properly finish up all the stories??
Clannad is a very HUGE story, and trying to fit it within 24 episodes is nothing but foolishness until they butcher like mad.
Considering the various "rumors" of 4 seasons (which means 4 block of 12-14 episodes, so in fact 4 cours) and KyoAni pace, we can assume there will be additional 24 episodes.
Keep in mind it isn't officially confirmed so.
Old 2008-01-17, 05:06   Link #291
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:

Clannad is a very HUGE story, and trying to fit it within 24 episodes is nothing but foolishness until they butcher like mad.
Considering the various "rumors" of 4 seasons (which means 4 block of 12-14 episodes, so in fact 4 cours) and KyoAni pace, we can assume there will be additional 24 episodes.
wow, I never knew that Clannad was such a huge story...especially for Nagisa's story, since I've heard throughout this thread that her story is the longest out of the girls.
Seeing as how they also got Haruhi 2 in the works, they might do the unthinkable and rush all the stories in one season...although two seasons full of 24 episodes doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Well thanks for answering my question Klashikari!
Old 2008-01-17, 07:53   Link #292
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
I'm entering this thread for umpteenth time, only this time I've come to seek help. So far I've been the game unassisted (translation only, no walkthroughs).

The latest save I have is SEEN1427. I'm currently trying to enter Fuuko's path while Tomoya and Nagisa are a couple. Should I be whacking myself on the head for doing something like this on my FIRST playthrough? After reading some of the posts, I would consider restarting, but I've already used up the first 60 save slots.

I really could use some help here.
Well this is really a problem for every AVG players---many want to save at every possible branch locations so they can go back and watch every single conversation--no problem at all.
All you need to do is go to your CLANNAD directory, and in a file called SAVEDATA contains all the saves in your game.
Create a new folder somewhere else named 'Fuuko' for you Fuuko saves and copy all the files in SAVEDATA into the new folder(except for the save999.sav, which contains the master save which would not show up in the save/load slot)
If you need more save slots for Fuuko, just create another folder called 'Fuuko2' etc.

Quote:
CLANNAD is probably going to finish within 24 episodes--I've recieved information on...
Spoiler for major anime spoiler:

Quote:
Same for my spoiler--it's not confirmed yet.

Quote:
wow, I never knew that Clannad was such a huge story...especially for Nagisa's story, since I've heard throughout this thread that her story is the longest out of the girls.
Seeing as how they also got Haruhi 2 in the works, they might do the unthinkable and rush all the stories in one season...although two seasons full of 24 episodes doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Longest because of After Story, actually Kyou and Tomoyo's route is longer than hers...

Last edited by iamandragon; 2008-01-17 at 08:08.
Old 2008-01-17, 09:36   Link #293
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
CLANNAD is probably going to finish within 24 episodes--I've recieved information on...
Spoiler for major anime spoiler:
Spoiler:
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 12:19   Link #294
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Not to mention, the routes don't include just the main girls (Fuuko, Kotomi, Kyou, Tomoyo and Nagisa). There are a LOT more routes, including a few we haven't been introduced to yet (in terms of the anime).

This will be an interesting ride to say the least!

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 13:40   Link #295
Rookie103

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
Not to mention, the routes don't include just the main girls (Fuuko, Kotomi, Kyou, Tomoyo and Nagisa). There are a LOT more routes, including a few we haven't been introduced to yet (in terms of the anime).

--Ian.
I wonder if they will be able to fit everyones arc into it.
Rookie103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 16:59   Link #296
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post

--Ian.
Wow, thats a lot of stories to tell in just 24 episodes...but yea, it will be interesting to see how Kyoto animations will handle it...but I thought the Tomoyo After was a side story and a separate game??
Old 2008-01-17, 17:16   Link #297
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

They aren't talking about Tomoyo After though, however

Spoiler for minor spoiler about other arcs they might touch. Not the content, just about who they are about:
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 17:28   Link #298
Rookie103

What episode was the rooftop scene? I wanna watch it again.
Rookie103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 02:47   Link #299
mandarb916

not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but did something happen to ep12 onwards with this series? Been able to snag ep1~11 with 16:9 aspect ratio @ 720p, but ep12 onwards I've only seen 4:3 aspect ratio @ 480p...

do 16:9 (non-HD or HD) aspect ratio raws exist for ep12 onwards? a little frustrating to end up with half the series being different resolution/aspect ratio...
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 03:11   Link #300
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Welcome to CLANNAD, mandarb916. Well...if you go to the first few pages in this Q & A, it's all there...

In short, 16:9 ratio of episode 12 onwards will come out later on.

Once again, welcome and pleae enjoy your stay.