AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-12, 00:27   Link #121
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
@quigon: you mean from the side.

She's practically a perfect Haruhi companion (without Haruhi's... er... villainy?)
Old 2010-05-12, 01:12   Link #122
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
@quigon: you mean from the side.

She's practically a perfect Haruhi companion (without Haruhi's... er... villainy?)
Actually, "from the side" in the context of my "from the front row" suggests a lot more involvement than I think she planned. "From the front row" suggests she's in the audience. "From the side" suggests she's backstage, with the potential to eventually come out on stage. Now what she has become is the latter, certainly. But from what she says in Intrigues, she's quite happy to be strictly a spectator. And we're talking about her own intents before the start of the story.
Old 2010-05-12, 07:46   Link #123
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post
Tsuruya is the character I'm most curious about! What is her secret?

Why is she at North High for a start? The Tsuruya family is made out to be extremely wealthy and ancient, and Tsuruya herself is said to be one of the most intelligent people Kyon knows. North High is made out to be a pretty shabby school, with Kouyouen Academy shown to be a much "better" school for girls.
Tsuruya's familiy has been stated to be connected to Itsuki's organization via funding. The same organization that monitors Haruhi.

It wouldn't be outrageous to say that the Tsuruya clan had some ulterior motivations with keeping their future clan head in close contact with Haruhi...
Old 2010-05-12, 11:13   Link #124
Strife212

Itsuki seems to be scared of her as well. The only reason he gives is because she is the heir to the Tsuruya house, so that explains more about the family than Tsuruya-san herself.
Old 2010-05-12, 11:39   Link #125
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Itsuki seems to be scared of her as well. The only reason he gives is because she is the heir to the Tsuruya house, so that explains more about the family than Tsuruya-san herself.
When you're rich. powerful and influential, who your familiy is says who you are at least to an extent.
Old 2010-05-12, 20:51   Link #126
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
It's never mentioned in the novels (although I think alt!Tsuruya's reaction to Kyon "assaulting" alt!Mikuru suggests it), but I've always been under the impression that Tsuruya's "family business" usually involves a bunch of mean looking guys in suits and shades calling her "anego", but that's just me... ^_^
Old 2010-05-13, 11:06   Link #127
Strife212

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
It's never mentioned in the novels (although I think alt!Tsuruya's reaction to Kyon "assaulting" alt!Mikuru suggests it), but I've always been under the impression that Tsuruya's "family business" usually involves a bunch of mean looking guys in suits and shades calling her "anego", but that's just me... ^_^
I can imagine that.
Old 2010-05-13, 13:40   Link #128
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I'm not sure that's the case. I think Kyon would have seen significantly shadier people hanging around the Tsuruya estate the times he went there without Haruhi if that was the case. Though their connections to the organization do suggest that they're not just some regular rich buisness clan, and that they're possibly dabbling in some shady things...though it's probably by no means anything routine as petty criminal activity.

I think the Tsuruya clan is so high up the food chain that just some regular mobsters in suits wouldn't even get the privilege of standing in the same room as them. They might make use of such people, but never directly to maintain their good reputation. Any..."muscle" they did keep on hand would probably be significantly more dangerious but able to just pass themselves off as regular servants.

Think of the entire Mansions staff being composed of people like Mori...quit and unassuming people who can just fade into the backround while not making a sound...and crush your throat by strangling you with your own necktie before you even know they've walked up behind you. Skillets you ussually only find within special forces units.
Old 2010-05-14, 00:28   Link #129
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'm not sure that's the case. I think Kyon would have seen significantly shadier people hanging around the Tsuruya estate the times he went there without Haruhi if that was the case. Though their connections to the organization do suggest that they're not just some regular rich buisness clan, and that they're possibly dabbling in some shady things...though it's probably by no means anything routine as petty criminal activity.

I think the Tsuruya clan is so high up the food chain that just some regular mobsters in suits wouldn't even get the privilege of standing in the same room as them. They might make use of such people, but never directly to maintain their good reputation. Any..."muscle" they did keep on hand would probably be significantly more dangerious but able to just pass themselves off as regular servants.

Think of the entire Mansions staff being composed of people like Mori...quit and unassuming people who can just fade into the backround while not making a sound...and crush your throat by strangling you with your own necktie before you even know they've walked up behind you. Skillets you ussually only find within special forces units.
Kyon saw no one hanging around the Tsuruya Compound. And we know by how quickly Tsuruya got back to Kyon about the Volume 7 artifact that the Tsuruya-gumi is an impressively resourceful, and tightly run organization. By "mean looking guys in suits and shades calling her 'anego'", I was speaking figuratively, although I'll bet that happens on some level. I think they're just usually a lot more discreet than that...
Old 2010-05-14, 04:47   Link #130
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Kyon saw no one hanging around the Tsuruya Compound. And we know by how quickly Tsuruya got back to Kyon about the Volume 7 artifact that the Tsuruya-gumi is an impressively resourceful, and tightly run organization. By "mean looking guys in suits and shades calling her 'anego'", I was speaking figuratively, although I'll bet that happens on some level. I think they're just usually a lot more discreet than that...
Well of course

Though I think it points to them having high tech connections.
Old 2010-05-15, 16:29   Link #131
Strife212

Quote:
Though I think it points to them having high tech connections.
Definately, when she says that she had the item radio dated I was like o_o

On another note, every single person with a wierd hair color (Yuki,Kimidori,Asakura) is a Data Overmind Interface except Tsuruya-san. I can't decide if that is a co-incidence or not.

Last edited by Strife212; 2010-05-15 at 17:04.
Closed Thread