AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-20, 02:01   Link #241
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
It's nice to finally know where Nami has been all this time. She still looks really scared and upset. That look of terror on her face as she called for Luffy to save her, heartbreaking. Still, it hardly seems like her to just sit around.
This could still be very interesting. These people study the weather. That guy created some major with with a knot technique. Imagine if Naim can learn that. Even apply it to her Clima Tact or navigating the Sunny?

There is still the trouble of how she gets off this Sky Island. We haven't seen the rest of the crew, but she seems to be in the biggest trouble of how to get back.
Old 2008-11-20, 04:53   Link #242
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Actually Nami has the highest chance of getting back. She's the one person who best know how to get from place to place. And we already know that sky residents always had means to get down to the ground below.

I'm actually expecting Nami to get a propeller mounted waver or some thing to fly down to the ocean and then either fly directly to Impel Down or use the waver on the sea.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 13:17   Link #243
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Actually Nami has the highest chance of getting back. She's the one person who best know how to get from place to place. And we already know that sky residents always had means to get down to the ground below.

I'm actually expecting Nami to get a propeller mounted waver or some thing to fly down to the ocean and then either fly directly to Impel Down or use the waver on the sea.
Why would she go to Impel Down? She has no idea that Ace is there, let alone the fact that Luffy is going in to save him....
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 13:26   Link #244
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Why would she go to Impel Down? She has no idea that Ace is there, let alone the fact that Luffy is going in to save him....
I have posted back somewhere, probably the 523 thread that eventually the crew would gather in on Impel Down themselves.

Firstly why: Because Ace is being executed.
How did they find out: By news paper, that bird delivers papers to everywhere where there's humans.
Why would they want to go: This part tests the cohesiveness and faith of the crew. If they find out that Ace is going to be executed and if they really understood Luffy really well, they will know that he will go to Impel Down to save him. If the crew really does understand each other so well and especially their captain, they will gather at Impel Down like an instinct.

Mine is just a theory and the holes are Brooke and Franky not knowing that Ace is Luffy's brother.

But if the rest of the crew is going to meet at Impel Down, Oda probably has ways to get Brooke and Franky there as well. We've seen so many times with the crew separated but gathered again by major coincidence.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 13:53   Link #245
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I have posted back somewhere, probably the 523 thread that eventually the crew would gather in on Impel Down themselves.

Firstly why: Because Ace is being executed.
How did they find out: By news paper, that bird delivers papers to everywhere where there's humans.
Why would they want to go: This part tests the cohesiveness and faith of the crew. If they find out that Ace is going to be executed and if they really understood Luffy really well, they will know that he will go to Impel Down to save him. If the crew really does understand each other so well and especially their captain, they will gather at Impel Down like an instinct.

Mine is just a theory and the holes are Brooke and Franky not knowing that Ace is Luffy's brother.

But if the rest of the crew is going to meet at Impel Down, Oda probably has ways to get Brooke and Franky there as well. We've seen so many times with the crew separated but gathered again by major coincidence.
I don't think the crew is going to be reunited before the end of this arc. If anything, there'll be a separate arc for them getting back together.
Otherwise, we'll get a lot of stuff that seems to be filler at first.
Old 2008-11-21, 09:51   Link #246
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Spoiler for Latest Chapter Theories:

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 10:29   Link #247
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Spoiler for Latest Chapter Theories:
Hmmm... so you're saying Kuma wants the Strawhats to break-up the World government's stranglehold? But why would he send Nami? She hardly seems the type who would want to do that.
Old 2008-11-21, 12:30   Link #248
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Hmmm... so you're saying Kuma wants the Strawhats to break-up the World government's stranglehold? But why would he send Nami? She hardly seems the type who would want to do that.
I'm pretty sure none of the Strawhats really want to be fully involved with the WG, but they'll do things against it without intention.

For example, if Weatheria is located above Impel Down, let's say Nami, trying to get a hold on her Clima Tect, summons a massive thunderstorm that blows open one of the outer walls guarding the prison below.

It doesn't seem like Oda's style, but the idea of the characters interacting without even realizing it has always been a fetish of mine (surpassed only by succubi).

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-11-21, 14:04   Link #249
Rainbowman

Quote:
I don't think the crew is going to be reunited before the end of this arc. If anything, there'll be a separate arc for them getting back together.
Otherwise, we'll get a lot of stuff that seems to be filler at first.
Kinda what I was thinking. However the locations for Nami, Franky, and Sanji have been confirmed all in one chapter. I bet it won't be long before the locations for Robin, Chopper, Usopp, Zoro, and Brook (and possibly PX1 which I don't really care about) will be revealed. I hope Oda does an arc for Nami followed by Robin and the others before he focuses on Impel Down.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 10:12   Link #250
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Kinda what I was thinking. However the locations for Nami, Franky, and Sanji have been confirmed all in one chapter. I bet it won't be long before the locations for Robin, Chopper, Usopp, Zoro, and Brook (and possibly PX1 which I don't really care about) will be revealed. I hope Oda does an arc for Nami followed by Robin and the others before he focuses on Impel Down.
Well, we know Luffy will be in route for six days, so aside from him we'll probably get an arc shifting between everyone else at the same time.
The fact that you brought up PX-1 has brought some interest to me... what if he's with one of the Strawhats?

Old 2008-12-04, 05:55   Link #251
Keeper

I've been re-watching One Piece starting from the very first episode (now finished ep 69). I can't but admire Nami for always being able to KO anyone of the Stawhats, anytime. Just now when Zoro and Luffy were seriously fighting each other and saving Vivi in the process, Nami just came about and knocked both down, twice. Priceless

It's a shame this is all just for humor effect and doesn't affect actual foes.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 13:45   Link #252
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I've been re-watching One Piece starting from the very first episode (now finished ep 69). I can't but admire Nami for always being able to KO anyone of the Stawhats, anytime. Just now when Zoro and Luffy were seriously fighting each other and saving Vivi in the process, Nami just came about and knocked both down, twice. Priceless

It's a shame this is all just for humor effect and doesn't affect actual foes.
Well, she could potentially stun all enemies, but unfortunately, One Piece isn't a seinen anime...
Old 2008-12-04, 14:31   Link #253
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Oh I loved that part. It's the perfect answer to that old question "Who would win in a fight, Zoro or Luffy? Well that's easy, NAMI!"
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 15:12   Link #254
Sandler311

Alright, I've been searching this for awhile so I registered here just to ask this question. I am trying to find which episodes or manga have nami in the shirt that says EVIL on it. I have not had much luck searching so far, and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find it, either which episode, manga, or an actual screen cap.

The shirt will remade and given to my friend as her christmas gift.
Sandler311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 17:35   Link #255
Rainbowman

With the situation that Nami is in on Wheateria, I would want to calm her from crying like a caretaker would for a sad tiger cub so she could have a few hours of calming sleep. (Music playing: 3 choices- What a Wonderful World performed by Louie Armstrong and Kenny G, Somewhere out there performed by Linda Ronstandt and James Ingram, or Somewhere in my memory composed by John Williams for Home Alone)

Everyone is welcome to comment this post as long as they are kind comments.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2008-12-15 at 18:24.
Old 2008-12-18, 18:16   Link #256
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
With the situation that Nami is in on Wheateria, I would want to calm her from crying like a caretaker would for a sad tiger cub so she could have a few hours of calming sleep. (Music playing: 3 choices- What a Wonderful World performed by Louie Armstrong and Kenny G, Somewhere out there performed by Linda Ronstandt and James Ingram, or Somewhere in my memory composed by John Williams for Home Alone)

Everyone is welcome to comment this post as long as they are kind comments.
You, sir, have excellent taste. Actually I'm ridiculed at school because I like this sort of music :/ go figure...

Personally, though, I'd calmly stroke her head like a kitten ^^
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 18:37   Link #257
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
You, sir, have excellent taste. Actually I'm ridiculed at school because I like this sort of music :/ go figure...

Personally, though, I'd calmly stroke her head like a kitten ^^
Exactly what I'm thinking.
Old 2009-01-02, 13:09   Link #258
areku07
Widdle Baby

Send a message via MSN to areku07 Send a message via Yahoo to areku07
i like romance dawn lol

i wonder hu nami wud end up with lol
areku07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 14:09   Link #259
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by areku07 View Post
i like romance dawn lol

i wonder hu nami wud end up with lol
I have hopes that Nami would end up with Luffy as I have plans of making their decendants in a distant future of their timeline. That is at least once the Strawhat crew is completed in getting new crew members which I'd estimate to be 12 of them.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-01-06 at 14:21.
Old 2009-01-23, 13:17   Link #260
Rainbowman

Quote:
I have hopes that Nami would end up with Luffy as I have plans of making their decendants in a distant future of their timeline. That is at least once the Strawhat crew is completed in getting new crew members which I'd estimate to be 12 of them.
Anyone want to reply on this?