AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-15, 01:54   Link #41
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
As much as I like Fate, I'll probably be hard pressed to vote for her all the time if certain characters get nominated.
Old 2008-12-15, 02:14   Link #42
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Havn't seen you around since forever, Xellos.
Old 2008-12-15, 02:18   Link #43
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Nice to see both of you!
Old 2008-12-15, 02:19   Link #44
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
As much as I like Fate, I'll probably be hard pressed to vote for her all the time if certain characters get nominated.
i dont think its matters all that much if you dont vote for her because you find someone else moe, but if you vote for someone else only because Fate has won already is when i would get annoyed

and Seishi Whar are u D:

Edit: and are my eyes failing me or does my avatar look, fuzzy or distorted a bit D:
Old 2008-12-15, 02:22   Link #45
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Well, I admit I am excited to see some new blood around...for Nanoha to feast on, of course.
Old 2008-12-15, 02:24   Link #46
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

Nanoha does need some new friends afterall
Old 2008-12-15, 02:25   Link #47
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

New blood to be devoured by the old. Interesting. I like it.
Old 2008-12-15, 03:58   Link #48
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well as Nanoha needs new friends, Rena need more cute things to add to her collection.
Old 2008-12-15, 08:10   Link #49
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
And I think the most moe isn't on the list yet.

Yakuza Ane-ue demands a space on the list.

Yes, that's Yukine.
You can believe me that I will nominate Yukine (8 Points) and vote her over 95% of the candidates because she is soooooooo adorable.

Old 2008-12-15, 08:13   Link #50
chaosprophet

I would prefer new contestants to be strong than just cannon fodder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
QFT

I couldnt care less about previous winner, LS fags, Key/Kyoani blahblah etc, if I think someone is more moe then I will vote for that character, end of story.
I agree with that too.

Quote:
Anyways, onto the topic. It's true that we SHOULD be voting on each character's merits, but not everyone will agree, that's the headache of holding such a competition.
Yes but strategic voting is part of these kind of contest too. Even if I don't do it I understand why some do.

Something I'm curious about: How well characters from new series are on everyone moe list?

The only one who got very high in my moe list is Minori from Toradora. But there are many who is at least a little bit high: Taiga and Ami from Toradora, Torako and Ayumi from Hyakko, Nagi from Kannagi, Ryouko and Misaki from Kemeko DX, Suzuho from Macademi WAsshoi!, Index from To Aru Majutsu no Index (maybe Misaka depending on how this arc unfolds).
Old 2008-12-15, 08:14   Link #51
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
You can believe me that I will nominate Yukine (8 Points) and vote her over 95% of the candidates because she is soooooooo adorable.

Exactly!

^^ For that, friend mail sent. ^^

Of course, we've also gotta look out for the Touhou Project people, they're kinda famous in Nicovideo and Youtube.

And of course, the Little Busters! people. They have about 10 girls, give or take one. That is, if Kyoani (or any other studio) makes an announcement in time... I guess not, desho desho?

Quote:
The only one who got very high in my moe list is Minori from Toradora. But there are many who is at least a little bit high: Taiga and Ami from Toradora, Torako and Ayumi from Hyakko, Nagi from Kannagi, Ryouko and Misaki from Kemeko DX, Suzuho from Macademi WAsshoi!, Index from To Aru Majutsu no Index (maybe Misaka depending on how this arc unfolds).
I only have these:

Kannagi: Nagi
Toradora: Taiga
Little Busters! (the clean all ages version): Rin Natsume, Noumi Kudryvka.
Minami-ke: All four Minamis; including Touma for some reason.
Old 2008-12-15, 08:23   Link #52
chaosprophet

Quote:
And of course, the Little Busters! people. They have about 10 girls, give or take one. That is, if Kyoani (or any other studio) makes an announcement in time... I guess not, desho desho?
But I don't think characters from series that have only been announced but didn't aired are eligible. They will get an 0 on the sufficient airtime part.
Old 2008-12-15, 08:25   Link #53
Juice[Lemon]
ISML's "liberal staffer"

Quote:
[. . .]

Of course, we've also gotta look out for the Touhou Project people, they're kinda famous in Nicovideo and Youtube.

[. . .]
Even IF they announce, I doubt they will release before the new year.
Old 2008-12-15, 10:52   Link #54
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Come back to me Sei-kun.
Old 2008-12-15, 11:06   Link #55
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

hmmm surprisingly no KyoAni will be nominated by me this time...none of them (the leftover Clannad) are good enough IMO and they would only do as good as Ryou did last year (Mei could be exception). Oh and not enough ppl are talking about how Taiga could pretty much get a top 16 spot....the anime is REALLY good, and its fairly popular, and its Kugimiya Rie = strong contender
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-12-15, 11:37   Link #56
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I would prefer new contestants to be strong than just cannon fodder!

Something I'm curious about: How well characters from new series are on everyone moe list?
Realistically, I can see the super popular characters such as Nagi, Index, Taiga, and maybe even Haruka Nogizaka (though people seem to have forgotten her so quickly!) doing fairly well, assuming they all make it. What we don't need are more side Clannad characters, though...

My idea for nominating was to choose characters I thought had no realistic chance of making the tournament, but had some important role to play. I don't really care if they catch on or not. The only one I can see getting serious external support is Hazuki, but the show might just be too old for some people.

Quote:
Yay for these people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Come back to me Sei-kun.
But I'm right here...
Old 2008-12-15, 12:07   Link #57
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Havn't seen you around since forever, Xellos.
Yeah, been MIA for a bit due to various reasons but I'm back for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
i dont think its matters all that much if you dont vote for her because you find someone else moe, but if you vote for someone else only because Fate has won already is when i would get annoyed

and Seishi Whar are u D:

Edit: and are my eyes failing me or does my avatar look, fuzzy or distorted a bit D:
I'm definitely not going to vote against Fate because she's already won. It's my goal this year to tone down any strategic voting as well, but we'll see how that goes.

Don't think your avatar looks fuzzy, but it does look like she's trying to start a lawnmower.
Old 2008-12-15, 13:08   Link #58
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well with the final week of the "Seconds Rounds" of SBM, there is only three (four if somehow Kyonko was qualifed) girls that could be added to ISML (that are not already qualified from 2008 that is):

Shinku, Suiseiseki (AKA Desu), and Chrome Dokuro (Hitman Reborn) The other seven girls remaining in these rounds are ISML finalists or in already due to having scored over 0.500 last year (Nagi).
Old 2008-12-15, 15:52   Link #59
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well with the final week of the "Seconds Rounds" of SBM, there is only three (four if somehow Kyonko was qualifed) girls that could be added to ISML (that are not already qualified from 2008 that is):

Shinku, Suiseiseki (AKA Desu), and Chrome Dokuro (Hitman Reborn) The other seven girls remaining in these rounds are ISML finalists or in already due to having scored over 0.500 last year (Nagi).
Suiseiseki is there.
Old 2008-12-15, 16:58   Link #60
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Don't diss the watering can. She's still in there, thanks in part to a double-team with Suigintou (wut) and a 330-329 tie over Rika...

Quote:
Exactly!

^^ For that, friend mail sent. ^^

I only have these:

Kannagi: Nagi
Toradora: Taiga
Little Busters! (the clean all ages version): Rin Natsume, Noumi Kudryvka.
Minami-ke: All four Minamis; including Touma for some reason.
One problem with the announcement factor is this. I DID say all-time, but a future anime series like Little Busters! still may not make the cut through background check this year because of the new "screentime" rule. Yeah, you need sufficient screentime, and one who's just got an anime announcement pretty much doesn't have screentime as of yet. So if anything, better be careful with who you nominate.

And that includes Touhou candidates - some may pass background check and some may not...
Closed Thread

Tags
international, saimoe