AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-12, 18:07   Link #921
charlog
Gate of Babyl'Owned

You say that Shirou is attracted by Rin, I though the same thing viewing the firsts episodes, when Shirou met Rin when he was with Issei, who does he really love in the game ? Saber as IN the anime ?
charlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 18:49   Link #922
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Depends on the scenerio...but...
Spoiler for game spoiler, careful!:
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 19:08   Link #923
Hideki Keiji

I don't think so, he has plenty of time to master UBW, even after the end of the Fate scenario.
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 19:26   Link #924
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Shirou learnt UBW from Archer.
Old 2006-06-12, 22:27   Link #925
Hideki Keiji

In UBW, he did. Who's to say he couldn't learn to do so after Fate ends?
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 22:33   Link #926
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeayeah
I guess Ilya felt personally betrayed. Or more like abandoned. Although I can't understand Ilya's feelings too well. She doesn't look like she wants to kill Shirou. Also, when she talks about her father, there is no hate in his words, only sorrow.

Anyway, being a great magus killer alone doesn't explain all the trust they put in him (fathering Illya, representing the family in the Grail War, giving him Avalon - which is such an invaluable artifact that I don't think the Einzberns would give him to anybody without a very good reason). Do you know anything else about Kiritsugu's backstory?
All I know is that after the first Grail War, the Einzberns were always on the losing side. Which is probably why they allowed Kiritsugu to represent them in the War as well as give him Avalon. He's pretty much a great Master killer, and he was the reason (IIRC) why the Church had to intervene in the 4th Grail War because of too much extensive destruction.
Old 2006-06-13, 01:46   Link #927
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Rin is good at making excuses for failure...apart from bad timing, she also blames the uselessness of her magical circle...
But the truth is: it's not Rin's fault. Servants are attracted by artifacts they own during their lifetime, and we all know that Shirou possess the jewel Rin gave him. (and he doesn't know it's Rin's even till the end)(correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Shirou finding that out anywhere) So, Archer, who was Shirou in his lifetime, was attracted by the jewel he possess during the Holy Grail War, which is in Rin's hands before the Holy Grail War.
And of course, Archer knows UBW, so he is Shirou from UBW, whom fell for Rin, so not only he's attracted by the jewel, but also attracted by Rin.(self speculation, not accurate at all)(who can not fall for a mature, smart and cool woman like Rin?)
Shirou finds out in UBW that Rin was the one who saved him IIRC.

The UBW Shirou is a different person from Archer. When Archer was spared thanks to Shirou ordering Saber not to attack, he could finally move as planned before his summoning and try to end his own existence. This is were they become two different guys. Fate Shirou is supposed to have learned UBW during his life and after much struggle. UBW Shirou learned it from Archer.

Fate Shirou will most likely become the Archer we know (more or less, you know the problem of alternate universe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlog
You say that Shirou is attracted by Rin, I though the same thing viewing the firsts episodes, when Shirou met Rin when he was with Issei, who does he really love in the game ? Saber as IN the anime ?
Depends on the path you choose in the game. In Fate path, he falls for Saber (purest love IMO). In UBW path, he falls for Rin (and let us say Rin admits she's had a crush for him for a long time). And in Heaven's Feel, Sakura gets the better of him.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 02:21   Link #928
stillmissing

UBW Shirou has only a tiny chance of becoming the eirei Emiya. It's between 1-4% depending on which of the two endings according to the Tiger Dojo. Fate Shirou is the most likely of the three, as HF Shirou has a 0% chance regardless of which ending. Fate Shirou is still unlikely to become him as he only has a 5-10% chance apparently due to Ilya's survival and influence.

The likeliest answer, especially given a few of the clues Archer drops, is that he came from yet another different timeline from the three we are familiar with.
stillmissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 02:42   Link #929
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing
UBW Shirou has only a tiny chance of becoming the eirei Emiya. It's between 1-4% depending on which of the two endings according to the Tiger Dojo. Fate Shirou is the most likely of the three, as HF Shirou has a 0% chance regardless of which ending. Fate Shirou is still unlikely to become him as he only has a 5-10% chance apparently due to Ilya's survival and influence.

The likeliest answer, especially given a few of the clues Archer drops, is that he came from yet another different timeline from the three we are familiar with.
Which is why I really hope Type-Moon eventually releases a side-story that reveals Archer's past.
Old 2006-06-13, 05:01   Link #930
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

But if Shirou don't hear Archer's UBW, how can he make up all those English lines?
Old 2006-06-13, 06:03   Link #931
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Because Shirou is Archer? -_- I mean, wouldn't it make sense that if you step onto the same path as an alternate version of yourself, you would perhaps share the same ideals at first and say the same things? That's even if you're not 100% alike

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 06:12   Link #932
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
Because Shirou is Archer? -_- I mean, wouldn't it make sense that if you step onto the same path as an alternate version of yourself, you would perhaps share the same ideals at first and say the same things? That's even if you're not 100% alike
True. Even if they're not 100% identical, they resemble each others. Proof is their UBW are very similar. The only difference being that Shirou's doesn't have those gears in the background.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 06:28   Link #933
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

I think Archer's UBW didn't start off with gears. But as he participate in more and more holy grail wars and was forced to do things that does not fit his belief, his inner heart changed to become mechanical in order for him to do all those things without paining himself. The gears represent that mechanical part of him.
I wonder what does the burning flames in Shirou's UBW means?
Old 2006-06-13, 06:45   Link #934
k1bell
Saber-chan!!!! X3

Quote:
I think Archer's UBW didn't start off with gears. But as he participate in more and more holy grail wars and was forced to do things that does not fit his belief, his inner heart changed to become mechanical in order for him to do all those things without paining himself. The gears represent that mechanical part of him.
I wonder what does the burning flames in Shirou's UBW means?

might be his passion and determination...
or it might be his remembrance of the 4th grail war tragedy...
k1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 08:29   Link #935
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Would it be possible for two types of Eireis to exist if they're the same person? Say, two deviations of one singular Eirei, differentiated by a personality or talents.

To make it easier...think of two Archers, but one of them is more of a Shirou-ish Archer, and the other one is the usual Eirei Emiya. Could such Eireis exist?
Old 2006-06-13, 09:06   Link #936
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
Would it be possible for two types of Eireis to exist if they're the same person? Say, two deviations of one singular Eirei, differentiated by a personality or talents.

To make it easier...think of two Archers, but one of them is more of a Shirou-ish Archer, and the other one is the usual Eirei Emiya. Could such Eireis exist?
Thats a good question but it brings up the question that if Shirou didn't have Avalon. Could he have summone Archer? Then again, the new question is would Archer have killed him on the spot?

Quote:
Servants are attracted by artifacts they own during their lifetime.
If Rin Didn't summon Archer, and Shirou didn't have Avalon. I'm just saying what better artifacts to summone yourself with better that juat about all thing you own.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 09:11   Link #937
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Which is why I really hope Type-Moon eventually releases a side-story that reveals Archer's past.
We find out what we need in FSN & F/HA.

I believe it's best left like that, we know what we need to know about it.. should be left at that.
Old 2006-06-14, 03:24   Link #938
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Depends on the path you choose in the game. In Fate path, he falls for Saber (purest love IMO). In UBW path, he falls for Rin (and let us say Rin admits she's had a crush for him for a long time). And in Heaven's Feel, Sakura gets the better of him.

I always have impression that Rin was attracted to him when she is young.
Old 2006-06-14, 11:26   Link #939
martino
makes no files now

I'm not sure whether this was asked before, but which release gives higher video quality, H264 or XviD?

And also does anyone know whether Eclipse will continue on subbing the 1024x576 H264 versions?

thnx
Old 2006-06-14, 11:29   Link #940
Paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
I'm not sure whether this was asked before, but which release gives higher video quality, H264 or XviD?
H264 is defined High Quality version, so eh.

Dunno for Eclipse's 1024x576 H264 versions...i think they will though.
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote