AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-15, 15:05   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Since the Darker Than Black forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Darker Than Black thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2009-10-15, 21:50   Link #2
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Hi!! I was thinking that maybe we could have a "Hei, character discussion thread"..What do you think?
Old 2009-10-15, 23:14   Link #3
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Got a lots of suggestions.

Characters:

Hei
Suou
Misaki
Yin
Huang
The Syndicate
Contractors (In general)

Other stuff:

World History/Geography (Not sure)

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-10-16, 01:50   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

If we base our discussion on season 2 only then respective threads for Hei and Suou make sense. We might have the need for Misaki and Yin thread as the show gets deeper into the story. Anyway, for the time being Hei and Suou thread will be created.

We can also create a thread to talk about the Contractors and the mystery surrounding the Syndicate. Anyone would like to take a crack at the opening post?
Old 2009-10-16, 17:25   Link #5
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Got this. Like I said previously, I call for character discussions of the Syndicate and Contractors in general.

Here's the opening threads...

The Syndicate:
Quote:
An unknown organization that has worldwide influence, its human and contractor agents operate only by word of mouth. However, the Syndicate turns out to be made up of members coming from various intelligence agencies from the American CIA, British MI-6 to the Russian FSB and the Japanese Tokyo Metropolitan Public Security Bureau. They were also responsible for trying to eliminating Hell's Gate in Tokyo, being in control of PANDORA all along with agents infiltrating every aspect of the institute.
Contractors:
Quote:
No one knows where they came from. Only known and to be working for intelligence agencies, world governments, criminal and terrorist organizations, they first appeared in Brazil where they fought for various groups before and after Heaven's Gate disappeared. Their powers existed after Hell's Gate and Heaven's Gate appeared in Japan and Brazil. They have varying supernatural powers that must be paid at the end of their use.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-10-20, 11:06   Link #6
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Can we have a S1 popular character poll?

Cause we knows "some" of them (who is among our top favourite) won't be here this season due to "unavoidable circumstances"
Old 2009-10-20, 12:27   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Can we have a S1 popular character poll?

Cause we knows "some" of them (who is among our top favourite) won't be here this season due to "unavoidable circumstances"
That's a good idea. Could just go with the main cast because there's no many of them.

This poll better not miss out November 11.
Old 2009-10-20, 21:42   Link #8
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That's a good idea. Could just go with the main cast because there's no many of them.

This poll better not miss out November 11.
Hey...no character campaign here... xD (j/k)

The poll in Index 's really long, so we probably can fit most of the important characters in
Old 2009-10-20, 22:34   Link #9
monir
cho~ kakkoii

A character poll for S1 is doable. Would anyone mind doing a list?
Old 2009-10-20, 23:34   Link #10
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Hei, Yin, Huang and Mao group surely would be in.

Then we have the main characters of each faction: Misaki Kirihara, November 11(Jack Simon), Amber and Pai

.. then secondary main character of each faction and important contractors: Kanami Ishizaki (Misaki's friend who once in love with Hei), April, Amagiri,Wei Zhijun (blood), Havoc, Alma (the continuously aging contractor, i quite like her character development),

...other main contractors: Brita(teleport girl), Mai Kashiwagi, Nick Hillman(love space travelling with his sister), Maki (young boy who wish Amber use more power so he can fit her), July, Bertha, Itzhak,Shihoko Kishida (Huang lover), Stargazer-sama

Bad guys: Yoshimitsu Hōrai (Misaki's boss), Decade (November 11's superior), Eric Nishijima (PANDORA)

Can check wikipedia for more detail but yeah the list would be long if we try to fit all of them in ( maybe we should leave Gai Kurusawa and Kiko Kayanuma out since everyone hate this duo )
Old 2009-10-20, 23:54   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Don't even remember half these characters. Perhaps it's about time I revisit 1st season. Yeah, we will need to limit the character count to 29. Option 30 will read "Other."
Old 2009-10-21, 03:40   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

1. Hei
2. Yin
3. Mao
4. Huang
5. Kirihara Misaki
6. Havoc
7. November 11
8. Amber
9. Maki
10. July
11. April
12. Bai
13. Gai Kurasawa
14. Yutaka Kouno
15. Kiko Kayanuma
16. Wei Zhijiun

Spaces left for anyone to fill.
Old 2009-10-22, 11:45   Link #13
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Shihoko Kishida
Alma
Mai Kashiwagi
Bertha
Itzhak
Nick Hillman
Brita
Amagiri
Stargazer-sama
Mayu Otsuka
Yusuke Saito
Old 2009-10-22, 13:10   Link #14
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

(so umm, why don't we have a epi 3 thread yet?)
Old 2009-10-22, 13:23   Link #15
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Why, obviously I was sleeping on the job!
Old 2009-10-23, 02:42   Link #16
Strange
Incoherent at best.

I think it might be time for a Yin Character Discussion thread? It seems like there would be some interesting speculation about what happened to her.
Old 2009-10-23, 02:53   Link #17
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Done.....!
Old 2009-10-24, 12:40   Link #18
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't know if anyone else is interested, but I have at least one post for a "Voice Actor Appreciation and Discussion" thread.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-10-24, 13:09   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I don't know if anyone else is interested, but I have at least one post for a "Voice Actor Appreciation and Discussion" thread.
I'd also like this. There's some classic voice actors from the first season that i must mention.
Old 2009-10-24, 14:42   Link #20
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Not sure if the two threads will go for the Japanese original and the English one.

Closed Thread