AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-08, 21:37   Link #881
sheen

Don't you just love DBZ/Naruto comparisons?

How about you sticking to the damn series in question and use specific examples to back up your claims? We're not comparing Goku and Vegeta but Naruto and Goku.
Old 2004-08-08, 21:38   Link #882
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Now I will call you an idiot. I said Goku was like Naruto in the sense of they think they can win. Would you call THAT arrogance? Vegeta is like how Sasuke is thinking he can outright destroy them. Naruto doesn't think his opponents are weak. While Sasuke does. He may think he can win but he doesn't say they are weak as much. He may sometimes but not hte majoirty of the time. Since when did I say Naruto isn't arrogant? Sasuke is more arrogant as in he thinks his oponnents are weak. That is my point. YOu are the one ignoring my points.
He hardly thinks his oppnonents are weak, he wanted to fight Naruto, Neji, and Gaara because he knew they were strong.

This argument is really going nowhere. Its hit the epitomy of low when you start doing DBZ comparisons.

Really you admitted they both have been arrogant finally. You can sit next to the people who think its ok that Naruto is arrogant, but its not OK for Sasuke to be arrogant.
Old 2004-08-08, 21:50   Link #883
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
He hardly thinks his oppnonents are weak, he wanted to fight Naruto, Neji, and Gaara because he knew they were strong.

This argument is really going nowhere. Its hit the epitomy of low when you start doing DBZ comparisons.

Really you admitted they both have been arrogant finally. You can sit next to the people who think its ok that Naruto is arrogant, but its not OK for Sasuke to be arrogant.
Well at this point DBZ is getting better than Naruto. Naruto really needs to shape up, epitomy of the low? Have you read the DBZ manga(which includes DB automaitcally making that part a lot better htan Naruto). Really you insult the DB series with no basis just like you make arguments with none or a false one at all when arguing against me.

... Read my first post. Naruto is arrogant, but he also is confident. Sasuke is more arrogant. What i Mentioned that in all my posts....

Sasuke thinks he can own the person that's how he thinks they are weak. Naruto does not. That's what I mean by who is more arrogant.
Old 2004-08-08, 21:52   Link #884
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheen
Don't you just love DBZ/Naruto comparisons?

How about you sticking to the damn series in question and use specific examples to back up your claims? We're not comparing Goku and Vegeta but Naruto and Goku.
Seriously. This "UserName" kid isn't even worth arguing against. He doesn't even respond to my points.
Old 2004-08-08, 22:31   Link #885
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Alright, some of you already know that I dislike Sasuke for various reasons... but the truth is, it was all a lie.

There is only one reason why I don't like Sasuke.

The truth is...

Spoiler:

Remember, Sasuke is Pro-Bush. If you're Pro-Sasuke, you're indirectly a Pro-Bush and you don't want that now do you? DO YOU?!
Old 2004-08-08, 22:48   Link #886
FumoffuFan
R.O.C.K.S.

HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha h!!!

Sorry, temporary insanity.

Now. Sasuke. I have to say that Naruto is my favourite character (because he's such an idiot), I really like Hinata (so sucks to anyone who hates her :P ), I love Neji (because he's tall, dark and handsome, lol) and i don't hate or love Sasuke. He's Naruto's friend, even though he's a tad power hungry and he goes off with You Know Who- but hey, everyone makes mistakes, and Naruto will beat the sense back into him eventually. As for Sakura and Sasuke: bit of a lost cause, unless she starts acting like a ninja girl instead of a love-sick idiot- THEN he might actually see some worth in her. Sakura annoys me. Lee cracks me up. Kakashi is cool. Neji could come and live with me anytime.

BTW: hi to everyone. I'm new, in case you hadn't noticed.
Old 2004-08-08, 23:09   Link #887
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Remember, Sasuke is Pro-Bush. If you're Pro-Sasuke, you're indirectly a Pro-Bush and you don't want that now do you? DO YOU?!
You mean Sasuke is pro Bush and pro-gay?

You know finally you're right, the dude is weird.

Mind some precision of this night in picture in the what a character... thread, Slade?
Old 2004-08-08, 23:13   Link #888
UserName

sheen. I'm making that comparism to see what you think. Not taking into account the favoritsm some people have towards Sasuke. I prove a point. It's not my fault that you fail to recognize a good idea when you see one. But I guess it sin't seen as how a lot of Naruto people seem to be so misinformed that htey see DBZ and can't think straight.

I guess I too won't bother with those 2 in this topic... really people are so immature.
Old 2004-08-08, 23:39   Link #889
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Alright, some of you already know that I dislike Sasuke for various reasons... but the truth is, it was all a lie.

There is only one reason why I don't like Sasuke.

The truth is...

Spoiler:

I didn't know Sasuke and Oro could fit into your toaster slots. Yours musta been nice and wide. Did you warm their buns up?
Old 2004-08-09, 00:03   Link #890
Scy

I think this topic shows just how pointless arguements in the Internet can be. Sasuke fans will go "SASUKE RULEZ! NARUTO SUCKS!" and when Sasuke haters gives their reasons why they hate Sasuke the Sasuke fans go "OMG WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?! SASUKE RULEZ!!!!!".

For me, the reason why I hate Sasuke is simply: he is a loser despite the fact he (and his fans) refuses to admit it. There are a lot of similarities between him and Vegeta: he always thinks that he can cream his opponents like nothing, but in the end he gets creamed the way he deserves it. This happened against Haku, against Garaa, against Itachi and against Naruto. He simply refuses to accept his weaknesses and admit that Naruto is stronger than him.
Why can't he be like Akira from Hikaru no go? That guy is a genius like Sasuke, and is very proud of his abilities; however he also readily admits his weaknesses and admits people who are as strong, if not stronger than him (Hikaru). And because of that, he can grow to become stronger. He is a winner, unlike Sasuke.
I know that it has been explained before why Sasuke is like that, but the truth is Sasuke can never defeat Itachi if he continues the path he is walking.

And another thing,
Spoiler:

As for Naruto, there are a lot of bad things you can say about him, but the truth is he is cool, unlike Sasuke. Look at how he fought against Neji, Garaa or Kabuto. This guy is a true fighter; someone whose fighting spirt allows him to defeat people who are stronger than him. It's true that even now he seems to be weaker than a lot of people in Naruto, but that doesn't change the fact that he can fight. And win the way Sasuke never can.
Old 2004-08-09, 00:12   Link #891
sheen

I think this topic shows just how pointless arguements in the Internet can be. Naruto fans will go "SASUKE'S A LOSER! NARUTO'S COOL!" and when Sasuke defenders gives their reasons why it isn't so, Naruto fans go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy
I think this topic shows....the way Sasuke never can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
sheen. I'm making that comparism to see what you think. Not taking into account the favoritsm some people have towards Sasuke. I prove a point. It's not my fault that you fail to recognize a good idea when you see one. But I guess it sin't seen as how a lot of Naruto people seem to be so misinformed that htey see DBZ and can't think straight.

I guess I too won't bother with those 2 in this topic... really people are so immature.
See what I think? I beg to differ considering how many times I have repeated myself. You have proven nothing. A good idea? What idea have you proposed? A DBZ/Naruto comparison which have little aspects that parallel to Naruto? You don't write a thesis on a book giving supporting evidents from another book.
Old 2004-08-09, 00:27   Link #892
Zek
Eyebrows...

Naruto is not more arrogant than Sasuke. He's louder, but not more arrogant. Sasuke just keeps most of his arrogance to himself; a smirk or conceited laugh instead of shouting something. If Sasuke actually voiced everything he was thinking, he would be an asshole on a scale that puts Naruto to shame.
Old 2004-08-09, 00:36   Link #893
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Naruto is not more arrogant than Sasuke. He's louder, but not more arrogant. Sasuke just keeps most of his arrogance to himself; a smirk or conceited laugh instead of shouting something. If Sasuke actually voiced everything he was thinking, he would be an asshole on a scale that puts Naruto to shame.
I agree.. in terms of self-confidence, Naruto has grown since episode 59.. the same episode that turned me into a Hinata fan :P.

And no, I don't think Naruto is arrogant at all, that scene in the manga where Naruto says to Sasuke
Spoiler:
shows how much Naruto has grown since his team7 days ^^.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
Old 2004-08-09, 00:41   Link #894
sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
I agree.. in terms of self-confidence, Naruto has grown since episode 59.. the same episode that turned me into a Hinata fan :P.

And no, I don't think Naruto is arrogant at all, that scene in the manga where Naruto says to Sasuke
Spoiler:
shows how much Naruto has grown since his team7 days ^^.
They're driven by different things. A contributing growth factor may be that people are beginning to recognize Naruto as he wanted them to. While Sasuke is being driven further and further into darkness and to him it seems as if he is not getting anywhere closer to his ambition; in fact due to the all the mind-fucking, it seems to him that his "dream" is even further than before.
Old 2004-08-09, 00:49   Link #895
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Quote:
They're driven by different things. A contributing growth factor may be that people are beginning to recognize Naruto as he wanted them to. While Sasuke is being driven further and further into darkness and to him it seems as if he is not getting anywhere closer to his ambition; in fact due to the all the mind-fucking, it seems to him that his "dream" is even further than before.
Is it that he's growing because people are starting to notice him, or is it that people are noticing him because he is growing rapidly as a fine ninja?

I would like to think that people are noticing him due to his growth..
It seems to me that Naruto is slowly growing out of his "i want to be acknowledged" phase, and is settling into his "i will become hokage" phase. Its also good to see that Naruto has grown out of his cowardice after 80+ episodes.. as a character, he has made a steady transition.

Sasuke's character, on the other hand, has taken a nosedive.
From reading the manga, you realize that he has had an ulterior motive since day 1, which only makes him more contemptable.

Old 2004-08-09, 01:02   Link #896
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Yes I am. Naruto is not arrogant. He doesnt have an arrogant bone in his body. He is a show off, but like I said, theres a clear difference being show offy and being arrogant.
Naruto is arrogant and a show off, from the very begining of the series to the current chapters. Just because he is funny, it doesn't give him the excuse for being that way.

Quote:
I can only put it like this. You are allowed to show off, if you have a sense of humor. If one has a sense of humor, then them showing off will never seem "ugly".
I'm sorry but Naruto has done it one too many times. That isn't an excuse to do it. While Sasuke might not be a clown, he does has a back story that explain everything he is, but people ignored that, and found him more arrogant than Naruto, which you said he isn't.

Quote:
Jiraiya has a sense of humor. So when he shows off, its something we laugh with him about. It doesnt stain his character.
Oro is serious but he can show off and still be funny, like the part he said [spoiler]"Jiraiya your stupidity hasn't been cured". [spoiler]

Quote:
Gai has a sense of humor. So whe he shows off about being in the lead against "Elite genius kakashi", its all good because he has a sense of humor and that showing off doesnt look bad.
Gai is a funny guy, but he can be very serious at times, and it doesn't look bad. The same goes for Kakashi.

Quote:
Naruto too, has a great sense of humor, so him showing off is not something repulsive.
Again, that is a silly excuse, because Naruto has done it so many times that its get to a point that is repulsive. Sasuke has the real background to back up everything he is.

Quote:
However, people like, kakashi, Neji, Sasuke etc, have no sense of humor. Hence when they show off, it isnt something that is good. It is more than just showing off when they do it. It is arrogance.
I'm sorry wolf, but Naruto is more arrogant that all those three shinobis combined. They all are but no one can't compete against Naruto in the show off and arrogance department. Naruto is a guy that will say out loud, i will make you swallow my stupid speech and after i'm done i will beat the crap out of you, so you can understand better my speech. I will become the next Hokage and you will not, you will lose before me. That is Naruto.

Quote:
Im sure you understand what I mean.
To some extent yes, but no at the same time. You are just saying that all the funny character can show off and be arrogant is good while all the serious people can't because they are not funny.

Quote:
Precisely.
Again, that's just a cheap excuse.

Quote:
Theres a difference here. Kakashi doest show off, nor is he arrogant.
He did it against Zabuza and the Itachi and Kisame fight.

Quote:
Naruto has no esxuse. It just doesnt come off badly on him because he has a sense of humor. Sasuke is always serious about everything so when he shows off, we know hes not joking or being funny. However like i said. Sasuke was only like this for a brief period. After he learned chidori. From the begginning of the series to when he left the second chuunin exam, Sasuke was awesome. He never showed off, he wasnt cocky. He was a cool, calm, collected, brooding avenger. But then he became very show offy and cocky after learning chidori, and had to be bitch slapped to sense by gaara. And after that fight to present day in manga, sasuke is back to his cool self. So his brief arrogant phase was very short lived.
I just don't get it, Sasuke can't do it since it will look bad on him, but Naruto can do anything he wants because he is funny. I don't think so, Sasuke has more right to show off the little time he do it, because he can.
Spoiler:
will understand,but even with that he is not worthy enough. People hate Sasuke so he can't do nothing without everyone chewing his ass, and only because they hate him because he overshadow Naruto.

Quote:
Im not sure what you mean here. Itachi has never really shown arrogance or been cocky. The closest time would be when he said to kakashi "If it were me you were facing, this would take no time at all"
I dont really see that as showing off. He was just being blunt with kakashi, and it was the truth.
I will give you a hint, go and read the whole
Spoiler:

Quote:
But you need to remember that at that point, sasuke was not Narutos friend ^^. Infact naruto hated him lol. I agree with you 100% that sasuke is only human and made a mistake in trying to confirm his existance using naruto. I hold nothing against him. Thats why i said i dont hate Sasuke, i just dont think that hes the best thing since sliced bread.
There it is again. Naruto has all the excuses and Sasuke don't, so he can be forvigen/explained and the other no. This just prove even more that no matter what Naruto does, (he can do anything he wants) he has an excuse for being funny, while Sasuke has the real reason to do it, he is hated because he is not funny like Naruto, so lets killed Sasuke.

Quote:
I like naruto and sasuke equally. I mentioned a few posts back that the main thing i hate about naruto is that i get fed up with all his moralistic crap.
Let not forget show off and arrogance.

Quote:
Those people are idiots.
No, those people are a lot of ignorants and blind.

Quote:
Sorry if i came off like that. I wasnt tryin to bash sasuke and praise naruto. I was simply responding to something Id read. If someone posts lies about naruto, i will be just as quick to bash naruto.
Well, it look like, but don't woory about it

Quote:
My favourite character in the series is Itachi followed by Neji. But it may be become sasuke very soon.
Why? Because of his eyes.
I always loved the way Itachi's eyes were. He was never angry, never excited. His eyes were always quiet and sad.
Youll notice that Sasukes eyes have now become like that in the manga. Usually when sasuke is in fights or in a tense situation, he is always excited, angry, pumped up etc. But now he has turned into a mini-Itachi.
I love it.

It doesn't even matter if Sasuke become more like his brother, they will hate him even more for that. They just want Sasuke to be Naruto's bitch.

Sathu or whatever your name was, i know there is a error in my user name, it's missing an s at the end of Uchiha but there wasn't enough space to add that s. The way that your whole post sounded like, seems that you don't only hate Sasuke but those who defend him. Calm down fanboy.

Last edited by Last of the Uchiha; 2004-08-09 at 01:24.
Old 2004-08-09, 01:06   Link #897
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Last of the Uchiha.. this is all good, but again.. from episode 59 we see Naruto clearly admitting that his bravado is all an act to hide his own insecurities concerning his weakness.

Whereas.. Sasuke truly believes he is Naruto's better.

Old 2004-08-09, 01:32   Link #898
sheen

Quote:
Is it that he's growing because people are starting to notice him, or is it that people are noticing him because he is growing rapidly as a fine ninja?

I would like to think that people are noticing him due to his growth..
It seems to me that Naruto is slowly growing out of his "i want to be acknowledged" phase, and is settling into his "i will become hokage" phase. Its also good to see that Naruto has grown out of his cowardice after 80+ episodes.. as a character, he has made a steady transition.

Sasuke's character, on the other hand, has taken a nosedive.
From reading the manga, you realize that he has had an ulterior motive since day 1, which only makes him more contemptable.
No, what I mean to say is.

His course of action to get people to recognize him is to become a better ninja. Sasuke's course of action to kill Itachi is to train and become stronger. In Naruto's case, it's working for the best. People are noticing Naruto because he is indeed becoming a better ninja. But for Sasuke, everything is going downhill despite the fact that he has improved since the beginning.

Quote:
Last of the Uchiha.. this is all good, but again.. from episode 59 we see Naruto clearly admitting that his bravado is all an act to hide his own insecurities concerning his weakness.

Whereas.. Sasuke truly believes he is Naruto's better.
While at the beginning, Sasuke was a better ninja than Naruto.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-09, 01:36   Link #899
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Quote:
While at the beginning, Sasuke was a better ninja than Naruto.

Spoiler:
I agree.. but this is the difference between Naruto and Sasuke (and why Sasuke is, imo, arrogant).
Sasuke feels the need to challenge in order for him to feel good about himself and would never admit his insecurities, while Naruto openly confronts his own inner turmoil to Hinata.. someone who he is not particularily attached to.

Old 2004-08-09, 01:43   Link #900
sheen

Quote:
I agree.. but this is the difference between Naruto and Sasuke (and why Sasuke is, imo, arrogant).
Sasuke feels the need to challenge in order for him to feel good about himself and would never admit his insecurities, while Naruto openly confronts his own inner turmoil to Hinata.. someone who he is not particularily attached to.
Spoiler:

Sasuke isn't any more arrogant than Naruto is. In his insecurities (Naruto) he boasts and belittles other people. Sasuke isn't doing anything different; he's belittling Naruto.
Closed Thread