AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-30, 16:23   Link #121
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

We don't know if more rods necessarily gives you more power

Remember that they are sucking the life out of the user, so more is not necessarily a good thing.
Old 2010-04-30, 18:03   Link #122
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
hard to say actually....Beth should have the same potential as Alicia, more so then Luciella and Rafaela who were just ordinary sisters and not twins....Alicia was superior to Riful...Beth got infected.....and she died pretty quick.
JB, we've officially broken through to the other side, and it's snowing in hell! OMG, Shiek, you finally admitted Riful is weaker than Alicia? I remember the last time you excused Riful getting her ass kicked by Alicia as a result of the Destroyer's assault, so evidently you've had a change of heart on the matter.

It must have been when Riful was finally confirmed dead that the breakthrough was made...where Shiek realized that if sealed-yoki Alicia is stronger than human-form Riful, then the same was true of their Awakened forms. It's about time you acknowledged Alicia as the queen of the Abyssals (not counting Superabyssal beings) alongside Beth. Now, we can debate whether she was capable of beating Isley, but given her performance against Riful, I'd say it'd be a close thing. But with Beth backing her, Isley would probably die...

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-04-30, 18:04   Link #123
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Wait, what does the ad say about? Something about an artbook?
Old 2010-04-30, 18:29   Link #124
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
JB, we've officially broken through to the other side, and it's snowing in hell! OMG, Shiek, you finally admitted Riful is weaker than Alicia? I remember the last time you excused Riful getting her ass kicked by Alicia as a result of the Destroyer's assault, so evidently you've had a change of heart on the matter.

It must have been when Riful was finally confirmed dead that the breakthrough was made...where Shiek realized that if sealed-yoki Alicia is stronger than human-form Riful, then the same was true of their Awakened forms. It's about time you acknowledged Alicia as the queen of the Abyssals (not counting Superabyssal beings) alongside Beth. Now, we can debate whether she was capable of beating Isley, but given her performance against Riful, I'd say it'd be a close thing. But with Beth backing her, Isley would probably die...
Roflmao, you cheeky little....

Actually smart guy, I admitted this way back when; I think it was in the Riful club where I finally gave Alicia a higher position. I still think however that Isley is the strongest of the Abyssals, though who really knows.
Old 2010-04-30, 18:32   Link #125
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
We don't know if more rods necessarily gives you more power

Remember that they are sucking the life out of the user, so more is not necessarily a good thing.
Then how do u explain the fact that Destoyer Dauf did more damage 2 Priscilla, Than what Isley did?
Old 2010-04-30, 18:34   Link #126
kitten320

She kinda allowed it, didn't she?
Old 2010-04-30, 18:42   Link #127
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Then how do u explain the fact that Destoyer Dauf did more damage 2 Priscilla, Than what Isley did?
Could be an exponential growth thing, who knows.

We really know very very little concrete proof on the Rods and what they do on their victims.
Old 2010-04-30, 18:56   Link #128
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Um... not familiar with the polish series "The witcher". Link please. You got me interested.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_witcher

Pretty much same concept of claymore. Hybrid warriors with silver hair and catlike eyes (look exactly like claymores yoma eyes) when using powers and are despised by most humans. They are used to fight monsters. But unlike Claymore witchers are male. They all carry a sword that is used to fight monsters.

The main character Geralt of Rivia is like a non bishie version of Isley of the North. Who also takes on a girl (Though because being a girl cannot become a witcher) as a charge. So pretty much a gender swapped claymore or set during the male era of claymores take your pick

Quote:
Where all the villagers she ate infected? Thought the details of that where unclear. We know she ate them but not if they where infected before or after she started to feed. For all we know she ate there corpses after the Hellcats killed them or maybe she went crazy the moment she released some yoki and ate them before the Hellcats could kill/infect anyone. We just don't know.
She comments that they weren't very tasty. Now we know from AB's claymores are not tasty due to being hybrids, so its not a longshot to guess that the humans were not tasty because they were infected.

Quote:
I considered mentioning the stragglers and the hidden villages but choose not to since they where mostly irrelevant to the plot. Though your right the org likely would consider them a direct threat.
Fair enough

Quote:
Hmm... likely infected AEs, infected yoma, infected ABs, and infected humans will start to wonder the lands just killing everything in site. So normal people looking for a safe haven isn't that far off, hidden villages will likely stay safe (except from flying yoma and a hellcat barrage).

The North is gone, the South is on its way, the West is having hell pour fourth onto there lands... leaving only the East and central lands vastly untouched. Now if memory serves much of the East near the org is gone but there are some villages due likely there due to the "field trips" young Teresa took.

Time skip would be only a few months at best... if it occurs. Too much going on in the story right now for a huge time jump.
Yea I agree about length of time if there was a timeskip but personally I think the south is fine for now and in a better state than the west (the only place that hasn't had either Isleys troops or Raciela's barrages). Its possible some people will seek safe haven but i'm not so sure about a mass of people constantly streaming into Rabona.

Personally the south has a better chance of surviving than Rabona due to the fact that Rabona is in the west (and will likely face a barrage of monsters).

AB's for the most part are close to exterminated due to the org needing Abyssal feeders. So we won't be seeing any of them. AE's are going to be trouble but Dietrich seemed sure she could control them so prehaps not to much trouble. What human infected are like we just don't know (could be something as simple as zombie like creatures to full out monsters) even though we will see Raki i'm sure due to the orgs experimentation it will be totally different than a human left on their own to transform (kinda like Kensei from bleach a total monster with his hollow form but when he became a vaizard got his personality back)
Old 2010-04-30, 19:02   Link #129
MisterJB
Warden of the West

So, lots of fanservice and Dauf is six feet under, this time for good. All in all, a very good chapter.
Old 2010-04-30, 19:05   Link #130
Ulquihorror

We also know nothing about everything that happens in claymore. It's all speculations, but you see, it seems that the appearance of Duph with the rods on him and Priscilla's disfigurement correlated at one point.

I wonder why you're taking such an approach now, considering that a looooong time ago, you and that other dude were arguing about Isley being stronger than Luciella and Riful rather fallaciously. Keep it this way, lols

Last edited by Ulquihorror; 2010-04-30 at 19:43.
Old 2010-04-30, 19:08   Link #131
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
We also know nothing about everything that happens in claymore. It's all speculations, but you see, it seems that the appearance of Duph with the rods on him and Priscilla's disfigurement correlated at one point.

I wonder why you're taking such an approach now, considering that a looooong time ago, you and that other dude were arguing about Isley being stronger than Luciella and Riful rather fallaciously. Keep it this way, lols
umm we know Isley was stronger than Lucelia (he beat her in a fight and was able to maintain his awakened form).

Isley vs Riful is another story but could still see Isley coming out on top, so its not "fallaciously" its based on facts
Old 2010-04-30, 19:15   Link #132
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
She comments that they weren't very tasty. Now we know from AB's claymores are not tasty due to being hybrids, so its not a longshot to guess that the humans were not tasty because they were infected.
If memory serves, she only says Riful will probably not taste good - the only thing she says about the villagers is that they weren't enough.
Old 2010-04-30, 19:26   Link #133
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
If memory serves, she only says Riful will probably not taste good - the only thing she says about the villagers is that they weren't enough.
page 12-13 chapter 99 she says they are not very tasty
Old 2010-04-30, 19:40   Link #134
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
page 12-13 chapter 99 she says they are not very tasty
That's the part I meant. She says:

ano mura no shuunin no mono dake ja zenzen tarinai no watashi...
only the people of the village were nowhere enough for me.

*kills Riful*
oshikunakutemo kono sai gaman suru wa
[you] may not be tasty, but in this case, I'll put up with it.
Old 2010-04-30, 19:41   Link #135
Ulquihorror

Well during Isley's battle against Luciella, she ran away, exhausted, and he stayed exhausted. Both transformed back to their human forms. Maybe that was because Luciella was more of a defensive warrior than Isley was. You can't really have an absolute conclusion on their own individual strengths, so it's all speculation.
Old 2010-04-30, 19:43   Link #136
kitten320

Isley was also older and more experienced.
Old 2010-04-30, 19:43   Link #137
evil_kenshin

Quote:
That's the part I meant. She says:

ano mura no shuunin no mono dake ja zenzen tarinai no watashi...
only the people of the village were nowhere enough for me.

*kills Riful*
oshikunakutemo kono sai gaman suru wa
[you] may not be tasty, but in this case, I'll put up with it.
You could be right and its a translation error ;she could even be referring to Beth just the version I have has it said in a way that makes it seem like its referring to the villagers but I'll drop this for now since your more than likely right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
Well during Isley's battle against Luciella, she ran away, exhausted, and he stayed exhausted. Both transformed back to their human forms. Maybe that was because Luciella was more of a defensive warrior than Isley was. You can't really have an absolute conclusion on their own individual strengths, so it's all speculation.
Isley i'm pretty sure is defensive (healing mid battle outside Priscilla who is an offensive but heals due to how much yoki her body contains no other AB as far as I know has shown to heal mid battle). So due to his healing his more of a superior defensive one.
Old 2010-04-30, 19:47   Link #138
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Quote:
You could be right and its a translation error ;she could even be referring to Beth just the version I have has it said in a way that makes it seem like its referring to the villagers but I'll drop this for now since your more than likely right.

Isley i'm pretty sure is defensive (healing mid battle outside Priscilla who is an offensive but heals due to how much yoki her body contains no other AB as far as I know has shown to heal mid battle). So due to his healing his more of a superior defensive one.
Finally someone who agrees with me on Isley being a defensive type.
Old 2010-04-30, 19:52   Link #139
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
I've been saying that it was a translation error since chapter 99.
Old 2010-04-30, 19:59   Link #140
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Finally someone who agrees with me on Isley being a defensive type.
Well its the most logical guess based on healing feats.

Isley has never been in any of the databooks and those that are already AB's when we meet them are not classified into Offensive/Defensive (Though we know Rigardo and Duaf are offensive due to the story). So its guesswork but Isley we were given some proof of what type he is.

Quote:
I've been saying that it was a translation error since chapter 99.
Must of forgot But yea you have a better grasp of the language than me so has to be (hopefully the official manga volume will be more clear on its meaning though they have stuffed up before)
Closed Thread