AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 23 43.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 22.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 24.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-04, 04:56   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Kami nomi/TWGOK II ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about the DVD only footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting

• Which kind of footage (DVD only) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2011-07-04, 07:21   Link #2
Sumeragi
Banned

A very good representation of what the Manga is, plus the higher quality.
Old 2011-07-04, 08:26   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

7/10

Just a continuation of the previous season.
Compared to the previous season though, the heroines were a lot less interesting. The only one I really have a complaint with is that teacher's arc. Her character is okay, but they so forcibly ended that arc of hers with just "Do what you want!". OP and ED were also worse...

And as always, the episodes that don't focus on a heroine tends to be the most entertaining, mysteriously.

In general, it was okay. The manga-ka's tweets tend to be more entertaining than the anime though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-07-04, 10:06   Link #4
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I'd give it a solid a 9.5/10 despite my preferring the girls of the previous season overall[slightly] and the weaker OP; I really have to admit I felt like the atmosphere, pace, and execution this time was handled very well, except for maybe one of the Haqua episodes which was one of the factors preventing me from giving this season a 10[I voted a 9], overall I really enjoyed the second season and felt they kept the solid animation and BGM from the original too.
MAL
Old 2011-07-04, 13:15   Link #5
katsudon
Part Time Translator

9.5/10 it's school days without the hate for the hero, and he can have his cake and eat it too.

Japanzai TL - Working!!, Listen to Papa, Mayo Chiki,Btooom, Ore No XXXXX, Maga-Tsuki, Amagami
Old 2011-07-04, 14:54   Link #6
Kyouka
Is Here

I want a season3 lol
Old 2011-07-18, 04:06   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

what else I can say??? I don't really like Chihiro and Nagase's capturing but this anime has done it EPICly....

I'll give 10/10 for this
and yeah for the season 3 teaser!!
Old 2011-11-07, 19:08   Link #8
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I will readily admit that my expectations for Kami Nomi II weren't exactly stellar, as though the first season was enjoyable, it wasn't at the point where I thought it would warrant a sequel.

The improvements were few, but were significant.

I often rant that the biggest problem with the first season is the predictability of the heroines, something that the follow-up has managed to address to an extent. A character will either not fit into any particular mold, or the mold itself is so elaborate that you could liken it to a maze.

However, the biggest surprise was the modicum of development given to Elsie. We see a relatively serious side to a gal who up until this point was just a sidekick, find out a little more about her background, and are consequently introduced to a rather interesting twist for a character foil in Haqua. Her debut also brings in the thought that the task of capturing the Loose Souls may not be as easy as Keima deducing the route for a heroine, and given the information she divulges, it is perhaps a sign of a continuing narrative that could be around the corner.

And unfortunately, after being teased with the possibility of an overarching story, it's something I'm looking forward to for the third season. Kami Nomi looks to be getting better, but there's too much potential to simply pass up.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2011-11-07, 19:21   Link #9
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
I will readily admit that my expectations for Kami Nomi II weren't exactly stellar, as though the first season was enjoyable, it wasn't at the point where I thought it would warrant a sequel.

The improvements were few, but were significant.

I often rant that the biggest problem with the first season is the predictability of the heroines, something that the follow-up has managed to address to an extent. A character will either not fit into any particular mold, or the mold itself is so elaborate that you could liken it to a maze.

However, the biggest surprise was the modicum of development given to Elsie. We see a relatively serious side to a gal who up until this point was just a sidekick, find out a little more about her background, and are consequently introduced to a rather interesting twist for a character foil in Haqua. Her debut also brings in the thought that the task of capturing the Loose Souls may not be as easy as Keima deducing the route for a heroine, and given the information she divulges, it is perhaps a sign of a continuing narrative that could be around the corner.

And unfortunately, after being teased with the possibility of an overarching story, it's something I'm looking forward to for the third season. Kami Nomi looks to be getting better, but there's too much potential to simply pass up.
Am glad you enjoyed it Akito!

Do you follow the manga too? Or is that medium "not your cup of tea"? Part of what makes the two TWGOK seasons so well done (for me at least) is their faithfulness to the printed source while adding in little tiny "extras" not in the manga to emphasize or bring out aspects of the characters that were not so clear.

Anyway - you might consider giving the manga a try if you have not already.
Old 2011-11-22, 00:30   Link #10
WhiteWings

The anime series and manga series is suprisingly good. You'd think just about every theme, characters, storylines, cliches and etc have been overused by now. And yet the series goes well.

Sure, the anime series is going slow but it's better than force feeding filler arcs like Bleach. I like(d) Bleach and the filler arcs in the anime series was great but the way they kept intruding out of nowhere in the 'main' storyline drove me nuts.

The series isn't revolutionary. It isn't spectacular to the point of breathtaking. But they seem to work.
Old 2012-04-21, 08:37   Link #11
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I just did a first time viewing marathon of both 1st and 2nd seasons. Not sure why I missed them both before, however, I have to say that I really enjoyed this series. The premise is quite interesting.

I in a bit of a toss up between Chihiro and Hagase as my favorite arcs with close follow ups with Haqua and Shiori (I've got a thing for librarian girls).

Elsie cracks me up.

Endless "Firetrucks" Soul
Old 2012-04-21, 10:35   Link #12
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I just did a first time viewing marathon of both 1st and 2nd seasons. Not sure why I missed them both before, however, I have to say that I really enjoyed this series. The premise is quite interesting.

I in a bit of a toss up between Chihiro and Hagase as my favorite arcs with close follow ups with Haqua and Shiori (I've got a thing for librarian girls).

Elsie cracks me up.

Endless "Firetrucks" Soul
Before I bludgeon you to death with a weighted-cap Mont Blanc, stay away from Hakua and Shiori. My waifus.

Of course, the fire truck has a deeper meaning to it because of its natural characteristics. It is kind of interesting most of the people watching the anime or reading the manga don't realise it until told.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-21, 11:41   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Before I bludgeon you to death with a weighted-cap Mont Blanc, stay away from Hakua and Shiori. My waifus.

Of course, the fire truck has a deeper meaning to it because of its natural characteristics. It is kind of interesting most of the people watching the anime or reading the manga don't realise it until told.
-Pulls chain around SaintessHeart collar.-

Bad SaintessHeart! Bad!

Sumeragi onee-sama is going to teach you how to be a good imouto! Now come!
Old 2012-04-21, 19:42   Link #14
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
... stay away from Hakua and Shiori.
While she's pretty nice, especially as a Librarian, she doesn't have glasses. Wearing glasses is almost a requirement to be a Librarian. Contacts don't count. So Mistress Sumeragi can have her. She's always taking your waifus anyways.

Endless "Stay away" Soul
Old 2012-04-29, 13:15   Link #15
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

when i first read synopsis about this series ,i just started to watch for some anime time pass

but i realized this anime is so good ,i got hooked up right from the first episode and watched both seasons continously
it is one of the few series where i have seen really nice romance
and the comedy in it is awsome ,and the characters are great....

it is one of the best romance comedy i have seen....
Old 2012-08-06, 17:19   Link #16
S332666460

Awsome i want season 3 i love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-03-13, 11:31   Link #17
Haiprbim
Banned

I think the second season was amazing, just like the first one. I gave it a 10. :D
Awaiting the third one now!
Closed Thread