AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-15, 14:15   Link #121
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was hoping for a mecha update on the site about the pre-Yamato Earth ships.

Or Desler's voice actor. (though I don't expect to hear him until the second episode collection).
Old 2012-03-15, 14:31   Link #122
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...e-english-subs

Crud, now I will have to look for the bluray while I'm in Tokyo. Yay for subs!
For those of you who know him and his work, Quarkboy said in the ANN thread for the article that he and his team will be doing the translation work.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 16:06   Link #123
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Couldy ou give us some context as to who Quarkboy is?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 16:24   Link #124
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah, I have no clue on that one either.
Old 2012-03-15, 16:58   Link #125
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
For those of you who know him and his work, Quarkboy said in the ANN thread for the article that he and his team will be doing the translation work.
Could you share a link to said thread please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Couldy ou give us some context as to who Quarkboy is?
Official translator. Does a lot of work for Crunchyroll. Quarkboy is also a member of this forum.
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=6356
Old 2012-03-15, 17:02   Link #126
LKK

Quarkboy is a native English speaker currently living in Tokyo working as a professional translator. His current sig lists some of the titles he and his team have worked on.
Quote:
Now on DVD: Shigofumi, Uta~Kata, Nyankoi!, Guin Saga, Welcome to Irabu's office , Tatami Galaxy, Kaiba
Coming Soon: Himawari, Dennou Coil (R4)
Summer 2011: Fairy Tail, Beelzebub, Toriko, Sket Dance Producing: Cardfight Vanguard, Usagi Drop, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, Uta no Prince-sama, Blood-C, Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel, Dantalian no Shoka, R-15
I know that list isn't complete, but that'll give you some idea of what he's done.

ETA: Link to thread for Shiroth. Linkee On ANN, his user name is "samuelp".

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2012-03-15 at 17:04. Reason: added link
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 17:34   Link #127
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oh.

Of the ANN list of his work, I think I've seen only two of those. But those were an interesting two:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
and
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Old 2012-03-16, 00:35   Link #128
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Seems that they have patches now. Probably based on the crew's new unit patches. They look like a cross between Military Unit patches and NASA Mission patches.

http://yamato2199.net/showinfo.html
(at the middle of the page)

Seems the pre-EDF is now called the UNCF (United Nations Cosmo Force). Though "Force" is a guess. One patch has a definate "Cosmo Navy" on it with the now traditional anchor. There are patches mostly for Yamato and her Cosmo Falcons (the "Black Tigers" in the old show). But also a patch for the Yukikaze (Kodai's older brother's ship) There is only one Japanese character on any of the patches and it is on both the Cosmo Falcom patches.

Also on that page is some artwork that looks like one of the more advanced Gamilon battleships. It looks a lot bigger than I remember. But then I don't think it was ever shown side by side with Yamato before. The book I have says it is almost 20 meters longer than Yamato. But in that artwork, it looks a little longer than just 20 meters more.
(Yamato use to be 265.8 meters long and this battleship was 285 meters long. New data suggests they made Yamato longer in this series...maybe as long as 333 meters).

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-03-16 at 01:36.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 01:11   Link #129
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

English subtitles....CONFIRMED.

Yamato 2199, 1st Gundam Film BDs to Have English Subs - News - Anime News Network
Old 2012-03-16, 05:24   Link #130
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
Check back a page, it's already been posted.
Old 2012-03-22, 04:21   Link #131
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2012-03-22, 04:40   Link #132
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The positions and names on the three stripes (in English) in an interesting feature of the uniforms.
Old 2012-03-22, 09:58   Link #133
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The positions and names on the three stripes (in English) in an interesting feature of the uniforms.
Perhaps now a days they're a bit more conscious about not making the Star Force the Imperial Japanese Navy in Space. So even though all the characters still have Japanese names, they're putting english names in more.
Old 2012-03-22, 21:12   Link #134
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I seem to recall, at least by the Second Season, that most of the data on the Yamato and other Earth ship's screens was in English. Sometimes poor English, but still English

(The promo for the 2009 film had the great Engrish mistake of "Fragship Blue Noah". They corrected it my the time of release. Though given what happens to the ship (and most Earth ships in general) "fragship" might not be far from the truth.)

I just realized that April 7th is also Easter weekend (aside from the anniversary of Yamato sinking in 1945)....more potental symbolism if anyone wanted to make it. As one can guess that someone who purchases a BD at the theater on the 7th might just do something to let some of the rest of us see it by the Easter Sunday (the 8th).

(Also realizing that Kodai is being played by the same actor that voice Hosaka in Minami-ke...there are so many things that could go weird with Ono Daisuki in this role...yet also so many things that could go right, as he does have a fair range. It might have been funny if he was playing Shima Daisuki.)

------------------------------------
For Pixiv: Mori Yuki is of course still far ahead, but the older blue uniformed woman is ahead presently in fanart or the other new members, with the new nurse starting to catch up due to fanservice potential of her nurses uniform. The other two women are about equal with I think Akira being slightly ahead due to her being made in the same pose twice with different color uniforms, and her connection to an existing character.

Some clever people have even been adapting the new uniform style to other characters. Sasha has been done with the new uniforms. (And in a K-On parody, Sawako suggests dressing up Mio like Sasha, even if Mio has black hair instead of blonde)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-03-23 at 14:33.
Old 2012-03-25, 04:52   Link #135
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Frankly it warms my heart that Japan is taking a liking to this Megane Christmas cake in a bob cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Some clever people have even been adapting the new uniform style to other characters. Sasha has been done with the new uniforms. (And in a K-On parody, Sawako suggests dressing up Mio like Sasha, even if Mio has black hair instead of blonde)
I've only see the ones with Asuka (eva) and Misaka (Railgun) in the Starforce uniform. Where'd you find these?
Old 2012-03-25, 12:54   Link #136
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Pixiv. Poking around under the japanese characters for "Yamato" ヤマト then "2199".

Mio wasn't in the uniform, but there was an image of Sasha followed by Sawako holding up said uniform for Mio to get into, with the reactions of the other band members around her. (Nodoka seemed worried, Mio's stalker approves. Azusa and Mio don't approve. Mugi is smilig as normal. Ritsu and Yui are very for this outfit). サーシャ

They in now the inevitable crossover. Niimi (blue haired christmas cake as you say) dressed as Sailor Mercury with Yamato in the background (at Aquarious....Final Yamato).
Old 2012-03-26, 03:41   Link #137
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

According to the translator thingy, someplace to showing the first 10 minutes of the first episode.

Quote:

『宇宙戦艦ヤマト2199』第一章 冒頭10分 無料配信!

4月7日から上映を開始する『宇宙戦艦ヤマト2199』第一章「遥かなる旅立ち」の
冒頭約10分の映像をなんと上映に先駆けて、ひかりTVで無料公開いたします!
迫力ある映像と世界観をぜひご覧下さい。

「冥王星沖会戦」の戦闘シーンは本当に何度も見たくなりますよ。

詳しくはこちら

(Google's version)

Free delivery for 10 minutes at the beginning the first chapter "Space Battleship Yamato 2199"!

To start the screening from April 7, the first chapter of "Space Battleship Yamato 2199" "Journey Far Away"
Prior to the screening about a whopping 10 minutes of video at the beginning, we will freely in TV light!
Please see the video and powerful view of the world.

The battle scene of "battle off the coast of Pluto" is I will really want to see again and again.

Learn more ⇒

However I was unable to access it (likely due to not knowing what was being asked or whatever). I also don't know what http://www.hikaritv.net is.

There was other news about a radio broadbast and special screenings.

(...There are only 12 days left...)
Old 2012-03-28, 16:50   Link #138
August138

Salutations!

Here's NTT's English page for Hikari TV!

From Starblazers.com: Another first happened on February 17 when the Yamato 2199 Production Committee announced an alliance with Japan's online Hikari TV to stream the movies online. [The first ten minutes of] "The Long Voyage" will actually make its world premiere in this format, streaming for six days from March 28 to the first 3,000 subscribers... Shown here is Hikari's homepage for the signup, which expires March 16.

Hikari TV's YAMATO: 2199 page!

As for the radio show, "YRA Radio Yamato", has started on internet radio station, Onsen, featuring two of the VAs, doing the show in character, as if they are confiding in each other aboard the Yamato.Here's the Onsen Radio Website!

To keep up with all of the YAMATO: 2199 happenings, in English, check out the Official Starblazers Website! You can even find more of our updates (some daily) at the Official Starblazers Community on Facebook!

Hope this helps!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-03-28 at 22:33.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 14:56   Link #139
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Thank you, though I will likely have to find another way or wait.
(And I loath waiting for something like this...even if there are only 9 days left).
Old 2012-03-30, 01:00   Link #140
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

http://yamato2199.net/mecha/index.html

Massive Mecha update.

The old Pre-Yamato Earth ships and the Gamilon warships in the Sol System.

Nice detailing verse their 1974 versions.

Since whole card is a picture I can't run it though any random internet translator.

The Flagship (555 instead of 225 now) is a lot bigger than it used to be claimed to be years ago.
205 meters long (about 672 feet and 7 inches)
(1 x 36 cm bow gun? (14 inch guns)
4 x 36 cm turrets (triple mounts)
8 missile launchers
16 somethings?
and something else)

The Destroyer type isn't all that much bigger.
80 meters long (about 262 feet and 6 inches)
(2 x 12.7 cm bow guns? (5 inch guns)
2 x 12.7 cm turrets (triple mounts)
3 torpedo tubes
8 something or others?)

The new ship (I think it says it is an older style battleship...older than the 555 in design) looks good. Looks like it could have kept up with the Gamilons if the Earth had numbers on their side.
152 meters long (a little over 498 feet and 8 inches)
(1 x 20 cm bow gun? (8 inch guns)
3 x 20 cm turrets (twin mounts)
4 missles launchers)

The Gamilons are still using the same types as before. Just more detailed.

Since the carrier is shown, I guess that part will be in the second episode...or at least have it shown to have launched those fighters seen in the trailer. Yamato might not engage it this time around, depending on how they compress episodes two and three of the 1974 run together.

I like the changes to the flying wing design, and am every curious what all the little ports are on all the gamilon ships (one assumes missiles or anti-fighter weapons).

Additional Gamilon details provided via Musashi Enterprises:

Quote:
Gamilons

S Type BB 350m

New Battlecruiser 270m

New Cruiser 240m

New DD 160m

"I also believe that Bandai has announced that it will handle the production of toys and models."
Those are a lot bigger than they use to be. (The S-Type use to be 270 m and the other three were all 72 m).

Space Battleship Yamato is herself 333m long these days (or the length of a Nimitz-class Carrier)

I am way too excited by this.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-03-30 at 10:50. Reason: details, english messurements.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato