AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-06, 00:05   Link #21
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Yay, page 2. Underrated anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiEatsRainbows View Post
Am I the only one that found the animation to be terrible? They didn't seem to put much effort into it, imo. Idk, I found the first episode to be alright though. I'll stick around.
I kinda like it since the raggy male protagonist is drawn bad. The girls are drawn good.
Seems intentional and part of the art.

After finishing the episode I still have my eyes on those characters. Wish I knew the name of the later.

Last edited by Nvis; 2012-04-06 at 00:31.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 03:11   Link #22
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well yeah , nothing special except that the Male lead had already a girlfriend before , but is it a male lead or a random people? I don't see him in OP & ED.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 07:30   Link #23
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well yeah , nothing special except that the Male lead had already a girlfriend before , but is it a male lead or a random people? I don't see him in OP & ED.
I thought at first he was the male lead but after seeing the end I guess he's just a random person.

The show is nothing special but it's good at what it does,I'll stick around next week to hear some Hanakana
Old 2012-04-06, 09:14   Link #24
Utsuro no Hako

Well, it didn't suck as much as I expected -- though since I expected it to be the worst show of the season, that's not saying much. The male lead was competent and didn't spout blood when he saw Oda naked, and Oda didn't pound him into the ground and actually behaved reasonably most of the time, so that alone puts it ahead of Medaka Box.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 10:05   Link #25
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It's not bad at all. I'm not aching to see the next episode, but the episode wasn't really that offensive or anything either.

I hope it becomes a harem.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 15:51   Link #26
Nerroth
NePoi!

I wonder if any of the characters will be shown going to a museum, or otherwise reading up on how history recorded their fates; and how Japan developed in the time between their era and the present day?

Also, I don't see a counterpart to Toyotomi Hideyoshi listed for this series; I wonder if the omission is intentional or not. (That might depend on how the connection to the past is handled; did the other characters disappear from their original eras at different points in time, or is there some sort of Terra Nova-like "present-day in the past" thing going on?)
Old 2012-04-06, 20:56   Link #27
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I thought at first he was the male lead but after seeing the end I guess he's just a random person.

The show is nothing special but it's good at what it does,I'll stick around next week to hear some Hanakana
No wonder he was drawn badly!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 21:12   Link #28
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this is that bad a girl falling out of a sky and smashing into a guy driving on a scooter
Old 2012-04-07, 15:21   Link #29
00Coyote

The first episode was surprisingly decent. Nothing spectacular, but I wasn't looking down at the progress bar, wondering if it was almost over.

Animation was a bit limited, character designs, while generic 'girls in outlandish clothes, showing skin' wasn't too bad. This version of Nobunaga Oda while a bit arrogant, wasn't grating to watch or listen to.

I think I'll boil my impression of episode 1 down to 'entertaining' and we'll see what episode 2 has in store.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 15:09   Link #30
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Watched episode 01. Nothing really special. I'll probably give it another episode or so to see how it goes.
This was exactly my reaction.

Although later on when I was thinking of an alternate dimensional female Nobunaga I must admit that I kinda shrugged inside - for now I don't think I will be actively following this one.

Of course it may change over the next few eps. One of the things I liked was the interplay between the two main charas - it was kinda innocent and refreshing in a simple sort of way. If only the Nobunaga thing was not thrown in to mess up my brain.

For now though I will remove this from my actively following list, I think.
Old 2012-04-09, 01:19   Link #31
Echoes

Well butter my biscuit, this was incredibly enjoyable.

I like the cutesy, round artystyle, and the characters look colorful and brimming with life. Nobunaga was a riot, so many fun little moment with her throughout the episode. That's probably my only complaint, I wish this wasn't a compilation thing with different leads, I want me some more of that Nobunaga pronto. She's awfully sexy too, to go along with that great personality. (Speaking of sexy, that dark-skinned incarnation of Date Masamune in the credits.. just gorgeous.)

This is sort of a reverse Sengoku Otome, with them coming to our time-period instead of the other way around. Looking forward to seeing if the next episode can match the enjoyment this one provided. I doubt it, given my instant infatuation with Nobunaga, but if it's half as good, that'll still be fine in my book.
Old 2012-04-09, 14:20   Link #32
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
This way better than what I expected.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 13:16   Link #33
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:

I'll also give a theory :
Spoiler for My own theory about the series:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 16:27   Link #34
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
[SPOILER="Episode 2"]
Spoiler for My own theory about the series:
I was thinking along the same lines.
Old 2012-04-12, 17:21   Link #35
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
I'm not quite sure how to feel about this one yet. I found Ieyasu to be quite charming and innocent, and I have a typical attraction to characters of adorable or cute nature if pulled off right and not done in a manner where it's 'pointless moe', but rather, 'moe with a purpose'.

I'll watch the next episode, but I don't have my hopes up. I came expecting a twist on the usual and well overdone Sengoku-era premise, and got a reverse Sengoku Otome as mentioned earlier. Sengoku Otome had nice art, a decent soundtrack, a pretty nice opening single, but it still lacked a special kind of pizazz. It was charming, but it wasn't 'on fire' in my books. This series seems like it'll be equally as charming and worth a nice mindless watch, but whether or not I can stomach the pacing (because they just kind of ended the introduction of a character [well, her apparent main purpose] as soon as she arrived) is up to debate.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 18:17   Link #36
Midonin
Last Engage

emotO ukogneS 02 - THE IEY@SU

So we have an anthology on our hands. Been a while since I've seen one. For the most part, episode 2 seemed to play out like a highly condensed version of The iDOLM@STER. The entire series. It's a story that's been seen many times before, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. That means the storyline's been streamlined to an art form. If anything, I'm more surprised that it happened with Ieyasu.

Now for my Sengoku Otome comparison. Hanazawa's Ieyasu is pretty much the polar opposite from Akesaka's Ieyasu. Akesaka's was the final villain of the series, and her cute side was only a facade. Hanazawa's Ieyasu was all cute. But then again, she's not in a warzone, and a person is defined by their environment as much as anything.

Those final few moments with the miko trio and Nobunaga stealing Ieyasu's... er... soul orb were kinda trippy, but did show there's something of a plot going on here. The show's keeping up its streak of being nicely entertaining.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 18:47   Link #37
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ohh looks interesting the characters look cute.
Gives me a break from the pretty boys of Sengoku Basara.
Old 2012-04-12, 21:40   Link #38
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so this week we have another one travel to modern world.

indeed give sure this is so like sengoku otome of this year this time modern world version.

& learning idol biz quite indeed bit hmm & really tough biz.

oh next ep mam noto & mai nakahara.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 13:36   Link #39
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

I half expected the producer to turn out to be an AV scout, but no such luck.

The contrast between the moeblob designs of the girls and the sharper character designs rest of the modern world is interesting, especially this episode between Ieyasu and Rosary.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 20:12   Link #40
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I am disappointed there was no "yuri" between Ieyasu & Rosary! But ya, I like the unique setting and the character differences like Turkeypotpie pointed out ^

Tags
adventure, fantasy, historical, shounen