AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-21, 06:00   Link #19041
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
There should be a SS about Stiyl playing Basket ball, that'd be so awesome.
He might ended up burning the ball or the enemy
Old 2012-07-21, 06:00   Link #19042
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Come to think of it, if they were to hang around together Komoe-sensei should normally the one to be arrested, not Stiyl , the poor guy has it hard.
There should be a SS about Stiyl playing Basket ball, that'd be so awesome.
Aren't his physical abilities rather weak? He spent years into researching and creating a new rune + Innocentius to protect Index, I just don't see how he could exercise during that time.
Old 2012-07-21, 07:21   Link #19043
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Oh yes he can, or else he couldn't be able to run all around the place all day while fighting guys like Pendex or Richard Brave . He'd be Ko-ed easily after being shoved a few times though ...
Old 2012-07-21, 08:40   Link #19044
tsunade666

Actually Awrya is right about Styl's physical condition is rather weak but not really weak but maybe above average but below those athletic people.

In battle with Oriana, Style regrets himself his lack of strength. He focus more on studying than improving his own strength because unlike saints or gifted people. Styl isn't really suited for his magic.
The explanation of Bardway that the magician will do what ever it takes to complete their goal applies to Styl well. His not good with magic and no magic history but he wanted to protect Index. Thus he started learning his own way and even find a magic that can be used by him but since he is not really magically genius or good at it. He spends lot of time mastering it and studying it that it ends with he is totally dependent on it.

His your typical mage in an RPG game that has high intelligence with low stamina with normal or average strength value. He sacrifice other aspects to reach his goal thus making him a perfect image of a mage.

Saints aren't really your perfect image of magicians because they are OP and doesn't suffer much in their statuses. Its like they are well balance fighters than an image of fragile but high powered artillery mage.

Another perfect image of Mage is Fiamma. His so darn OP that he doesn't even strength in his hands to kill you. Thus when he got falcon punch he ended up being blown away.
Old 2012-07-21, 09:20   Link #19045
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Another perfect image of Mage is Fiamma. His so darn OP that he doesn't even strength in his hands to kill you. Thus when he got falcon punch he ended up being blown away.
Actually, most magicians are blown away by Touma's falcon punch
Even Kanzaki in Vol. 1, but that was more her being pushed by his spirit.
Old 2012-07-21, 09:49   Link #19046
tsunade666

The I see things is if Touma is punching someone like Aqua. He is punching a reinforced wall while if you compare it to a glass like Fiamma or Aurrelus which will be shattered thus when I also hear the sound effects of Imagine Breaker on negating an ability which is shattered glass. Its very fitting image for it. So far among all the opponents that Touma had by which he won are the types that are not physically strong or if they are strong. They are enhanced by magic or boosted by ability or magic. The only one who is physically buffed and full on muscles if Fiamma and Tsuchimikado with his martial arts lay waste on Touma and he also doesn't rely on ability or magic thus making it a fight with physical strength in line. Kaori lay waste on Touma too.
Old 2012-07-21, 17:57   Link #19047
Twi

Quote:
Come to think of it, if they were to hang around together Komoe-sensei should normally the one to be arrested, not Stiyl , the poor guy has it hard.
*Komoe & Stiyl walking when a police comes right as one of Touma's unfortunate accidents lands the pair in a compromising position*

Police: Alright, you're coming with us. Honestly, a man your age with a kindergartener.

Stiyl: I'm 14 and she's old enough to drink!

Police: A likely story, come on.

Technically, her crush on Touma should call in a lot of questions for someone in a teaching profession, but let's face it, she has to be the most innocent looking person next to Last Order in this series...

In fact, why don't we have an image of those two side by side?
Old 2012-07-21, 18:53   Link #19048
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^They met for a second in volume 12 remember? Last Order thought that Komoe was a research subject and pitied her for the terrible life she must be leading
Old 2012-07-22, 00:47   Link #19049
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Yeah sort of, they were approximatively of the same size.

About the "innocent looking Komoe", yeah, I have to admit they worked hard to keep that appearance of hers clean (image/anime wise) ... one of the good reason why all the stuffs written in the novels can't be animated. Stiyl and her and should really be good smoking buddies ... oh wait, JC successfully showed a minor (Stiyl) smoking several times on TV without probs?!!!
Old 2012-07-22, 00:49   Link #19050
Sumeragi
Banned

They never mentioned Stiyl's age in the anime, did they?
Old 2012-07-22, 01:25   Link #19051
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
They never mentioned Stiyl's age in the anime, did they?
They didn't
Old 2012-07-22, 01:27   Link #19052
desrtsku
Nympholept

Those b*st*rds!
Old 2012-07-22, 01:28   Link #19053
Sumeragi
Banned

Hence it can't be a problem, given that what is portrayed on TV and not the original source decides whether smoking can be shown.
Old 2012-07-22, 07:08   Link #19054
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
*Komoe & Stiyl walking when a police comes right as one of Touma's unfortunate accidents lands the pair in a compromising position*

Police: Alright, you're coming with us. Honestly, a man your age with a kindergartener.

Stiyl: I'm 14 and she's old enough to drink!

Police: A likely story, come on.
And there's also the question of Stiyl being able to cast spells that make people go away from the area and act as if nothing happened, a.k.a "people clearing spell". I don't know whether it'll be of any help if the above happened but I'm pretty sure he has something up his sleeves that enables him to just walk away if he needs to.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-07-22, 08:58   Link #19055
desrtsku
Nympholept

It must be really convenient to be a magician, you can act like a lolicon and get away with it.
Old 2012-07-22, 10:04   Link #19056
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
It must be really convenient to be a magician, you can act like a lolicon and get away with it.
Just asking but, what are you doing with those Opila Runes in your hands?
Old 2012-07-22, 12:22   Link #19057
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ It's not what you think it is, I never entered a Kindergarten full of loli by myself with such people clearing runes to get the teachers and potential witnesses away, not at all. It's just for decoration.
Old 2012-07-24, 09:24   Link #19058
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Something pretty funny just occurred to me; if we don't receive any news within these two weeks, there probably isn't going to be any more volumes till next year
Old 2012-07-24, 09:32   Link #19059
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Something pretty funny just occurred to me; if we don't receive any news within these two weeks, there probably isn't going to be any more volumes till next year
You just realized that?

Honestly put though, NT4 does leave us with quite the cliffhanger.

And OT, can you please stop getting yourself banned again...
Old 2012-07-24, 09:36   Link #19060
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's hilarious.

Spoiler for :

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen