AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 17 41.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 26.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-09, 19:40   Link #41
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I'm simply overjoyed at the Kurugaya Arc confirmed for Refrain.

The first 26 episodes were just the first half of the game, the "soft" part.

Now comes the hardcore Jun Maeda-ness the stuff I love.

See you in -insert time for Refrain- days/months/years.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2013-04-10, 05:28   Link #42
Mcfart

Yup, although I liked the other routes, Refrain was amazing, and Kurugaya's route was one of the best.
Old 2013-04-11, 16:06   Link #43
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Tbh i found Little Busters to be rather lackluster. Tons of cliché and most characters haven't had any real in-depth development through-out the series. Most of them just seemed static. While Mio turned out to be highly entertaining and Rin getting a good chunk of personality development, most characters just didn't make the cut, e.g. Komari, Haruka.

Perhaps i'M just too spoiled by masterpieces like Clannad... which frankly was so amazingly good and sad that i still have not brought myself to watch the last 3 episodes or so.

Refrain seems to kick things up several notches so i'll stay on board with high hopes.
Old 2013-04-11, 17:42   Link #44
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Oh season two, and right about the end I thought: Hmm unclosed storyline with Rin's messages?

Ah well the scene were Rin leaves kinda looks like a divorce lol.
But yeah I suspected Kyouske somehow remembers a different world line or something like that, and I'm pretty sure he does now after the preview oO.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-05-03, 00:09   Link #45
s07195
However,

Only episode I've given a ten to in this series so far. Since there's Season 2, I guess it will be like Afterstory with a load of sad scenes coming.

Great conclusion to a good series.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:46   Link #46
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Tbh i found Little Busters to be rather lackluster. Tons of cliché and most characters haven't had any real in-depth development through-out the series. Most of them just seemed static. While Mio turned out to be highly entertaining and Rin getting a good chunk of personality development, most characters just didn't make the cut, e.g. Komari, Haruka.
You can say the same as Clannad Season 1, if you think about it. The only difference is that they (KyoAni) gave more impact on the routes where due, while J.C. did everything only debatably good.
Old 2013-05-06, 07:49   Link #47
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
You can say the same as Clannad Season 1, if you think about it. The only difference is that they (KyoAni) gave more impact on the routes where due, while J.C. did everything only debatably good.
Although the main point and the set-up was quite similiar to Clannad's First Season, you simply cannot say the same for Clannad as for LB!
In Clannad, there were way more entertaining characters than here, at least that is my humble opinion.
Old 2013-05-07, 08:07   Link #48
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Although the main point and the set-up was quite similiar to Clannad's First Season, you simply cannot say the same for Clannad as for LB!
In Clannad, there were way more entertaining characters than here, at least that is my humble opinion.
Can you actually say that if you only watched Season 1? Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining, but it was good, but it wasn't great, until Season 2.

In the end, the first-person character-related perspective of something like Clannad and LB are dependent on its routes. Clannad had more entertaining characters because KyoAni gave them more justice, than LB. Even then, for example in Clannad, if I hadn't read the VN, even I could have said Yukine Miyazawa was a very shallow character.

The same sad rule applied to LB, but on a larger scale because, again, many of the scenes were rushed, like *cough*Komari*cough*Haruka. The best scenes LB had on season 1 were Rin and Mio oriented, and thus brought that same aura as with Clannad Season 1 KyoAni style. Kud's route was rather, tampered with, and didn't bring that same Key drama as it should have been.

There was EVERY reason to say the same for Clannad. Only, Clannad was treated differently. For that reason, it shouldn't be that LB should be compared to Clannad, anyway.

Anyway, as Episode 26 is compared, it could have easily been extended to 1.5 episodes.
Old 2013-05-07, 11:28   Link #49
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Even as a big Clannad fan, my personal opinion is that Little Busters! has the more entertaining characters (keep in mind that "entertaining" and "likeable" are somewhat different).

Personally, I think that the LB! cast is a more colorful, charismatic, and varied bunch than the Clannad cast.

However, Clannad had the better arcs/girl routes, generally speaking, imo. Clannad makes the most out of its characters, whereas I think that LB! cast has a fair bit of unrealized potential (although the last few episodes of LB! did a good job of starting to address that, especially as it pertains to the male characters).
Old 2013-05-07, 20:54   Link #50
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I would say that "entertaining" relied heavily on Sunohara and Tomoya (sure a few more like Aiko and Sanae too). Where as Little Busters the girls were more connected than the past KEY novels so you see everyone function as a group. There is WAY more comedy from Little Busters. But it could be up to someone exactly what they find entertaining. There are still some great "entertaining" bits I hope are still included.

Better routes? Yes Clannad hands down has better routes on a whole. But as others mentioned, Clannad had a better representation (in most aspects and so far) of the novel.
Old 2013-05-07, 22:57   Link #51
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I would say that "entertaining" relied heavily on Sunohara and Tomoya (sure a few more like Aiko and Sanae too). Where as Little Busters the girls were more connected than the past KEY novels so you see everyone function as a group. There is WAY more comedy from Little Busters.
I agree. Key-style slapstick comedy usually doesn't work that well for me, but it much more often than not worked for me in LB! And I think some of that is the sheer entertainment value of the characters. The various Masato fights were all entertaining to me, even though their results became predictable after awhile, lol.
Old 2013-05-08, 05:02   Link #52
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Can you actually say that if you only watched Season 1? Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining, but it was good, but it wasn't great, until Season 2.

In the end, the first-person character-related perspective of something like Clannad and LB are dependent on its routes. Clannad had more entertaining characters because KyoAni gave them more justice, than LB. Even then, for example in Clannad, if I hadn't read the VN, even I could have said Yukine Miyazawa was a very shallow character.

The same sad rule applied to LB, but on a larger scale because, again, many of the scenes were rushed, like *cough*Komari*cough*Haruka. The best scenes LB had on season 1 were Rin and Mio oriented, and thus brought that same aura as with Clannad Season 1 KyoAni style. Kud's route was rather, tampered with, and didn't bring that same Key drama as it should have been.

There was EVERY reason to say the same for Clannad. Only, Clannad was treated differently. For that reason, it shouldn't be that LB should be compared to Clannad, anyway.

Anyway, as Episode 26 is compared, it could have easily been extended to 1.5 episodes.
You do have a point, but when I was writing my post, I was more thinking about some exceptions that made it more entertaining.
Those would include Kyou's anger-outs and Youhei's chasing around girls and doing stupid things.
In short, I was more focusing on the peaks of entertainement.
Old 2013-07-20, 05:54   Link #53
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

the anime was decent to say the least, though the jokes were just not working for me. as a slice of anime, it was great.

the cuteness of the characters affects me, and Kurugaya is hot!.
I got confused at the so called mystery of the world but eh announcement of the second season may explain it more,, can't wait..

I even thought these anime had a supernatural genre.

My wish for next season. The former archer girl, the student disciplinary committee, and the chinese-like girl will get more airing time next season
Old 2013-10-14, 01:30   Link #54
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
And so Kengo has discovered the value of TEAMWORK and BASEBALL and has found a new light. And apparently Riki is moe; man I don't want to read what Mio secretly writes, lol.

Kyousuke is a good character too, since Riki relies on him quite a bit, but they really look our for each other and everyone else. That's just how this bad managed to get together. As a closing note, the show managed to dab into its core themes of friendship, interdepence, and also something that's very prevalent in Key Works is that nothing is forever and should never be taken for granted. It's about the experience of now, and it might just be something you can never get back again; one day the dream will end, even if it seems like forever right now.

The appreciation of continuity also helps set up the stage for season 2, which it seems it'll all come together.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread