AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-09-23, 21:11   Link #201
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A very nice way to end it and one last wackiness out of the cat along with the new cat

8/10 Need more of that cat
Old 2016-09-24, 11:07   Link #202
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

pretty much everything i wanted out of this series. ever since a certain group stopped putting out amanchu chapters, i haven't been following it. It was great to get back into the world. it's not quite aria, but i never expected it to be. it was amazing in its own way.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 15:19   Link #203
SeaDoor

I went into this series already sold on it because of my fondness for Aria. Unfortunately it never seemed to get fully airborne. Throughout the run, I kept having a problem with the VA for Teko. While everyone else was spot-on for me, Teko's voice seemed whiny through most of the series without showing any change for the character's growth. A couple of other minor complaints are the gag of Ai kicking her brother was overused and several of the scenes seemed to reached their "profound conclusion" without sufficiently earning them.

Also, I would have liked a little background on Pikari.

Overall, it was ok but fell very short of the high expectations I had at the beginning.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 15:28   Link #204
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well that does it for Amanchu but sadly I can't say it was the SOL masterpiece I've been craving. It wasn't bad though, I'll still give it a solid 8/10, but it delievered on its promise without going above it in any way which is a bit disappointing for me. I know this is just me putting undeserved expectations on the show but what can you do? I can't help how I feel.

My main problem with Amanchu is that I'm not curious to see more of the world like I was at the end of the first season of Aria. I don't particularly feel that longing for more that other shows have left me with. Don't get me wrong: this was a great finale for a fantastic SOL show but (and I know I'm being a bit selfish) I wanted just a tad bit more.

I feel like this has a lot of similarities with the original OVA for Tamayura. That show was also rather good back then but left me feeling satisfied at the end without much need for more. Then the first TV season hit and expanded on the world enough to get me curious about the characters and their adventures in it. I guess that just means that I'm waiting for a second Amanchu season to give me more reasons to look forward to more of its world then*

*to be honest I'm probably just bitter that we didn't get the chapter with the town procession.
Old 2016-09-24, 21:26   Link #205
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 11:30   Link #206
Ernietheracefan

Pikari best buddy, Akari best wife (alongside Georgette)..

I'll give this 9/10. BTW, how many chapters left..?

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 18:25   Link #207
Draco Spirit

Easy B+. Show did everything I expected from the first episode. Only reason it didn't score higher is because all it did was purely did what I expected from the first episode.

Dam kitten was adorable too!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 10:31   Link #208
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was slightly disappointed in this adaptation, mainly with what they did with Teko's character. Perhaps I remember incorrectly , but she seemed much less whiny in the manga. Having her fail her exam didn't really help (passed on her first try in the manga), I suppose.

Everything else was top tier. I really hope they'll make a second season.
Old 2016-09-26, 12:46   Link #209
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I though Futuba passed her certification?
Old 2016-09-26, 15:19   Link #210
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
I though Futuba passed her certification?
I'm talking about the first test, the one at the pool.
Old 2016-09-28, 12:26   Link #211
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
This was a great show watch, the best of this season's offering. Aria and Tamayura were far better shows for me, but this show has the potential to grow if another season is made.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 07:06   Link #212
Kaizerkoala

I am a little bit disappointed with earlier chapter.

If I'm not a manga reader I would drop it due to 3 eps rules.

Afterward it start to getting better. My personal favorite is ep 9.

Overall, it focus on drama much more than in the manga. It's start bad but improve gradually in the end. It's different animal than Aria and Flying Witch and can't hold the candle for them. I do not regret watching though.

Spoiler for What I wacth, expect and got:
Kaizerkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 12:07   Link #213
Ulin

I maratoned it when the 12 episodes were on and although it was not what I expected (I thought it would be more a sports anime) I really like SoL and enjoyed it pretty much.

An easy 8+ for me, and in the top 3 of the season
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 15:32   Link #214
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, I said I was going to, and I did, so today the soundtrack album by GONTITI arrived.
It's gorgeous.
Real "pick up a good book, crack open a bottle of wine, and just sink into the chair" relaxing listening.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 15:44   Link #215
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Well, I said I was going to, and I did, so today the soundtrack album by GONTITI arrived.

It's gorgeous.

Real "pick up a good book, crack open a bottle of wine, and just sink into the chair" relaxing listening.
Oh ho? Interesting!

Can you go into more details about some of the tracks that especially stood out for you at all?
Old 2016-10-03, 16:00   Link #216
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
It's gorgeous.
I'm with Flower: can you share some more impressions? I was a bit sceptical at first but the more the season went on the more I found myself genuinely enjoying the soundtrack. To me it just might be the closest we've seen to Aria in that chapter (which is very high praise indeed given I'm listening to Gondola no Yume right now ).
Old 2016-10-03, 17:16   Link #217
Dop
Mmmm....

I think I would need to listen to it a few more times and make some notes to do a proper review, but...

I first heard of GONTITI when they did the soundtrack for the first two Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou OVAs, and after watching a fansub of those I was straight on to CD Japan to buy their soundtrack for that. The third and fourth Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou OVAs had a soundtrack by Choro Club, so there's almost a full-circle thing going on here given that Choro Club did ARIA and GONTITI did Amanchu. It may only be in my head, but there's a connection in that they're in the same kind of Latin-American instrumental music, yet still quite different in some ways.

I think their music fitted the show wonderfully.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-04, 05:54   Link #218
seiftis
~defying fate

I haven't been watching past ep.4. It just didn't move me like ARIA series did, somehow. Pikari isn't so interesting to watch. Should i pick it up again?
Old 2016-10-04, 15:03   Link #219
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I think I would need to listen to it a few more times and make some notes to do a proper review, but...

I first heard of GONTITI when they did the soundtrack for the first two Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou OVAs, and after watching a fansub of those I was straight on to CD Japan to buy their soundtrack for that. The third and fourth Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou OVAs had a soundtrack by Choro Club, so there's almost a full-circle thing going on here given that Choro Club did ARIA and GONTITI did Amanchu. It may only be in my head, but there's a connection in that they're in the same kind of Latin-American instrumental music, yet still quite different in some ways.

I think their music fitted the show wonderfully.
I admit that I couldn't resist and stopped by iTunes to grab the soundtrack myself. It's a bit cheaper (and I already have some Aria CDs on the mail from CD Japan so I'm good )

Yeah, I can 100% see the connection between the styles of GONTITI and Chrono Club.

As an example take this song from Aria and then compare it to something like 海と空と太陽と〜morning〜 in the Amanchu soundtrack. They would sound decently enough one next to the other:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-10-12, 05:38   Link #220
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched the final episode today. Glad that I didn't drop this series. Slow paced anime that sent me to sleep on one episode, but still.. it's an enjoyable experience. and the animation quality looks rather improved on this last episode. Also liked the cat episode before this one., good thing they adopt the poor kitten.

Overall a nice 8/10.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
deep sea diving, slice of life