AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-19, 10:49   Link #121
7Th
Mixtape

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sog2k6s7xVQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sog2k6s7xVQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

OH SNAP!

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

Last edited by 7Th; 2007-05-19 at 11:00.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 11:10   Link #122
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well, well, I come back and THIS hits me like a speeding freight train O_O

*hyperventilates*

THIS is the GREATEST news in gaming I've seen since... forever

Although yes, the shock factor was somewhat dampened by the initial rumors and hints on Starcraft II... although if I had really been surprised, I'd be dead by now

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 11:25   Link #123
Skane
Anime Snark

I just hope it doesn't become another "haunting vapourware", or a "cancelled adventure".

Heh.
Old 2007-05-19, 11:52   Link #124
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I just hope it doesn't become another "haunting vapourware", or a "cancelled adventure".
I'd doubt they'd cancel a genuine sequel. A side-story of a different genre, maybe (Warcraft Adventures, StarCraft Ghost). But not an actual sequel. They'd be failing their fanbase if they do that, which is something I'd doubt they'd like to do.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 12:14   Link #125
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
I'd doubt they'd cancel a genuine sequel. A side-story of a different genre, maybe (Warcraft Adventures, StarCraft Ghost). But not an actual sequel. They'd be failing their fanbase if they do that, which is something I'd doubt they'd like to do.
The Koreans would riot if Starcraft 2 was cancelled.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 12:26   Link #126
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
This is the best gaming news I've heard in a long time. PC gaming is fun again: Team Fortress 2 in fall 2007, and then a couple years later Starcraft 2.

LOL cors8 I was going to say something similar. Like, Blizzard runs South Korea again.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 12:29   Link #127
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Gogogogo!

My life for auir!
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 14:03   Link #128
Lebron
I hear voices

New? Gameplay videos
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4868

Seems the GT videos are the same as the Youtube one just with better quality, but you can't hear the commentary like in the youtube ones and these are longer :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJDFw4TGWmo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TR7nGISEfc

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-05-19 at 14:17.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 15:02   Link #129
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
This is the best gaming news I've heard in a long time. PC gaming is fun again: Team Fortress 2 in fall 2007, and then a couple years later Starcraft 2.

LOL cors8 I was going to say something similar. Like, Blizzard runs South Korea again.
Knock on wood, but this game doesn't look 2 years out to me. Put me down as saying it will be out in a year.

And Cat...are you seriously so disappointed? I think the units look pretty good, though giving marines shields did seem odd. I wasn't a fan of the graphics in WC3, but this didn't give me a WC3 feelings at all.

I did feel the same way about turtling- because I've always been something of a turtle. But we've only seen the new protoss units (and one marine unit) so far. I'm sure that whatever the marines and zerg have will balance these new strengths. For Terrans, the best combination for defense was always turrets, bunkers, tanks, science vessel, and a very small force of mobile units. I don't see how that changes with these new units. So the immortals don't get taken out by tanks- that's what the bunkers are for. According to their profile on the new site, the dragoons/immortals are now MORE vulnerable to standard weapons (such as bunkers).

I'm excited to see that while most of the units are familiar, they are changing quite a bit. The fact that you can pretty much beam protoss anywhere on the map is pretty crazy- It'll be interesting to see what new macro abilities the other races receive.
Old 2007-05-19, 15:19   Link #130
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Flying marines, zelots with guns, moble phyons, they better not mess with the mass army aspects of things! To only have enough limits to have 20 zergings is a f***in joke! Don't turn it into another WC3 >_< SC is all about the melee, you take that away from us you will fail again!

but good job on the trailer, awesome!!
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 15:38   Link #131
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

I wasnt dissapointed of the graphics of wc3, but I think the graphics of the gameplay vid are not definitive (yes, they look kinda old...).

But I was dissapointed of some things though. For exaple, the way the units got out of the transport seemed... obsolete. The transport have doors you know.
But well, its Blizzard. As long as they dont fall sleep in the past hits Im sure they will be able to pull this one great. I hope so.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 15:51   Link #132
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
And Cat...are you seriously so disappointed? I think the units look pretty good, though giving marines shields did seem odd. I wasn't a fan of the graphics in WC3, but this didn't give me a WC3 feelings at all.
After seeing some high quality gameplay videos I'm sure it will be a good game. I'm not disappointed as in I think the game won't be playable. My disappointment lies in what they've done to the basics of starcraft. Long range shouldn't be 3 times melee range, and building shouldn't be all boxy and all be fixed to the same terrain pattern. (and the bases do resemble way too much W3 patterns)

It's a good game, but it looks like a sequel to W3 rather than SC. (at least no sign of heroes.. thank god) Well I'll admit, after seeing the HQ stuff it does seem it has a new engine and didn't just borrow the W3 one, but some thing are just too fantasy landish.

Right now I don't think it's a bad game at all, it looks fun =)
I think it's bad as a starcraft sequel.
Old 2007-05-19, 15:59   Link #133
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
Flying marines, zelots with guns, moble phyons, they better not mess with the mass army aspects of things! To only have enough limits to have 20 zergings is a f***in joke! Don't turn it into another WC3 >_< SC is all about the melee, you take that away from us you will fail again!

but good job on the trailer, awesome!!
I didn't see any zealots with guns...they just have the ability to close in faster.

Quote:
After seeing some high quality gameplay videos I'm sure it will be a good game. I'm not disappointed as in I think the game won't be playable. My disappointment lies in what they've done to the basics of starcraft. Long range shouldn't be 3 times melee range, and building shouldn't be all boxy and all be fixed to the same terrain pattern. (and the bases do resemble way too much W3 patterns)

It's a good game, but it looks like a sequel to W3 rather than SC. (at least no sign of heroes.. thank god) Well I'll admit, after seeing the HQ stuff it does seem it has a new engine and didn't just borrow the W3 one, but some thing are just too fantasy landish.

Right now I don't think it's a bad game at all, it looks fun =)
I think it's bad as a starcraft sequel.
I just don't see the WC3 comparison- the unit capacity alone belies any similarities.

Quote:
Long range shouldn't be 3 times melee range
Wait, so you think they shortened or lengthened long range? I assume shortened? Mobile units never had very long range...other than tanks.
Old 2007-05-19, 18:20   Link #134
Kisuke06
I see...

Anyone noticed this:

It's said that you can see that message in the video if you download the HQ one(the one at StarCraft II official site). I'm downloading it now to see with my own eyes.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 18:31   Link #135
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

wow that is really something

If D3 is released im pretty sure they r gonna make us pay like WOW T___T

2 bad =/
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 18:36   Link #136
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
wow that is really something

If D3 is released im pretty sure they r gonna make us pay like WOW T___T

2 bad =/
Yeah, it's possible.

Then again, I wouldn't put much hope in this image. If there really is a message there why the one that took that screenshot didn't zoom it for we see it? Why he wrote the message?
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 18:37   Link #137
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

a quote i got from d2jsp (D2 site)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana_Freak,Fri, May 18 2007, 09:00pm
This looks almost like it seems to be a diablo three, after staring at the Battle.net page for a hour or so I came out with this.

On the www.battle.net page if you only look at the capital letters, this comes out:

In the age of chaos, two factors battled for dominence of the tides of darkness, is the Dark Lord of Terror and my stare alone would reduce you to ashes. Stay a while and listen, untill the day the sky rained fire and a new enemy came upon us. The drums of war thunder once again.

Seems like somthing diablo-ey, because the whole focus of the lines is on the Dark lord of Terror and a new enemy
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 19:40   Link #138
Cidco
Mike "Cidco" Ly

Send a message via MSN to Cidco
Finally, I can quit WoW and get back into SC after a 4 year break.
Old 2007-05-19, 21:03   Link #139
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

I tried downloading the trailer, but the image still seemed too fuzzy when I tried to zoom in. I dunno about the Diablo III. If I squint, it almost seems like that might be what it says, but a squinting diablo fan certainly isn't trustworthy.
Old 2007-05-19, 22:03   Link #140
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Diablo III being next makes absolutely perfect sense. They're not going to take the wind out of wow's sales with war4, and now that they have sc2 out, what other franchise do they have left?

I just wish though that for once blizz would stop thinking about the multiplayer and just make a great single-player RPG.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows