AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-08-26, 21:30   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 690 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It was all a genjutus, and Sakura is actually dead in a ditch...that seems like the most likely outcome for the eventual spoilers...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 23:02   Link #2
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Hopefully this chapter is worthwhile.. been waiting anxiously (the ANBU anime arc pumped me up for this!)

@james0246.. Sakura dead in a ditch doesn't sound too bad..lol
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 07:07   Link #3
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
@james0246.. Sakura dead in a ditch doesn't sound too bad..lol
Agreed Sound's pretty good to me.
Old 2014-08-27, 08:29   Link #4
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

scratch my last comment, just remembered im not suppose to ask that question

Last edited by Om Nerabdator; 2014-08-27 at 11:17.
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 11:57   Link #5
jmacintosh

is this an off week for the manga?
jmacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 11:58   Link #6
Crimson Reaper

Okay I'm not 100% on this but this is what I believe is happening in Japan right now over Jump. The government is finally taking action over early releases and they are doing this by going to the source. By that I mean that issues of Jump are normally delivered to stores a few days ahead of the official release date which is Monday so they remain in stock. This is where the scans come from. By stopping or delaying these early deliveries they hope people will just buy the magazine rather then view free scans. All this means is that we will get scans on Mondays or Tuesdays instead of Wednesday/Thursday. Again I will repeat that I'm not 100% on this.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 12:28   Link #7
jmacintosh

I saw the 689.5 color edition thing out there, and was wondering if that was it for the week.
jmacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 13:27   Link #8
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
Okay I'm not 100% on this but this is what I believe is happening in Japan right now over Jump. The government is finally taking action over early releases and they are doing this by going to the source. By that I mean that issues of Jump are normally delivered to stores a few days ahead of the official release date which is Monday so they remain in stock. This is where the scans come from. By stopping or delaying these early deliveries they hope people will just buy the magazine rather then view free scans. All this means is that we will get scans on Mondays or Tuesdays instead of Wednesday/Thursday. Again I will repeat that I'm not 100% on this.
I second this!

Quote:
Due to new anti-piracy policy in Japan, chapter will likely be delayed this week as well as in the weeks to follow.
Bummer!
Old 2014-08-27, 13:32   Link #9
The Green One

And it only took them 690 chapters to figure out how to stop the piracy!
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 13:49   Link #10
sayde

I don't think this will really feel like its making an impact in the long run. I mean sure we have to wait a little longer to see the chapter this week. But once that's done, we'll still be back to waiting the usual 7 days for new chapters. We'll just probably be getting those chapters on a different day of the week from now on (as Crimson Reaper inferred). No big deal really.

I personally hope that whatever impact this does make financially is enough to appease those in charge of developing these laws from coming up with more drastic counter measures. But time will tell.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 14:05   Link #11
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I don't think this will really feel like its making an impact in the long run. I mean sure we have to wait a little longer to see the chapter this week. But once that's done, we'll still be back to waiting the usual 7 days for new chapters. We'll just probably be getting those chapters on a different day of the week from now on (as Crimson Reaper inferred). No big deal really.

I personally hope that whatever impact this does make financially is enough to appease those in charge of developing these laws from coming up with more drastic counter measures. But time will tell.
I hope it helps too, but really the answer is to release them in other countries in other languages at the same time. or simply release an online translated version that people can pay a lower monthly fee for website membership (since we wouldn't get the physical book). it's not rocket science. i dont see why they dont get it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 14:09   Link #12
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I hope it helps too, but really the answer is to release them in other countries in other languages at the same time. or simply release an online translated version that people can pay a lower monthly fee for website membership (since we wouldn't get the physical book). it's not rocket science. i dont see why they dont get it
Except what we're experiencing right now releasing in other countries at the same time wouldn't affect. The whole point is that raws aren't available because they're cracking down on street date breakers, meaning we had been getting it earlier than Japan. That's an even worse position to be in for them than normal, because it's literally the "pirates" getting a product, for free, before paying customers.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 14:11   Link #13
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Except what we're experiencing right now releasing in other countries at the same time wouldn't affect. The whole point is that raws aren't available because they're cracking down on street date breakers, meaning we had been getting it earlier than Japan. That's an even worse position to be in for them than normal, because it's literally the "pirates" getting a product, for free, before paying customers.
ok sure. this should have never been happening in the first place. i wasn't even aware of it frankly. but that said, they should still release the mangas on the release date to everyone online at a price. the extra income would more than pay for the extra staff to do it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 14:38   Link #14
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Business people never get it because they are happy with the status quo. If things change they may be knocked out of their business by new competitors or simply earn much less if in our new digital world authors realize they could get more percentage of the income. It took a Steve Jobs to make of music a digital product for the masses and he was a really agressive and rich innovator. I'm sure if Jump was available digitally to 7 billion humans on earth for some reasonable monthly payment on some digital platform they would have a larger income than they have now. But i guess the manga industry is just like the music and movie industries, they fear that a larger part of their income might then go to the digital distributors and other companies. Personally i would pay a monthly fee or something similar if it was available in real time for an iPad with high resolution that would look really great on a retina display. That would probably be the closest to buying an actual printed manga.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 15:28   Link #15
Crimson Reaper

I'm with you guys in that Jump would indeed be better off if they provided a subscription or pay by the issue online release, if only in just the English language. But since I have no experience in marketing or business I can't really see the reasons they wouldn't at least try. Maybe they don't realise how big a foreign fan base they could benefit from? My best guess as to why they wouldn't even try this is because of Viz. They made a Contract with them saying they have exclusive rights to make translated versions of Naruto, etc right? So maybe Jump can't release their own translated version because that would violate the contract agreement? Again I have no experience in business or law, this is just my own uninformed guess. I gladly defer to those here who have actual experience in those areas.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 17:58   Link #16
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
Hopefully this chapter is worthwhile.. been waiting anxiously (the ANBU anime arc pumped me up for this!)
What?!

Pfffttt hahahaha!

Too good to be real. Must be another genjutsu.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 18:02   Link #17
DKN117

So exactly how late do we expect new chapters now? Friday? Saturday/Sunday? A whole damn week after their Japan release (i.e., still on Tuesday/Wednesday but seven days after Japan gets it)?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 18:12   Link #18
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
So exactly how late do we expect new chapters now? Friday? Saturday/Sunday? A whole damn week after their Japan release (i.e., still on Tuesday/Wednesday but seven days after Japan gets it)?
We used to get it early. 5 days early. So don't expect it until next Monday, considering that's when it comes out in Japan. But it won't be "a whole damn week after".
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 20:01   Link #19
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
I'm with you guys in that Jump would indeed be better off if they provided a subscription or pay by the issue online release, if only in just the English language. But since I have no experience in marketing or business I can't really see the reasons they wouldn't at least try. Maybe they don't realise how big a foreign fan base they could benefit from? My best guess as to why they wouldn't even try this is because of Viz. They made a Contract with them saying they have exclusive rights to make translated versions of Naruto, etc right? So maybe Jump can't release their own translated version because that would violate the contract agreement? Again I have no experience in business or law, this is just my own uninformed guess. I gladly defer to those here who have actual experience in those areas.
Yeah, since Viz has the rights for the English translation, they're the ones who do it. And they do release the English version on the same day each week as the Japanese one - except that it's only for North America, Australia and the UK (I think).

As for Japanese digital editions...I've had a look, but can't find anything that's a same day release. It seems like they still prefer people buying the print edition.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 05:52   Link #20
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
ok sure. this should have never been happening in the first place. i wasn't even aware of it frankly. but that said, they should still release the mangas on the release date to everyone online at a price. the extra income would more than pay for the extra staff to do it
Japan only cares about Japanese sales. They finally went hard after the pirates when they saw the decreased sales from Japanese manga to Japanese customers. It finally occurred to them that Japanese fans were also just reading the scans and not buying the entire book. The government doesn't care that foreigners have been reading Japanese manga for free since forever.

Sure, it would be good business for something like Shueisha to setup a worldwide distribution and release their content digitally at the same time as their domestic release. With international properties such as Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece, they could make a huge profit at very little expense. But the Japanese manga business is very entrenched in the old school way they operate. They don't see the big picture and prefer to license their work or buy into companies like Viz(Shueisha are co-owners) to handle international releases, days to weeks after the manga has been released in Japan.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion