AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-02, 18:19   Link #21
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

With the way things are going (Luffy arriving), there is a good chance for Garp to save Ace, while maybe sacrificing his life along the way. Considering the feelings he has for a grandson not blood related, if he were to assume he will be losing both of his grandsons at the same time, he may act in a completely unexpected manner. Unless of course some other force appears to make him stop before taking action.

And I guess it is mostly guaranteed for Boa to help Luffy in one way or another. Hopefully, with Oda's writing, she will do that without (or before) giving away her actions (considering her powers that is very likely). Maybe she will act as if she is fighting against Luffy, and lose her consciousness.

Now, Croco-boy, Jimbei, Iva, and the others will join the action too. It will be fun to watch how the other high-status marines will react, and of course the match-ups with the other Shichibukais.

And, two thumbs up for the last page(?), summarizing the impact of Luffy's ridiculous actions on the others.
Old 2009-09-02, 18:19   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
That's one thing I never quite understood. How are CP9 traitors to the World Government?

It's simple: After the whole Enies Lobby fiasco, Spandam pretty much pinned the blame on Lucci and co. instead of taking responsibility for his own ineptitudes (I'm also pretty sure that his connections with his dad is keeping him from being demoted to janitorial duties....). Obviously, Lucci isn't very happy that his former boss made him into a scapegoat, since he tells Spanda in the ministory that he'll be getting his revenge in due time......
Old 2009-09-02, 18:20   Link #23
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really don't think this war will have a clear "winner", despite Luffy's involvement. There'll be too many losses on both sides to determine which is the winning side, IMO. Doflamingo's speech actually further raises the possibility of that scenario coming true. Yes, he says that the one who comes out on top is the one to determine what's good or evil, but there's still that chance that he'll bail out on the government's side at the very last minute, leaving them to face their fate. Then when the dust clears, he can begin setting his plans for the "New Age" in motion......
such an outcome would indeed make for more interesting reading then having a clear winner well find out soon enough i guess, if sengoku still can use his trump card ie the plan i wonder if WB will still go after the marines if they do get ace back, though all the fighting so far may have been enough to "teach them a lesson".
Old 2009-09-02, 18:53   Link #24
'Pryde
I am better than you

seems like sengoku must be a fighter since he was willing to take on garp even though i never doubted he couldn't fight but, i guess this makes him pretty pretty strong since garp is.
Old 2009-09-02, 19:55   Link #25
Lightmgl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
And I guess it is mostly guaranteed for Boa to help Luffy in one way or another. Hopefully, with Oda's writing, she will do that without (or before) giving away her actions (considering her powers that is very likely). Maybe she will act as if she is fighting against Luffy, and lose her consciousness.
I was hoping for something like that. With Luffy's proven immunity to Boa's stone abilities it would be very easy for her to fake attack him and turn a whole bunch of his enemies to stone knowing that he will be fine. In fact since she is inflicted with lovesickness there is a very good chance that if she saw Luffy in danger and didn't help that it could hurt or kill her.
Old 2009-09-02, 21:31   Link #26
D.Kaizoku

One of the things that pleases me about oda is how he puts deeper meaning in some things.Like now in coby's case.It isnt simply that coby is afraid and he runs away,but the beautiful thing is that he decides to run away and the moment after that the only person that reminds him never to give up(Luffy) shows up in the scene!
I am kinda dissapointed btw with the fact that tsuru is fruit user too.I would prefer not every high ranked marine or famous person to be a fruit user,which as it seems will be true if we assume that sengoku ate a fruit too...
And i am also surprised to see that sengoku had actually a plan like that,because i thought that the importance of killing ace on time was to defeat/defend ace from whitebeard and show the whole world that they are still powerfull.And this plan imo will only make them look like cowards or weak...
Old 2009-09-02, 21:32   Link #27
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Epic!!! Can't wait to see Sengoku saying "That fucking brat again", that will be priceless.
Old 2009-09-02, 21:33   Link #28
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Garp vs Sengoku... Im not sure i wanna see that one, but im sure i would love to see Sengoku against whitebeared. Im glad it seems that Sengoku has something up his sleeve, he had to have known that Whitebeared would pull something like this.
Old 2009-09-02, 21:46   Link #29
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
If Donflamingo has string power then maybe both Buggy and Luffy won't be affected - Buggy would toss away controled parts and Luffy would just strech and move other way... just a thought so don't hate.
Doflamingo can control multiple people and can therefore control multiple body parts as well. Bellamy had springy legs, but didn't seem to be able to make use of them. I don't think that either Buggy or Luffy could do much to resist Doflamingo's power. My theory is that the key to defeating Doflamingo lies with Robin, because she can create more body parts than Doflamingo is able to control.

Theory 2: Sengoku has the Illusion Illusion Devil Fruit. Whitebeard finally makes his way to Ace and reaches out to grab his hand, but passes right through it. The illusion dissipates and it is revealed by Sengoku that Ace was killed a few minutes before Whitebeard even got there. Whitebeard cries out and then looks down to find that Sengoku has driven a sword through his chest.

Last edited by Hiking_Bear; 2009-09-02 at 22:09.
Old 2009-09-02, 23:27   Link #30
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Kaizoku View Post
One of the things that pleases me about oda is how he puts deeper meaning in some things.Like now in coby's case.It isnt simply that coby is afraid and he runs away,but the beautiful thing is that he decides to run away and the moment after that the only person that reminds him never to give up(Luffy) shows up in the scene! ...
And that's a "deeper meaning" huh? lulz

We got chatter and emo flashbacks going on in this chapter and facepalm.. Luffy is here already..I rather have Blackbeard show up..
Old 2009-09-03, 00:13   Link #31
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
It seems Sengoku want to push up the execution of Ace , don't think that such a good idea . Now that WB is here there don't need Ace as bait any more it seems. Coby running can't blame him not much he can do right now.

Tsuru's power is funny as hell.
Luffy and gang here can't wait to see how everyone going to react to him next chapter and what trouble he going to cause.
But everyone fearing for the life wondering how there going to land while luffy don't got have care in world cause he rubber is rather funny.
If Luffy was in that situation would he run?

No! Luffy would stay and fight. If Colby can't face danger what the hell was he doing joining the marines for? In this type of situation you really can't run away.
Old 2009-09-03, 00:18   Link #32
ThoHell

Luffy has been doing some intense non-stop fight with stronger and stronger foes, but yet no power up yet. We need some sort of power up soon...
Old 2009-09-03, 01:32   Link #33
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
That's one thing I never quite understood. How are CP9 traitors to the World Government?
they failed in their job but refused to take the punishment that the "dictator" wants to do to them. That's considered traitorious to almost any dictator/ person in power
Old 2009-09-03, 01:45   Link #34
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

theory 2 is too bleach for my liking though.

Actually I've never quite liked illusion as a power for the simple fact that it's either broken or severely limited. addded to the fact that the way taken to conquer the illusion user often stinks of plotkai.
Old 2009-09-03, 03:48   Link #35
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Blackbeard should be fighting in War, but somehow I don't see him up there. He went after prison break to "help" and got beaten by Magellan - that's official. He also suppose to be the main villain so I don't see him facing Luffy so soon.

Maybe Luffy will stay inside the war only for a moment, and then leave. War will continue for some time untill some of the big guns are dead or run away.

Akainu didn't have as much screen time as other admirals or Lucci. He could have a funny part of him like Aokiji's lazyness or Kizaru's goofyness. Lucci didn't have any funny traits except that he was very cruel. We don't know when akainu gained his fruit power, but he was a VA 20 years ago.

We don't even know if Garp isn't some kind of dog dog person. Sure he is strong and knows some rokushiki but that doesn't mean he can still be a DF user.

I hope that illusion fruit in OP if exist is very weak XD

Edit- just saw the whole thing. Have to say that seeing Garp all that emotional is something. Then Luffy comes and breaks the sad music
I'm guessing Luffy will do Gear 3rd and do Giant Ballon to save his man.

Last edited by Wolcik; 2009-09-03 at 04:32.
Old 2009-09-03, 05:28   Link #36
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Wow, seeing Garp gettin all emotional, he really thought of Ace as he own grandson.
Man Garp is fuckin A.... He's like the Jiraiya of One Piece, you know, the one old guy thats really cool. Even though Whitebeard is badass too. And Rayleigh, so One Piece has plenty of bad ass old guys lol. Sengoku's plan to execute Ace before the planned time shows Sengoku caving in to the pressure. Kind of dissappointing, It really make Sengoku seem weak before Whitebeard, and he's suppose to be the Fleet Admiral. And once again, Luffy makes one helluva entrance.
Old 2009-09-03, 06:00   Link #37
Prestige

This chapter was...godlike.

I am pretty shocked after reading it... Garp is in tears and remembers when Ace and Luffy was kids and how Ace defended Luffy... I think that Garp might do something outrageous, could go even so far to fight against Senkogu to save Ace/Luffy...

Oars seems to be dead by now, but he managed to breach into marineford and White witch Bay also made second breach with freaking Ice breaker ship...

Coby finally realizes cruelty and fury of this war and he and Helmeppo simply cant take this yet, Akainu is acting like a commisar and is executing deserters...

Whitebeard continues to be total badass and casually pulverizes one of vice-admirals head...

I really loved Don Flamingos speech, though he is cruel bastard but he is quite cool aswell.

Luffy is back with epic entrance, this will be freaking awesome...

So much happened in single chapter but damn this is epic, GIVE ME NEXT CHAPTERS!!
Old 2009-09-03, 07:06   Link #38
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
It's about Luffy showed up in the big fight! It's going to make this week a long wait.
I like the hints of what Nami is up too. She's learning more about weather that I hope will make her into a stronger fighters upon her return.
Old 2009-09-03, 07:27   Link #39
andy

Just read it chapter was good. To think the jail break crew went with luffy plan is funny as hell.can't wait for next week.
Old 2009-09-03, 07:40   Link #40
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Well, Nami was the simplest mugiwara to figure out how to power up in her ministory.

I know that people might be pissed off at Akainu but it wasn't sure if he killed that marine - it was off screen, but there was a scream.
I find this very odd that nobody briefed the cannon fodder on this plan. So the leaders gets info on changes in eventual strategy, but what about the little guys. Did NOBODY told them that there is a death penalty for running away? Unless Akainu implies his own theory of justice here, and as far as we know WG accepts all justices - lazy justice, impatient justice, dark justice and unforgiving justice as well.

DonFlamingo is a weird fella, but he's certainly a 110% villain since he monologues durring battle XD