AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-16, 11:25   Link #21
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The way reki uses her sniper rifle + bayonet is like a spear that aims only to kill.
So how is that not having close combat mastery or being untrained in bayonet fighting if her bayonet technique is good enough to fight Aria? Even if she is not as flexible in options like wounding and disabling or use of other weapons that doesn't mean she is untrained at all in close combat.

Given Aria's unarmed combat and Aru-kata skills....even if you are armed and she is not, you don't beat her without at least some form of prior training in close combat. Moreso since Reki is physically outmatched by her (As in Aria moves fast enough to close in and Aru-kata fight with Kinji in his Berserk mode when normal Hysteria is enough to give him the perceptions and reflexes to shoot bullets in mid flight...).
Old 2011-05-16, 11:30   Link #22
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Reki only beat Aria because Aria wasn't trying to fight her.

Reki is useless unarmed, but she's pretty good with a bayonet. However, I don't think she can match Quadra Aria in close combat.
Old 2011-05-16, 11:33   Link #23
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Reki only beat Aria because Aria wasn't trying to fight her.

Reki is useless unarmed, but she's pretty good with a bayonet. However, I don't think she can match Quadra Aria in close combat.
Not seriously fight but she was beating the crap out of her before that. If it were some untrained mook with a knife on a gun as tsunade seems to be implying, Aria would have disarmed and flattened her with ease.

She obviously can't fight a serious Aria or I think Riko even
Old 2011-05-16, 12:05   Link #24
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

No, she's well trained with her bayonet. I realize that much.
Old 2011-05-16, 16:27   Link #25
tsunade666

okay then I will rephrase that one. She is good. Though as her past is mystery and anymore info about her is bad. She is good in close quarter combat but in different way than an ordinary butei.
Old 2011-05-18, 16:50   Link #26
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Just curious, the author did even bothered on explaining from where Aria takes her swords out? I though as they were short they could have been in some kind of case at her back, but there is nothing of that when Kinji injects her with Razzo.
Messed up fact or Hammerspace?
Old 2011-05-21, 00:33   Link #27
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

one thing i'm bit WHAT to ask how did aria's mot got like a jail sentence over 800+ years?

really give find a bit too much, screwed, or yet we're on "wacky pack" with that idea or something.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2011-05-21, 01:29   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
one thing i'm bit WHAT to ask how did aria's mot got like a jail sentence over 800+ years?

really give find a bit too much, screwed, or yet we're on "wacky pack" with that idea or something.
What? you never heard of 'double life sentence'? For the worst scums of the Earth, its nothing unusual to have you jail sentence in the hundreds of years. its redundant yes, but thats how it is.lets say you murder someone, thats 25yrs, now lets say you commit 20 separate cases of murder, so you get 500 years total.
Old 2011-05-21, 05:37   Link #29
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What? you never heard of 'double life sentence'? For the worst scums of the Earth, its nothing unusual to have you jail sentence in the hundreds of years. its redundant yes, but thats how it is.lets say you murder someone, thats 25yrs, now lets say you commit 20 separate cases of murder, so you get 500 years total.
ok then but why 800+ years & for what really like big cover up or something behind it?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
Old 2011-05-21, 05:41   Link #30
tsunade666

Quote:

Read the novel but if you want answer it's a spoiler and even in this season it's not going to be answered.

here's a hint
Spoiler:

Last edited by tsunade666; 2011-05-21 at 07:01.
Old 2011-05-21, 06:14   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
ok then but why 800+ years & for what really like big cover up or something behind it?
It's the sum of all the crimes pinned onto her. The Butei Killer had committed a bunch of them, this Durandal seem to be a serial kidnapper, and it looks like a whole bunch of other criminals as well.

Something like this can only be done with organized crime syndicate.
Old 2011-05-21, 07:10   Link #32
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

still some don't get give i never read the book of it.

& besides why all of this happen really if happen real life really most people agree this is to "wacky pack" to do on a person to give 800+ years on jail.

really can anyone besides immortal, females with time fruits (if anyone seen mnemosyne), etc can live throught 800+ years?
Old 2011-05-21, 07:31   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
still some don't get give i never read the book of it.

& besides why all of this happen really if happen real life really most people agree this is to "wacky pack" to do on a person to give 800+ years on jail.

really can anyone besides immortal, females with time fruits (if anyone seen mnemosyne), etc can live throught 800+ years?

Nobody can exactly serve a double life sentence either but it's what they write in the prison sheets in real life.

As I've said, it's redundant yes, it's basically living the rest of your life in jail, but it's what they write on the official records because for every crime you commit, it comes with it's own sentence. So if you somehow commit two separate crimes that deals in Life sentence, you basically get double life.
Old 2011-05-21, 10:22   Link #34
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Nobody can exactly serve a double life sentence either but it's what they write in the prison sheets in real life.

As I've said, it's redundant yes, it's basically living the rest of your life in jail, but it's what they write on the official records because for every crime you commit, it comes with it's own sentence. So if you somehow commit two separate crimes that deals in Life sentence, you basically get double life.
but i still find like who on the "wacky pack" for giving a sentence for 800+ years really something go it maybe more explain how all this happen?
Old 2011-05-23, 00:37   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A question for the LN readers; Should a butei kills a criminal even if its A)accidental, and B)to save a life, im assuming they get expelled right? If so, is there any option to appeal your case, or really anything you can do to 'get back in'?

If there is no straight answer, whats your gut feeling say after reading 6-9 volumes?
Old 2011-05-23, 01:37   Link #36
tsunade666

Quote:
A question for the LN readers; Should a butei kills a criminal even if its A)accidental, and B)to save a life, im assuming they get expelled right? If so, is there any option to appeal your case, or really anything you can do to 'get back in'?

If there is no straight answer, whats your gut feeling say after reading 6-9 volumes?
you can't kill that's butei law and if you ended up killing the target or someone civilian get killed or injured. All the casualties fall into the butei.

Though they are extreme situations but those extreme situations are order by the government and mostly the record are erase or its treated as didn't happen type of case. Those cases only falls into the category of the criminal is sentenced to be killed by the court. A butei was order to hunt it down. But such record would never appear on the butei records and the incident is treated as it never exist.
Old 2011-05-23, 06:40   Link #37
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
but i still find like who on the "wacky pack" for giving a sentence for 800+ years really something go it maybe more explain how all this happen?
It should be noted that official proceedings generally don't make sense for a fair portion of them.....just pin it down to WTF judiciary procedures and legislature.

Quote:

They can't openly kill. Sanctioned assassinations do happen however, mainly with sniper Butei. These are all black ops.
Old 2011-05-23, 09:13   Link #38
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Called: "Sweeping" ^^
Old 2011-05-23, 10:02   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yes yes I get that 'Butei can't/don't kill', but lets say the shit hit the fan and some how someone died because a Butei killed them completely by accident or completely justifiable by any other police force in the world- What happens next?

(Oh, and lets say this happened in the open, completely unintended and unexpected aka bad luck.)
Old 2011-05-25, 03:14   Link #40
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:

There is no straight answer as far as I know, since there has been no precedent yet in the book. This is just my gut feeling.

According to what was written in the Butei law article 9, a Butei cannot kill regardless of the situation. Which means it doesn't matter what the circustances are, it's just a matter of if a Butei killed someone or not.

In this case, if a Butei is caught breaking the law, he receives a heavier punishment than a normal person. Butei receives threefold punishment than ordinary people as stated in Vol6 Chap2. I figure they'll be condemned a three life sentence as punishment.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a