AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-04, 03:30   Link #10201
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Too much love? Just marry all 7 suitors!

Gotta hand it to Medaka's dad...he instantly reached both pimp status and top 10 status in my book.
Nisio should write a spinoff manga or LN about Kurokami the Elder's Harem Master abilities, while mocking, parodying, lampshading, inverting, twisting and taking a sledgehammer to every Harem trope out there.

If there's spinoff of Medaka's father, odds are, what Nisio did to Shounen with Medaka Box would be done to Harem and Rom-com with that spinoff.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 04:12   Link #10202
ziggi92

I always thought of Maguro & Kujira where half brother and sister but think that possibility that she has 4 four other half siblings so where in the line is Medaka why is she the heir but not 6 before her if say that her real father gave every sub families heirs but also how come Maguro or Kujira were not chosen in Black Feast Wedding since they are clearly older siblings so suppose to be higher to heir the Company.

Now We know where Medaka Sister Kujira Kurokami got her screwed brain from her mother family Momozono it will be interesting to see how they are related she Clearly reminds of when Kujira was Youka Naze in Flask Plan arc

but also to see how Maguro is related to Mogura Kugurugi we can clearly see it their names Maguro and Mogura you just need move A where O is then Maguro and Mogura they do seem have some resemble like their Cheerful Personality.

It would be interesting in the next chapters or next arc that we will see more of Kurokami family and possibility of Medaka other Sibilings if say take what Kajiki Kurokami said "I have to much love to pour into just one person." meaning that he gave heirs to his every wifes.

Another interesting thing is that Maguro & Kujira came from most powerful families of all the seven sub families Kugurugi & Momozono.
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 04:19   Link #10203
novalysis

How powerful was Tsubarami in comparison, I wonder? Why is Medaka being given the post of CEO?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 04:54   Link #10204
Thth
???

Professor Tsurubami died about 3 years ago, Momozono Momo is about 3 years old.
Did that child learn the style while still in the womb? She gets crazier and crazier.
And I can guess why Kurokami company grew and expanded under Maguro. His father was too busy 'growing and expanding' something else that he didn't have time or energy for such matters.
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 06:00   Link #10205
Sixth
Hu Tao

There is something I don't get it about this chapter. It is about Medaka's father. Did he just married 7 women in the past because he was horny?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 08:20   Link #10206
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
Did that child learn the style while still in the womb? She gets crazier and crazier.
And I can guess why Kurokami company grew and expanded under Maguro. His father was too busy 'growing and expanding' something else that he didn't have time or energy for such matters.
You know, my theory is that Kotobuki (her style being one possibly relating to childhood/infancy) turned Momozono into a child, or something along those lines.
I'm not buying that Momozono is an actual child.

Also, anyone notice the resemblance now that we know that Maguro is from the same family line as Karai Kugurugi?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 08:21   Link #10207
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I wouldn't count the possibility of Medaka having other half-siblings...I mean, I don't see the Kurokami "swimmers" not making it to the finish line every time they can.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 09:03   Link #10208
Homura7

Everybody be prepared with the shocking end of the game next week, for I think it won't disappoint.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 10:48   Link #10209
Last Carpet

So Kajiki married all seven of his suitors.....

I remember back in chapter 138 when Ajimu was explaining the power of "Devil Style" that she said if he didn't have Devil Style the story would've be complicated by a long lost brother or a life long archenemy.

So it's possible that Kajiki has four more children by the other Suitors(although we only have confirmation that three of them were actually women, and if Medaka takes her "love" from Kajiki.....)

Maybe the next arc will include her other siblings, each trying to take control on the Kurokami Group.

BTW I wonder why Nienami didn't know the origin of their Language Styles
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 10:58   Link #10210
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post

BTW I wonder why Nienami didn't know the origin of their Language Styles
That's the ongoing joke so far, she's knows all of these things they're saying, she's just reacting like they have people do in manga when something gets revealed.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 13:27   Link #10211
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

1. Medaka's father is a Master pimp
2. The pimpness is genetic
3. The professor is a Sis-con
Old 2012-08-04, 13:46   Link #10212
Wolfenstein

Hm, unfortunately, I'm confused with the recent chapter's implications towards Devil Style, particularly on the dialogue when Medaka draws an Ace.

It seems the ability might truly be gone. Though there are still things pointing to both sides.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 13:50   Link #10213
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Hm, unfortunately, I'm confused with the recent chapter's implications towards Devil Style, particularly on the dialogue when Medaka draws an Ace.

It seems the ability might truly be gone. Though there are still things pointing to both sides.
why would it be gone?
Old 2012-08-04, 13:53   Link #10214
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are at least 4 more Kurokami children. Why we haven't heard about them until I know I don't know.
...Maybe we have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
I, er, I think the idea is that he never actually died.
Quote:
...What now?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 14:06   Link #10215
Last Carpet

Quote:

Devil Style is Zenkichi's ability, it nullifies any coincidence in matters or events that he's involved in (winning the election, meeting the strongest suitor in the middle of the feast)

Where is Zenkichi now?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 14:13   Link #10216
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...What now?
Such an unescessary tone and response. You should try to aspire to be more accepting or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos
why would it be gone?
Spoiler:

Fishy dialogue and coincidences indeed, my friend. Especially Kumagawa referring to her innate ability draw the lead, a byproduct of fate favoring Abnormals, when in reality, such playing fields should've been equalized by Devil Style.

Of course, her high draw could be a product of pure chance, but the non-mention of Devil Style and the character's dialogues leave an eerie feeling that it seems Shiranui has eaten the Zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet
Devil Style is Zenkichi's ability, it nullifies any coincidence in matters or events that he's involved in (winning the election, meeting the strongest suitor in the middle of the feast)

Where is Zenkichi now?
He's sealed away, but that dosen't mean the Zero can't act in a matter he's still involved in(albeit as a hostage), given that it's shown the mechanic of a passive-style skill, like his nature of drawing out 200% of his companion's powers.

Like Shibushi herself said, she doubted her Minus would go away even when sealed or killed.

There's definitely something awry here.

Although since a Minus is different from a Zero, it's also possible that the ability was sealed, hence why Medaka recovered her ability to be favored by fate. I'm just speculating on the dialogue at this point, mainly because Devil Style has not been mentioned since Zenkichi's narration, and strangely so, when events that have implications on it have occured.

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2012-08-04 at 14:25.
Old 2012-08-04, 14:24   Link #10217
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
but the non-mention of Devil Style and the character's dialogues leave an eerie feeling that it seems Shiranui has eaten the Zero..
I've been saying that for some time, and you all laughed at me when I did.
Old 2012-08-04, 14:29   Link #10218
Wolfenstein

I don't think we had two pages of complemantary evidence from the source material to go solely based on that.

Before, the mention of the ability seemed simply unescessary, since events were going sorta like we expected they would had the ability still existed. However, dialogues on the recent chapters do give some basis for that speculation.

Now, it does seem awfuly strange indeed, like you said. They are talking precisely about an ability Devil Style made neutral before, yet they are reacting as if it was always in effect.
Old 2012-08-04, 14:41   Link #10219
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
They are talking precisely about an ability Devil Style made neutral before, yet they are reacting as if it was always in effect.
That may be because Naze and Ajimu are the only people in that room who know about the ability.
Old 2012-08-04, 14:45   Link #10220
Wolfenstein

Well, that's true.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council