AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 14 35.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 32.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-21, 00:29   Link #1
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters ~Refrain~, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by Flower; 2013-12-22 at 04:48.
Old 2013-12-21, 08:32   Link #2
Zankoku12

I was expecting to enjoy anime-only viewer's "WTF" reaction with this episode but I got WTFed too so........ WTF!?
Old 2013-12-21, 11:00   Link #3
Meltyred

Meh... expected this coming...
Wasn't as emotional as previous episode
Old 2013-12-21, 12:13   Link #4
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

This episode benefited Rin a LOT. And man, that accident was fucking brutal...
Old 2013-12-21, 13:45   Link #5
taichi-kun

masato and kengo were two heroes T.T
Old 2013-12-21, 15:27   Link #6
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

All in all, this was a very nice episode.

They showed the actual crash and not just the aftermath, which I was hoping they would as I wanted to see more of that event, and more of the Little Busters in the real world. I wanted a brutal scene with impact (does that make me a sadist?) and they certainly delivered.
I'm also happy they explained Kyousuke's presence on the bus. But what about Haruka?

They also went into a bit more detail concerning Rin's past that left her traumatized to begin with, which has been bothering me since it was first mentioned. It's noteworthy, as I didn't expect them to explain anything at all at this point, though to be honest I still have no idea what actually happened to her. The sequence was scary enough and reminded me of the one with Miyuki on the roof (no idea what was going on there either) in episode 25.

As for Rin's spiritual trip... I have no idea what happened there. Were those the actual people? Or only Komari? How could that happened now that the dream world is gone? And then Komari's ribbon starts to glow and Rin turns Super Saiyan.. what?
Nonetheless, the massive development for Rin is of course welcome, even if it was rather late.

At any rate, as suspected it looks like it will be a happy ending after all. Depending on the amount of people still alive it looks like they have one hell of a task ahead, as I seriously doubt they're just going to ignore everyone who is not a Little Buster like poor Suginami next to Kud.

Or the bus driver.
Old 2013-12-21, 16:38   Link #7
ChampDream
Alive

it was a nice episode. it show how much Rin has grow thanks to her friends and it look like she will save everyone.
Old 2013-12-21, 17:21   Link #8
Magicflier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
I'm also happy they explained Kyousuke's presence on the bus. But what about Haruka?
As I mentioned in the last episode discussion thread, it's easy to guess why Haruka's reason why she escaped her own class. Rewatch her arc from the first season if you don't remember. Another hint: Her regret was solved in the dream world, but it's still a problem in the real world. So I wonder why she didn't want to stay with her own class? Do you remember what her regret was?

Quote:
They also went into a bit more detail concerning Rin's past that left her traumatized to begin with, which has been bothering me since it was first mentioned. It's noteworthy, as I didn't expect them to explain anything at all at this point, though to be honest I still have no idea what actually happened to her. The sequence was scary enough and reminded me of the one with Miyuki on the roof (no idea what was going on there either) in episode 25.
About Rin's past and Miyuki's situation. It wasn't explained in the anime, but the visual novel has details for both. If your interested in hearing non-anime related details, I could fill you in, or you could ask some other vn reader.

Quote:
As for Rin's spiritual trip... I have no idea what happened there. Were those the actual people? Or only Komari? How could that happened now that the dream world is gone? And then Komari's ribbon starts to glow and Rin turns Super Saiyan.. what?
Nonetheless, the massive development for Rin is of course welcome, even if it was rather late.
Komari still kept the dream barely up even after Kyousuke left, as Komari implied when she said "Actually, I was suppose to go a long time ago..."
The scene with Rin and her super saiyan thing was really unnecessary and exaggerated, LOL. Ignore it, it'll hurt your head.

Rin's spiritual trip was probably reality-mixed memories of everybody that has left the dream world.

Last edited by Magicflier; 2013-12-21 at 17:31.
Old 2013-12-21, 19:38   Link #9
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I feel a little less irritated by Rin's cardboard role in the last episode since they seem to be going in a direction where she will get to be the big damn hero in the end. Also, giving her some moments with the girls was welcome, if not downright needed, since none of them had really gotten the spotlight this season.

The pacing feels a bit strange to me at the moment. I mean, that ostensibly impending gas explosion is being downright accommodating to meaningful epiphanies at this point. But hell, I can't think of a better way to do it without shortchanging all of the girls, Rin included.

I still don't like Kyousuke's chances, but it sounds like there may be hope for the rest of them yet, which is better than the prognosis they left us with last week.
Old 2013-12-21, 20:07   Link #10
Shana-tan
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Quote:
They also went into a bit more detail concerning Rin's past that left her traumatized to begin with, which has been bothering me since it was first mentioned. It's noteworthy, as I didn't expect them to explain anything at all at this point, though to be honest I still have no idea what actually happened to her. The sequence was scary enough
Anime-only here, because I couldn't play the VN with my old laptop... is it what I think it is...? If so I will burn Key...

Uruchai! Uruchai! Uruchai!
Old 2013-12-21, 20:18   Link #11
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Huh.. that ending scene was strange.. but it was a good Rin episode. God knows she needed that development.
Old 2013-12-21, 22:22   Link #12
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Alright so thank god they included what I wanted them to. I still have a bit of issues of how the accident played out, but that is being me. Still they did a pretty good job and improved on many points.

Quote:
I wanted a brutal scene with impact (does that make me a sadist?) and they certainly delivered.
I was in the same boat. Except I wanted a bit more like some screaming, but maybe everyone got knocked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan View Post
Anime-only here, because I couldn't play the VN with my old laptop... is it what I think it is...? If so I will burn Key...
In the novel they never mentioned what happened to her. Which is odd. So ,rest assured nobody has any real idea.
Old 2013-12-22, 01:37   Link #13
Yye1
Wide Right

oh wow... that was a pretty good episode, and it really explored more about rin

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-12-22, 03:19   Link #14
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

next episode is the last???? really??

finally..... Rin showed some response... and got huge development
it's like finally she's being honest with herself
her situation is little lame comparing to other girls but since she's the one who learned most, she's worth to be main girl in LB
and seeing the girls once more.... ah... that peaceful feelings
well, I don't mind Rin X Komari

time to put on some Key's magic? I truly hope there's some sequence about Riki and Rin living together first though (but it will be too late to save the students)

well, I hope we won't get any bloody sequence of any LB's members... it will break viewers' pure heart
Old 2013-12-22, 09:09   Link #15
novalysis

It might have been better had these scenes been scattered all throughout the adaptation after the completion of each girl's routes (with the exception of Kurugaya,for obvious reasons), as Komari's promise had been.

But other than that, this has been a surprisingly intelligent adaptation of a rather weakly written section of the VN (besides Komari's farewell, which was really strongly done in the original too). Shame that the girls have been grossly short changed, and could not part together just like the boys.

And now, for some Key Magic to save the day. (Although a little bit of courage (and friendship) is the true magic when it comes to Little Busters, I suspect).
Old 2013-12-22, 13:25   Link #16
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post

well, I hope we won't get any bloody sequence of any LB's members... it will break viewers' pure heart
well with how brutal that crash was, most of them are going to be hurt badly with all of the blood shown already. if they get just a few injuries is better than them dying unless they change it so it never happen.
Old 2013-12-22, 15:45   Link #17
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for Scene from the VN they skipped in the anime:
Old 2013-12-22, 19:09   Link #18
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I just want to confirmed one thing. Everything that has happened previously so far was all in a fantasy world right? So does that mean that the original Little Busters gang never made friends with the other five girls in real life?

BTW, that crash scene was so surreal, it felt like it you were there, very brutal.
Old 2013-12-22, 20:26   Link #19
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This might sound cold, but... she's not going to actually save them all, is she?

I have to be honest, I would find that very, very cheap.
Old 2013-12-22, 20:52   Link #20
Monoriu

Am I the only one who is a little disturbed by the fact that there was no attempt to call the emergency services? Did I miss it?
Closed Thread