AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-07, 15:13   Link #3961
SHINOBI-03

Guys, I'm serious about this.... do I really need to waste my time on this episode?! I've finished half of it and I can tell you it's a solid 9 from me! I think what I'm doing is pointless with an awesome episode like this!!
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 15:41   Link #3962
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I am speechless... OH MY GOD...
Old 2014-01-07, 16:16   Link #3963
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

What a splendid episode. I love the way Madhouse captured Togashi's pacing in this episode. I remember a few people complaining way back when this was happening in the manga. Saying that the narrator was tedious, but to me that is the only way to show how much is happening in those few short seconds.

The way Pitou is falling makes it seem like an eternity to fall to the ground because to her/him/it every nanosecond is a matter of life and death for the King.

I feel like they are going to do a great job in presenting the tense minutia of the action taking place during the coming conflict.

Netero. Dat punch. Epic.
Old 2014-01-07, 17:19   Link #3964
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

What can I say. Madhouse already charging into the new year with an absolutely amazing episode.

Avoid the episode preview unless you want major spoilers.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 17:52   Link #3965
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

man

amazing show

amazing ep

man

lol
cuzsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 18:09   Link #3966
Dextro
He Without a Title

That was a fantastic episode. It wasn't the kickass action from epic episodes like Gon x Hisoka and the like but it was fantastic in a different way. Netero is truly badass.

Spoiler for Netero:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Avoid the episode preview unless you want major spoilers.
This! I can't stress this enough.
Old 2014-01-07, 18:43   Link #3967
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That was a fantastic episode. It wasn't the kickass action from epic episodes like Gon x Hisoka and the like but it was fantastic in a different way. Netero is truly badass.

Spoiler for Netero:
The laws of anime

Law of Methusalem

The strenght of an anime character is inversely proportional to his age until he hits 50; then it becomes directly proportional again.

Corollary: Any character old enough that he should by all means be dead will instead be perfectly healthy and extremely dangerous. In fact, these guys tend to avoid dying because the Grim Reaper shits himself at the thought of coming close to them.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 18:45   Link #3968
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I found this episode slow, but that's because I already know what is going to happen and am dying to get to the juicy parts. The best is yet to come.
Old 2014-01-07, 18:57   Link #3969
HandofFate

What a buddha
Old 2014-01-07, 19:33   Link #3970
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

A lot of people probably don't think much of the narrator but personally it's one of the very few things that I find annoying about the show. It's not that big of a deal really, but every time they rely on it for exposition as much as they did this episode, I always feel it's just being lazy rather than a stylish choice in narrative.

The episode was a bit slow but the atmosphere more than made up for it. Netero is a beast, his backstory is awesome (it also has that ancient fable feel to it that I love) and his entrance was badass. I loved the way he made Pitou look like a novice. When it panned to Pitou's surprise after we were shown Netero's backstory, I couldn't help but notice the extreme contrast of their lives. One has only been alive for a few months and the other has been training for over a century and the difference showed.

I never would've thought Netero and Killua's grandad were so well acquainted but I guess it makes sense for those in powerful positions to know each other, especially if they're old *cough*Avatar*cough*. At first I thought them knowing each other would lead to the story making a parallel between their relationship and the Killua-Gon duo but then we find out that Netero is even older and I was like, "LOL NOPE".
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 19:53   Link #3971
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
A lot of people probably don't think much of the narrator but personally it's one of the very few things that I find annoying about the show. It's not that big of a deal really, but every time they rely on it for exposition as much as they did this episode, I always feel it's just being lazy rather than a stylish choice in narrative.
You might want to prepare yourself then. It will do this... ALOT. I think one of the chapters I read ahead (I'd already spoiled myself so it didn't matter to me) was nothing but narration. The next episode should be about 70% or so narration.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 20:03   Link #3972
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well we only had, like, five lines of dialogue that wasn't narration this episode (And I'm not counting Zeno's lines because technically he was narrating too), so it can't be too bad.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 21:02   Link #3973
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

wow an episode that covered only few seconds of what juts happened but yet still epic.
Old 2014-01-07, 21:39   Link #3974
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Loved the why Madhouse executed this ep. I can't imagine how hype this ep is for non manga readers
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 00:02   Link #3975
Funkatron
Highly irregular

This episode just pull a DBZ (seconds of action in a 25 minute episode) but did in such a magnificent way that had me on the edge of my seat. The narration MADE THIS EPISODE. I know the rule is show don't tell but this proves that doing but works when done right. This was done epiclly.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 01:05   Link #3976
revive4563

TENSION!
This is real, regardless the genre (typical shonen battle things).
Why I was Togashi hater?
Let's forget about fake Titan thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
I can't imagine how hype this ep is for non manga readers
EXACTLY.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 01:09   Link #3977
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Guys, lets try to be as "objective" as we can... but isn't this show absolutely the best on going anime at this time? What other ongoing shows could possible touch this? Attack on titan came close but it is already over so...
Old 2014-01-08, 01:57   Link #3978
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

Spoiler for Netero:
Look at his student Biscuit. She's almost 60 and looks like she's barely into her teens. If anything, 110 is younger than I thought...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 02:33   Link #3979
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

People complain about Togashi being slow, taking hiatuses. Look at it this way - if it takes Togashi ten years to write an arc like this one and no one else could do it in a thousand, he's pretty damn fast. So what the hell are they bitching about?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 04:44   Link #3980
Sabinswe

Awesome episode Netero made her look like the noob she was, I didn´t mind the narration.

From what I´ve heard the Animé will end after this Arc is there any truth to it?
Sabinswe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen