AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-27, 09:34   Link #921
Eratas123

Rika sure has changed Used to be she couldn't go a single sentence without spewin some kind of innuendo, now she's more......normal, I guess.
Old 2012-06-27, 10:07   Link #922
Candyshark

Ok seriously where does it stand they are cousins?? I call it 99% bull.
And if it is hypothetically true they hardly can see each other as such since they never grew up with idea being bloodrelated. Such twist adds nothing to whole ordeal.

And I'm supporter of YozoraxKodaka pairing not because I like her more than Sena. I consider she will benefit the most from the relationship. Sena is normal girl if you take away supremacy complex and oyaji persona. Yozora on an other hand has insecure personality, inadeqaute behavior, and too much guile for one man too handle. With Kodaka around she shows different side of hers, so she may be able to project it on others too. If even Sena respects Yozora so why should not Kodaka consider her more than just a friend?

Yozora stuck in the past? Well her feeling went from I want to meet my best friend to I love this guy. And what about Kodaka when did he give a single thought about Yozora actions. He doesn't even know where he stands with her.

Out of all characters I rather see next volume focus on Kodaka and his measures not to let things hang into the air like most of the harem leads do.

P.S. on the matter of Death Flags being childhood friend is HUGE Death Flag.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 11:01   Link #923
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post

Under that reasoning, Rika and even Yukimura stands a better chance of winning than Sena or Yozora.

For Yozora to win though, we'd need to see more development on her front. Oddly, it seems that Rika and to a lesser extent, Sena is getting the lions share of the development, in Volume 6 and 7. (Besides Kobato, of course).

But then again, Rika Victory in the PSP Game in her route was magnitudes more decisive than any of the other haremettes.

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-06-27 at 18:53.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 11:30   Link #924
mironicus

Quote:
Well her feeling went from I want to meet my best friend to I love this guy.
No, it went to "You are my possession". She is not even considering his own feelings.

Quote:
And what about Kodaka when did he give a single thought about Yozora actions. He doesn't even know where he stands with her.
You can't blame Kodaka for that. He also had no friends for ten years so he can't interpret her actions so well - and girls are complicated.

Kodaka can however quickly socialize with little girls (like Maria), because his own sister was the main social contact in his life as of yet. To conquer a guy who is a social outcast is extremely difficult.

So every girl that is interested in him has to built up a relationship from the ground, you need the right approach. Yozora thinks something like "if he recognize me as Sora everything will be fine". However that does not work. And the only way to his heart is "trust". Kodaka is not able to fall in love so easily because he is very critical against strangers, mainly because he was a social outcast his whole life. So trust is needed to gain his affection.

Quote:
For Yozora to win though, we'd need to see more development on her front.
The only new things we will learn about Yozora are new details about Taka and Sora from ten years ago.

I can see Yozora locking herself up with Kodaka and she does... nothing at all. As long as Kodaka is at her side, she is just fine. This room she locked herself up with him is the past. And Kodaka don't run away because he feels responsible for leaving her alone ten years ago.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-06-28 at 02:40.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 17:41   Link #925
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
You know, about a decade ago being an osananajimi was a HUGE Victory Flag.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 18:03   Link #926
Miraluka
Banned

Ukio from Ranma1/2 would like to protest at that trope.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 19:25   Link #927
sky black swordman

@mironicus I agree with all you said.

@Sumeragi Thats so true , but are there still not some case now where it is.

Here is a Q was yozora or in this case Sora in love or had feelings for Kodoka(Taka)?
I remember the reason that she did not show up at the supposed meeting time or day whatever was because she wanted to show up in a dress or something but was too embarrassed about being in a dress or skirt?
Does this mean or say she wanted Take to see her as a girl and not just a friend?
Old 2012-06-27, 19:38   Link #928
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Here is a Q was yozora or in this case Sora in love or had feelings for Kodoka(Taka)?
I remember the reason that she did not show up at the supposed meeting time or day whatever was because she wanted to show up in a dress or something but was too embarrassed about being in a dress or skirt?
Does this mean or say she wanted Take to see her as a girl and not just a friend?
Most likely so.. either that or she didn't like being mistaken for a dude, I know I wouldn't. She said that she didn't outright tell him because he wouldn't believe her.

"That's what I said! I wore girly clothes so that I could tell you that I was actually a girl! But I'd never worn a skirt before, so I was worried that it might not look good on me, and about how breezy it felt between my legs, and I thought you might laugh at me, or even worse, tell me that I looked disgusting or something, so I...!"

"Hmph, I just thought you wouldn't believe me if all I did was tell you I was a girl, because you were so dense you didn't notice, even though we spent so much time playing together."
Yozora quickly snapped back.
...Well, she does have a point, I might not have believed her back then if all she did was say she was a girl.
And if it ended up with me telling her, "Then show me some proof that you're a girl,"... No, let's not even imagine that...

The fact that she was concerned about whether she looked good or not makes me think she probably already liked him and so wanted to be seen as a girl. Whether she was aware of that fact is the question.
Old 2012-06-27, 20:44   Link #929
potchip

Quote:

Yozora stuck in the past? Well her feeling went from I want to meet my best friend to I love this guy. And what about Kodaka when did he give a single thought about Yozora actions. He doesn't even know where he stands with her.

Out of all characters I rather see next volume focus on Kodaka and his measures not to let things hang into the air like most of the harem leads do.

The problem with harem is, it is a narrow representation of real-world personalities. In the real world, male chase females. It's about the thrill of the chase and courtship. In harem, females throw themselves at the male, and the process becomes like a multiple choice - A is a childhood friend B has blue eyes C is blah blah. There's little representation of what the male character's preferences, likes etc because he's supposed to be mostly a placeholder. It is little wonder then your standard harem female 'taking the initiative' gets the spotlight because there's 0 chance a male lead is actually going to make a move on someone unsuspecting.

Kodaka has no problems with trust - he's quite trusting and in fact needy for friendship. If an average classmate offers him friendship now he'd probably cry. By setting he's just the unfortunate victim of circumstances. However whenever it comes to romance he'll just shutshop and run, and that's partly his personality as observed in vol 7 and partly the burden of a harem lead.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 01:59   Link #930
mironicus

My summary of the situation:
As long as Yozora sticks to the past, Kodaka will continue to constantly feel uneasy, guilty, and responsible for her.
For years Kodaka had those dreams that gives him the impression that he might have betrayed his best friend because he left her alone.
He wants to cut off this links, but he also don't want Yozora to hate him, and she don't let him go as long she sticks to the past.

And the following is my own speculation:
So he might even refuse Sena's offer to marry him because of this. But this will make him feel even more unlucky. Kodaka knows now that there is a girl that really loves him, and of course Kodaka also wants to be able to freely fall in love with someone he likes.

"So, you want to leave me again like you did ten years ago? I'll never let her have you! You belong to me, Taka! You belong to me for the rest of your life!"
This is what Yozora "might" think. She carries elements of this trauma with her everyday. She carries elements of her terror into every relationship and every classroom.

Well, you don't expect for Sena to give up on him so easily? Of course not. And also Rika might ask Kodaka why he refused her. As his best friend now, he might open his heart to her, and maybe also to Sena.

After this, the girls will confront Yozora that she makes him feel responsible for leaving her alone. And now Yozora is responsible for Kodaka to feel unlucky. Of course, Yozora don't want Kodaka to feel like this. They will talk. However... if she releases him from his guilt, she will loose him again. Even though he will not stand at her sight, she still can stand behind him and support him. As long as Kodaka is happy, she will be happy too.

After being released, Kodaka will confess to the girl he really likes.

Quote:
The fact that she was concerned about whether she looked good or not makes me think she probably already liked him and so wanted to be seen as a girl. Whether she was aware of that fact is the question.
At the end of Volume 6 Yozora changes her very attractive outfit to a very plain one after the others members told her that she looks very sexy in it. And Kodaka really liked her outfit. Even on their date in Volume 7, she still wear those plain clothes. So at the end she is more concerned about she looks herself, she don't want to stand out - another problem of a natural loner like her.

To be selfish is just natural for a person that is alone and has no friends. Kodaka's personality is not selfish, because he has his sister and he always takes care of her. It's just a natural thing for him to help others. On the other hand it is sad that he has no one that can support him if he has problems on his own (so he needs a friend). Sena, Yozora and Rika seems to be only childs. And Sena obviously sees Kobato as a sister she never had. Sena and Rika are able to change their personalities because they are now able to care for others.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-06-28 at 03:09.
Old 2012-06-28, 05:15   Link #931
sky black swordman

@mironicus I agree with on every thing.
To me Yozora is like a bubble ready to burst .
What are the chances this whole Kodoka and Sena cousins well set her over the top and she just confesses ever thing to Kodoka?
I think if Kodoka accepts and yozora finds out she will not front everybody break down. What do you think?
Old 2012-06-28, 18:10   Link #932
kfcpanda

Anyone doing a summary of this?
I haven't seen any updates from Seanver/Neighbor's Club...is he still doing a summary of this?
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 18:17   Link #933
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i cant be the only one that was expecting this to happen, am i?
Old 2012-06-28, 18:18   Link #934
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
@mironicus I agree with on every thing.
To me Yozora is like a bubble ready to burst .
What are the chances this whole Kodoka and Sena cousins well set her over the top and she just confesses ever thing to Kodoka?
I think if Kodoka accepts and yozora finds out she will not front everybody break down. What do you think?
I think you're a volume or two too late. Her bubble already burst and that's when she hacked her hair off. Also, what's there to confess besides her love or something...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 23:02   Link #935
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@Johnny i don't think her bubble has completely burst, but is over a field of needles and hovering dangerously close to them, her cutting her hair was an attempt i think to make her fly a bit higher over those needles by getting Kodaka to recognize her (which in all honesty i think worked). Problem is after that she started to sink again and decided to reveal that she and Kodaka are childhood friends (which again worked but only for a short time, she's sinking again already). Her most recent attempt to bring herself back up didn't work, she tried to get Kodaka to live in the past like her which he didn't.

I think that what is going to happen with these new developments (Rika becoming Kodaka's new best friend and finding out Sena is his cousin + from what i hear from previous posts confessing to him) is that she is going to have a complete mental breakdown right in front of Kodaka during some big event for them (while he is having fun with everyone but Yozora) and finally confessing everything all at once while also ruining the event for everyone else. This would be the biggest step for her to actually start to get a better life instead of constantly stabilizing the dying life she currently has.
Old 2012-06-29, 02:06   Link #936
Johnny
Working the bags...

Confessing what exactly and ruining what event? The way you portray her sounds like she could be bunk mates with Yuno from Mirai Nikki. Sorry, I just don't see her as some fragile little ball of mental mess that is on the verge of going full throttle insane...

All the characters have some sort of a character flaw. Not sure why she gets singled out all the time...?
Old 2012-06-29, 02:58   Link #937
mironicus

Here are some pictures from the latest volume.

Spoiler:

However now, Haganai is really getting serious.

Yozora was already lying on the ground at the end of volume 7 and now she gets absolutely isolated.

Spoiler:

Quote:
she is going to have a complete mental breakdown right in front of Kodaka
Well, might be. She isolates herself and now she will realize that she is responsible for her own deeds and the reason why she was alone all the time. Because in this situation everything backfires on her immediately. Before that all of her pranks just backfired after some time (like Yukimura turns out to be girl and she fooled her to dress as a maid).

This confrontation, this kind of shock will make her regret I suppose.

If she don't realize things will start to get even worse. So if Kodaka goes out with Sena, Yozora will probably stalk on them, making phone pranks, terrorize them like one of those jealous ex-girlfriends who can't get over her lost love etc.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-06-29 at 03:41.
Old 2012-06-29, 03:15   Link #938
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Here are some pictures from the latest volume.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/nomuken77/ar.../10146631.html
There also seems to be a chapter where Sena and Maria gets closer. And there is a very sweet picture of Yukimura and some other new girls.

However now, Haganai is really getting serious.

Yozora was already lying on the ground at the end of volume 7 and now she gets absolutely isolated. Everyone besides her makes a step forward. She can't even let out her anger on Sena any more, because she is Kodaka's cousin. No flyswatters, no teasing, nothing.

At the end she might just let out all her anger at once on Maria which leads to the point that she will seek protection within the group. You just can see the contrast between them. Everyone else makes friends and now they hold together against her violence behaviour.

Well, might be. She isolates herself and now she will realize that she is responsible for her own deeds and the reason why she was alone all the time. Because in this situation everything backfires on her immediately. Before that all her pranks just backfired after some time (like Yukimura turns out to be girl and she fooled her to dress as a maid).

This confrontation, this kind of shock will make her regret I suppose.
Anything that could be considered spoiler should be put in spoiler tags, i.e anything volume 8 related...

As for the rest. I think you really need to remove those Sena glasses once again. The Yozora part I think you can only be referring to is her being punished for plagiarizing her so called play. The rest is just a broken record of what you hope happens. Nothing concrete at all just pure biased speculation...
Old 2012-06-29, 03:33   Link #939
mironicus

No, I am referring to the whole story and Yozora's behaviour from the beginning - so my thoughts are not based on only one chapter.

Since she began to show off being his childhood friend and realizing that this is just worth a poop she was loosing all her confidence in herself. She changed her clothing style and makes herself unattractive and she turned into an ugly duck and continues to pity herself. She has nothing else she can rely on.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-06-29 at 03:47.
Old 2012-06-29, 03:48   Link #940
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
No, I am referring to the whole story and Yozora's behaviour from the beginning - so my thoughts are not based on only one chapter.

Since she began to show off being his childhood friend and realizing that this is just worth a poop she was loosing all her confidence in herself. She changed her clothing style and makes herself unattractive and she turned into an ugly duck.
Agreed and it was vol 6 in the beginning when she did this.

To be honest I dont get her sometimes. In vol 4 when he found out she was Sora , he asked her I think what she wanted to be call 'Yozora" or well "Sora'. So Yozora said just call me "Yozora" .
Does Yozora want to start a new relationship with kodoka as "Yozora"?
But the way it looks and the way she acts is that she wants things to back to way they were in the past the relationship betweeen Sora and taka.

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen