AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-15, 02:59   Link #1441
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
well for me Simone background was important for Kanako's development imo. I don't see Simone playing a big role unless her dad comes back or something. Maybe her dad is the leader of the Crux.
I agree but I doubt that her dad is the Leader... as u can see the position is for the King's Pillar (Sugata),... besides, Kanako mentioned in one ep (I guess ep 3) that if they don't beat Takuto her husband will be in a serious pinch...his real goal is to get the Cybodies out of Zero Time.
Old 2010-12-15, 06:37   Link #1442
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for WARNING: Another Yaoi Suggestive. You'll be warned.:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 08:14   Link #1443
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Spoiler for WARNING: Another Yaoi Suggestive. You'll be warned.:
Nice shots ..
Old 2010-12-15, 22:30   Link #1444
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
well for me Simone background was important for Kanako's development imo. I don't see Simone playing a big role unless her dad comes back or something. Maybe her dad is the leader of the Crux.
True, it did help in adding more depth to Kanako, though I did like that they did it through another character who developed them too. Probably not unless it is in relation to Takashi, who has a mark and who I'd expect would show up again. I wonder why precisely he doesn't simply fight with it, though I guess having one is a bit of a big deal.

Doubt he's the leader. Major financial backer sure, but I'd think the leader would be someone who is more involved than he seems to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinic View Post
I agree but I doubt that her dad is the Leader... as u can see the position is for the King's Pillar (Sugata),... besides, Kanako mentioned in one ep (I guess ep 3) that if they don't beat Takuto her husband will be in a serious pinch...his real goal is to get the Cybodies out of Zero Time.
Is that exactly what that position is for? I was just given the impression that he would be head of the 1st section, though there were indications they'd just hand over the title of leader. After all, it is the King Cybody.

I'm currently expecting Head to eventually be the leader after he pummels Takuto. That or Head turns Sugata and Sugata full awakens Samekh and beats Takuto, with Head perhaps manipulating him like an advisor or something. Sugata currently gives Takuto too much of an advantage over all the strengths he already has after all. Unless Head really is quite powerful and everyone's skills go way up once Phase 3 occurs.

She did say that regarding him, but I'm sort of expecting him to remain a shadowy presence without too much input that we see.

I've currently got this weird idea for this show's final battles with everyone apprivoising and we have some huge battle of Takuto vs. everyone. Of course, it would be even cooler if it was Sugata and Takuto vs. everyone, but that'd be over way too fast.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 01:13   Link #1445
Key Board
Carbon

I think the story is emphasizing that being on that the island is a prison
You can never be truly free as long as you are on that island

I wonder if this is drawing parallels to Utena's Ohtori Academy

By this theory, I'm going to say that the true villain is one who wants to keep things locked within the island

But no one really fits this bill so far.

Crux wants to liberate the Cybodies from the island

Takuto wants destroy all the Cybodies hence rendering the need for seals useless and thus allowing
Wako to leave the island.

Sugata makes it quite obvious that he resents being trapped here.

Hmm...

Utena didn't introduce the last villain Akio until midway. Can we expect the same for Star Driver?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 02:07   Link #1446
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I've been hearing some people say that breaking the seal of the maidens means losing their virginity.... like wtf?
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 02:54   Link #1447
Kagura89

Quote:
I've been hearing some people say that breaking the seal of the maidens means losing their virginity.... like wtf?
Hurf it's kind of metaphor that a maiden is a "pure girl" that been "violated" by Crux members to release the seal. See the situation around Fish Girl & Head, when she willingly sticking around with Head that have break her seal <insert sexual innuendo here>. Since this is Enokido we're talking about it's not him without sexual metaphor around "breaking the maidens seal"

Star Driver: A show about bunch of teenagers cultists trying to break seals of maidens to unleash it's hidden power.
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 02:57   Link #1448
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Hello,

I'm working on creating character and other profiles for Star Driver over on the site AnimeVice (a wikia/review/facebook type site dedicated to manga and anime). I haven't watched any of this series since I have pretty much tried to swear off fansubs for anything other than VIZ Media series.

I've created profiles for just about every character over on Anime Vice, other that little fox critter I've seen in pictures. I'm a little unclear about something. Are the Cybodies living creatures like characters, or are them more objects? I want to make profiles for the Cybodies, but I need to classify them as either characters or objects. If they have their own voice actors. I would think they would count as characters. It's a tricky subject with things like this.
I know Anime Vice classifies the Evangelions, Nirvash, and Hero-Man as characters.

Also, I'm having a hard time finding out the name of the little fox.
Old 2010-12-16, 04:31   Link #1449
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Hello,

I'm working on creating character and other profiles for Star Driver over on the site AnimeVice (a wikia/review/facebook type site dedicated to manga and anime). I haven't watched any of this series since I have pretty much tried to swear off fansubs for anything other than VIZ Media series.

I've created profiles for just about every character over on Anime Vice, other that little fox critter I've seen in pictures. I'm a little unclear about something. Are the Cybodies living creatures like characters, or are them more objects? I want to make profiles for the Cybodies, but I need to classify them as either characters or objects. If they have their own voice actors. I would think they would count as characters. It's a tricky subject with things like this.
I know Anime Vice classifies the Evangelions, Nirvash, and Hero-Man as characters.

Well Cybodies kinda do resemble the ones that pilot them so it might be consider a character.
Old 2010-12-16, 04:41   Link #1450
pingva

Quote:
Hello,

Little fox is called Vice President.
Cybodies in real world are big dolls. In Zero Time Cybodies takes the shape according to the owner-all Cybodies are different. Cybodies doesn't have any voice so far and they are more like Gundam.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 06:14   Link #1451
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well I must say, I'm pretty late to the party on this one . Decided to grind 11 episodes tonight to catch up.

Lately I've had a lack of action series, so this definitely was welcomed with open arms to me. However, that is not going to stop me from being critical of it, despite enjoying the show.

The main draw of this show thus far has been, as others have pointed out, the main trio. Sugata and Takuto are two charismatic leads, while Wako for once is a normal girl without any severe mental disorders. It's just fun to watch them interact, in light hearted moments, as well as more serious. I don't get tired of seeing any of them on screen. I cannot express enough how huge this for the enjoyment of the show. Too many times I feel like I'm "stuck" with an annoying sidekick, or some irksome male/female lead that I have to endure for the sake of the show's enjoyment.

I will however, point out that there is a problem with the concept of the show and that is that the villains haven't exactly been all that compelling. They don't seem to kill, or do anything truly underhanded. They're constantly spying on our leads, but don't do much with that information. Hell, you never even get the sense that our hero Takuto is any danger at any point during his battles past the first episode. He has yet to suffer any consequences for any of his battles, and his character has been tested more so far by Sugata than any of the villains (Though it's very possible he may switch sides in the end).

Let me make this clear though, the villains haven't been compelling for the role of the "antagonists" in this series, but some of them have been decent or interesting characters in their own right. I just don't get the sense of a "villain" from them, or true "antagonist." They don't necessarily have to be truly evil, though that's one route they can take, but they definitely should pose more of a looming danger than they have been currently.

As far as I can understand in this series, the good guys are just trying to prevent the bad guys from bring out cybodies into the real world. And while that's nice, if our antagonists were supposedly going to use these cybodies for bad purposes, would it not be important to express this more clearly? Some of the antagonists apparently want to use them for good purposes, so this only confuses me more. Overall it just makes it so there's less tension in the plot. Antagonists that have yet to challenge our main character seriously in any way, that barely interact personally with our main character to provide the "psychological warfare," and sit idly by while making no serious efforts to reach their goals, are not really antagonists at all.

What this does is focus the drama of the series, the emotional conflict on the emotional troubles of those in the trio (Which I should say right now seems to be only Wako and Sugata so far, though I'm sure Tokuto has his story). Sure we get some development for the fighters on the other side like in episode 11, but that doesn't provide much of a "main conflict" in this story, from an emotional point of view.

And sure, maybe this story wasn't supposed to be about anything like that. So far not one single person has died, and there hasn't even been a spec of blood. It's geared up so far as a fun adventure, as if I was a kid who day dreamed some glorious world where I could fight in a fantastic fashion. But what I saw in episodes 6-8, shows me that this show can elevate to levels yet seen. Right now, this has been like your typical summer blockbuster, which is really fun and all, but it hasn't done anything to set itself aside from the others. I'm looking for something to make this truly memorable.

Anyhow I'm enjoying the show. The fights themselves haven't been the greatest, but still entertaining. I'd list more thoughts, especially on episode 11, but I'm tired and will do so another time.

EDIT: I couldn't find this information anywhere. Is this series only 13 episodes long or what? Please tell me it's at least two cours long or that there are plans for future seasons.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 08:56   Link #1452
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
EDIT: I couldn't find this information anywhere. Is this series only 13 episodes long or what? Please tell me it's at least two cours long or that there are plans for future seasons.
You needn't to worry.. It's 25 episodes long., so it's 2 cours.
Old 2010-12-16, 11:08   Link #1453
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Well Cybodies kinda do resemble the ones that pilot them so it might be consider a character.
Thank you. That's helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Little fox is called Vice President.
Cybodies in real world are big dolls. In Zero Time Cybodies takes the shape according to the owner-all Cybodies are different. Cybodies doesn't have any voice so far and they are more like Gundam.
Oh, the fox is named Vice President. That's kind of cute. Do you know how they pronounce that in Japanese? There are a few different ways that could be said in Japanese.

That's the conundrum I am facing with making these profiles. If I remember correctly, neither the Nirvash, Evas, or Hero-Man ever talk. Still Anime Vice(AV) classifies them as characters. Well, AV has profiles for the Nirvash in both characters and objects section, but that's something that needs clearing up. One of the troubles of being based on user content. Occasionally you get duel profiles of things.

Cybodies are basically called cyborg's right? That implies organics.
Old 2010-12-16, 12:18   Link #1454
pingva

Quote:
Thank you. That's helpful.

Oh, the fox is named Vice President. That's kind of cute. Do you know how they pronounce that in Japanese? There are a few different ways that could be said in Japanese.

That's the conundrum I am facing with making these profiles. If I remember correctly, neither the Nirvash, Evas, or Hero-Man ever talk. Still Anime Vice(AV) classifies them as characters. Well, AV has profiles for the Nirvash in both characters and objects section, but that's something that needs clearing up. One of the troubles of being based on user content. Occasionally you get duel profiles of things.

Cybodies are basically called cyborg's right? That implies organics.
Vice President - 副部長(ふくぶちょう) - listened and Sarina (drama club president) pronounced it - fukubuchō (2nd episode).

Cybodies seems are organic. There was a talk about their genes and their memories. When I think about it more, they seem more as characters.
Old 2010-12-16, 14:55   Link #1455
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Vice President - 副部長(ふくぶちょう) - listened and Sarina (drama club president) pronounced it - fukubuchō (2nd episode).

Cybodies seems are organic. There was a talk about their genes and their memories. When I think about it more, they seem more as characters.
Thanks,

I found information on Vice President.

Well, let me ask something. Are cybodies a race of creatures or are they something that were created?
Old 2010-12-16, 15:39   Link #1456
pingva

Quote:
Are cybodies a race of creatures or are they something that were created?
So far the anime didn't give the answer to this question.
Old 2010-12-16, 18:59   Link #1457
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Let me make this clear though, the villains haven't been compelling for the role of the "antagonists" in this series, but some of them have been decent or interesting characters in their own right. I just don't get the sense of a "villain" from them, or true "antagonist." They don't necessarily have to be truly evil, though that's one route they can take, but they definitely should pose more of a looming danger than they have been currently.

As far as I can understand in this series, the good guys are just trying to prevent the bad guys from bring out cybodies into the real world. And while that's nice, if our antagonists were supposedly going to use these cybodies for bad purposes, would it not be important to express this more clearly? Some of the antagonists apparently want to use them for good purposes, so this only confuses me more. Overall it just makes it so there's less tension in the plot. Antagonists that have yet to challenge our main character seriously in any way, that barely interact personally with our main character to provide the "psychological warfare," and sit idly by while making no serious efforts to reach their goals, are not really antagonists at all.
Things like this is what draws me to the series. Things like how the main characters and many of the antagonists interact so casually outside of Zero Time and the humanization of the others makes me feel like there's depth or a twist I'm waiting for, and that I might find that the Glittering Crux isn't as completely evil as I should expect. Also, the lack of conflict in the "real" world combined with the constant threat of something actually happening [Such as the dolls and Sugata's first King's Pillar] is another chance for an escalation.

I just feel that there's so much potential for this plot and its characters that I can't help but want to keep watching. Also, Mizuno's song is growing on me. The background instrumental and the crescendo, more specifically. It's definitely fit for this stage of the show. This and TWGOK definitely have the better soundtracks of the year.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 22:47   Link #1458
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Spoiler for New Spoilers and such:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 01:49   Link #1459
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Isn't Good Haro a forum member here?
Old 2010-12-18, 06:21   Link #1460
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Isn't Good Haro a forum member here?
She is, though I've only seen her post once here. But her blog has lots of SD info and spoilers.
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen