AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 21:39   Link #381
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
it's Skuld, not Urd :P
Sorry. Pulled out an all-nighter waiting for ep. 2 to air LOL I seriously need to sleep now but nah... I'll fix that up right away.

And she was an employee? I thought she was an A.I.?
Old 2012-07-14, 21:41   Link #382
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

In-universe speculation by Kirito - it's mentioned that some ALO employees roleplay as the NPCs/quest givers. Note that she gives Klein what seems to be a mail address, which an AI cannot have.

...unless she is an AI with an email address...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:57   Link #383
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
In-universe speculation by Kirito - it's mentioned that some ALO employees roleplay as the NPCs/quest givers. Note that she gives Klein what seems to be a mail address, which an AI cannot have.

...unless she is an AI with an email address...
which makes her, and subsequently Klein, even more awesome
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 22:04   Link #384
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
which makes her, and subsequently Klein, even more awesome
Agreed on all counts
Old 2012-07-15, 01:32   Link #385
Flere821
Lurker

Beater episode was lack-lustre IMO. Kirito wasn't stated to take on the role of Beater to let other Beta players off the hook, and Diabel's last selfish attempt to try and get the last attack came completely at odds with his leadership of trying to clear the 1st floor, when we don't have the build-up given in Aria.

Asuna, well I'll admit not portraying her as the newb as in Aria probably isn't important in the long run, when later on she's the 2nd-in-command of KoB. But IMO this made her lack of knowledge about the system/gameplay (eg, where to see your teammate's name, and 'switch') jarring. Right now Asuna with what we have in the anime is 'a swordswoman who's kinda a loner and has potential', without the build-up in Aria that gives her a bit more depth. As it is now I'm not quite satisfied, but this can change later on.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 01:37   Link #386
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Beater episode was lack-lustre IMO. Kirito wasn't stated to take on the role of Beater to let other Beta players off the hook, and Diabel's last selfish attempt to try and get the last attack came completely at odds with his leadership of trying to clear the 1st floor, when we don't have the build-up given in Aria.

Asuna, well I'll admit not portraying her as the newb as in Aria probably isn't important in the long run, when later on she's the 2nd-in-command of KoB. But IMO this made her lack of knowledge about the system/gameplay (eg, where to see your teammate's name, and 'switch') jarring. Right now Asuna with what we have in the anime is 'a swordswoman who's kinda a loner and has potential', without the build-up in Aria that gives her a bit more depth. As it is now I'm not quite satisfied, but this can change later on.
To be honest, I have issues with the Aria side story in general.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 01:40   Link #387
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
To be honest, I have issues with the Aria side story in general.
*shrug* we all have our opinions, let's leave it at that. I just wanted to say my own 2 cents
Old 2012-07-15, 02:20   Link #388
novalysis

I think with this pacing, we are definitely going to see ALO too.

Also, if Red Nose Reindeer can't make me feel for Kirito like the LN did, I'd say this anime flubbed the next episode.

There's going to be a horde of critics walking in next week proclaiming: who cares about Sachi anyway? Why should we care?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 02:27   Link #389
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post

Also, if Red Nose Reindeer can't make me feel for Kirito like the LN did, I'd say this anime flubbed the next episode.

There's going to be a horde of critics walking in next week proclaiming: who cares about Sachi anyway? Why should we care?
*winces* yeah, I can see that happening. Can they really portray Kirito's guilt of letting people die because he 'selfishly' wanted to have some friends, or his despair in how the fact people don't come back after they die sinking in, within maybe 10 minutes? The rest of it will probably be him level-grinding or solo the boss.

Judging from the PVs though, Klein's bit looks like it'll be as impacting as in the LNs, so that's a plus
Old 2012-07-15, 02:36   Link #390
lansglenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
*winces* yeah, I can see that happening. Can they really portray Kirito's guilt of letting people die because he 'selfishly' wanted to have some friends, or his despair in how the fact people don't come back after they die sinking in, within maybe 10 minutes? The rest of it will probably be him level-grinding or solo the boss.

Judging from the PVs though, Klein's bit looks like it'll be as impacting as in the LNs, so that's a plus
The most we'll feel for any character within the span of 1 episode is about as much as we feel for Diabel in ep2.
Old 2012-07-15, 02:42   Link #391
novalysis

Write off Red Nose Reindeer then? If RNR fails, the rest of the entire arc, up till Asuna and Kirito forms a permanent team or Kirito joining the KoB is going to flop . Hard. Black Swordsman and Warmth of the Heart makes the most sense only when you consider Kirito's state of mind by Red Nose Reindeer.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 02:57   Link #392
com_gwp

Quote:

Oh man, you've summed up my fears pretty well. I honestly don't see how the anime can convincingly convey Kirito's and Sachi's loneliness and the impact of her death to the audience if it's a one parter, especially when we're this early in. And RNR is an event that has longstanding consequences reaching even into the ALO arc. They really should kick down the pacing a notch. Aria would've done more good as a two parter as well to better establish the concept of the beaters and Asuna's initial suicidal character.

It almost feels like they're aiming for a 50-50 break between SAO and ALO at this rate, which I honestly don't think should be the case. ALO can be covered in less episodes than SAO without even leaving out much, since the scope and number of characters are much smaller than SAO.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 03:36   Link #393
Hmm....

Quote:
Write off Red Nose Reindeer then? If RNR fails, the rest of the entire arc, up till Asuna and Kirito forms a permanent team or Kirito joining the KoB is going to flop . Hard. Black Swordsman and Warmth of the Heart makes the most sense only when you consider Kirito's state of mind by Red Nose Reindeer.
My predictation is RNR will be the same as Aria, fail for LN novel, quite good for anime viewer.
It won't harm the upcoming story. We will get a typical solo main lead wander from floor to floor helping girls he found and add them to his harem.
(Did he ever help any male player ?? )

EDIT: It seem ppl still love Asuna enough with the introduction she had in this episode. So it's not that fail I guess
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 03:42   Link #394
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
My predictation is RNR will be the same as Aria, fail for LN novel, quite good for anime viewer.
It won't harm the upcoming story. We will get a typical solo main lead wander from floor to floor helping girls he found and add them to his harem.
(Did he ever help any male player ?? )

EDIT: It seem ppl still love Asuna enough with the introduction she had in this episode. So it's not that fail I guess
Actually he did help... no that's not... Oh how bout... nah not that too... well maybe that guy... nope not really............

Nevermind
Old 2012-07-15, 03:53   Link #395
Awrya
U mad?

Looks like all the rushing through side stories is to allow the actual story in Vol. 1 to progress. For anime-only viewers it is pretty entertaining, but for LN readers the studio just butchered it up

RNR will probably be in the timeline where Kirito has just joined with the guild, so we won't get a cameo of evil Santa Claus
On a more serious note, he caused the guild to wipe+suicide, he lived with that guild for a long time, even pushing himself to get that resurrection item during the Christmas event. Can one episode really convey all the feeling Kirito experienced like the LN did?
Old 2012-07-15, 03:58   Link #396
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Looks like all the rushing through side stories is to allow the actual story in Vol. 1 to progress. For anime-only viewers it is pretty entertaining, but for LN readers the studio just butchered it up

RNR will probably be in the timeline where Kirito has just joined with the guild, so we won't get a cameo of evil Santa Claus
On a more serious note, he caused the guild to wipe+suicide, he lived with that guild for a long time, even pushing himself to get that resurrection item during the Christmas event. Can one episode really convey all the feeling Kirito experienced like the LN did?
It'll still follow the LNs I believe, the PV already showed some parts of the christmas scene. Or they probably wouldn't have called it RNR anyways
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 04:03   Link #397
maelstormCaT

I have no problem with the pacing.
Sure they rush Aria, but all the important point is still there, so it's all good.
Shame about no Argo, but it's a good episode nonetheless.

I gave this ep an 8.5 out of 10.
The boss fight scene is very good.
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 04:17   Link #398
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Hope they do the actual v1 better then aria considering they have about 6/7 eps to do so. Warmth of the heart is included lol
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 04:21   Link #399
balu01

I hope this is the right place to ask this:
Could someone summarize what was left out from the LN in the 2nd anime episode? Or which parts of the LN should I read if I'm interested in these missing parts? Thanks in advance!
balu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 04:37   Link #400
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balu01 View Post
I hope this is the right place to ask this:
Could someone summarize what was left out from the LN in the 2nd anime episode? Or which parts of the LN should I read if I'm interested in these missing parts? Thanks in advance!
Actually to get the entire feel you need to read the entirety of the side story Aria in the Starless Night. Things play out very differently. So as not to spoil the rest of the anime I suggest only reading this SS for now.