AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-02, 22:28   Link #381
Snuffle
likes cute things

Not sure if this was mentioned, but there might be a problem that will obstruct the MC's possible future plan to take Miusel to Japan.

I assume Japan monitors who goes in and out of that dimensional portal, so I doubt they would allow non-human through it. Even if he is able to take her to the other world, she might be stuck working in Akihabara as a cosplay maid or something. Doing that might attract attention from some pervert that likes elf ears that would attempt to grope them (I doubt she could hide them forever). Language is not a problem, just treat her as a foreigner. I'm sure there are more issues that would be a concern....
Old 2013-11-02, 22:32   Link #382
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
US imperialism of the early 20th century aside, the British conquest of the Indian subcontinent is pretty much a textbook example of this.
Absolutely. And it could be argued that it was the driving force behind the great European "age of exploration" from the mid-Renaissance time period on, whether to the Americas (the west), Africa (the south) or the "Far East". But this is more of an illustration for what could be going on with Japan's support of Shinichi to this new country and possible places the series could wander into and "get serious".

And I hope it is willing to go there or to similar territory. I'd esp be interested to see what the MC would do. Would he do something like try to destroy or seal the gate off from the gvmt on his own to prevent this, for example?
Old 2013-11-02, 22:44   Link #383
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Absolutely. And it could be argued that it was the driving force behind the great European "age of exploration" from the mid-Renaissance time period on, whether to the Americas (the west), Africa (the south) or the "Far East". But this is more of an illustration for what could be going on with Japan's support of Shinichi to this new country and possible places the series could wander into and "get serious".

And I hope it is willing to go there or to similar territory. I'd esp be interested to see what the MC would do. Would he do something like try to destroy or seal the gate off from the gvmt on his own to prevent this, for example?
Yeah, I can see the main character destroy the gate in the end if the Japan is planning to conquer the country. But then, it would be sad because the main character will not going to see his harem if he did that.

Hope that this series remains gag.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 22:56   Link #384
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Yeah, I can see the main character destroy the gate in the end if the Japan is planning to conquer the country. But then, it would be sad because the main character will not going to see his harem if he did that.

Hope that this series remains gag.
You know, just b/c he destroys the gate the gvmt knows about does not mean another gate could not be made to transport him back to Eldant or something like that. After all, we don't know much about the gates.
Old 2013-11-03, 02:10   Link #385
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Ah., that's what I get for coming to the ongoing thread discussion late - lack of articulation on my part! Sorry about that....

I can definitely see a few angles contributing to her desire to leave Eldant. The problem is this: earth has no demihuman or fantastical races - at least as far as the series shows so far - whereas Eldant did before Shinichi's arrival.

That's a big difference, plus the Japanese gvmt is keeping the existence of Eldant under wraps as a matter of policy. In other words, two totally different set of circumstances and one in which makes Miusel returning to Japan nigh impossible.

And who is to say the people of earth (not very profound examples historically world-wide of the principle of equality to say the least... Japan being no exception) would welcome the demihumans or not try to exploit them, or the kingdom itself for that matter?
My guess is that all the Japanese she's met (not just Shinichi) have treated her very, very well compared to their Eldant counterparts. It wouldn't be weird for her to conclude that all Japanese are... if not "nice", at least "not prejudiced against half-Elf".

And it's obvious why she'd want to stay with Shinichi. (I think that's the issue for her, more than a desire to leave Eldant or discover Japan.)

Still, he should have explained to her things aren't so simple. He has to get Japan and Eldant to a point where people (including non-humans) can freely travel from one to the other before he can even consider bringing her. He should tell her that, instead of letting her think it's solely his decision.

And maybe he should let her in on the fact he may not be able to find another job if he loses this one.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2013-11-03 at 02:46.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 02:25   Link #386
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Good points Anh, and agreed on many of them.

I'd like to see more reflections on the MC part regarding the siuation he is in (like the "am I an invader" kinda stuff, or realizations of equality he presupposes as an everyday reality being an almost non-existent feature in Eldant and the ramifications that has on what he does, what he intends to do, qnd what he feels he should do), for example. I think they could lead him eventually to articulating such answers to himself.

He strikes me as quick-witted and sharp, but lacking IRL xp. With more of that bringing up and things, responding to others and discussing possible alternatives from different angles will come more naturally, I think.
Old 2013-11-03, 06:29   Link #387
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
I'd like to see more reflections on the MC part regarding the siuation he is in (like the "am I an invader" kinda stuff, or realizations of equality he presupposes as an everyday reality being an almost non-existent feature in Eldant and the ramifications that has on what he does, what he intends to do, qnd what he feels he should do), for example. I think they could lead him eventually to articulating such answers to himself.

He strikes me as quick-witted and sharp, but lacking IRL xp. With more of that bringing up and things, responding to others and discussing possible alternatives from different angles will come more naturally, I think.
What we can expect is that Shinichi might face more assassination attempts in the future (at least one more for the forseeable future), to further drive home the point that the change he's attempting to spread to the people of this world may not be what some renegades might want, or at the very least, even more obstacles that may not yet have surfaced as of current events.

He is no doubt knowledgeable and can think on his feet, but his lack of understanding of culture in Eldant and its world presents something that he has to learn and consider about when he's making a huge decision regarding his mission and job in the future. It's something he hasn't really been doing and there's this self-admission in episode 5 where he lampshades the fact that the children in his class are taking to the otaku culture too quickly, because their concept of it is from a different point of view from what he is used to back in Japan.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 06:37   Link #388
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If they're all like the first ones (human supremacists without even a hint of redeeming quality like "noblesse oblige"), being their target will just drive home the point he's doing something right.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2013-11-03 at 07:28.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 07:12   Link #389
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If they're all like the first ones (human supremacists without even a hint of redeeming quality like "nobless oblige"), being their target will just drive home the point he's doing something right.
A very good point - they're targeting him because the change is good for the world as a whole, but not for them because of their supremacist thinking.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 01:39   Link #390
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

When poor Myucel-san was like "Will I be allowed to go with you to your world", I couldn't hep but be sad and take note of a potential flag where the humans from Tokyo are back in their world for something, and then all of a sudden something happens and this "portal" / gateway between the two worlds is lost.

Could totally see that happening, and then something big (cheesy) by the MC to find a way through the power of love (otaku) to get back to Myucel, and most likely just live in their world over his own.
Old 2013-11-04, 23:00   Link #391
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Feels refreshing returning to review Outbreak Company after a two weeks haitus.

The more episodes I watch the more I enjoy this show as a whole. In fact, the first episode gives off the impression that's just going to be all otaku culture and hilarious mayhem in another world, however, as Shinichi gets himself to be acquainted and seeing for himself the many social and caste issues in the other world, then the more the plot goes deep addressing the many problems and discrimination that the members of the cast face and challenge.

The last episode with the terrorists attempting to burn down the school hit a milestone in terms of serious drama and tense climax. Myuzel even took the blow to protect Petrarca from getting killed.

Now, another thing that the show does is how to liven up the mood even after the developments throw some nasty events like the aformentioned terrorist attempt.
The start of the fourth episode tricked me into believing that Myuzel had died, but the joke was addressed at Petrarca sobbing for the death of her pet fish.

I believe the show takes itself seriously but in a lighthearted context adhering to the standards of otaku culture. Still, Shinichi has ways to go in order to bring down the social barrier amongst castes, although he and Minori teaching advanced terms such as: "Zettai Ryouiki", "BL", etc. would be cause for many troublesome misunderstandings at class and outside school hours.

Anyways, with Elbia's addition to his har..., uh, I mean his team, then he's going to teach the importance of drawing manga.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 17:09   Link #392
chaos_animagic

Female Dwarf = forever Loli

True Words. Dwarfs are so lucky.

(well... if the female dwarfs are cute like in this anime, not good if it's fat like on games)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 17:28   Link #393
Breimoon

let's just hope she will not grow a beard , remember reading a fantasy book with dwarves as MC that said the best part of a dwarf girl was their beard(to hang on during certain acts....)
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 14:44   Link #394
Nurin
闇の持ち主

Spoiler for epi 6:
Old 2013-11-07, 15:00   Link #395
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 07:55   Link #396
Breimoon

from next episode preview seems like shinichi sees his old crush go out with someone else, and seems like at least some of them will go to akihabara.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 08:41   Link #397
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

This was a really strong episode. Easily one of the best ones this season of all the shows I'm watching. Matobe is not to be trusted. Not at all.
Old 2013-11-08, 09:48   Link #398
YuzurihaAsuna

Nice episode as usual. Though the preview for the next episode piqued by interest.. Can't wait for the next episode! need more Miusel or Myucel or whatever the spelling is
Old 2013-11-08, 10:41   Link #399
EroKing

That preview "ne, why are all your saves right before the sex scenes?"
Old 2013-11-08, 11:02   Link #400
MartianMage

That soccer match was brutal. But I have to give it to the dwarves... not counting their absurd strength they actually play soccer really well.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, romantic comedy, shounen