Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 11:27   Link #1
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Super Robot Wars Z (PS2)

Yep, apparently from this Famitsu scan, there's a new SRW underway, and guess what, it's for the PS2.

I still have to play the rest of the franchise, but I think it's awesome news. The PS2 still deserves lots of love, especially from 2D games. I can see an LFO there, which makes me quite happy indeed.

More images here.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 12:00   Link #2
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I think it's better if we include every of SRW title in this thread, since it's like SRW's home in Games section, and people already discussed about SRW Z already.

Anyway, the choice is your .
Old 2008-04-16, 12:09   Link #3
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Well, I ignored the OG thread since it says "OG" and Z is clearly not OG

Mods, feel free to do what you wish with this thread (merging the other posts in this would be a good idea).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 12:37   Link #4
Elvin

Finally Eureka 7, GSD, and Aquarion :P

Too bad I only know like 60 kanji
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:40   Link #5
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

How about we just have a thread for SRW only. It's nice to have UC Gundam back and those Seed Gundam out, because I hated the protect the PLANT from nuclear missile stages.
Old 2008-04-16, 14:40   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
How about we just have a thread for SRW only. It's nice to have UC Gundam back and those Seed Gundam out, because I hated the protect the PLANT from nuclear missile stages.
Yes, but now make way for...SEED DESTINY! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anyway, I've got the info up in the usual place complete with scans and personal thoughts so check it out if you want to folks.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 15:04   Link #7
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Haven't watch Gravion/Zwei, but from what I've seen, I think I like their mecha designs.

Eureka Seven & GSD is a plus to me. C'mon, who can resist the thought of kicking Kira's ass when he tries his arm invention? Aquarion is a ok, since I'm don't think it's bad.
Other series are out of my knowledge, so I won't make any comment about them.

No Code Geass is understandable, since the 2nd season is still ongoing, and the first one end with a freaking cliffhanger that I know they can't resolve it in SRW. Gurren Lagann is, well....maybe it can't fit in the story of SRW Z.

What concerns me the most right now is the Banpresto's original units.

[edit]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Why do I keep imagining that it's Panzer World Galient or Armored Trooper Votoms?
Votom....I just have the feeling that it won't work in SRW.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2008-04-16 at 15:21.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 15:33   Link #8
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Yes, but now make way for...SEED DESTINY! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anyway, I've got the info up in the usual place complete with scans and personal thoughts so check it out if you want to folks.
Well I think having Destiny is great, because I get to beat the crap out of Shin and Kira, and there is high chance of Bright Slap on Shin .
Old 2008-04-16, 17:00   Link #9
Tendou88

I rather have Gundam 00 than GSD.
imagine Trans-am ^^
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 17:26   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
I rather have Gundam 00 than GSD.
imagine Trans-am ^^
it would probably be your standard Bunshin ability along with being a powered up mode and one new attack for each unit. For Exia it would have to be the Seven Swords Stab it used in the last episode of season 1. For Dynames it would be an extra long range shot, for Kyrios it would be the claw with Hal-Al as a pilot and much improved stats and for Virtue it would be the ridiculously huge beam shot it fired in episode 23. You'd also need a new sprite, a time limit (something like 3 turns) and an increased energy cost for the say +300 on all damage modifiers. That's how I'd do it.

Also, Gundam 00 would have worked amazingly well for Super Robot Wars W had it been completed at the time. A shame. I can see 00 being in the next Super Robot Wars after it finishes it's run though.
Old 2008-04-16, 18:14   Link #11
Tendou88

Quote:
it would probably be your standard Bunshin ability along with being a powered up mode and one new attack for each unit. For Exia it would have to be the Seven Swords Stab it used in the last episode of season 1. For Dynames it would be an extra long range shot, for Kyrios it would be the claw with Hal-Al as a pilot and much improved stats and for Virtue it would be the ridiculously huge beam shot it fired in episode 23. You'd also need a new sprite, a time limit (something like 3 turns) and an increased energy cost for the say +300 on all damage modifiers. That's how I'd do it.

Also, Gundam 00 would have worked amazingly well for Super Robot Wars W had it been completed at the time. A shame. I can see 00 being in the next Super Robot Wars after it finishes it's run though.
Yea Exia's strongest attack would be seven swords, but there should be one more like the combo he did on Ali. I think it would be better if the Trans-Am attacks are limited, example Virtue super shot can only be used once.

btw did they reset the serie ? Camille piloting MK-II and old mazinger O_O
but im fine with the reset
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 20:39   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
Yea Exia's strongest attack would be seven swords, but there should be one more like the combo he did on Ali. I think it would be better if the Trans-Am attacks are limited, example Virtue super shot can only be used once.

btw did they reset the serie ? Camille piloting MK-II and old mazinger O_O
but im fine with the reset
It looks like a new timeline so of course he's got to be back in the MK II. Hopefully they do some things to spice it up.
Old 2008-04-16, 21:17   Link #13
Rias

I wonder what other series they will show in next week's famitsu issue...even tho there's only going to be 1 more "new" series, they can still fit a whole bunch of old ones.

Speculations:
-If they have Zeta then they probably will have also have CCA, just as Mazinkaiser is probably going to be in...Of course, since Z is going to be a new series like alpha was, they might just be in the later games...
-Tekkaman Blade and FMP would also be nice...FMP for this game and 2nd raid for the next one...
-seeing that they can still include a battleship or 2 (I think there's only 3 series right now that has a battleship) then perhaps Nadesico can also be in it...
-post apolyptic setting seems to be good for Gundam X or ∀ to be in...
Old 2008-04-16, 21:57   Link #14
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I wish it would be Vandread.....and FMP.
Old 2008-04-16, 22:54   Link #15
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

I'm just talking to my friend on the phone and he suggests that the nostalgic debut series is going to be be Tetsujin 28. Being the first super robot series ever, it seems quite possible to me. What do other people think.
Old 2008-04-17, 00:35   Link #16
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Vandread and Tekkaman plz. Truthfully, I dont really mind that most of the announced series so far are newcomers. In fact I suppose at LEAST some of us are tired of repeating the classics over and over again (coughCCAsinceImpactcough). BUT there could have been better choices...

As for a Celestial Being wrecking havoc in Britannia or some insane TTGL Giga Drill Breaking a Zaku (lol O_o)... forget it pals. At least that will not be until 2012 or later. Even SEED had to wait 2 years before it was added to @3
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 01:26   Link #17
Rey Za Burrel
Taiyou no Tsubasa

but with banpresto was owned by bandai namco games , we may not need to wait that long
anyway , I wish there would be Tekkaman Blade ( Blade 2 is meh ) and Gundam X or Gundam V , I miss them alot

Gundam Z movie is great ! I love metamorphoze and the only thing that I hate about Z serie in SRW is their bgm ( except the bgm when Kamiyu uses his wave rider crash move ) , so now with Metamorphoze , Kamiyu and Quattro all the way !
Mada da , mada owaran yo ~

For Gainer , the only thing that I like about that series was just only its OP.....
Rey Za Burrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 02:27   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Za Burrel View Post
but with banpresto was owned by bandai namco games , we may not need to wait that long
anyway , I wish there would be Tekkaman Blade ( Blade 2 is meh ) and Gundam X or Gundam V , I miss them alot

Gundam Z movie is great ! I love metamorphoze and the only thing that I hate about Z serie in SRW is their bgm ( except the bgm when Kamiyu uses his wave rider crash move ) , so now with Metamorphoze , Kamiyu and Quattro all the way !
Mada da , mada owaran yo ~

For Gainer , the only thing that I like about that series was just only its OP.....
Well I'll personally take the classic Zeta Gundam BGM over metamorphoze any day for the sole reason that a) I don't like the song and b) I find it clashes horribly with the rest of the Zeta Gundam music and was just put in their because Gackt is popular (for some reason). Of course swappable BGM's are an option, but if they aren't included I'm probably either going to have to bench Zeta Gundam or mute my speakers.
Old 2008-04-17, 05:27   Link #19
Rey Za Burrel
Taiyou no Tsubasa

uhm , because I love metamorphoze so I will not discuss anything about which song is better
btw , from the SS with MKII firing its Bazooka , I notice that there was 2 hizacks and 1 Marasai that has been hit , so perhaps we will have 3 units for a squad now ? A leader , a left wing and a right wing , seems perfect IMO

Last edited by Rey Za Burrel; 2008-04-17 at 11:34.
Rey Za Burrel is offline   Reply With Quote