AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-01, 22:22   Link #4621
Pyromania

This arc has never been covered, or even referenced, in any To Aru verse media before. So Touma's involvement isn't 'pre-ordained' like it was for the Sister's arc.

Demon Mikoto was completely out of left field for everyone. A huge twist in an arc that has no mention anywhere after it in the main story, even though it probably should...

My guess is that Misaki gets to play 'erase the minds' at the end of it. What other excuse is there for this kind of major event not being mentioned anywhere else?
Old 2013-08-01, 22:25   Link #4622
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Well, it kinda has.
Old 2013-08-01, 22:38   Link #4623
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

It's true that it is an excuse to say this arc intersects with both Index and Railgun. But there's no excuse to say that Touma must is completely omitted from this perspective of the arc. Well, he did his part from the another perspective of the story. But his existence in this arc in Railgun's perspective, however, must not be entirely disregarded. Again, if you look at the end of chapter 60, it seems that Touma will likely to step-in again. So it's a little too late to disregard what would Touma do in the future.

PS: Keep in mind, it's not like I simply disregard the major events going on in Railgun's perspective.
Old 2013-08-01, 22:54   Link #4624
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
This arc has never been covered, or even referenced, in any To Aru verse media before. So Touma's involvement isn't 'pre-ordained' like it was for the Sister's arc.

Demon Mikoto was completely out of left field for everyone. A huge twist in an arc that has no mention anywhere after it in the main story, even though it probably should...

My guess is that Misaki gets to play 'erase the minds' at the end of it. What other excuse is there for this kind of major event not being mentioned anywhere else?
Well based on what we've seen so far(not much) only Gensei had seen her like this. Mikoto might not remember going into this state so it kinda makes sense if it isn't referenced in the future.
Old 2013-08-02, 01:39   Link #4625
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Expectations:

But then...
Spoiler for space:

Reality:

Bersi also said about Accelerator being the Anti-Kihara. But how if he only fought Amata only, or maybe we don't know and he fought some more behind the scenes.
Funny pictures

Also,

Kiharas like Gensei, Bersi, Terestina, and so on... all seem to get information easily and have wide access to classified information. Taking this into account, I doubt Touma would actually have to fight someone.

Even if Touma's case could be considered special, I'm sure the Kiharas have some access to data... but I'm not really aware of how much...

Also, I think it's wrong to assume Kiharas find out about Touma's ability from this battle... otherwise...
Spoiler for New Testament Volume 7:
Old 2013-08-02, 09:13   Link #4626
Shinhwa
Banned

Don't Kiharas have access to some high classified information since they are like Aleister's top scientist family?
Old 2013-08-02, 10:00   Link #4627
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Don't Kiharas have access to some high classified information since they are like Aleister's top scientist family?
Probably, but that doesn't mean that they are told everything all of the time...
Old 2013-08-02, 10:27   Link #4628
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
I don't want to see "I'll BREAK THAT ILLUSION!" That is a fun thing to happen, but this story is too well told to be ruined by the forceful insertion of Touma into events.
That nostalgia reading this sentence, so long that Touma does not use these words in a serious fight, the maximum he currently does is make a subtle reference.

Also I do not want Touma save the day (I also did not want the arc to end with one more project level 6). I want to see Mikoto regain their dignity as protagonist and toasting Gensei with the legendary lightning that our ancestors revered.
Old 2013-08-02, 10:29   Link #4629
hamazura
whatever

nah, misaki will save her, developt feeling as yuri couple, and then erase all of those memories
Old 2013-08-02, 10:45   Link #4630
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Scanlations are out.

And now we see how Gensei took control of Exterior and The Radio Noise network and made Mikoto awaken.
Old 2013-08-02, 11:53   Link #4631
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
nah, misaki will save her, developt feeling as yuri couple, and then erase all of those memories
Some fanarts have Misaki x Mikoto and some of the next doujinshi that are to be released in C84 has threesome with Misaki x Mikoto x Touma =w=
Old 2013-08-02, 13:04   Link #4632
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
I don't know who you are, but I like you the way you think.
Old 2013-08-02, 15:06   Link #4633
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Some fanarts have Misaki x Mikoto and some of the next doujinshi that are to be released in C84 has threesome with Misaki x Mikoto x Touma =w=
please tell me your serious and not joking around please ?

PS: despite her going into demon mode: wonder what attack were going to see
Old 2013-08-02, 19:33   Link #4634
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
please tell me your serious and not joking around please ?

PS: despite her going into demon mode: wonder what attack were going to see
I am not joking.

Artists who are going to be releasing doujinshi in Comiket 84 have put up previews and pre-order links on their PIXIV accounts. You just need to search Shokuhou Misaki (in japanese) on PIXIV and you will find it (Don't do this if you are under 18 though)
Old 2013-08-02, 23:43   Link #4635
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I don't think you're allowed to post scans...?
Old 2013-08-03, 00:03   Link #4636
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
Delete that post while you can
Old 2013-08-03, 00:20   Link #4637
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

You probably shouldn't quote it your self Shinhwa!
Old 2013-08-03, 00:38   Link #4638
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Interesting... Seems like Oyaji Gensei knows Aleister, and referring Mikoto as Aleister's favorite? Did he just mistaken for Accel or maybe the other potential Level 5's?

And Oyaji has body freeze HAX! OMGBBQ! How very cunning for an old man like Gensei.

Besides, I guess it's impossible for Touma not to get involved anymore. Plus, he already came across with the Level 6 Shift via Accel and classified documents Mikoto stole from one of the labs a few months back. Still, I don't think he overheard that Level 6 Shift has been resumed. Sorry to disappoint you, guys. But trust me, he won't touch the Exterior since he has zero knowledge about the Exterior. Believe me, it partly won't be 'save the day' by going one-man-army.

So... are you gonna give a sarcastic claps for Touma? Or for Kamachi?

Anyway, let's just say that Touma will deal with Mikoto, while Misaki handle the Exterior and Mitori will take care of Oyaji Gensei. Sounds fair?
Old 2013-08-03, 00:42   Link #4639
hamazura
whatever

touma job is only to carry misaka home after misaki do all epic job
i-really-dont-want-falcon-punch-and-lecture-from-touma-to-finish-some-arc-again
Old 2013-08-03, 00:45   Link #4640
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
touma job is only to carry misaka home after misaki do all epic job
i-really-dont-want-falcon-punch-and-lecture-from-touma-to-finish-some-arc-again
Trust me, he won't TOUMA PUNCH Mikoto. Remember that I did say he made an exception for Mikoto from his 'pawnch-dat-face' list?
And yes, his only job is to bring Mikoto home while leave Exterior for Misaki. And this is my speculation.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen