AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-30, 13:59   Link #1881
Kinali
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
She panicked and reacted immediately. That's my point. She screamed as if she was losing not just someone she barely met but someone extremely important to her. You'll notice Kaname as contrast didn't have the same reaction, he only followed her underwater. Right now she's offered a chance to find her home and go to help her friends of all life in a potentially dangerous quest underwater and does she jump to the opportunity? No, she doesn't.

It was only natural for Chisaki to react like that with Tsumugu. That's the thing about it, her feelings are subconscious, strong and natural and Kaname perceived them. The way she held Tsumugu after he nearly drowned and the look in Kaname's face had already heralded it. He was worried when Tsumugu was spending time alone with Chisaki in the city too earlier. Thinking "they only end up together because they spent time together" is ridiculous. Kaname spent more years next to Chisaki and nothing changed. It was because Chisaki was attracted to Tsumugu in the first place her feelings for him are less of a platonic nature. Of course the maturation will be related to the time and what they lived through, that's entirely realistic but she had always show attraction to him vs the comfortable friendzone Kaname was placed.
But 5 YEARS! and still they're not a couple. Pretty damn sad if you ask me when Chisaki was attracted to him before those 5 years and they're still at this level. What if Kaname and Hikari never came back? How many more years until they get together? So like someone said earlier about Tsumugu being lucky that his rivals are only kids or more like he's lucky he has no rivals. They may look like a couple but they're not and it will be a damn shame if the only reason they get together will be because of Kaname. It's almost feels like they would never be a couple unless Kaname is there. Wish they were a couple already.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:01   Link #1882
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterum View Post
What Sayu said to Miuna about how real life aren't like fiction, and that our crushes don't lest forever, that in real life you're not just in love with one person for the rest of your life, or you can even be with someone you're not in love with just not to be alone, was one of the ballsiest things I've ever seen said in an anime. Finally! Some realism!
It would have been a pretty good moment if Sayu was being honest about it. But she said all that out of denial. It wasn't ballsy at all; it showed her cowardice. A facade that crumbled to pieces the moment Kaname called out to her.

For now the story is endorsing Miuna's attempt to cling to her childhood crush. We'll see how that goes...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-01-30 at 14:11.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:12   Link #1883
Moeterum
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It would have been a pretty good moment if Sayu was being honest about it. But she said all that out of denial. It wasn't ballsy at all; it showed her cowardice. A facade that crumbled to pieces the moment Kaname called out to her.

For now the story is endorsing Miuna's attempt to cling to her childhood crush. We'll see how that goes...
Yeah, I talked too soon without watching the rest of the episode. But now I've seen it to the end and... yep, it was good until they ruined it when they made it clear she didn't mean it...

But for a minute there it seemed like a really ballsy statement in an anime.

Oh well...
Moeterum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:12   Link #1884
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali View Post
But 5 YEARS! and still they're not a couple. Pretty damn sad if you ask me when Chisaki was attracted to him before those 5 years and they're still at this level.
Have you ever lost anyone in your life? I'm asking this because people pointing out this makes me believe they never experienced any sort of legitimate loss and mourning. It's hard to move on. Chisaki lost, when she was 14 years old, her parents, her town, her best friends, all in a single swoop in a extremely traumatic way. She was left alone in the surface. Even if she had attraction to Tsumugu, her emotional state would be vulnerable and completely ill-timed for romance. When she appeared to cheer up in the flashback (and look at Tsumugu noticing how fine he looked with his uniform), the guy she considered family nearly died hours afterwards this.

Then Tsumugu moved away to study in the city.

Tsumugu would not take advantage of her either. He's not that kind of guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali View Post
What if Kaname and Hikari never came back? How many more years until they get together? So like someone said earlier about Tsumugu being lucky that his rivals are only kids or more like he's lucky he has no rivals. They may look like a couple but they're not and it will be a damn shame if the only reason they get together will be because of Kaname. It's almost feels like they would never be a couple unless Kaname is there. Wish they were a couple already.
Chisaki needs closure from her old life, she's getting it already. Look at her decision of not going down there this episode. People believing real romance are based on crushes are cute but that only works for high or middle schoolers. Take a look to how the Itaru/Akari thing was handled, they were a growing family unit. Exactly as Tsumugu and Chisaki had become. Chisaki and Tsumugu have obvious muted attraction going on (everyone picks it up, the changing scene, etc), but they also have something extra to contrast the "the boy I crushed since I was nine just appeared and he's my age" drama right now. Kind of like Itaru and Akari contrasted the children in the first half, thinking about it.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:23   Link #1885
Kinali
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Have you ever lost anyone in your life?
Yes I have. Quite a few actually but 5 years without moving on is too much. I guess some people are stronger than others. Which is why I'm asking what then if Kaname or Hikari never came back. It is then up to Tsumugu to do something. Some people are able to move on when they meet new person such as a new love. That love would be Tsumugu in this case. People like him usually lose out so I wished he manned up.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:32   Link #1886
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali View Post
Yes I have. Quite a few actually but 5 years without moving on is too much. I guess some people are stronger than others. Which is why I'm asking what then if Kaname or Hikari never came back. It is then up to Tsumugu to do something. Some people are able to move on when they meet new person such as a new love.
Now imagine if you lost 99% of your loved ones, your house, your clothes, your entire life one night. And you're 14 years old emotional girl, cripplingly afraid of losing things and changing. Please. Don't give me b-but I'll get over it because I'm stronger bull because I don't believe you. Secondly, Chisaki had gotten over it by the time they were graduating highschool and Tsumugu's grandfather nearly died and opened the wound. Then they spent a year apart because he went to study oceanography in the city.

Kaname and Hikari must come back because Chisaki needs closure. Isn't sufficiently obvious to you she isn't even bothering to go with them in the village? She'll never realize what she values the most until she gets a chance of get her blissful childhood things back. Now she has a choice. Choice Tsumugu wanted to offer too. Who is studying the currents again? That's right, it's Tsumugu. Kaname's narrative function as the one who realized something is between them is for the benefit of the viewers.

Why don't you complain Kaname forced Hikari and the rest spit out their feelings, huh? It did not make their feelings less real.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:33   Link #1887
kira22
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I honestly is a bit disappointing, there are too many questions, there are still 9 episodes at the end, and yet you are not concluding anything (because of coppie9, the story is going to be too long.
Chisaki and tsugumu to not end up together in these five years means that the expected return of kaname and hikari .... although I seem to be the only ones who can get together, have lived together for 5 years, 9 episodes seems to me a little bit contrived that something might arise between kaname x sayu and Miuna x hikari ...
then I do not like this insecurity Chisaki inside seems to me that that has changed ... is less obsessed with the past, tsugumu who is always silent, but there will be someone who speaks? kaname I'm sure that will make them put together of view on this ... this anime is childish.
kira22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:38   Link #1888
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Tsumugu's behavior is tied with his past for sure. His family is an open subplot Chisaki got interested earlier. They'll touch it eventually, relax.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:43   Link #1889
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Now imagine if you lost 99% of your loved ones, your house, your clothes, your entire life one night. And you're 14 years old emotional girl, cripplingly afraid of losing things and changing. Please. Don't give me b-but I'll get over it because I'm stronger bull because I don't believe you. Secondly, Chisaki had gotten over it by the time they were graduating highschool and Tsumugu's grandfather nearly died and opened the wound. Then they spent a year apart because he went to study oceanography in the city.

Kaname and Hikari must come back because Chisaki needs closure. Isn't sufficiently obvious to you she isn't even bothering to go with them in the village? She'll never realize what she values the most until she gets a chance of get her blissful childhood things back. Now she has a choice. Choice Tsumugu wanted to offer too. Who is studying the currents again? That's right, it's Tsumugu. Kaname's narrative function as the one who realized something is between them is for the benefit of the viewers.

Why don't you complain Kaname forced Hikari and the rest spit out their feelings, huh? It did not make their feelings less real.
If they had mutual feelings toward each other she would be able move on. That's how relationship works. But Chisaki still cling to the past.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:43   Link #1890
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
If they had mutual feelings toward each other she would be able move on. That's like relationship works. But Chisaki still cling to the past.
Because clearly Chisaki's emotional turmoil is about losing a stupid crush.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:49   Link #1891
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
There is no place for "stupid crush" after years of living together. If you love someone, you are happy be with that person, you get happy memories that overshadow bad one which fade out into point it loose it's influence on your life.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:49   Link #1892
Pablete
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Some crushes become the love of a whole life, this world works on various ways and that's those are popular in literature.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:50   Link #1893
Kinali
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Now imagine if you lost 99% of your loved ones, your house, your clothes, your entire life one night. And you're 14 years old emotional girl, cripplingly afraid of losing things and changing. Please. Don't give me b-but I'll get over it because I'm stronger bull because I don't believe you. Secondly, Chisaki had gotten over it by the time they were graduating highschool and Tsumugu's grandfather nearly died and opened the wound. Then they spent a year apart because he went to study oceanography in the city.

Kaname and Hikari must come back because Chisaki needs closure. Isn't sufficiently obvious to you she isn't even bothering to go with them in the village? She'll never realize what she values the most until she gets a chance of get her blissful childhood things back. Now she has a choice. Choice Tsumugu wanted to offer too. Who is studying the currents again? That's right, it's Tsumugu.
There are a lot of people in that situation. They dont forget but they move on. I know of one kid whos entire family has been slaughtered and its been 6 years and he's doing pretty good. Like I said some people are stronger than others. I'm from Mexico and i been surrounded by such things like losing family members and friends since I was a child. I guess I was brought up in more cruel world.

Now I can say I agree with you that with both of them having feelings for each other but I dont really believe they need kaname to move on. Especially when there was chance they would never come back.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:52   Link #1894
Akane01
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chisaki is still in love with Hikari, the word "move on" doesn't exist for okada
Tsumugu is going to be the second choice IF they end up together.
Akane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:56   Link #1895
kira22
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akane01 View Post
Chisaki is still in love with Hikari, the word "move on" doesn't exist for okada
Tsumugu is going to be the second choice IF they end up together.
Chisaki is convinced of being in love with hikari
kira22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:59   Link #1896
Akane01
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira22 View Post
Chisaki is convinced of being in love with hikari
yes she is, it's obvious even after 5 years
Akane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 15:13   Link #1897
Blaat
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
This episode had too much Sayu and not enough Kaname suffering.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 16:15   Link #1898
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Actually a story with none of the characters ending up with who they love would be pretty interesting. I am sure some people would be pissed (and I kind of doubt the story would actualy go there) but as a fan of unrequited love stories I'd be quite happy with that type of development.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 16:39   Link #1899
ices
Working Hard
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
But Akari already ending up with Itaru
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 16:42   Link #1900
kuromitsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Yeah, if anyone tells me that this show is not soapish or doesn't wallow in melodrama after this episode...

Okay, okay, getting out of here now.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.