AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 18:16   Link #29761
bio9205
Reborn

All I care about from Shizuoka is the Doven Wolf! Looks great

Anyway, on my HGUC Sazabi - sanded down the ball joint and added a layer of school glue and grey paint. It'll hold the leg, but I can't move it without the entire leg dropping off. I guess I'll have to settle for that compromise :/
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 19:15   Link #29762
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
The RX-78-2 isn't a totally new mold. It uses mostly from the 2.0 and mixes in the RG tech (moving panels, multi-tone panels). I think it's an unnecessary release, but RX-78-2 fans should get it.
No, only the weapons and core fighter share molds with the 2.0 and even at that the weapon molds are modified to work with the new manipulators.
Those parts were all near perfect so there was not much point in re-designing them.

The kit itself however is 100% new. New inner frame and an even more complex armour separation than the RG kit
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 20:23   Link #29763
Skye629

Quote:
MG RX-78-2 Ver. 3.0
MG Geara Douga
MG Age-2 Double Bullet
MG Aile Strike RM Ver.

Is that it in terms of MG's shown at this year's Shizuoka Hobby Show? If so, then they failed hard.
Not fail at all

3.0 is a big deal, since we are going to be getting the normal follow ups to the Gundam after its release at some point

Geara DOGA is great news as it will hopefully lead to the much wanted MG Jegans and Zulus later on
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 21:51   Link #29764
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Not fail at all

3.0 is a big deal, since we are going to be getting the normal follow ups to the Gundam after its release at some point

Geara DOGA is great news as it will hopefully lead to the much wanted MG Jegans and Zulus later on
Not saying it's a fail for having those kits, it's just how few kits were shown. I was expecting more than 4 since really the MG Age-2 Double Bullet and MG Aile Strike RM Ver. were announced a while ago.
Old 2013-05-17, 23:37   Link #29765
Skye629

Quote:
Not saying it's a fail for having those kits, it's just how few kits were shown. I was expecting more than 4 since really the MG Age-2 Double Bullet and MG Aile Strike RM Ver. were announced a while ago.
Well the Gundam 3.0 practically announced two more kits, a Green and Red Zaku

And arent we getting the AGE-3 and FX later on?
Old 2013-05-18, 02:16   Link #29766
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Well the Gundam 3.0 practically announced two more kits, a Green and Red Zaku

And arent we getting the AGE-3 and FX later on?
It annouces absolutely nothing. Plus i don't see the reason to, the zaku 2.0 are technically superb up to date kits, availabe in 10 variants.

if you will be getting anything from the origional new it will be a Dom 2.0 or maybe a gouf custom 2.0

Bandai is trying very hard to keep the old gundam alive, but it's slowly diying in favor of newer stuff. That is unfortunately the way of life.

Now where is my freedom 2.0
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:21   Link #29767
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
It annouces absolutely nothing. Plus i don't see the reason to, the zaku 2.0 are technically superb up to date kits, availabe in 10 variants.

if you will be getting anything from the origional new it will be a Dom 2.0 or maybe a gouf custom 2.0

Bandai is trying very hard to keep the old gundam alive, but it's slowly diying in favor of newer stuff. That is unfortunately the way of life.

Now where is my freedom 2.0

How is old gundam dying? I still see many people buying the OYW and 2.0 ofthe RX-78. If it were truly dying then Bandai would not make a new kit for it as demand wouldn't be good enough.
Old 2013-05-18, 09:07   Link #29768
maknaedik

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...d-kits-on.html

I'll get banned if I say something else XD

Anyway, that Legillis-R's violet seems lighter than it's supposed to be.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 09:59   Link #29769
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Well of course. After MG AGE-2 Normal, MG AGE-2 Special Forces is really easy to make to begin with. So, I don't think this online exclusive surprises anyone. It's easy money for Bandai, so it's just a matter of time and mood. If Bandai is in the mood to make MG AGE-2 SF, it will happen easily. Just like what happens now. Unlike MG Justice that will require them to work from scratch.
Old 2013-05-19, 05:44   Link #29770
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now we might also get the MG Age-1 Unit 2 Assault Jacket and MG Age-1 Full Gransa.

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-05-19 at 05:59.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:05   Link #29771
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now we might also get the MG Age-1 Unit 2 Assault Jacket and MG Age-1 Full Gransa.
Age 1 unit 2 IS the assault jacket. Bandai are just not going to bother making the actual jacket parts as its a MSV design and they really only sell for very popular series. Age was the worst ranked series on TV ever.
Old 2013-05-19, 07:39   Link #29772
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
Age 1 unit 2 IS the assault jacket. Bandai are just not going to bother making the actual jacket parts as its a MSV design and they really only sell for very popular series. Age was the worst ranked series on TV ever.
If it is the Assault Jacket, why isn't the Assault Jacket armor pieces being shown?

Age might be the "worst ranked series on TV ever", but it sure as hell is getting a lot of releases. =P

And that's thanks to how the mecha were designs; making it very very likely to release color variations and variations in the wears...

And if this Age-1 Unit 2 is the Assault Jacket variant and this Age-1 Unit 2 MG is confirmed, then I guess the Assault Jacket pieces will be included. =D
Old 2013-05-19, 08:53   Link #29773
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Spoiler:

Was only a matter of time..
Old 2013-05-19, 09:39   Link #29774
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
If it is the Assault Jacket, why isn't the Assault Jacket armor pieces being shown?

Age might be the "worst ranked series on TV ever", but it sure as hell is getting a lot of releases. =P

And that's thanks to how the mecha were designs; making it very very likely to release color variations and variations in the wears...

And if this Age-1 Unit 2 is the Assault Jacket variant and this Age-1 Unit 2 MG is confirmed, then I guess the Assault Jacket pieces will be included. =D
Did you not read what I said?!
Bandai will not bother making the Assault Jacket parts!!!

The Age 1 unit 2 was a second unit created for Largan, it would LATER be used as one of the assault jacket test units.

The only reason Age is still getting kits is because the anime studio is still working Age related stuff. Age kits will start to dry up a few months after MOE is released.
Old 2013-05-19, 10:07   Link #29775
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Spoiler:
Was only a matter of time..
Yup, just as planned . (love that deactive color)

and Suiton, don't double-post.
Old 2013-05-19, 10:16   Link #29776
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
Did you not read what I said?!
Bandai will not bother making the Assault Jacket parts!!!

The Age 1 unit 2 was a second unit created for Largan, it would LATER be used as one of the assault jacket test units.

The only reason Age is still getting kits is because the anime studio is still working Age related stuff. Age kits will start to dry up a few months after MOE is released.
He never reads what we're saying, he just put words in our mouths and replies accordingly
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 15:31   Link #29777
Skye629

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Happy now u can get that AGE-2 SF?

No to the assault jacket, its way to under the radar and there is no point to releasing it, I can only see it getting a release if they sneak it into MOE and it is received well

Gransa is a maybe, most likely depending on how well the AGE-3 and FX sells
Old 2013-05-19, 16:57   Link #29778
Providenceangle

Why don't you just ignore him. Problem solved. I do the same thing with bandai online exclusives. I ignore them and just buy what I like.

Now on topic. I really like the new stuff coming out. It seems to hit me right in my wallet... MG Jesta, RG GP01, MG geara doga... Maybe I should stop gunpla and save money, to do something useful with my money.... Ah screw it! More gunpla!! lol

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-05-19 at 19:35.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 02:35   Link #29779
firefox
Seed seeder

Anybody else frustrated about the number of online exclusives bandai is launching?

It's a freaking nightmare for non- japan based builders, not to mention the extra cost for my wallet.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 05:17   Link #29780
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Anybody else frustrated about the number of online exclusives bandai is launching?

It's a freaking nightmare for non- japan based builders, not to mention the extra cost for my wallet.
So far the only online exclusive that I might want to have is the Crossbone. But that is just another variation of an existing kit so no real complaints there.
Once they start releasing regular models as exclusives and not just variations, then I'm gonna be pissed as well.
But so far we really did just get variations, extra equipment and effect parts.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy